Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Left 4 STOP THROWING PIPE BOMBS AT THE TANKS

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2008, 02:49 AM #76 of 640
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Spartan

Member 2588

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Dec 31, 2008, 12:41 PM Local time: Dec 31, 2008, 02:41 PM #77 of 640
This game is definitely loads of fun. Especially on Versus mode. Though, maybe I'm too critical about how people act on there, but there's a lot of people that don't even try to coordinate attacking. Like hunters just jumping on someone while other infected still haven't spawned yet as well as all of the survivors being right beside them, and then there's all of us progressing forward as survivors, only to turn around, and spot one of your teammates playing around half a map away, and get pounced.

How ya doing, buddy?
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Dec 31, 2008, 01:34 PM Local time: Dec 31, 2008, 01:34 PM #78 of 640
Though, maybe I'm too critical about how people act on there, but there's a lot of people that don't even try to coordinate attacking. Like hunters just jumping on someone while other infected still haven't spawned yet as well as all of the survivors being right beside them
While I agree that there is not a lot of 'coordinated' attacks, a lot of the times I'll go ahead and pull this stunt is when I, unfortunately, am the only hunter/smoker alive and everyone else is dead. The reason for that being is that every second that you cost the survivors from moving forward, those seconds are spent with the other infected soon spawning. Sometimes it's the difference between a decent attack made by just a boomer, or through the small confusion of knocking the other survivors back, a newly spawned smoker can nab another one, thus costing the survivors more time they should be using to run to the safe room.

Though, I agree, when all four infected are up and running, a coordinated attack is great, with the boomer being THE handiest infected to have period. I can't express how grateful I am as a hunter/smoker to see a boomer nail two or three people with a spit or an explosion so that the survivors that are still free have to mow down a wall of zombies just to get to the person I pounced or entangled.

Last night was epic...first map of Blood harvest and I was playing with three other people who were halfway decent at playing infected...it went down so smoothly halfway through. Me and two others were hunters, and we had one smoker. The smoker (in plain sight) snared someone up, and us hunters systematically (within like...3 seconds) all managed to pounce on every single other survivor so that all four of them were completely screwed.

Weird thing was, they were actually all laying there, snagged or pounced, and it didn't stop...the round only ended when they were all brought to that incaped phase. Which was weird in my book.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Spartan

Member 2588

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Dec 31, 2008, 02:32 PM Local time: Dec 31, 2008, 04:32 PM #79 of 640
While I agree that there is not a lot of 'coordinated' attacks, a lot of the times I'll go ahead and pull this stunt is when I, unfortunately, am the only hunter/smoker alive and everyone else is dead. The reason for that being is that every second that you cost the survivors from moving forward, those seconds are spent with the other infected soon spawning. Sometimes it's the difference between a decent attack made by just a boomer, or through the small confusion of knocking the other survivors back, a newly spawned smoker can nab another one, thus costing the survivors more time they should be using to run to the safe room.

Though, I agree, when all four infected are up and running, a coordinated attack is great, with the boomer being THE handiest infected to have period. I can't express how grateful I am as a hunter/smoker to see a boomer nail two or three people with a spit or an explosion so that the survivors that are still free have to mow down a wall of zombies just to get to the person I pounced or entangled.

Last night was epic...first map of Blood harvest and I was playing with three other people who were halfway decent at playing infected...it went down so smoothly halfway through. Me and two others were hunters, and we had one smoker. The smoker (in plain sight) snared someone up, and us hunters systematically (within like...3 seconds) all managed to pounce on every single other survivor so that all four of them were completely screwed.

Weird thing was, they were actually all laying there, snagged or pounced, and it didn't stop...the round only ended when they were all brought to that incaped phase. Which was weird in my book.

Yeah, I'll do the same in those situations as well, and it's understandable to do so. Though the guys I meant are the ones where most of the team is alive, and setting up an ambush up ahead, they'll go and attack them too soon. Oh, the ones that annoy me the most though are when you're a smoker, and you catch someone, and then a hunter for whatever reason will ignore the person coming to save that person, and instead pounce on the guy you just snagged.

Though, I seen a potentially epic show today. I failed to do this myself another day, and someone did it today. Essentially on the fourth map of No Mercy, with the elevator someone caught one of the survivors and dragged them out of the elevator as it was closing. It was beautiful.

Also, I can understand why the round didn't end. In that situation it didn't matter, but I've had a lot of times where I had pinned the last guy as a hunter, and a tank has come up and knocked me off, only for the guy to kill the tank, and bring back all his party.

FELIPE NO
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Dec 31, 2008, 03:15 PM Local time: Dec 31, 2008, 03:15 PM #80 of 640
Yeah, I'll do the same in those situations as well, and it's understandable to do so. Though the guys I meant are the ones where most of the team is alive, and setting up an ambush up ahead, they'll go and attack them too soon. Oh, the ones that annoy me the most though are when you're a smoker, and you catch someone, and then a hunter for whatever reason will ignore the person coming to save that person, and instead pounce on the guy you just snagged.
Truth be told, I forgive a LOT of people who pounce something I've snagged due to the fact that lag and all that shit has a lot to do with it.

There have been times where I've wanted to pounce a Louis that was standing in front of a Francis, only to have pounced a Francis instead of a Louis.

That's why I typically try to snag after a hunter pounces, or hopefully the hunter isn't lagging enough to accidnetly pounce my guy.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Spartan

Member 2588

Level 6.89

Mar 2006

Old Dec 31, 2008, 03:43 PM Local time: Dec 31, 2008, 05:43 PM #81 of 640
Yeah, I've done the pouncing an incapacitated guy when I meant to pounce the guy whos up beside him.

Though, the people that generally pounce my smoker'd guy are usually those who had plenty of time to know I have it. Like that I've just dragged the person from maximum distance to myself and I'm beating on him, and the hunter will pounce him, and the person coming to save them moments later arrives and slaughters both of us.

I could understand it being, "Oh, lag, sorry about that man." but there have been times where it happened multiple times in the same match by the same person. Though now that I'm talking about the game, I really want to go play it.

Most amazing jew boots
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jan 1, 2009, 04:04 AM Local time: Jan 1, 2009, 04:04 AM #82 of 640
Oh hey it's the lobby freeze bug I guess I'll always have to play games in progress and can't play with my friends, yay Valve.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Jan 1, 2009, 04:06 AM Local time: Jan 1, 2009, 04:06 AM #83 of 640
Oh hey it's the lobby freeze bug I guess I'll always have to play games in progress and can't play with my friends, yay Valve.
I've noticed for the last few days a lot of servers have been lagging like shit...which I'm not sure what to blame it on.

As for the lobby freeze...happens to me like...1 out of 100 games so I'm not going to worry about it too much. I'll chalk it up to it's the 6 days between christmas and new years where everyone really just doesn't give two shits about their job and enjoys the small time frame two super holidays.

Give it a week and it'll be fixed.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jan 1, 2009, 04:09 AM Local time: Jan 1, 2009, 04:09 AM #84 of 640
Yeah, for me it happens 4 of every 5 times. Apparently using an on-board NIC or setting the right doo-dads on a Killer NIC will fix the problem, but I have to use wireless because of this room.

The lag is happening because it's the holidays and everybody's playing.

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Jan 1, 2009, 04:31 AM Local time: Jan 1, 2009, 02:31 AM #85 of 640
Sup guys, I was able to aquire the game this new years eve, so I'll be able to blast zombies with you all now :3

Pang and Sass led me through a session and its pretty fun. I got dropped the first two times (Which I suspect was due to fullscreen mode), but after that it was smooth sailing (After I went to windowed mode).

I was speaking idiomatically.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jan 1, 2009, 04:32 AM #86 of 640
Dark Nation

Please

Do not use a mic with speakers again

it made my ears sad

that is all

How ya doing, buddy?
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Jan 1, 2009, 04:58 AM Local time: Jan 1, 2009, 02:58 AM #87 of 640
sorry! i didn't know that was a problem! i will correct this for next time.

FELIPE NO
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Jan 3, 2009, 05:48 AM Local time: Jan 3, 2009, 03:48 AM #88 of 640
Just got the game a couple days ago and am finding it to be quite fun. It's not really the type of game I'd ever play by myself on account of being a pansy, but with 3 other friends playing it's highly entertaining.

So far I've gone through about 3 of the campaigns (was AFK for half of Death Toll), with Dead Air being the one I haven't tried yet. Despite my lack of familiarity with FPS games it's been fairly easy to pick up and play, though I seem to have a knack for setting off Witches.

Haven't tried versus yet -- I prefer playing with friends rather than random people, so I guess I'll have to see when 7 other people manage to get on at the same time.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jan 3, 2009, 10:40 AM Local time: Jan 3, 2009, 10:40 AM #89 of 640
It seems like every server only runs No Mercy or Blood Harvest, are Death Toll and Dead Air just exploit-ridden or what?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2009, 11:10 AM #90 of 640
Were they for Vs? Well you can only play NM and BH on Versus so that would explain it, but I hear the other two will become playable in the next update whenever-that-may-be. DA is my favourite campaign so playing Vs. on that would be fun.

I've only played with a few of you so far, and it's been fun. I'm not able to use a mic though so I dunno how you guys would feel playing with mic-less ppl. I hear of ppl kicking people with no mics from their games, but I never play with strangers.

Last edited by Freelance; Jan 3, 2009 at 11:12 AM.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2009, 11:20 AM #91 of 640
It seems like every server only runs No Mercy or Blood Harvest
You found a server running Blood Harvest? LUCKY

How ya doing, buddy?
Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2009, 11:41 AM Local time: Jan 3, 2009, 10:41 AM #92 of 640
Despite my lack of familiarity with FPS games it's been fairly easy to pick up and play, though I seem to have a knack for setting off Witches.
"There's a witch nearby"
"What where"
*points flashlight*
*incapped*
*killed*
"lol"

Although the best one seriously was when I saw the witch, ran past it to higher elevation to try something out, and then you ran right behind me and triggered her somehow.

I have only done Dead Air and Blood Harvest. The Director is a total hater since the only time I did Dead Air, Taco + a friend got to safety while another friend + I got hit with a crate to the face by a Tank, which blocked the exit so we ended up dying. The initial run of Blood Harvest with Taco and his roomie went smoothly, then later when I tried it with a full team (Saka the Witch Startler included) it was nothing but wipe after wipe after wipe. The best wipe being my knee-jerk reaction to seeing a tank = throw a molotov. Except it was our brilliant strategy to all hole up in the restroom, with the tank. So we all just kind of lit up all pretty like

I really wish Saka would stop shooting me though. The black man is NOT A ZOMBIE.

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Jan 3, 2009, 11:54 AM Local time: Jan 3, 2009, 11:54 AM #93 of 640
I'm not able to use a mic though so I dunno how you guys would feel playing with mic-less ppl. I hear of ppl kicking people with no mics from their games, but I never play with strangers.
I don't always use a mic because the room I'm using doesn't have a door and I can't really control myself when a Hunter's on me, but generally the best way to play without a mic is don't be a dumbass and follow the orders of the guy who DOES have a mic. Maybe type something so people know you're not just some jackass.

Additional Spam:
OH SHIT A HOARD

*runs away*

*gets pounced*

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Bradylama; Jan 3, 2009 at 11:54 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2009, 12:15 PM #94 of 640
The best thing you can do if you don't have a mic is learn to make effective use of the voice commands (Z and X menus, since some people don't know). Spamming "LOOK" at a cache of molotovs is a lot faster than typing in your discovery, since the Survivors will happily call out the names of any items you tell them to look at.

Of course, this goes both ways, it's important to LISTEN not only to chatter over the mic but to the chatter amongst the survivors. Zoey will often notice things Zoey's player doesn't.

(Of course, this may only apply to PC, I have no idea whether XBox version has radial menus)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2009, 12:21 PM #95 of 640
Luckily I do play with people who has mics so I listen to them when I can. I actually have a mic of my own but I can't use it as the PC is in the living room and I don't want to disturb all my family members (I live in an apt). If the PC was in my bedroom or something, then it would have been different.

I hear you can also bind voice commands to a key too which would be even beter than using the Z/X keys. Not sure how to do it though. I think it's something like 'bind L "look"' or something?

FELIPE NO

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2009, 01:04 PM #96 of 640
As far as I know the 360 version doesn't have any menus for voice commands, so mic-less people can't communicate at all. I kick anyone without a mic when starting a game now since generally they always seem to do their own thing and ignore what's being said. There are plenty of reasons why people may not be able to use mics, but they're always such a drain on everyone else that I've stopped putting up with it.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Jan 3, 2009, 04:50 PM Local time: Jan 3, 2009, 02:50 PM #97 of 640
I guess you folks wouldn't want to play with me then, since I don't have a mic. Actually, none of us in the games I played used mics, but we typically got along fine. I guess it helped that half the team really knew what they were doing so the unexperienced ones could keep up.

I really wish Saka would stop shooting me though. The black man is NOT A ZOMBIE.
Stop looking like a zombo, mang.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2009, 07:22 AM Local time: Jan 4, 2009, 05:22 AM #98 of 640
I think I fixed the Mic problem, but its hard when I don't have pang or someone else to help me work through the apparent problem with it without getting super impatient after like 10 seconds.

In other news, I came across this:

Apparently someone crafted together a papercraft version of the Tank, which can now terrorize your home.

Papercraft: You'll Need Teamwork To Finish This Left 4 Dead Tank

D/L w/ Instructions in the article.

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jan 5, 2009, 04:28 AM #99 of 640
Sass, knowing you as a Tourettes guy fan, I figured you'd get a kick out of this mod!

YouTube Video

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 5, 2009, 02:32 PM #100 of 640
As hard as the Dead Stop achievement sounds, all I had to do to get it was punch the Hunter a bunch of times. wtf

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Left 4 STOP THROWING PIPE BOMBS AT THE TANKS