Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Final Fantasy XIV

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:26 PM Local time: Aug 18, 2012, 10:26 AM #1 of 58
The fuck, Skate is back-- whatever, weird shit happens nowadays. A Realm Reborn actually looks like it might be halfway decent, so maybe I'll pick it up when it launches. I am wondering what sort of nightmare female Galka(-but-not-named-Galka-anymore) look like.

EDIT: Wait, I just noticed something. WHAT THE FUCK are those things flying in the background

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Final Fantasy Phoneteen; Aug 20, 2012 at 11:12 PM.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:26 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2012, 09:26 PM #2 of 58
They look like massive goddamn flying isopods.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:25 PM Local time: Nov 11, 2012, 01:25 PM 2 #3 of 58
All MMOs that fail should have meteors slammed into them.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2013, 09:33 PM Local time: Jul 1, 2013, 07:33 PM #4 of 58
I got into the beta, but I never played the original so I can't compare it. Combat is mostly like FF XI-- which is to say, it's like most MMORPGs. The music is good, there's a surprising quantity of actual narrative here, quests are worth a damn (in XI it seemed like they were only good for getting advanced Jobs). I do like these weird Fate things, which are impromptu mini-quests that pop up in the field that anyone can join in on and get experience/items. One had like 20 players ganging up on this one bandit chick, another murdering Cactuars for drops. My favorite was against a horde of beastmen-- a solid 50 players charging endless waves of lizard men and Qiqirn (mobs from Aht Urghan in XI) for about five minutes. Pretty fun.

Still on the fence, though. The only reason I liked XI so much was because it was like Final Fantasy V Online: tons of jobs and variations. I mean, technically Jobs and Subjobs are still around, but in a weird way. Not a big fan of how they work, though at least there's Paladin.

I'd probably be all aboard if there was Blue Mage or Puppeteer, but for now I'm cautiously optimistic. God I miss PUP.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2013, 10:53 PM Local time: Jul 1, 2013, 08:53 PM #5 of 58
That said... I'm gonna say though that the battle system feels NOTHING like FFXI's.
How do you measure feelings, exactly? All I mean is that all MMORPGs have the same general battle system (in that you can move around freely and you're essentially operating under an invisible ATB). They can have subtleties like the weapon proficiencies from XI, but if you've played one MMO, you've got the gist of every battle system.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Tags
i thought ur mad on me, sori to bother you tail

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Final Fantasy XIV