Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] Phantasy Star Online 2 - Sailordaravon's Last Hope

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:42 PM 1 #1 of 22
Phantasy Star Online 2 - Sailordaravon's Last Hope

Phantasy Star Online 2 Announced! Phantasy Star Fan Blog

Announced at via a TGS trailer showcasing the 10th anniversary of PSO

Nothing known besides 2011 and for PC, but it would seem stupid to not put it on consoles as well (like PSU).

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

AHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Jam it back in, in the dark.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:48 PM Local time: Sep 15, 2010, 09:48 PM #2 of 22

Daravon, buddy, I mean... can't you go outside and just pick up tiny rocks, trying to find the one tiny rock of the perfect shape and size and get the same dungeon crawling joy without the broken, shoddy mechanics?

There's nowhere I can't reach.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:50 PM #3 of 22
You can do a much better troll than that, come on.

Most amazing jew boots
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:53 PM Local time: Sep 15, 2010, 09:53 PM #4 of 22
Look, some days you want to write a rap about how Mo0 is fat, and some days you want to post a yawning baby because some games are just dull. For your sake, though, I'm glad it is coming out. God knows you and the three other people who like this series will be thrilled.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:10 PM #5 of 22
Actually the PSO (and even PSU) games have all sold really well. Fuck, the private PSO BB servers (the official ones went down like 3 or so years ago) still average 500-1000 players at any given time, and most of those people are donating monthly server costs. There's a lot of interest (even if it's not your thing).

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2010, 02:58 AM Local time: Sep 15, 2010, 11:58 PM 1 #6 of 22
I don't really want to put down any of the PSO games, I've had fun with them in the past, but... Would it kill them to make PS5? Seriously.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:05 AM #7 of 22
I'd be down for that as well, but would you really trust Sega of today to make PS5? Is anyone still at Sega who even made the originals?

The main reason a lot of people are excited about PSO2 is that the guy and team who took over PSU after it's original release (his name escapes me at the moment) have turned PSU around dramatically. The PSU expansion was a huge improvement, and Phantasy Star Portable 1 and 2 (especially 2) are actually genuinely great games that incorporate most of why people like PSO, pulled the good things out of PSU while dumping most of the garbage. I'm seeing a ton of people who hated PSU (which is understandable) but are completely loving Portable 2, so there's some goodwill that's been built up there.

Also it doesn't seem like JRPGs have been doing great this gen, in either terms of quality or sales with some obvious exceptions.

Most amazing jew boots
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:34 PM Local time: Sep 16, 2010, 07:34 PM #8 of 22
The PSO games are good for people like me who would like to play a MMO, but don't always have the time or desire to deal with a huge world like WoW. Sometimes you just want to do a quick dungeon run or two before work and that's pretty impossible with most MMOs.

As for the gameplay, at first the timed 1, 2, 3 style of attacking bugged the hell out of me, but once I got used to it, it wasn't that bad.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2010, 06:00 AM Local time: Sep 17, 2010, 03:00 AM #9 of 22
Quote:
I'd be down for that as well, but would you really trust Sega of today to make PS5? Is anyone still at Sega who even made the originals?
Yeah, I do have a nagging awareness about why it wouldn't make sense to expect it. Or expect it to stand up to past titles. I just want it, damn it. I feel the same twinge of frustration I had when the original PSO was announced. Sega continues to carry on the name but not do with it what older fans of the turn based games hope they will. They are making Sonic 4, after all, so my fingers will remain crossed as long as the brand is relevant.

Good to hear PSU took a turn for the better, I gave up on it early on. And, admittedly, I'd probably be all over PSP if I owned a... PSP.

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2010, 07:25 AM #10 of 22
Yeah, I can certainly understand wanting another game in a franchise I like

Yeah, PSU improved a lot with the expansion, and PSP 1/2 and PS0 were all huge improvements, PSP2 in particular. In theory if the PSO2 team is these guys, and they can more or less put in the PSP2 gameplay and systems in a PSO setting and atmosphere, this could be the greatest game ever. However this IS Sega, so even though they've been on a roll lately with these games, I also entirely believe they could fuck it up.

How ya doing, buddy?
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2010, 01:09 AM Local time: Sep 17, 2010, 10:09 PM #11 of 22
The man you are referring to is Satoshi Sakai, SailorDaravon.

It is him and his team that made improvements to the newer Phantasy Star games, and it shows. Its also important to note that one of the key factors of PSU's failures is long delays between updates, which is mostly Sony's fault.

I talked to one of the GMs at E3 this year (Ruby Eclipse, very cool guy), and Sony has a stupid mandatory 2 week wait time for every patch and whatever gets submitted to them, where as Microsoft didn't. Hence the 360 servers get their updates and patches on time, while PS2 and subsequently PC servers, ended up around 2 years apart from the Japan updates.

One of the Sega America teams then went to Japan to speak with Sakai and his development team about this, and Sakai was surprise to hear how far apart updates were compare to the Japanese servers. I hope this will make them realise the changes needed to be made if they are to make PSO2 successful. If Sony still insist on that mandatory wait period , I rather they not develop the game for the PS3 and stick to PC and 360. Though I will still be ok if its PC only, since that was the version I played on PSU.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2011, 08:47 AM #12 of 22
OHHHHHH SHIT

(skip to about 1:30 for gameplay)

YouTube Video

Some higher quality pics here.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2011, 01:21 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2011, 11:21 AM #13 of 22
UNF.

I will buy it.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2011, 05:02 PM #14 of 22
Still very early, game goes into Alpha this Summer for what it's worth.

Also forgot, minimum system requirements were posted on the website as well:

Quote:
OS Windows XP 32bit版 日本語版
Windows Vista / 7 32bit版・64bit版 日本語版
CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 以上
メモリ Windows XP:1.5GB以上
Vista/7:2GB以上
HDD空き容量 8GB以上
モニター解像度 1280×720以上
グラフィックカード NVIDIA GeForce 7800GT もしくは同クラスのグラフィックカード以上
サウンドカード DirectSound対応ボード(DirectX 9.0c以上)
DirectX® DirectX 9.0c以上
インターネット接続環境 ブロードバンド環境(ADSL・光ファイバー等)

I'm currently running on this laptop. Looking online at a card comparison between the minimum specs here it looks like I should be fine in that regard, and from what I can tell my Intel Core 2 Duo P7450 is about equally better than the Intel Core 2 Duo E6300, so assuming that I don't get a new PC between now and the end of the year I think I'll be okay to run it on this laptop, at least for a while. The common thought is still that there's no way this won't wind up on at least PS3 if not 360 as well, but I can't imagine it'll launch at the same time.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Apr 24, 2011, 06:33 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2011, 04:33 PM #15 of 22
Man, I love how most foreign PC games have fairly low PC requirements so people not running the latest rigs can actually enjoy them.

FELIPE NO
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2011, 06:45 PM #16 of 22
Yeah, I know. I think a lot of it is the whole net cafe thing over there, they don't want to make online/MMO games that won't run on those computers.

Most amazing jew boots
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2011, 07:45 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2011, 04:45 PM #17 of 22
Well, its official. I am getting this on day 1 whenever its out. My husband and our circle of friends are freaking out right now over the video.

Love the dodging, jumping, DMC style air juggling, and the behind character's back camera angle for shooting. I hope there are plenty of clothing options, as well as face and body customization. The new style cut in faces for the chat windows are neat.

According to the Phantasy Star fan blog, full info from trailer:

Quote:
A fleet called “Oracle” travels through infinite space.

A new adventure to unknown stars

An “evil” presence across space.

An opposing force called the “Arks”

Can space be protected or will it be swallowed up?

The end depends on (You) the hero!

* Original Combo
* Random Field
* TPS Style
* Jump Action
* Hybrid Custom Action
* Seamless Weather
* Something occurs each time? Interrupt Event
* Aiming for Infinite Adventure
* An adventure with no ends!
Phantasy Star Fan Blog

Will probably get a better PC rig when we get an idea of the release date.

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2011, 01:10 AM Local time: Apr 24, 2011, 10:10 PM #18 of 22
lol Jump Action.

Still, this is very exciting. I'd completely forgotten this was coming out. I liked what I played on the PSP2 demo, but I wouldn't have been able to get online with it, because I didn't want to spend $50 on a router for one game. Also, I like to have a bigger screen and a controller for these games.

Looks fantastic though. Probably a day 1 purchase for me as well.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Spartan

Member 2588

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2011, 05:59 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2011, 07:59 PM #19 of 22
Dear lord, day one purchase for me as well. I don't care, super special collectors edition? Sure. Trade your first born for this little plastic figurine of one of the main characters? Done.

I've been wanting a PSO2 since Xbox360/PS3 have been announced. If they put it on those platforms that'd be great, if not, I don't care, I'll just as happily play it on computer. There goes my social life.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kalekkan
Chocobo

Member 697

Level 11.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:04 PM #20 of 22
I'm really looking forward to this! It looks like it's a lot more action-packed than the previous games. Definitely going to be picking up on opening day.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2011, 06:10 PM #21 of 22
Official release of HQ version of the trailer, which also was translated into English which bodes well for a US release (but still no official confirmation).

YouTube Video

Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2011, 01:19 PM Local time: Apr 30, 2011, 08:19 PM #22 of 22

i thought i was the only one who liked PSO.
Can't wait for this ! (i miss my dreamcast )

no homo

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] Phantasy Star Online 2 - Sailordaravon's Last Hope