Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Hell's Kitchen

kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old May 2, 2009, 09:32 PM Local time: May 2, 2009, 04:32 PM #26 of 52
Spoiler:
Yeah I'm so happy with the final 2 right now. I'd be happy if either of them won but I am pulling for Paula. It's gonna suck for whoever gets stuck with Lacey's stupid ass...

Most amazing jew boots
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old May 9, 2009, 09:17 AM Local time: May 9, 2009, 07:17 AM #27 of 52
Spoiler:
Not much to say, really, except that I can't wait for the finale next week. Both Danny and Paula have some real characters on their teams, and I hope they can manage to get things working smoothly. It'd be a real shame if either of them lost due to someone (like Lacey) severely screwing it up their service.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2009, 08:37 PM Local time: May 9, 2009, 03:37 PM #28 of 52
Spoiler:
Yeah I was about to say, it sucks that someone gets stuck with her, and it sucks even more that Paula got her because I want Paula to win. Second to the last ep is always a bore otherwise.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2009, 11:33 PM Local time: May 9, 2009, 10:33 PM #29 of 52
Spoiler:
I really wish they would have just shown the last two episodes back-to-back (I could have sworn they did that on a previous season), because yeah, this was a pretty uneventful episode. Even the whole picking their team thing wasn't that dramatic, because aside from seeing who got Lacey you could tell who they were gonna pick.

But yeah, next week should be awesome, and I can't wait to see who wins it. I have to admit, the way they reveal the winner (having them both go to a door and see which one opens) is probably the most exciting way to do it out of any reality show I watch.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old May 10, 2009, 09:03 PM Local time: May 10, 2009, 07:03 PM #30 of 52
The way they reveal the winner is pretty dang harsh, now that I think about it. A door in front of you that you can never open, while the person next to you passes through to their dreams? That's probably stings more than any normal announcement ever could.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old May 15, 2009, 07:04 PM Local time: May 15, 2009, 05:04 PM #31 of 52
Season 5 over!

Spoiler:
Congratulations to Danny! Was nice to finally see him get emotional at the very end. It must've been really close between him and Paula, but if I had to hazard a guess I think Paula got screwed by her team. LA was flawless, but Angela and Lacey really brought her down. I also think her restaurant area looked much better, but in the end I suppose it comes down to the food.

So, in terms of winners the last 5 seasons it's been male, female, male, female, and now male again. Female winner for season 6?

FELIPE NO
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2009, 07:47 PM Local time: May 15, 2009, 07:47 PM #32 of 52
The way they reveal the winner is pretty dang harsh, now that I think about it. A door in front of you that you can never open, while the person next to you passes through to their dreams? That's probably stings more than any normal announcement ever could.
I agree, it is pretty rough....

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2009, 07:51 PM Local time: May 15, 2009, 06:51 PM #33 of 52
Spoiler:
Pretty good finale overall, though I have to admit I was a bit disappointed since I was still rooting for Paula. Danny certainly is qualified and deserved to win, but something about him still rubs me the wrong way. I'm happy for him though, and wish him success in the future.

It was nice to see all the previous winners on the show for the finale. On most reality shows once someone wins they're generally forgotten about by the time the next season starts, but this show seems to embrace all the past winners and bring them back as much as they can.

Finally, I'm pretty surprised that the next season is premiering so soon after this one ended, late July from what I read. I know seasons 6 and 7 have already been confirmed, but I hope having these seasons air so close together doesn't burn people out on the series (not to mention that airing in the summer usually yields lower ratings, though previous season have aired in the summer so I guess that shouldn't be too much of a problem).

Jam it back in, in the dark.
kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2009, 08:10 PM Local time: May 15, 2009, 03:10 PM #34 of 52
Auuugh...yeah disappointed, but still happy nonetheless because those are the best finalists they ever had, to me. Winning "confessional" was a bit moving, especially about the mom.

How ya doing, buddy?
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old May 15, 2009, 08:21 PM #35 of 52
Spoiler:
Personally, I'm glad Danny won. I predicted his victory eight weeks ago and enjoy being correct. He seemed more assertive and more determined than Paula, like he had an ounce more passion. I think Ramsay saw that zeal in Danny.

As a sidenote, as they showed clips from past arguments and discussions, why did every single contestant appear to be a smoker? Was that a prerequisite? "We have one contestant who smokes, so they all might as well smoke so there are no conflicts."? Seeing something like that would make me not want to apply.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2009, 11:13 AM Local time: Jul 21, 2009, 10:13 AM #36 of 52
Thought I'd give the thread a little bump since the new season starts tonight with a two-hour premiere. Haven't really seen or heard much about the new season, but I found this little tidbit to be interesting (I guess it could be considered a spoiler (I personally don't think so), so I tagged it just in case):

Spoiler:
Heather, the season 2 winner, will be the new sous chef for the women's team this season.

I still think it's a bit too soon after the last season ended to be starting another one, but this has been a pretty lackluster Summer as far as TV goes so it can only help.

Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Jul 24, 2009, 09:01 PM Local time: Jul 24, 2009, 07:01 PM #37 of 52
This new season is great. It's like they gave up trying to find good chefs with a strong personality and just settled for getting as many nutjobs and assholes as possible. The drama potential this season is off the charts! Even JP is starting to yell. It should make for some interesting viewing, especially since...

Spoiler:
ROBERRRRRRRRRRRRRT. What a nice surprise! I hope he manages to stick around til the end again since he's such a fun guy.

I think I like Jim the best since he's casual and has a sense of humor. Well, should be fun to see how this season turns out.

Most amazing jew boots
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2009, 02:27 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2009, 02:27 AM #38 of 52
Too bad it seems like Gordon threw that guy out for Robert too easily. It seemed to be planned and it seemed like they hired that guy for the purpose of getting tossed.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2009, 07:36 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2009, 06:36 AM #39 of 52
Spoiler:
It's not that I don't think Robert deserves another chance, but why bring him back over someone like Ji? She was doing extraordinarily well before she twisted her ankle and had to leave, and I personally think the game would have been drastically different had she been able to stay. Don't get me wrong, Robert did well in his own right, but the writing was already on the wall that he was gonna leave anyway (the only person there worse than him was Andrea in my opinion, and there's definitely no way he could have competed against Danny or Paula), regardless of having to leave for medical reasons. Ji had to leave so early that bringing her back would have almost been like bringing in someone new anyway.

And even more so, why throw someone off the Blue Team (like BZ said, I really think he was just looking for someone to throw out to bring Robert back in) to just end up putting Robert on the Red Team? I mean, the Blue Team did win the dinner service that night, so why was their reward to be a person down and lose the experience someone like Robert would bring? That really made no sense to me.

And yeah, not that anyone was watching this show for great cooking anyway, but they definitely aren't even trying to get anyone with modicum of sanity this season. Everyone ranges from slightly disturbed to fucking insane, so at the least the drama factor will be higher than its ever been this season.

FELIPE NO
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Jul 29, 2009, 08:02 PM Local time: Jul 29, 2009, 06:02 PM #40 of 52
Oh, Joseph. Forever a legend of Hell's Kitchen.

Spoiler:
The injuries this season are really flying, huh. I can't wait until that one grating/slicing incident gets over with, because when I saw it on the previews it made me wince hard.

I don't think Robert's going to last, at the rate he's going at. A shame, really.

Would've been interesting to see Ji again, but she left really early into the season. She may have done well later on, but Robert did prove himself as a competitor and (I guess) a fan-favorite. Nobody really wanted him to have to take himself out of the game, and I guess that's why he's back.

Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2009, 07:18 PM Local time: Aug 1, 2009, 02:18 AM #41 of 52
Jospeph watches too much BET lol

This shit has to be scripted, people leaving and then teams getting balanced by another one blabla. Oh well, high and entertained.

no homo
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2009, 10:10 PM Local time: Aug 15, 2009, 10:10 PM #42 of 52
Ok, I got GREAT news! Just finished season 4, going onto Season 5. Should be caught up by the end of next week.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Aug 15, 2009, 10:31 PM #43 of 52
Spoiler:

The women just can't do anything right, can they? They were putting all the blame on Tenille and Lovely, but now that Lovely is gone and Tenille is surprisingly getting stronger, the rest of them are coming apart. Amanda, who began strong, is coming unraveled. Suzanne has some leadership issues. Tek was one of my early favorites; I never expected her to win but I thought she'd last longer than this. She was completely overwhelmed. Right now, the women's only grace is Ariel who has yet to screw up a service completely on her own. I'm mostly interested in seeing how long Tenille can remain afloat before she's finally tossed out the delivery dock doors. Maybe if she'd been allowed to cook some soul food for the returning Sergeant, she could've pulled herself further out of the fire. Tenille is definitely the most interesting of the women.

The men are looking much better. Andy and Jim are the only weak links, and Jim had the unfortunate luck of being completely bumrushed by strip steak orders. I've worked in a steakhouse, it's very difficult keeping track of the grill during a slam like that. Nothing but experience can guide you through that and Jim just didn't have it. He won't last.
Dave, Kevin and Van are all looking very strong. Robert's getting by but he crows too much advice to other while floundering at his own station. Kevin is looking the strongest, though if he continues to shine by riding the failures of others, it will catch up to him. He needs to succeed by himself. Dave is doing admirably for a guy with one functional arm. It's a valiant effort but it will eventually be his undoing. You can't realistically put someone like that on the meat or fish station, so Dave will be denied the real opportunities to prove himself. Ramsey will get rid of Dave later on but it will be a gentle dismissal. The guy really is fighting. Van has emerged as my favorite just because of his full, over-the-top attitude. He's definitely cocky but history has shown that Ramsey reads this as confidence and rewards it. Unless Van royally messes up, he's final four material along with Kevin and Ariel. Suzanne might squeeze into the last spot, but that's pretty iffy.

The previews showed Robert seeking the paramedics' help once again. That's just tragic since going out on the same note would be the absolute worst way to end his sophomore run at the prize. I don't think the producers will be too keen on letting him compete a third time.

Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Sep 19, 2009, 01:19 AM #44 of 52
An interesting and unintended observation:

Spoiler:
When Hell's Kitchen didn't record this week (the two-hour finale of "Fat Chicks Need Love Too" was on instead) I visited FOX's Hell's Kitchen website to see if perhaps the episode had been or would be aired on a different night. No such luck, it was delayed for the whole week. But while I was there, I noticed that one contestant had been crossed out prematurely. I checked back this morning and the error had been corrected.

If you really don't want to know who it was, don't look. I'm putting it in a double spoiler because some people will complain that I'm ruining the suspense, even though this whole comment is already in a spoiler box and if you're stupid enough to get butthurt after opening a spoiler, I really cannot help you. But I'll do what I can to prevent myself needless facepalming.

Spoiler:
Suzanne was prematurely crossed out.

What I believe happened is that the webmaster was never informed that Hell's Kitchen would be taking a one-week hiatus and went ahead with the update as scheduled. When it was discovered by the higher-ups, it was corrected, but not before enough people noticed, for certain.

Anyhow, if the official site is to be any indicator, we already know who is the next to go. At first, I thought this person would have a small chance at the final four, but they've recently been coming undone. Oh well, I didn't care for them much anyhow.

It's just pretty neat that FOX inadvertantly spoiled its own show.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2009, 05:14 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2009, 04:14 AM #45 of 52
Spoiler:
Pretty interesting if indeed true (and it sounds pretty credible to me). It's not surprising since I really hadn't seen anything indicating it wasn't coming on until the last minute (just happened to notice the fat people show was staying on for two hours when I looking through the guide the night before). The only thing I'm wondering about is how long the website had been like that, since you'd think some reality show site would have caught on to it before it got taken down.

But yeah, I don't know what the happened to Suzanne. She was doing pretty well early on, but now she just seems to be oblivious to every fucking thing. I certainly wouldn't be sad to see her go now, despite really liking her at first. Out of everyone else who's left, the only one I really care about is Ariel, and I think she does have a pretty good chance at winning (she'll at least make the final two for sure).

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2009, 06:04 AM Local time: Sep 24, 2009, 03:04 AM #46 of 52
Spoiler:
That is interesting seeing as how not only was the show prematurely spoiled, but the information isn't right, not even for the the following episode. Suzanne is still with the group, presently down to the final five. Sabrina and Van have been given the axe in that order in last night's double episode run. Although it seems almost certain that she's next to go.

Most amazing jew boots

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2009, 07:11 AM #47 of 52
Spoiler:
I've been surprised by Tenille's consistently strong performance lately. I mean, of all the people to take a leadership role when Ramsay stormed out, did not expect that.

FELIPE NO
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2009, 08:02 PM Local time: Sep 25, 2009, 08:02 PM #48 of 52
Tenille is the most annoying person ever in interviews.

kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2009, 08:14 PM Local time: Sep 25, 2009, 03:14 PM #49 of 52
WHAT'S MY NAAAME?

Teniiiiiiiiiiille!!!!

Eh once in awhile I do smile at her antics, tho.

How ya doing, buddy?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2009, 12:57 AM Local time: Oct 12, 2009, 11:57 PM #50 of 52
Wow, I just saw a commercial saying tomorrow's two hour episode would be the season finale. I have to say I'm a bit surprised, since I don't think they've ever had one with three people still remaining (don't quote me on that though, since I still haven't seen the first few seasons), but on the bright side hopefully we won't have to sit through a lot of the filler (I never really cared to watch them design their own restaurant, so I hope that part gets cut).

Spoiler:
Kevin essentially has this in the bag. He'd have to fuck up royally to end up losing this, but I just can't see that happening. As for who he'll face in the final two, it's kind of a toss up. I think Dave is obviously the better chef (he's certainly screwed up less than Ariel has), but his arm is still a big strike against him. And while Ariel was great in the beginning, in these last few episodes she has definitely taken a downhill turn. She definitely deserves her spot in the final three, but I can't say the same for the final two at this point.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Hell's Kitchen