Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The Settlers II: The Next Generation

ApOcaLyPSe_1985
Wiivolution

Member 1331

Level 13.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 08:25 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 03:25 PM #1 of 8
The Settlers II: The Next Generation

Yeah, one of the greatest games in the series gets a remake
The official title is "Die Siedler II: Die nächste Generation" which translates to "The Settlers II: The Next Generation". The title could be better though and I really wouldn't mind if it was called 'Veni, Vedi, Vici" again. Oh well.
I hope it will get the attention it deserves. Settlers II was really good in the old days and I hope the remake will reflect that even better... plus it has online play which was missing in S2, but I guess it wasn't that important for games to have back then.

So far the game looks pretty good. It seems they've returned to the old cartoon look which is a good thing. Not that the realistic look from Heritage of Kings was bad but to me it just didn't fit for a Settlers game. The Roman look like we know from S2 has been perfectly remade, but regarding the graphics... is it me or did the level of detail decrease? Not that it matters but it was one of the first thing that catched my eye. A releas

The official website is here but is unfortunately in German for now. I don't think it will take long for a English version to launch. For the ones that can't read it, i've translated the game features. My German skill ain't so bad but could be better, this is the best I could do for you guys

FEATURES:
* A new edition of the original classic from 1996
* A story-based campaign with 10 extensive missions
* 10 Freeplay maps
* 8 Multi-player maps which are also playable in singleplayer mode
* Multi-player option with up to 6 players over LAN and Internet
* Three playable races: Romans, Nubians and Asians
* Road construction is the strategic element
* 31 buildings, 25 occupations and 5 military units available per race
* A total of 31 goods (guess they mean the construction material, foods etc)
* Varied landscape elements: Lava, snow covered mountains, swamps and forests

Discuss

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Fight Nintendo! For everlasting peace!

Last edited by ApOcaLyPSe_1985; Mar 28, 2006 at 08:31 AM.
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 11:00 AM #2 of 8
OH MY GOD!!! I've been looking for this FOREVER(a settlers game, I played a demo of one YEARS AGO and since then I have been trying to find it.) The one I played had to deal with an army, uhm red dudes and a yellow tribe, and some other one..blue dudes(the color of thier respective territories.).

I would be so freaking happy if I could find that game.

This one looks sweet too.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Turbo
*blink*

Member 25

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 12:21 PM #3 of 8
Just a question, is this game based off that settlers board game with the hexagonal tiles? and resources and houses and sticks for roads? I remember playing that in college, and Im wondering how it translates into a game... I'm also not finding any sign of settlers one... Give me a link to it?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Terra
Imp

Member 26

Level 7.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 01:20 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 07:20 PM #4 of 8
Nope, they're remaking this game.

I'm happy to hear this, personally. It was one of my first (and favorite) strategy games back then. Although I'd be happier if they would decide to remake Albion.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
ApOcaLyPSe_1985
Wiivolution

Member 1331

Level 13.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 04:37 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 11:37 PM #5 of 8
Try the original, it seems to be abandonware. You'll love it if your into management/strategy games. Home of the Underdogs only has the cdrip but it shouldn't be that bad to play.
DOSbox or other emulation software won't be necessary, it plays in Windows XP.

Get it here.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Tek2000
NOT AVAILABLE

Member 1641

Level 10.58

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 05:19 PM #6 of 8
Originally Posted by Terra
Nope, they're remaking this game.

I'm happy to hear this, personally. It was one of my first (and favorite) strategy games back then. Although I'd be happier if they would decide to remake Albion.
Albion?!!! AAARRGHHH THAT GAME NO, PLEASE!!! That was a really annoying game. Near the ending it was difficult even when exploiting the infinite gun bullet bug.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
ApOcaLyPSe_1985
Wiivolution

Member 1331

Level 13.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 06:05 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 01:05 PM #7 of 8
I wouldn't mind a remake of Albion. For now I'll just have the Settlers

FELIPE NO

ArmandoPenblade
Wandering Sage

Member 4711

Level 1.34

Apr 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 11:22 AM #8 of 8
God, I played Settlers 2 and 3 religiously for years.

Then I lost my copy of Settlers 3. There are no copies of Settlers 3 on any website that is located in the US (I can't afford worldwide shipping) that's also has the Englsih vers. of the game

It's driving me crazy. . . I've been trying to get this game for ages.

And now the company is gonna love me enough to give me 3d settlers 2?

THANK THE GODS

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
So. . . err. . . how bout them Mets?!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > The Settlers II: The Next Generation