Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

MOUSE resetting?

Tsunade
Clinically Insane!!

Member 153

Level 23.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:39 PM #1 of 9
MOUSE resetting?

Is there anyway I can get my mouse to act normal... I mean whenever I select something it keeps DRAGGING... and now I can't use photoshop... any suggestions... like uninstalling reinstalling or whatever to work it again would be appreciated...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:46 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 07:46 PM #2 of 9
Yea, follow these steps:

1. Get a bill like above (note it shows the back and front)
2. Head to a local store that sell mice (remember the plural of mouse is mice)
3. Buy a new one for ~$10,-

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Tsunade
Clinically Insane!!

Member 153

Level 23.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:59 PM #3 of 9
Baby... the mouse works PERFECTLY on my other computer... I have THREE mouses... 2 that are 2 weeks old (need a certain sensativity)... so yeah it's this computer (I took it to the techinicians to work on it since it went to a complete freeze after a few minuts of working)... blah

*people always give me sarcastic responses*

Most amazing jew boots
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 01:22 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 08:22 PM #4 of 9
Then it may be time for a nice format of your computer, since it's obviously filled with junk.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Tsunade
Clinically Insane!!

Member 153

Level 23.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 01:52 PM #5 of 9
It is full of junk... but lots of usefull junk too.. and I'm talked abouyt 80+250 GB of space... can't get rid of that... anyway to get the mouse back to it's default setting...

I was speaking idiomatically.
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 01:56 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 08:56 PM #6 of 9
Then at least check for spyware/adware/virusses if you don't believe me solution works.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 02:21 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 09:21 AM #7 of 9
I hope you know how to navigate with a keyboard

Ok, you said it works fine on other computers. So I would suggest using Adaware, AVG, and or spybot to see you have 'junk' in your computer. After you reset the computer see if the mouse is still giving you problems.
If it is, I might suggest reinstalling its drivers or even go as far as getting upgrades to said drivers.

FELIPE NO
Snowknight
may carry parasites

Member 165

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 02:59 PM #8 of 9
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse in Device Manager and then reboot for some false hope.
Really, though: mice are cheap. Go buy a new one.
At the very least, see if you can find one at your employer or something: some places have stuff that they don't want.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
RushJet1
Chiptune Freak

Member 815

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 03:46 PM #9 of 9
Originally Posted by Tsunade
ok then. here's some things you should tell us!

what kind of mouse do you have? do you use usb or ps2 or (heaven forbid) your serial port to connect it? is it optical? laser? trackball?

i would recommend doing what grawl said first. check for viruses, adware, and spyware. if you don't have them, some good options are avg free (grisoft) for viruses, spybot search & destroy / ad-aware / microsoft antispyware / hijackthis for adware / spyware.

then, you should delete all unnecessary programs you can. i know that my computer occasionally fills up with junky programs i only used once but never got around to deleting.

next, disable all startup items you don't use/need. things like winamp agent, itunes helper, quicktime helper, etc. are all nice in some cases, but a lot of people don't use the programs enough for that to be much use.

if you're using usb, try updating your motherboard's chipset drivers or usb drivers and see if that helps.

this last point is actually just a guess, but if your computer is running slowly otherwise, your pc might have forced your hard disk to go to PIO mode, making the whole thing run molasses-slow (i had a friend who had this problem, and his mouse would drag everywhere and jump around because the system was so slow). try setting it back to ultra-dma 5 in the control panel, or look here for a quick fix (this worked for my friend's system just fine).

good luck....

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > MOUSE resetting?