Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The most annoying thing, heard on a commercial

Ovain
Deathwalker

Member 1197

Level 1.34

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 10:03 AM #1 of 37
The most annoying thing, heard on a commercial

I hate the annoucer that says, (It's the number one movie in America), (Or the number one comedy)!!!! He says it all the god damn time when a new movie comes out!!! He even says the same thing for two or three movies that are out!!! How is one movie soppose to be the #1 movie in America when he said that for another one???!!! Everytime it's the same stupid phrase in each fucking commercail..........

I've been hearing that crap for at least 2 years now, it's so annoying......

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Had paradise and trashed it all, cast out from heaven, now you fall.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 10:14 AM #2 of 37
They usually use such verbal tricks as "#1 Comedy movie in America." For example, RV is the #1 comedy movie in America. Which means a lot, because it's up against films like Just My Luck.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
splur
Chocobo

Member 2496

Level 14.14

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 10:21 AM #3 of 37
The most annoying commercial ever is that Remodel America ad on TBS. They play it at least twice every commercial interval and the... ARG ANNOYING DIALOGUE!

Something about promotional offer, keep the price secret, let us put the sign up infront of your house, four wall composite material... man, I hardly watch TBS and I already know all the god damn things for this commercial.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
[RIGHT]
Mr. Danielsard
Starting this Summer ^)^

Member 581

Level 6.34

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 11:09 AM #4 of 37
Anything on a Geico commercial is annoying, (#1 annoyance is the lizard around whom revolves the whole commercials):aargh:

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

What will they be?
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 12:46 PM #5 of 37
"Save On Tuna!" commercial is annoying. I think it was Mr. Sub or something so I guess it'd be Canadian.
Explanation: There's a guy belting out at full volume "Save The Tuna!...Save The Tuna!..." etc. His manager comes out of the restaurant and says: "It's Save ON Tuna...[unintelligible]"....then the guy's like "whatever...Save On Tuna!..." etc. at full volume again.

So sad, after all that advertising I can't definitively remember which place to eat it was :0

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 01:50 PM Local time: May 19, 2006, 12:50 PM #6 of 37
Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now?

Repeat ad nauseum.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 02:00 PM Local time: May 19, 2006, 11:00 AM #7 of 37
any commercial where McDonalds trys to be cool, BAH BAH BAH BaHhH BAH! *random breakdancing, and burger eating*

FELIPE NO
Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 02:36 PM Local time: May 19, 2006, 12:36 PM #8 of 37
WANNA FANTA FANTA FEVER FANTA FANTA FANTA FEVER

...and repeat 50 thousand times.

I thought I could avoid it by staying away from movie theaters. But now it plays on TV every few minutes.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Stuff goes here~
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 02:42 PM Local time: May 19, 2006, 01:42 PM #9 of 37
Any commercial for that show House. I swear to God they start every commercial by saying "On the next episode of House, House tackles his biggest case yet when [insert this week's plot here]". How fucking annoying is that? I've never seen the show, but apparently every freaking episode is about Dr. House getting a new case...his biggest case yet!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Spike
Good Chocobo

Member 642

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 03:02 PM Local time: May 19, 2006, 01:02 PM #10 of 37
They do this by quoting different journalists or movie critics. One critic may say that this comedy is the #1 comedy and another critic will say another comedy is the #1.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 03:38 PM #11 of 37
Also those dumb milk commercials with the farmers and girls trying to be all hip with break dancing and rapping. So silly!
"Big bad bessie with the m-i-l-k!"

vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 03:48 PM Local time: May 19, 2006, 03:48 PM #12 of 37
Hardees Commercials. The commercials are so pathetic.

They don't even say "Hey, buy this food because it tastes good". They say "Buy this if you're a real man".

I'm sorry, I don't think of gender roles when I'm sinking my teeth into a cheaply made Fast Food patty.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 03:56 PM Local time: May 19, 2006, 02:56 PM #13 of 37
Originally Posted by Spike
They do this by quoting different journalists or movie critics. One critic may say that this comedy is the #1 comedy and another critic will say another comedy is the #1.
Nah, they go by the actual numbers, they just have to be a little creative with the wording. If it really is the #1 movie in America, they'll say that. If it's the top comedy movie in America, meaning that any movie currently above it is a drama or something, than they say it's the #1 comedy in America. If there is another comedy above it, but in a different category, then they'll say soemthing like the #1 family comedy in America, or the #1 animated comedy in America. The most recent example I can think of is when Scary Movie 4 came out about a month ago. It beat out Ice Age for the #1 spot, and it was also comedy. Since they couldn't say it was the #1 movie or the #1 comedy, the commercials started saying it was the #1 family comedy in America, since Scary Movie 4 is in no way considered a family comedy. By using clever wording, they are technically telling the truth, without even relying on critics or anything.

GarretThe Thief
The TS master

Member 192

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 04:01 PM #14 of 37
Originally Posted by SILBER-3
Any commercial for that show House. I swear to God they start every commercial by saying "On the next episode of House, House tackles his biggest case yet when [insert this week's plot here]". How fucking annoying is that? I've never seen the show, but apparently every freaking episode is about Dr. House getting a new case...his biggest case yet!
But hey it is a very good show, I watch it whenever it's on so yeah. but your right that is kinda annoying.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 04:30 PM Local time: May 19, 2006, 03:30 PM #15 of 37
It probably is a good show, but those commercials are part of the reason why I've never even attempted to watch it in the first place. I may pick it up on DVD one day if it ever goes on sale, so I can see it from the beginning and not be subjected to crappy commercials that advertises the next epidode the same way they advertise every episode.

How ya doing, buddy?
NaklsonofNakkl
Th3 0m3n

Member 6922

Level 10.17

May 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 07:05 PM Local time: May 19, 2006, 04:05 PM #16 of 37
I hate:
1) Movie Commercials that try to rank movies by box office sales when a week later a better movie will eventually come out and have more sales.
2) Fast food ad's that try to appeal to the 'hip hop' style
3) Cell phone commercials that try to compete with one another about dropped calls, and more service area...why not just combine the damn lines into one and make Cell Phones a monopoly then?!
4) Soda Commercials (preferibly Pepsi) that put the soda doing things that are just stupid...
5) News commercials...i mean, come on, the news comes on at certain times and everyone can simply be remembered by so threw commercials during credits, don't devote a whole 1-2 minute commercial telling me FOX news is the best and you should watch the top stories (which will be a surprise) at 11pm weekdays!

That is about for my hates on commercials.

Come, Dance the Dance of Love!
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 08:45 PM #17 of 37
What happened to my Sketchers!?

WHO WOULD DO THIS TO MY SKETCHERS!? :aargh:

How ya doing, buddy?
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 12:07 AM Local time: May 19, 2006, 09:07 PM #18 of 37
I remember the Old Navy commercials a few years ago that would always feature a group of people dancing to a song. The most recent one I managed to catch had everyone wearing plaid, I think.

Most amazing jew boots
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 12:25 AM Local time: May 19, 2006, 11:25 PM #19 of 37
That reminds me, those Old Navy commercials that they were playing a couple of months back, with that annoying song (it might be the plaid one you're talking about Rydia). It was something like "Blue, blue the sky is blue, the grass is green and my heart is true", or some crap like that. The lyrics are stupid enough on their own, but combined with the crappy music, crappy singing, crappy dancing, and crappy clothes, this commercial annoys me to no end.

Kazyl
Good Chocobo

Member 1774

Level 17.65

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 02:27 AM Local time: May 20, 2006, 12:27 AM #20 of 37
Originally Posted by NaklsonofNakkl
3) Cell phone commercials that try to compete with one another about dropped calls, and more service area...why not just combine the damn lines into one and make Cell Phones a monopoly then?!
Because without competition, the remaining cell phone company could charge as much as they want.

Most amazing jew boots
DarkDraco911
Veteran Ninja

Member 426

Level 12.39

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 10:37 AM Local time: May 20, 2006, 10:37 AM #21 of 37
Originally Posted by Dubble
Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now? Can ya hear me now?

Repeat ad nauseum.
Both the "Can Ya Hear Me Now?" & "Wanna Fanta" make me sick to my stomach. :ninja:

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 06:19 PM #22 of 37
Probably the most annoying thing about any commercial is the sudden increased volume which, if anything, prompts one to press MUTE and go get a bag of chips.

Commercials are so gimmicky, loud, in-your-face, and obnoxious, they often make me not buy a product.

Although then there are some commercials which are so full of shit they do the opposite. Tendercrispbaconcheddarranch was so over the top sensationalized that I bought one pretty much every time I went to Burger King.

Last edited by Eleo; May 20, 2006 at 06:22 PM.
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 07:46 PM #23 of 37
I have thick skin when it comes to commercials, but the thing that gets to me is outright lying and scamming.

For example, there's a commercial for an air purifier that tells viewers that it "converts pollutants to pure oxygen".

And I definitely hate this Kevin Trudeau guy. He's a liar and a scammer. He's been BANNED FROM THE MEDIA by the F.C.C. - and still the guy is hocking his book of bogus cures!! What the hell?! And people are actually buying it!!! You Americans are so stupid!

FELIPE NO
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 04:10 AM #24 of 37
You know that Skittles commercial with the guy who has a moving beard?

Grosses me out every time they play it.

That goes double for the Axe Effect commercial with the muscular "chick". Someone hand me a bucket, I need to hurl.

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 04:22 AM Local time: May 21, 2006, 01:22 AM #25 of 37
I find that Skittles commercial to be pretty hilarious.

"Your resume's good but we need someone with more experience."

"Experience....Ha!" That slightly bitter laugh makes me chuckle every time.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > The most annoying thing, heard on a commercial