Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Possible HDMI Port On The 360?

ShinBojack
The Host With The Most

Member 8949

Level 6.75

Jun 2006

Old Jul 10, 2006, 07:41 PM #1 of 6
Possible HDMI Port On The 360?

Though this rumor of the Xbox 360 having an eventual HDMI port has been floating around for a good while now, we finally have what looks like visual proof of it being a reality.

From Xbox-Scene:
Quote:
We received this image from a source who wishes to remain anonymous. An Xbox 360 motherboard with a HDMI-port, interesting ...
Our source has seen 3 of these motherboards already, so it looks like Microsoft might be working on a new Xbox 360 version with a HDMI-port. However it's totally unknown when/if it'll be released to the public and if this will be included with all packages or only on the Premium. Or, who-knows, maybe it'll be for a 3rd package ... maybe even with an internal HD-DVD drive after all, to compete with the high-end PS3? (but that's pure speculation and MS PR recently denied working on an internal HD-DVD).

A digital output would certainly come as good news for those out there with new HDTV-sets and it could be pretty useful for the HD-DVD addon too, certainly if those movies will ever be HDCP-protected (Image Constraint Token flag). However people who already paid $400 for their 360 might feel less happy if Microsoft releases this soon.

Of course, this is great news for us folks who are looking forward to using the 360 as an HD-DVD player, since the HDMI port will allow us full use of the 1080i image that HD-DVD delivers, and HDCP copy protection will not be an issue.

However, Microsoft has stated before that they are not planning on making 360s with an internal HD-DVD drive, and this leaked image seems to counter their previous stance, as there would be no other reason why an internal HDMI port would be needed.

So what do you guys think? Is this leaked image genuine, or a fake just created to cause a commotion?

To me, well, I just want to start enjoying HD-DVDs on my 360 as soon as I can, so no matter how this turns out, I won't be affected :biggrin:

As long as I can see V For Vendetta on my 360 in 1080i, I'll be a happy man.

How ya doing, buddy?
Enter User Name
Chocobo

Member 510

Level 11.74

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2006, 10:43 PM Local time: Jul 10, 2006, 08:43 PM #2 of 6
Originally Posted by ShinBojack
Though this rumor of the Xbox 360 having an eventual HDMI port has been floating around for a good while now, we finally have what looks like visual proof of it being a reality.

From Xbox-Scene:

Of course, this is great news for us folks who are looking forward to using the 360 as an HD-DVD player, since the HDMI port will allow us full use of the 1080i image that HD-DVD delivers, and HDCP copy protection will not be an issue.

However, Microsoft has stated before that they are not planning on making 360s with an internal HD-DVD drive, and this leaked image seems to counter their previous stance, as there would be no other reason why an internal HDMI port would be needed.

So what do you guys think? Is this leaked image genuine, or a fake just created to cause a commotion?0

To me, well, I just want to start enjoying HD-DVDs on my 360 as soon as I can, so no matter how this turns out, I won't be affected :biggrin:

As long as I can see V For Vendetta on my 360 in 1080i, I'll be a happy man.
You mean 1080p. 360 already has 1080i.

HDCP won't be an issue, because by the time that roles out, the next set of consoles will likely be out already.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
ShinBojack
The Host With The Most

Member 8949

Level 6.75

Jun 2006

Old Jul 10, 2006, 11:29 PM #3 of 6
I don't think the 360 will be using 1080p, as the chipset wasn't created with the 1080p resolution in mind.

Yes, the 360 already has 1080i support, but only with their games. Obviously, if you put in a DVD, it's only going to be displayed in 480p. I just want to see movies in HD resolutions as well (and yes, I can buy an upscaling DVD player for that, but no reason if the 360 will eventually do that).

And from what I understand, HD-DVD movies will be incorporating the HDCP protection sometime next year. If that's the case, then Microsoft needs to release that HDMI cable soon.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 03:12 AM Local time: Jul 11, 2006, 09:12 AM #4 of 6
Originally Posted by ShinBojack
And from what I understand, HD-DVD movies will be incorporating the HDCP protection sometime next year. If that's the case, then Microsoft needs to release that HDMI cable soon.
Because Microsoft are well known for their constant efforts to make it easier for people too pirate copyrighted material.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss; Jul 11, 2006 at 07:57 AM.
devilmaycry
Chocobo

Member 4461

Level 13.07

Apr 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 07:42 AM Local time: Jul 11, 2006, 12:42 PM #5 of 6
It would be nice for some extra image shapeness... or you can use the VGA Box and be done with it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Vampiro
Good Chocobo

Member 9333

Level 17.36

Jul 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 07:53 AM #6 of 6
Whether it's fake or not, I don't really care. 1080p is a total geek thing. Not to mention I don't even have a TV that will benefit from it. But I guess if that stuff floats your boat, it's something to be excited about, and it's probably only being put out to combat Sony.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Possible HDMI Port On The 360?