Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[:plant:] I Guess We Still Play This Kart 8: 16:17 <+BZ> favorite course: Music Park.

Old Jun 27, 2014, 09:14 PM #1 of 557
I would also be down for this. Actually thought it might be tonight but hey if I'm around on Saturday (probably) this should be excellent!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Jun 28, 2014, 01:14 PM #2 of 557
Probably only if you want rumble and a 1 to 1 gamepad to controller experience. If you're comfortable with the Wii Pro Controller and don't care about rumble then just use that. It's Mario Kart.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Jun 29, 2014, 10:03 AM #3 of 557
My favorite part of this recording is how you guys all leave goodbye messages right as SD and Philia show up in the lobby.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Jul 6, 2014, 12:59 AM 3 #4 of 557
That was a great session everybody! I saved the whole thing on my twitch channel.

Over 3 hours of footage!
AcerBanditGFF - Mario Kart 8: Time to Kart it Up! - Twitch
Karting it up with OmagnusPrime, BZ, SuperSonic, and CHz and then a plethora of characters join us on Skype. We're later joined by nuttyturnip, Colonel Skills, and Sousuke in the race for burger supremacy!

Also here's a fun little highlight on Grumble Volcano for OP:
"Does anyone know where shortcut is that opens up on the third lap?"

AcerBanditGFF - Found that shortcut you were looking for, OP. - Twitch
Still got 5th but yes toward the end of this video you'll see how in the third lap you can take a jump with a mushroom over where once stood a tall rocky area. Accidentally got it while spazzing out with a golden mushroom.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Jul 10, 2014, 04:29 PM 3 #5 of 557
And I'm going to attempt to stream at 60FPS. Just got a new Avermedia ExtremeCap U3 that allows me to not only record at that speed but it has such low latency I don't even have to hook it up to a TV. I have a HDMI splitter in the event that I need to do that but I probably won't need it unless I'm playing a PS3 game.

AcerBanditGFF - Mario Kart 8: Testing new device - Twitch

Ignore the Nintendo Network error in that. I'm still messing around with my new router and haven't configured it with the correct ports yet.

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Jul 10, 2014, 07:37 PM #6 of 557
I upload to Twitch at about 2.5MB/s. I should be able to do a lot more than that however I try to keep it reasonable for viewers. It really depends on if Twitch and Verizon FiOS decide not to be assholes to each other that particular evening or not. Usually they play nice but I've had some bad nights where I just stop streaming because of too many dropped frames. However, I just added a nice ASUS router to handle most of the house's Internet. The Verizon router is only there for a VLAN to the ASUS router and for the TV set top boxes. I spent all of last night trying to pass all traffic to the ASUS router and have the Verizon router bridge back to use the Internet. No dice. Verizon somehow fused some shit that you used to be able to have separate for such a bridge. Oh well. A VLAN should hopefully work.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Jul 12, 2014, 06:24 PM 1 #7 of 557
Had a lot of fun, OP. Just about an hour of footage this time. The first 15 minutes were without audio from Skype and the game for some reason so I deleted that. Thankfully people in chat told me about it.

Anyway big thing for this week was Team racing. Pretty fun actually. Gives a new dynamic to the game having to be careful about hitting people on your team or sending out a blue shell if your teammate is in the lead.

AcerBanditGFF - Mario Kart 8: Aw yeah racing time! - Twitch
Running Mario Kart 8 at 60FPS on my new Avermedia ExtremeCap U3. When it runs it runs very well. I have it updated to the latest firmware so I have no idea why exactly it's screwing up every now and then. When it does that I have to unplug the USB3.0 cable to fix it. This isn't acceptable. I'll have to investigate why this is happening.

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:43 PM 1 #8 of 557
I did an incredibly long test stream of Mario Kart 8 tonight to test out my Avermedia U3 device again. Finally got it working really really well.

AcerBanditGFF - Mario Kart 8: Testing capture device again - Twitch

It's got CHz!!!

He asked me to make a highlight of his ghost AI racer that stayed after he left for some reason. I also uploaded two other highlight reals to Youtube as well.

YouTube Video
CHz and I do pretty darn well on Royal Raceway, I tell you what.

YouTube Video
CHz and I get thwompy. That finish! ='D

YouTube Video
Ghost CHz tries his best on Mount Wario. Good job Nintendo Network!

Additional Spam:
Aw heck, let's make a Twitch highlight of races with CHz.

AcerBanditGFF - A wild CHz appears! - Twitch

After a very successful race CHz suddenly joins my session and crushes the competition from there on out.
I manage to do fairly well earning second place often enough to establish GFF supremecy.
Also briefly joining us are mini Hitler and Hank Hill. What fun!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by FatsDomino; Jul 21, 2014 at 11:07 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Jul 22, 2014, 12:16 AM #9 of 557
I was laughing so hard at that CPU's drunk driving I fell off the mountain twice! ='D

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Jul 26, 2014, 06:19 PM 3 #10 of 557
I recorded up until I had to leave for dinner. Feel free to watch if you missed out and/or played Destiny instead like a shmuck.

AcerBanditGFF - Mario Kart 8: Everyone's playing Destiny for some reason - Twitch

Additional Spam:
A lovely highlight that made me laugh:

AcerBanditGFF - I'm sorry, CHz. - Twitch
"No, you're not." "I'm not."

Haha, I felt a bit bad at the time (skip to 55 seconds in to see what I'm talking about here) but sort of didn't too. Either my subconscious did it or I just lost my grip of the L shoulder button while holding the green shell back after a while. I didn't mean to hit CHz and since I didn't mean to do it I'm not sorry that I let go and did. At the same time I may really really have meant to do it too. So...

Last edited by FatsDomino; Jul 26, 2014 at 09:17 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Jul 26, 2014, 09:49 PM 1 #11 of 557
AcerBanditGFF - Awful banana puns - Twitch
Tails wins Royal Raceway with an incredibly well-timed and well-placed banana toss.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Aug 26, 2014, 04:51 PM #12 of 557
i spot f-zero and excite bike

holy hell i don't even nintendo the smashing of other franchises begins i'm not sure i'm ready but i... i...

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Aug 26, 2014, 07:17 PM #13 of 557
That's in pack 3, CHz, which contains Captain Falcon, Samus (Zero Suit when on bikes), and Wiggler - also actual battle mode arenas and of course more neat karts like Samus's gunship and a uniracer.

I was speaking idiomatically.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Aug 26, 2014, 07:24 PM #14 of 557
I like how there are already drawings of Isabelle in a bikesuit.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Aug 26, 2014, 09:12 PM #15 of 557
Yeah, they timed this well so that they could include code for the Yoshi and Shy Guy colors for those that buy both packs. I can't believe I'm pre-ordering DLC but I will be doing this as soon as I can tomorrow.

Confirming this deal is for real. You can see it here:
Official Site - Mario Kart 8 for Wii U - Home

Additional Spam:

The other thought I'm having is about how they found the 4 cups on the Mario Kart 8 disc recently. The Yoshi egg is the only one of the bunch being used right now according to these two DLC packs. The most likely scenario is that these were simply place holder images for spacing an additional 4 cups on screen which is about all that can fit at the cups current size at the moment.

The crazier idea is that they intend to utilize each of these cups found on disc. That means we could potentially have 2 or more packs perhaps tying into other Nintendo franchises to make use of the unused shine sprite, boo, and blue shell cup icons. That could mean DLC packs for the next two years or more depending on how long they want to keep making content for Mario Kart 8. Who knows what else they might expand on for the game if they want people to keep playing it for that long.

But yeah it's more likely those were place holders for just these 4 cups and nothing more. But what if it's not? That'd be something.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by FatsDomino; Aug 26, 2014 at 09:37 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Aug 26, 2014, 09:48 PM #16 of 557
No, the Mercedes DLC is just a free promotion. You get three cars. That's it. The update also makes it so the game remembers your last Kart combination and changes the default selection from "View Highlight" to "Next Race". It also includes some fixes for online stability and other things. It's free. No Mercedes Cup. Just cars and game fixes. And code enabling extra Yoshi and Shy Guy colors for those that preorder both DLC packs.

Additional Spam:
Oh speaking of that update - servers for Mario Kart 8 have a maintenance window for the following tonight/tomorrow morning:

• Europe – 8.50am to 10am
  • UK – 7.50am to 9am
  • USA (EDT) – 2.50am to 4am
  • USA (PDT) – 11.50pm (Tues, August 26) to 1am
  • Japan – 3.50pm to 5pm

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by FatsDomino; Aug 26, 2014 at 09:52 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:06 PM #17 of 557
My bad Daravon. You were sort of on to something. It's not exactly a new cup per say but there is a Mercedes Cup of sorts. It's just an online tournament that uses existing Mario Kart 8 courses in which you can only use the Mercedes cars.

Additional Spam:
The other thing to remember is that Mario Kart 8 will also have Amiibo support as an update in the future. Who the fuck knows what that is going to entail.

Nintendo could be supporting this game for a long time. After DLC pack 2 this game will have 48 tracks total. Another two packs like this and it would be up to 64 tracks. I don't even know what the hell they'd do to top that with Mario Kart 9. Then again with the potential success of these DLC packs and Smash Bros. You never know what the hell they might do with the franchise. It could eventually just turn into Nintendo Kart/Smash Kart. Not sure how that would affect brand recognition or change the game but we've clearly gone past a point of no return. ROB and Miis being in Mario Kart were fairly tame compared to this. Whatever happens here's what I do know - Music Park never ends.

Last edited by FatsDomino; Aug 26, 2014 at 10:24 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Aug 27, 2014, 06:36 AM 1 #18 of 557
Got both DLC packs and decided to show off Black Shy Guy driving something fancy.

YouTube Video

Additional Spam:
Meanwhile on CHz' miiverse...

Last edited by FatsDomino; Aug 27, 2014 at 06:47 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Sep 1, 2014, 01:34 AM 2 #19 of 557
As someone who has had to chump out the past few weeks that sounds pretty chump, Hyde. (buy a wii u whenever)

Gonna just dump this adorable shit here:

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Sep 6, 2014, 05:30 PM #20 of 557
Just had to stop playing. Skills just arrived. Almost full group this week. I think we've had 13 or 14 different people if you count diss attempting to get his Wii U to connect.

Anyway here's the stream recording on hitbox:
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/249758

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Sep 13, 2014, 05:34 PM #21 of 557
CHz misses out on karting and Tails takes his place in wrecking fools. OP gets mad at Skills as usual. Taco joins Dave's bald representation. Another good Saturday of racing!

Today's session:
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/257441

I was speaking idiomatically.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Sep 15, 2014, 04:33 PM #22 of 557
In Mario Kart 8 it's not really a dynasty unless there's a Dave. He'll judge you based on your color of your not-dynasty.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Oct 1, 2014, 08:55 PM #23 of 557
What happens if we all choose Daisy?

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Oct 11, 2014, 05:46 PM #24 of 557
Today's session was pretty short. I forgot to set my mic up properly in Xsplit so I'm muted the entire time. Ah well...

http://www.hitbox.tv/video/284193

How ya doing, buddy?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Old Nov 2, 2014, 03:54 AM 4 #25 of 557
Today's Kart session. OP was the best baby daisy.

http://www.hitbox.tv/video/305074

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Tags
"AHH EAT" - Mo0, "Did you know... waves are a type of fungus." -Qwarky, "Gentry Twin Powers Activate. Form of whatever nutty is doing.", "Get out of my head Tumblr", "Hey; Teddy Grahams!", "I counted to two too fast." - Mo0, "I fell off the fuck" - Mo0, "I got first that one time." - SuperSonic, "I think BZ's my spirit animal now." - Dave, "I'm always nine months pregnant." - Dave, "If dicks tasted like these enchiladas I'd eat dicks every day" - Daravon, "If I can't have fifth place; no one will!" - Daravon, "It came off your butt! I saw it!" - Skills, "It's peanut butter egg time", "My driver's drunk" - Acer, "Please do not hit me with the red shell Daravon oh god damn it", "Pretty sure it's all dick no matter which part you freeze it on." - Tails, "Red team drownin' us in dicks." "YOU'RE the Red Team!", "There is only victory for Cat Peach!" - Tails, "This game and its items." - AcerBandit, "This is not the road." - Daravon, "We are Daisy. We are Legion.", "What am I even being-" - Mo0, "What happened to you Skills?" "YOU SHOT ME THREE TIMES" "Oh right", "You're either racing or you're dead.", 100 Years of Taco, 16:17 <+BZ> favorite course: Music Park., 2007 Miami Dolphins, 2Spooky4Me, 4 out of 6 people asked for this, 5G Internet, Accidental Spooky, ALL GOLD EVERYTHING, Ambient Anger Noises, Angry About Being Accused of Team Killing, Angry About Bodies of Water, Angry About Counting, Angry About Dolphins, Angry About Mount Wario, Angry About Team Killing, awake apnea, Baby Cup, Banatrix, BILL ME LATER, Blue Brigade, Blue Dynasty, Bullet Bill DLC, Bullet Bill Erryday, Bullshit regular Peach, But who was wagon?, Butterscotch DLC, Butterscotch Pudding, CHz is bullshit, Communist Manifesto, Contract Dong, Countably Infinite Gentrys, counting to 2, Cusim Krap, Daravon: Archracist of Gamingforce, DAVE WHY, Dickspin.jpg, Did You Know, DIVORCE GAME, dolphins, Dongforce, ENEMIES EVERYWHERE, Eternally Fifth, Expand Dong, Foreground Anger Noises, Gentron, Get Good DLC, Get Good Season Pass, GET IN THE DOME, GET SPOOKY, Good Talk, Grumble Something, Half Music Park Cup, Ice Cream Epiphany, infectious Gentryism, Infinity Gauntlet of Bullshit Items, inopportune cats, Item Fucking, Konkey Dong, Koopa Cup, Lemony Fresh, Libertarian Kart, Lore, Mad Mad Farm, MadAlert Bracelet, Madic Park, Maditoba, Mario Kart 8 Featuring Peyton Manning, Master Dong, McCarthy Kart, Mennobot, MOO STAGE, Music Park Cup, Music Park Cup Mk II, No One Asked For This, nutty's gonna take you to the Sylvan Learning Center, Oakland Raiders, One Lap Alliance, origin stories, Origin Story, preemptively mad, prehensile folds, pretzels, Red Menace, Red Team = Nerds, Robokart, ROYALTY SON, RULES OF PRINCESS, Shy Guy Cup, so mad, Son of Bitch, SPECIAL DELIVERY, Squizz, Still better than Q, strangling a duck, Sudden Mii Regret, Team Baby Daisy, Team Enemywealth, Team No York, That UK Shit, the best princess, The Fifth Gentry, The Tiny Left Space, The Unattainable Doughnut, THERE ARE 39 OTHER TRACKS, Throbbing Around the World in 80 Days, Toad Apartheid, two heads of setphones, Yoshi Cup

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [:plant:] I Guess We Still Play This Kart 8: 16:17 <+BZ> favorite course: Music Park.