Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Carl on Duty: Black Cops - Holy crap a patch

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 18, 2010, 03:23 PM Local time: Nov 18, 2010, 02:23 PM #1 of 56
Fixing (or at least improving) host choices and matchmaking SHOULD fix the latency issues of people actually kicking the bucket more often.

Additional Spam:
Just played for a bit with Omagnus.

Patch improves a LOT. Thank God. Only had one match where there was any lag related BS and it was because someone was very obviously standbying. So colour me surprised at just how quick (and effective) it is. I am pleased.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Nov 18, 2010 at 05:28 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2010, 02:17 AM Local time: Nov 25, 2010, 01:17 AM #2 of 56
Also holy fucking shit, we just had a 31 game winning streak, absolute madness.
Yo dawg, I heard you like dogs so I put a dog in yo dawg so you can woof while you woof

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2010, 04:34 PM Local time: Nov 25, 2010, 03:34 PM #3 of 56
TELL ME WHAT THE NUMBERS MEAN DARAVON
holy christ you can get out of your chair

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:44 PM Local time: Dec 16, 2010, 09:44 PM #4 of 56
These patch notes are hilarious. Some of this hasn't even been implemented. Let's see if I can't clean them up a little bit.

Quote:
Issues Addressed:
* • Resolved several issues with parties getting disbanded unexpectedly.[NOPE]
* • Updated handling for UPnP-enabled routers to improve matchmaking conditions where users had strict or moderate NAT types. Also added in-game communications so that all players are aware of their NAT type in the Player Match party lobby.[YUP]
* • Addressed issue that prevented the “Load MP by Default” option from saving when other specific option combinations were set. [dunno lol]
* • Prevention of exploit that allowed players to keep custom classes and killstreaks after prestige. [dunno lol]
* • Addressed an issue where Flak Jacket Pro would not always protect against ground fires left by Napalm Strikes. [dunno lol]
* • Prevention of users losing their killstreak reward when switching classes at the start of a new round in round-based game modes. [dunno lol]
* • Addressed an issue where the incorrect perks would appear when spectating another player under certain circumstances. [dunno lol]
* • Added round start explosive delay to China Lake grenade launcher to give it the same round start limitations as other explosives.[dunno lol]
* • Contracts will now reset when the player Prestiges. [dunno lol]
* • Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions. [dunno lol]
* • Prevention of Gunship and Chopper Gunner failing to give player full control under rare conditions. [NOPE]
* • Prevention of an issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances. [dunno lol]
* • Additional security measures to enhance detection and banning capabilities. [dunno lol]

Gameplay Tuning:
* • Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.[YUP]
* • Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning protection on top of previous updates.[NOPE]
* • Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users – increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds on concrete material types. [dunno lol]
* • Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.[dunno lol]
* • Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in. [YUP]
* • Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.[NOPE]
* • Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.[NOPE]
Red and green I've confirmed myself, orange I haven't had a chance to yet.

I guess 1/2 should be the going rate for expecting the fix to apply, I guess.

Although I'm glad we're not playing this on PS3, which is apparently a disaster of untold proportions right now.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2010, 03:07 PM Local time: Dec 17, 2010, 02:07 PM #5 of 56
Weird that you`re still having party issues skills, we played some and still have it a bit, but it`s much better overall in terms of people getting dropped randomly. You and russ always seem to have a ton more issues with lag and whatnot than the rest of us though.
I was playing with Russ and the party exploded 4 times in a row there. Perhaps it's safe to assume that's the problem, but the chopper gunner stuff I can absolutely confirm, and while anecdotal at best, some of the other stuff seems mighty fishy.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2010, 07:38 PM Local time: Dec 17, 2010, 06:38 PM #6 of 56
I had it once, but that was some time ago. However, in one of the games me and russ were in last night, an enemy chopper was doing that. You can tell it's broken when it flies pretty much straight up in the air and all irregularly. It basically spazzes out. The guy couldn't shoot us at all because his gun rarely pointed at the actual map.

Also post patch I got a chopper gunner and can confirm the red diamond thing isn't implemented.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2010, 02:00 AM Local time: Dec 23, 2010, 01:00 AM #7 of 56
They mad so bad, son

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Carl on Duty: Black Cops - Holy crap a patch