Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] Street Fighter X Mega Man

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Dec 9, 2012, 09:08 AM #1 of 6
Street Fighter X Mega Man

Quote:
In celebration of 25 years of Street Fighter and Mega Man, Capcom will release an all-new crossover 8-bit Mega Man game on the PC December 17, Street Fighter X Mega Man. Street Fighter X Mega Man was announced during the 25th Anniversary finals today and pits the blue bomber up against eight popular Street Fighter characters like Blanka, Ryu, Chun Li, Rose, Dhalsim and Rolento.

Mega Man will have access to eight new weapons in this new adventure, a few of which you can see in the trailer above – our favorite is the holographic panels which Mega Man can use to reflect enemy projectiles. Street Fighter X Mega Man will be a free download on the PC when it launches on December 17; you'll be able to download it through Capcom-Unity.
Source: Street Fighter X Mega Man is a free PC 8-bit crossover, available Dec. 17 | Joystiq

Now from what I've been reading this is a bit misleading. This is a fan-made game which Capcom didn't work on, they're just putting some support behind it.

The trailer from the source is worth watching, it got a few chuckles out of me. I'll definitely be giving this one a try, it's just a little disappointing that Capcom still hasn't made any other plans for a new Mega Man game (not counting the iOS one). Eh, whatever it's free.

How ya doing, buddy?
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Dec 9, 2012, 09:53 AM Local time: Dec 9, 2012, 03:53 PM #2 of 6
Since when is Rolento a popular Street Fighter character?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:33 PM #3 of 6
Yeah, out of those six names given that was the only one I had never heard of.

Most amazing jew boots
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:07 PM Local time: Dec 11, 2012, 06:07 PM #4 of 6
He's in SF Alpha 2 so probably the other Alpha games. Some kind of military police type, does lots of rolling around. A poor man's Vega really.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:17 PM #5 of 6
Street Fighter X Mega Man first impressions:
The 360 controllers do not work well at all on this game, mostly because it automatically uses the joystick. When I'm moving right, I try to jump and it slides instead. It needs to use the D-Pad. Thankfully I still have my Super Joy Box 5 Pro, so I hooked up a Playstation 2 controller with it...and it still tries to use the joystick. Fine, JoyToKey will save the day. So yeah, first off...WE NEED THE ABILITY TO SWITCH TO THE D-PAD!!

Now once I got this game working with the D-Pad, I was getting my ass destroyed. Out of the 3 boss rooms I was able to make it to, I could only defeat one thus far. Some of the boss patterns are crazy, they're flying all over the freakin screen. Yeah, I find this game to be difficult...like Megaman 1 difficult.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] Street Fighter X Mega Man