Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Project Cloverfield a.k.a The JJ Abrams trailer before Transformers starts.

Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 12:50 PM Local time: Jul 3, 2007, 12:50 PM #1 of 187
Project Cloverfield a.k.a The JJ Abrams trailer before Transformers starts.

Alright, so I go into Transformers thinking it was going to be a kick ass movie (which it was) and so I get there 30 minutes early to avoid the huge crowd.

The previews start up, and there is a new Adam Sandler movie where everyone laughed and that was about it.

Then it cuts to a movie where the camera is nothing more than a home video camera capturing a going away party for some guy. Everyone is having a good time, drinking, laughing, telling the camera they'll miss the guy.

Then something like an earthquake hits, shaking the entire building and forcing the lights to go dim. The earthquake stops and everyone is going "What the hell was that? Let's go see if any is alright up on the roof." It was a big party.

So on the rooftop it seems everyone's alright, but the entire city is blacked out, and someone says that their friend should have left a day early. Then there it is, a roar, and the camera shifts to the left to see the middle of Manhattan go up in explosion. Everyone starts screaming and running, the camera cutting out as they run down the stairs.

Outside everyone is running towards and past the camera man and from above an object comes flying towards him, landing right behind him and skidding, it's the statue of liberties head, and then the monsterous roar sounds off again.

No title after that, just says "J.J. Abrams" and then 1-28-2008

From the roar I'm banking it's a giant monster movie, of course, but insted of it being big budget, it's all shot through people with video cameras. Needless to say with the set up of the trailer, it got my adrenaline going, which very few movies do that. I'd love to know more about this movie, but I guess no one even knew it was being made before it was shown before Transformers.

Any ideas of what it could be? I was personally hoping for another Godzilla

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 06:23 PM #2 of 187
Ain't It Cool News broke the story on Cloverfield a few weeks ago and according to them it is a giant monster movie with the creature being called "The Parasite" for now.

Other than that and the director being the guy who did The Pallbearer there isn't really much else known about the project.

How ya doing, buddy?
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 10:34 PM #3 of 187
I can't stand the "amateur home video" style. I can deal with 2 minute videos on youtube but over an hour of it... no, it makes me dizzy and nauseous. The image will always be unclear and the camera will be constantly shaking. It makes me think Blair Witch Project, I never seen it but I've seen the commercials.

[RANT]
A bitch running around screaming and all you see is the floor. Then they film themselves with boogers oozing out their nose. Snort that shit back in or blow your freaking nose, I don't wanna see your snot!

Most amazing jew boots
Divest
Banned

Member 3267

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2007, 02:42 PM Local time: Jul 4, 2007, 12:42 PM #4 of 187
If you're going to make a big monster movie, it needs to be big budget.

Otherwise... :/

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2007, 02:44 PM Local time: Jul 4, 2007, 01:44 PM #5 of 187
Well, from the trailer they didn't cut costs on special effects, just camera work. I jouhou on the handheld issue though. Looks like crap.

I was speaking idiomatically.
ctu
...and... loving it

Member 439

Level 19.07

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2007, 03:42 PM #6 of 187
Right now we don't even know if that how the whole movie will be or just that one part of it. I am going to have to see that movie when it comes out.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

(\__/)(\__/)(\__/) (\__/)(\__/)(\__/)(\__/) (\__/)
(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)( ='.'=)
(")-(")(")-(")(")-(") (")-(")(")-(")(")-(")(")-(")(")-(")
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2007, 03:53 PM Local time: Jul 4, 2007, 03:53 PM #7 of 187
Appearantly, rumors say, is that the whole movie is going to be shot with hand held cameras, from different civillians caught up in the matter.

Problem with Blair Witch is that th acting in it was god damn horrible, and unbelievable. you don't see anything in it but a god damn ear cut off, and some guy standing in the corner before some bitch gets knocked out. Hype is why anyone went and saw that movie, and it was a peice of shit.

This, however, actually shows you what's going on around them, and if you thought any of the camera was too shakey excluding them running down the stairs, well, never play a FPS as long as you live.

FELIPE NO
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2007, 01:28 AM Local time: Jul 4, 2007, 11:28 PM #8 of 187
I'm very interested in this movie. I don't mind the handheld camera and I gathered from the trailer that it'll probably be done from the persective of the average citizen bringing it down to a more personal level.

I really loved how the trailer opened up. I thought it was going to be some lame love type story or something and then BAM it comes out of no where with an 'earthquake' and an explosion. Definitely grabbed my attention.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2007, 02:30 AM Local time: Jul 5, 2007, 01:30 AM #9 of 187
Haha, when I saw that trailer during the Previews, that was just one big WTF for me. The movie seemed like a pass at first, but once the explosions and quakes happend it got so exciting. Then they ended it without title or look at what the monster/creature/giant is.

Could this possibly be a new Godzilla movie? Cause some of the things kinda hint at that possibly (eg. the guy going to Japan, roars, fire, explosions, people saying it's something big, the monster itself big enough to toss the head of the Statue of Liberty).

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2007, 03:38 AM Local time: Jul 5, 2007, 12:38 AM #10 of 187
I like the handheld camera view. It makes it all look real. I know if I saw an actual video of some giant fucking monster tearing up a city, I'd be scared shitless. If the whole movie is like this, I bet it's gonna be awesome. I'm willing to forget Blair Witch and give it a chance.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Jul 5, 2007, 04:04 PM #11 of 187
Could this possibly be a new Godzilla movie? Cause some of the things kinda hint at that possibly (eg. the guy going to Japan, roars, fire, explosions, people saying it's something big, the monster itself big enough to toss the head of the Statue of Liberty).
No, it should be some other creature. Besides, I don't think anyone is going to try a Godzilla movie after the American GINO (Godzilla-in-name-only) movie.

I like the handheld camera view. It makes it all look real. I know if I saw an actual video of some giant fucking monster tearing up a city, I'd be scared shitless. If the whole movie is like this, I bet it's gonna be awesome. I'm willing to forget Blair Witch and give it a chance.
Yes, I'm betting that's the approach they're after. I don't like that it's amateur video but I will admit that it is a pretty good idea. We'll just have to wait and see how it rolls out. The story, way it unravels, and elements of a movie can make it worth watching regardless of budget/or whatever. If it catches my attention I'll just do something like watch it in intervals.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2007, 12:30 AM Local time: Jul 6, 2007, 10:30 PM #12 of 187
Oh this! When I saw the trailer, my first thought was "Eww, what's this?" Then it was *BOOM* headshot, and I was stunned. I got pretty cised and excited too, but I didn't know how much was actually unknown about this film until I saw some news articles just today regarding an increase in "JJ Abrams" queries on Google and stuff. So yeah, it's not gonna be out for a while, but I'm pretty stoked for it.

waka waka

sanemonkey • twitter • last.fm • gfw • backlog • youtube • xbox
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2007, 12:58 AM #13 of 187
Had to remember what this was called (because I thought it was the title of the film you know, for simultaneous date in the film gimmick or something)

Actually, I didn't know what the hell was fucking shit up (theater is kinda shitty). It will seem intereting enough to see when it comes out

I was speaking idiomatically.
Divest
Banned

Member 3267

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2007, 03:05 PM Local time: Jul 7, 2007, 01:05 PM #14 of 187
I saw the trailer and I have to say this looks awesome. Reading what people said about it, I thought this was an attempt to be a low budget hand-held flick (aka: Blair Witch bullshit) and those are always awful.

Fortunately it looked really awesome. I can't wait until this film comes out. Sure, the camera work might be a little annoying and make me nautious but that's what will make or break this film. I just hope this doesn't become a trend.

I can already see all the battery died, ran out of film, found a new battery and or film four hours later after all the exciting stuff happened bullshit coming from a mile away, but maybe they'll prove me wrong (hopefully).

Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2007, 03:22 PM Local time: Jul 7, 2007, 03:22 PM #15 of 187
I can already see all the battery died, ran out of film, found a new battery and or film four hours later after all the exciting stuff happened bullshit coming from a mile away, but maybe they'll prove me wrong (hopefully).
i really can't see them doing this coming from a logical standpoint. I mean, the camera -might- get turned off from time to time, maybe they accidently hit it or something, I'm not sure.

But if I was running from a huge fucking monster, I wouldn't necessarily look at my camera and go "Fooey, my battery has run dead, I must scurry to the nearest retailer and purchase another!"

FELIPE NO
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2007, 12:38 AM 1 #16 of 187
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...94809056&hl=en

trailer.

Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2007, 03:59 AM Local time: Jul 8, 2007, 03:59 AM #17 of 187
I could kiss you <3

makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2007, 05:00 AM Local time: Jul 8, 2007, 04:00 AM #18 of 187
Damn, they're turning this into some wicked online game to find out what this movie is all about.

http://www.ethanhaaswasright.com/
http://www.1-18-08.com/

solutions to puzzles from ethanhaaswasright.com can be found here
http://fallingsky.blogs.com/falling_...overfield.html and..
http://thebraxcave.com/2007/07/05/so...aas-was-right/

Spoiler:
Message after you finish all the puzzles say that something will happen on August 1st.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by makura; Jul 8, 2007 at 05:20 AM.
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2007, 09:20 AM #19 of 187
Ok, now that I've finally seen the trailer I can comment properly. This movie looks awesome. Before seeing the trailer, I was worried about poor lighting but they did a pretty good job in the trailers. I just hope my eyes can handle shaking picture on the big screen.

How ya doing, buddy?
rockthepartay
Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner.

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2007, 11:08 AM #20 of 187
Am I the only one that thinks this is going to be a spinoff movie for Lost or something? I know it's not going to be, but it would be awesome.

I love how J.J. Abrams pretty much uses the same material but presents it in interesting new ways.

Well, I'm looking forward to it.

Faust 72
Blue Fedora, Orange Socks!!

Member 1129

Level 7.59

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2007, 01:59 PM #21 of 187
I hope this is something to do with Chtulu.

Most amazing jew boots
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes."
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 8, 2007, 06:08 PM Local time: Jul 8, 2007, 05:08 PM #22 of 187
Matchmoving the special effects with the shaky camera is crazy.

Here's an article that talks about some casting as well as filming locations.

Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2007, 01:52 AM Local time: Jul 9, 2007, 01:52 AM #23 of 187
Okay I don't knwo what the fuck it is about this movie, and what it's doing, but it's freaking me the fuck out.

www.1-18-08.com There are two things in that website that has to be noted. I put it in spoilers for those that want to find them for themselves. The two pictures definately have some weird shit going on in them.

Spoiler:
The picture of the two women, in the middle there is a face of the devil in their hair...BUT

if you photoshop or MSpaint it...split the picture down the middle, then line up each face...it forms a perfectly shapped face it seems...the two girls in that photo are the same girl.

And in the other picture, with the guy in the party...he is downing a drink, but...his eyes are pure black, and when you look closer, it looks like he's in pain, and spread like he's being crucified.

Dear god this has me freaked.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Grail; Jul 9, 2007 at 02:03 AM.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2007, 02:01 AM Local time: Jul 9, 2007, 02:01 AM #24 of 187
I hope this is something to do with Chtulu.
That would be so fucking badass. Some kind of mainstream media that could actually pay tribute to the lore.

I actually never had a problem with Blair Witch. I've always been about delayed gratification, so all the scare tactics without the monster was what made me enjoy the whole experience. Hell, I even liked the horrible sequel, to a certain extent. And I liked the acting as far as it was authentic. People who just behaved how they thought folks would in that situation, instead of trying too hard and making artifice out of acting.

Needless to say I'll be at this one on day one. I'm torn whether I should try to research it going in or just go in cold and let it all be a surprise, though.

Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2007, 02:06 AM Local time: Jul 9, 2007, 02:06 AM #25 of 187
That would be so fucking badass. Some kind of mainstream media that could actually pay tribute to the lore.

I actually never had a problem with Blair Witch. I've always been about delayed gratification, so all the scare tactics without the monster was what made me enjoy the whole experience. Hell, I even liked the horrible sequel, to a certain extent. And I liked the acting as far as it was authentic. People who just behaved how they thought folks would in that situation, instead of trying too hard and making artifice out of acting.
I thought I heard somewhere that there wasn't even a script to the blair witch project. That they would just impromptuly add shit in there to freak the kids out.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Project Cloverfield a.k.a The JJ Abrams trailer before Transformers starts.