Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Xubuntu resolution woes

CelticWhisper
We've met before, haven't we?

Member 805

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2007, 09:24 AM Local time: Jun 22, 2007, 08:24 AM #1 of 1
Xubuntu resolution woes

I just set up dual-booting on my laptop last night, and while Xubuntu is working well for the most part, I'm having a bizarre problem with my display modes, which I posted on Ubuntuforums and will post here too.

Originally Posted by Me
I'm running Xubuntu Edgy on an Athlon64 3000+ laptop with a Mobility Radeon 9600 video card.

The problem having is that while my login screen (GDM, I think?) displays at my native resolution of 1280x800, my resolution drops to something lower once I login to my user account. It does display fine before I enter my username and password, so it doesn't sound to me like a driver problem.

Depending on what fixes I've tried, the lower resolution varies. Sometimes it's 1024x768, sometimes it's as low as 640x480.

The fixes I've tried for this are:

-Editing xorg.conf
-The dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg fix

I did use Envy to auto-download and auto-install the ATI driver. While there were some errors displayed during the setup process, the process completed and the system auto-rebooted. I'm sorry, but I do not remember exactly what the errors were when they were shown.

I tried reconfiguring the resolution via the "Display Settings" dialog, but the resolutions go only as high as 1280x768, no 1280x800.

How can I get my resolution to stay consistent at 1280x800 once I get by the login window and into my desktop?

Thank you very much for your help.
I'm also having trouble getting Beryl working, though it works perfectly on my other Xubuntu box, but I'll worry about that later. One thing at a time.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

It is not my custom to go where I am not invited.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Xubuntu resolution woes