Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: Which Skyrim are you playing?
The CIRCLE BOX 11 40.74%
THE MASTER RACE 13 48.15%
THE TRIPLE 6 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

[:plant:] TES: Skyrim

Vivi Ornitier
Wark!

Member 5779

Level 2.97

Apr 2006

Old Nov 23, 2011, 01:12 AM #26 of 88
Read that they patched it and added DRM or something similar. Shouldn't be that much of a problem, except with the mods getting nuked. Ah well, they'll make other ones.

(this is why i bought the pc version lolol. MOD THAT SHIT AFTER YOU FINISH THE GAME)
You got a link? I knew they were patching the PC version and the consoles were getting patched after Thanksgiving. But didn't hear anything in regards to DRM crap....

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2011, 01:16 AM Local time: Nov 22, 2011, 11:16 PM 1 #27 of 88
You got a link? I knew they were patching the PC version and the consoles were getting patched after Thanksgiving. But didn't hear anything in regards to DRM crap....
Skyrim Patched… For The Worse | Rock, Paper, Shotgun

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:28 AM Local time: Nov 23, 2011, 06:28 PM #28 of 88
MOD THAT SHIT TO BE ABLE TO FINISH THE GAME
fixed dat for u buddy

How ya doing, buddy?

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:44 AM 1 #29 of 88
If you "finish" an Elder Scrolls game you're doing it wrong

I was speaking idiomatically.
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2011, 11:17 AM #30 of 88
Alright you fuckers! Its been two weeks! What's your stories by NOW?

I got some images! This is my lovely character.

This is MY MAP. 170 hours - 210 locations found, 117 dungeons cleared.

Level 40, skills Sneak/Archery maxed out, working on light armor, pickpocketing, lockpicking, ETC

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Philia; Nov 25, 2011 at 05:56 PM.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2011, 05:16 PM #31 of 88
Not to troll, but what kind of map is that? It looks like someone gave a 5-year-old a picture of a mountain, and a bunch of stickers.

Most amazing jew boots
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2011, 05:35 PM #32 of 88
LOL nathan, its only lined up to see most of the landmarks. Mo0 needs to show you how it is interactive ingame. The map rotates a bit horizontal and vertical and zooms in/out. (LOVE YOUR SIG BTW!)

Okay... as for mini stories I got a few.

*First of all, I'm so wrong about not getting perks after level 50, they called it a softcap because you don't really level up as fast in your skills by that point and it'd become a slog compared to your earlier levels. So obviously I got plenty to spend! (80 points total.)

*With above said, there's an awesome way to buff up your equips to ridiculous levels. This guy summarizes it nicely. I plan to make my bow with this just to be able to one shot dragons as I please!

*There's two named npcs in two dungeons I ran across, and I wanted you guys to be aware that they're Dark Brotherhood quest related. I'm not sure if its okay to kill them or not (don't want to sequence break the quest or w/e) but just watch out for them. I know one of them won't kill you, and the other is pretty weak and isn't someone to worry about.

*Not sure how to level your skills fast enough? Go here. I highly suggest you to JUST PLAY the game naturally though. Get your bearings, gold, equips obviously and fun naturally. This link is recommended for the post lv 50 slog.

*Not sure how to get there? Strafe Jumping is your friend! There's two caves that has a opening with a waterfall but no visible way to get in there but yet somehow looks feasible enough to attempt wall jumping? Its totally doable! One leads to a definite gold vein lol and the other definitely leads into a much better cavern that can be completely missed out on "cleared" status too.

*I've gotten 100k in gold. This part is not hard! Really just tedious in selling to shopkeepers that aren't open all times or only buys a selection or have limited amount of gold but hey, every time you got overloaded with stuff, you do some selling with gear/jewelry/the like while you're storing your stash every time. Just don't forget to save your money before buying them houses and shit.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Philia; Nov 25, 2011 at 09:11 PM.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2011, 08:09 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2011, 02:09 AM #33 of 88
I saw a Youtube on how to make a suit of armour giving you 0% destruction casting cost which is by all accounts a bit of a gamebreaker but not as bad as 100% Chaemeleon in Oblivion I'll wager. There are a ton of vids up on how to level quickly too which seems to me to really be missing the point of a game like this.

The more I hear about the game, the more tempted I am to buy it t be honest.

How ya doing, buddy?
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2011, 11:02 PM #34 of 88
The more I hear about the game, the more tempted I am to buy it t be honest.
Same here. Even though my computer couldn't possibly handle this game (since it didn't handle Oblivion very well) and therefore I can't use mods in the 360 version, I still get excited every time I see videos of battle sequences or rooms piles of loot everywhere.

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2011, 11:11 PM #35 of 88
Odds are if your system can run Oblivion at all Skyrim will run fine, or probably better than Oblivion actually. From what I've heard it's generally better-coded.

If you can run Oblivion, you can run Skyrim. 5 years notwithstanding, they both had to be designed to fit within the memory constraints of the (now long-in-the-tooth) current console gen.

(If you just prefer to play sandbox RPGs with a controller, more power to you I suppose. You monster.)

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Maris
pussy violat0r

Member 25507

Level 19.75

Oct 2007

Old Nov 26, 2011, 07:11 AM Local time: Nov 26, 2011, 02:11 PM #36 of 88
I buyed this game on the flee market yesterday for 399 rubles I ask myself now if it`is legit...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2011, 07:44 AM Local time: Nov 26, 2011, 05:44 AM 2 #37 of 88
So far I'm...

Spoiler:
..And I'm off destroying the Dark Brotherhood! Now how will I destroy the Thieves' guild..

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2011, 08:23 AM #38 of 88
Odds are if your system can run Oblivion at all Skyrim will run fine, or probably better than Oblivion actually. From what I've heard it's generally better-coded.

If you can run Oblivion, you can run Skyrim. 5 years notwithstanding, they both had to be designed to fit within the memory constraints of the (now long-in-the-tooth) current console gen.

(If you just prefer to play sandbox RPGs with a controller, more power to you I suppose. You monster.)
Let me put it another way: my computer doesn't handle anything well anymore, whether it's Unreal Tournament, Titan Quest, Minecraft, Portal 2, Left 4 Dead, Sid Meier's Railroads, Pro Evolution Soccer 2011; all these games (and others) feature frequent and long bouts of slowdowns (usually every couple of minutes for about a minute). Yeah, I can lower the resolution and lower the graphics settings, but for how much work and money I put into this system five or so years ago at some point it feels like my system is ten years old. I really don't know how to resolve it without building a new system.

How ya doing, buddy?
Vivi Ornitier
Wark!

Member 5779

Level 2.97

Apr 2006

Old Nov 26, 2011, 01:00 PM #39 of 88
So far I'm...

[img]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/612717558252506343/D5C5BCC29D45649E14E26162B4C40612E984FD5C/[img]
That armor is bad ass! I haven't been on it as much as you guys....

Still lvl 18? and yeh i'm not even going to bring up my goods....need to sell more soul to skyrim I think.

FELIPE NO
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Nov 26, 2011, 08:04 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2011, 06:04 PM 3 #40 of 88
Not sure what it is about this Elder Scrolls game specifically but I am 51 hours in and have only done 4 quests involved in the main story. I've spent much of my time burglarizing every home and shop in every city I come across.

neus
You're getting slower!

Member 512

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2011, 04:23 PM #41 of 88
Stealth/archery here also.
Protip for ya'll beggars: if you finish the Thieves Guild quest line, the main fence, Tamilia, has 4000 gold inventory. This is surprisingly handy, as beside buying anything stolen, she buys anything in general.

My best story so far: was drunk on Saturday, and spent the entire night following my fox-bro. He led me to a bandit camp, two bunches of elks and finally to a Dragon Priest dungeon. I want foxes as pets. Best Skyrim bro ever.

How ya doing, buddy?
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2011, 02:37 AM Local time: Nov 29, 2011, 12:37 AM #42 of 88
Stealth/archery here also.
Protip for ya'll beggars: if you finish the Thieves Guild quest line, the main fence, Tamilia, has 4000 gold inventory. This is surprisingly handy, as beside buying anything stolen, she buys anything in general.
Thank god. According to my stats I've stolen 33,000 objects, so that's REALLY handy for me.

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:53 PM #43 of 88
This 1.2 patch breaks all resistances. Isn't that nice. Be wary you guys.

Quote:
Yep, noticed this today. I have some Legendary Daedric double enchanted armor so I have over 50% resistance in every element. Today as I played a slightly higher level Conjurer owned me with a couple of fireballs.
And this.

YouTube Video

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Philia; Nov 30, 2011 at 12:55 PM.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Nov 30, 2011, 03:49 PM Local time: Nov 30, 2011, 01:49 PM #44 of 88
Man, just figured out secret to mega $$$.

You need the daedric artifact star thing that is essentially a reusable soul gem. Use the capture soul spell to get one high-level soul into it. Then, buy/find a weapon with the ability to autocast capture soul on your weapon. Go to the enchanting table, dechant the weapon you found for the ability from that weapon you got earlier (I suck at remembering these names) get your weapon of choice (mine was a fine glass bow), and enchant it using the biggest soul gem/that artifact you can. Set it so the spell only lasts for 1 second after hitting the enemy, and you should be able to get something like 600 casts out of a fully charged weapon. This way, whenever you kill an enemy, they'll have the spell cast on them (how often does something else kill an enemy?), and you'll be able to capture their soul.

Now go out hunting with all of those petty soul gems you've been collecting all game.

I got my enchanting up to around level 50 from level 20 just by doing three normal dungeons. Weapons seem to get the best bonus to money from enchantments (though expensive armors work great, too). Try dechanting a bunch of various things to see what gives the best value for putting it onto other items. I found health leech tends to be worth the most, unless you've got a really big soul gem in which case Banish or Stamina damage take over.

I think I'm going to try and find that shrine that gives a boost to warrior skills so I can boost smithing with the MASSIVE stockpile of leather I've built up so far.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2011, 05:32 PM #45 of 88
Or just go to Lover's Stone. Its in Reach. 15% increase learning in all skills.

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Nov 30, 2011, 05:37 PM Local time: Nov 30, 2011, 03:37 PM #46 of 88
Oh, nice, hadn't found that one yet! I've been using the Lady Stone for the nice bump to 25% health and stamina regen.

Debating now if I want to bother giving up werewolf so I can get rested bonuses. It's so nice being able to run really fast, plus I imagine it'll be nice for situations where I can't snipe my way out. Then again, I'm usually pretty good at taking out almost everyone from a distance...

How ya doing, buddy?
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:53 PM Local time: Nov 30, 2011, 08:53 PM #47 of 88
Man, just figured out secret to mega $$$.

You need the daedric artifact star thing that is essentially a reusable soul gem.
Man, the Azura's star quest is very awesome. Although only 3 daedra hearts. But yeah, if you want your enchantment levels soaring fast, you basically need the star.

Most amazing jew boots
Barraza
Wark!

Member 38718

Level 1.47

Dec 2011

Old Dec 1, 2011, 01:28 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2011, 11:28 PM #48 of 88
The problem with games like this is that no matter how much I try not to do it, I always try to figure out a way to create the "perfect" character, or how to best play the game. It's not at all conducive to the spirit of the game, obviously. I restarted New Vegas about fourteen times before I finally settled into the type of character I used to complete the game, for instance.

I'm an Imperial and I'm only at Level 6. =(

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2011, 11:28 AM #49 of 88
The problem with games like this is that no matter how much I try not to do it, I always try to figure out a way to create the "perfect" character, or how to best play the game. It's not at all conducive to the spirit of the game, obviously. I restarted New Vegas about fourteen times before I finally settled into the type of character I used to complete the game, for instance.

I'm an Imperial and I'm only at Level 6. =(
I was like this in Oblivion but once I narrowed down on my tastes (stealth/thievery), I created the archetype accordingly and it worked out pretty well. When in doubt just go with archetypes. They should work for most part in TES games.

With this said though, apparently, best character for DPS is an Orc, while Bretons offer a nice magic resistance. I don't regret my Khajiit character at all, if anything she's the most appealing to look at lol, except dat neck.

But yeah after a while and fighting those dragons, I begin to wish for some decent magic resistance because it can get silly.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Dec 1, 2011, 01:57 PM Local time: Dec 1, 2011, 11:57 AM #50 of 88
Just turned all of my pelts into leather and made about over a hundred sets of leather bracers. My smithing skill went from about 40 to 68. I think I've got something like six character levels still stored that I need to apply my heath/stamina/magic choice. Plus 20 skill points to spend.

Also, just found out that recharging weapons boosts your enchant skill. I had let my bow get down to about 1/4 power left, used Azura's Star on it, and it was refilled along with an easy level up. Then just killed one more random bandit to refill the star.

Totally wish I had actually read up on how enchanting works a bit earlier in the game.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [:plant:] TES: Skyrim