Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] King's Booty - Bountylicious

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2008, 10:42 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2008, 10:42 AM #1 of 12
King's Booty - Bountylicious

I saw this the other day in passing and wondered WHY it isn't ON HERE D:<

Demo (~700MB)

For folks who do not know, Heroes of Might & Magic is a close foil to this. Why is it so? Because HoM&M BASED ITSELF off of this game's first release in 1990. Genesis users will probably remember a King's Bounty game if they reach back far enough, and it is still fun to this day :-D ANYhow. This was released in Russia some time ago, I believe (months? Weeks?) and it is about to hit US shores. I went on to torrent sites hoping to download it ahead of time, but this is under most peoples' radars.

It is quite deep; the Russians creators made an incredible game called Space Rangers which basically had EVERYTHING you could imagine, all done on a budget amounting to almost nill. Thankfully, these guys pulled out some cash and created this beautiful game.

Something funny I learned from reading the SA thread -- you can actually marry and produce babies. Babies = stat buffs. "Sup, son. I only had you because you gave +2 to ranged combat on my archers. Sorry."

Likewise, you can buff gear by fighting "gremlins" or something of the sort that live inside of them.

Note: Battle Lord was the title of this project originally. A Russian developer wanted to make a spiritual sequel, but the creators just went "hay, wanna do an official sequel??? ;0"

Once again, Sept 23rd. You fags better buy it, you hear me?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Sep 19, 2008, 06:33 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2008, 04:33 PM #2 of 12
Wait, same people that did Space Rangers 2? Shit son, sign me up.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2008, 05:22 PM Local time: Sep 23, 2008, 05:22 PM #3 of 12
PC Game of the fucking YEAR. Why aren't you faggots playing this?! Download from Atari's main site or from Gamersgate if you wanna have it directly in your hands. $40 very, very well spent.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2008, 05:29 PM #4 of 12
I'll have to try out the demo later. I loved Heroes III, but that won't work on my newer computer for some reason and I didn't care for some elements they put into V. Considering this looks practically identical to it, it's worth a look.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Newbie1234
Widowmaker

Member 421

Level 18.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2008, 09:42 AM Local time: Sep 28, 2008, 11:42 AM #5 of 12
I've been playing this non-stop for the past couple of days.

It's absolutely made for those fans of the old HoMM games. Great game.

I was speaking idiomatically.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Sep 29, 2008, 04:06 PM Local time: Sep 29, 2008, 02:06 PM #6 of 12
I've been playing the demo as a mage, and I have to say, my army feels like a way to just waste time while I cast spells to take out the enemy army.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2008, 04:10 PM Local time: Sep 29, 2008, 04:10 PM #7 of 12
Later on, units get fucking massive. Still, I'd say hands-down that the magic tree is the best one to venture in to. The warrior tree has a couple perks, and the intermediate one has a couple (turning priests in to inquisitors is kickass for wasting undead, trust me).

Most of the game is a hard grind, though. You'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel at times. Still, as you progress, your castles that you work for will get more men or they will be listed as an unlimited amount ("horde").

FELIPE NO

Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2008, 03:49 PM #8 of 12
I just played the demo last night and I don't even know why I DLed it as I usually don't like the genre (tactical RPGs) but damn, this game is really good. It's so good that I'm sorely tempted to purchase this over Castlevania.

I tried out all three classes and I think I like Warrior the best, followed by Paladin and Mage. Steem is realllly awesome with his poison clouds and that fish attack. Both are incredibly potent. My demo army consists of wolves, priests, archmages, peasants and swordsmen.

Anyone know the price in Canada by any chance?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2008, 07:52 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2008, 07:52 PM #9 of 12
You can download it online for $40.

Also blol <3 Who changed the title ='D Props for it. That or I named it that and entirely forgot.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2008, 12:12 AM #10 of 12
That's a good idea, except I can't download it >_> The website is coming up blank. Sucks to be me I guess. Apparently you can also DL it at Atari's website. Are they good and reliable?

P.S. By the time I figured out what the eggs did, I had already killed everything on the map! I soo wanted to try out my new Gryphons...

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Freelance; Oct 11, 2008 at 12:26 AM.
Sparhawke
Scientific progress goes Boink

Member 338

Level 17.02

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2008, 02:34 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2008, 12:34 AM #11 of 12
Checked out the demo. Sweet. Was a fan of Heroes Might and Magic games. This feels like the direction the sequels should have gone. I showed it to my family so two copies ordered and on the way. My only complaint is lack of multiplayer, but not a big one.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2008, 08:16 AM #12 of 12
OKay I got the game through direct2drive since gamersgate is still showing a blank page. 10% done out of the 2GB DL :D Can't wait to play it.

A battle multiplayer function would be great. Maybe something in a future expansion?

Update: Wooo, the full game is a lot harder than the demo. I played literally all day yesterday. I'm a level 8 Baron now. Stupid me didn't realize you could click on the Spirits' portrait to gain access to the Rage skills until I was pretty far into the game >_> I thought you had to do another quest to gain access to them. My army consists of peasants (although I'm gonna ditch them), inquisitors, archmages, bears/wolves and horsemen although I'm running low on horsemen. I got a wife with three kids and one of them gives +10 defense :D

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Freelance; Oct 12, 2008 at 09:17 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] King's Booty - Bountylicious