Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Games that "ABSOLUTELY" deserve a remake or sequel.

Tankalex_Storm
Master Swordsman

Member 11438

Level 6.95

Aug 2006

Old Jul 8, 2009, 10:29 PM Local time: Jul 8, 2009, 08:29 PM #51 of 112
Am I the only one that wants this epic story to be completed?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Malmer
From Shambler with Love

Member 168

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2009, 02:27 AM Local time: Jul 9, 2009, 09:27 AM #52 of 112
Quake 1.

Remake or sequel set in the same universe.
- It needs to be dark.
- It needs to be gritty, not shiny and plasticy.
- It needs the Shambler.

I'm thinking about putting an old machine together with the first Creative 3D Blaster to get vQuake running. If I remember correctly, I was pretty fond of that specific version.

Oh, and Cannon Fodder. A Wii/DS port with updated sprites/sharp 3D should work well on either system.

EDIT: I would also love the Baldur's Gate and/or Icewind Dale series to make a return. Top-down view preferably.
I don't mind 3D, as long as it doesn't become like the Neverwinter games. For some reason those never really hooked me.
Maybe it's because Black Isle Studios are dead. DEAD.

Obsidian, do you hear my cries?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2009, 06:08 AM #53 of 112
Dragon Force and Guardian Heroes. Heck, I'd settle for a X-Box Live port.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Shining Force III remake even if only so we can get the entire story in english.

I was speaking idiomatically.

"Out thought and out fought."
orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2009, 12:44 PM #54 of 112
Going off of memory, he gives a tutorial on one of the arcade games in Little Fungitown. It's very subtle, but it is him, as the credits thank Square-Enix for allowing his likeness in the game.
Yep, that's exactly it. Not really anything of substance, but still nice for the oldschool fans.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Lord Jaroh
It's all about being a Newbie

Member 2072

Level 13.42

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2009, 02:30 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2009, 02:30 PM 1 #55 of 112
I second the Final Fantasy Tactics nod and the Actraiser nod.

I would also like to see a Cadash sequel or remake, Heavy Unit as well, a remake of the early Armored Cores in the new engine would be mighty. Gauntlet needs to hurry up and come out again. A remake or sequel in the same vein as Desert Strike would be mighty. A WeaponLord remake would be great.

I would like to see a Baldur's Gate III, a Freelancer II, a Titan Quest II, a NoX II...dammit, there are so many games of the past that we will never see show up again. Sigh...

FELIPE NO
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2009, 03:17 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2009, 02:17 PM #56 of 112
Dragon Force and Guardian Heroes. Heck, I'd settle for a X-Box Live port.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Shining Force III remake even if only so we can get the entire story in english.
Dragon Force made by the original team. The actual Dragon Force II is pretty bad. Also, there is a current translation of SF III being done. It's coming along nicely, if a bit slow.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Firefly
Shadow Company

Member 720

Level 20.05

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2009, 05:15 PM #57 of 112
Apparently one of FASA's ex-cofounders - and a co-creator of the BattleTech franchise - decided a reboot is in order; feel free to check out this Q&A article.
I'll agree with Einhander, Rival Schools, and Jet Set/Grind Radio... and add Shadowrun. As I've said previously, with that much lore to play with, simply spitting out what was basically 'Counter-Strike with cybertech and magecraft' just doesn't pass muster. No, a proper current-gen Shadowrun would work along the lines of Mass Effect or Alpha Protocol.
Oh, and since Zergrinch brought up X-COM, I'm going to have to toss Syndicate into the hat. Anyone else remember how much fun Syndicate Wars - Bullfrog's last great hurrah before EA bought them up - was?
Lastly, Battlezone. No, not the arcade game - I'm talking about Activision's '98 (I think) first-person RTS which had as high concept 'Cold War gone hot in space'.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
EpicNotion
Banned

Member 33988

Level 2.25

Jul 2009

Old Jul 9, 2009, 06:06 PM #58 of 112
Dragon Force made by the original team. The actual Dragon Force II is pretty bad. Also, there is a current translation of SF III being done. It's coming along nicely, if a bit slow.
Really? Do you have a link to what progress has happened so far? I felt Shining Force 3 had potential to be even better storywise as a SRPG then FFT but missing 2 out of 3 scenario's sucked.

How ya doing, buddy?
Araes
Plush

Member 11574

Level 19.87

Aug 2006

Old Jul 9, 2009, 07:56 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2009, 07:56 PM #59 of 112
Really? Do you have a link to what progress has happened so far?
Is it really that hard?

wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2009, 08:44 PM #60 of 112
Or you can just go to Romhacking.net, since it's useful in general.

It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
EpicNotion
Banned

Member 33988

Level 2.25

Jul 2009

Old Jul 9, 2009, 11:59 PM #61 of 112
Putting google links in snarky replies, how trendy. And as I thought, it wasn't any progress than what I had already seen. I thought perhaps a different team had advanced it.

On the downside I don't see a game like this being remade in anyway. Todays gaming audience wouldn't allow it to be profitable.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2009, 12:11 AM Local time: Jul 9, 2009, 10:11 PM #62 of 112
Putting google links in snarky replies, how trendy.
SERIOUSLY! What a DICK, that guy. He should have done what all the cool kids are doing and did the search for you.

value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2009, 12:13 AM #63 of 112
Putting google links in snarky replies, how trendy.
Expecting other people to do your googling for you, how lazy.

fuck, Paco beat me to it

FELIPE NO
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2009, 01:14 AM Local time: Jul 10, 2009, 12:14 AM #64 of 112
The shining force forums at moogie's exceptional shining force site have picked up the ball and ran with it. They're doing good work so far.

Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again, a proper shadowrun tactics game would go sickhouse on your asses.

Most amazing jew boots

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2009, 01:43 AM Local time: Jul 9, 2009, 11:43 PM #65 of 112
Refering to a picture without naming the game tends to alienate people who browse with images turned off.

It also tends to make you look like an idiot when the image link is broken.

Just saying.

I don't know what you're talking about. It clearly says that I want Demon's Crest remade. It even has the box art to prove it!

I too would like to see the Legacy of Kain series finished. And if possible, remake Blood Omen. The first one.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sparkster
Furfag

Member 11874

Level 8.06

Aug 2006

Old Jul 12, 2009, 01:41 PM #66 of 112
My nickname explains it all.

Most amazing jew boots
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2009, 01:42 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2009, 11:42 AM #67 of 112
No, it really doesn't. Make haste with the explanation or it's off to Banland with you.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2009, 06:39 AM Local time: Jul 13, 2009, 12:39 PM #68 of 112
I still play both Enemy Unknown and Terror From The Deep from time to time so a modern sequel, sticking to turn-based instead of the semi-real-time car crash that did come out a while back would be awesome. I'd also love to see another Cannon Fodder, that game was awesome. I was hoping it might get a release on XBLA after Sensible World of Soccer came out but no news yet. Likewise, I'd like to see a re-release of Gods on XBLA or something and the decent Amiga version rather than the crappy SNES version. In fact there are a ton of decent Amiga games I'd buy on XBLA, not having an Amiga anymore. Megalomania, The Chaos Engine, Magic Pockets for starters, James Pond too!

Firefly
Shadow Company

Member 720

Level 20.05

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2009, 10:34 AM #69 of 112
I think Mobile Suit Gundam: Zeonic Front deserves to be on this list as well. This particular entry in the franchise is distinguished not only by its perspective, but for the fact of its gameplay being similar to early Rainbow Six titles; some footage can be had here.
A hypothetical reboot might be best undertaken in cooperation with Ubisoft's R6 dev tem (if it's going to be 'Rainbow Six with mobile suits', you might as well work with the experts) and have an option for cooperative play.

White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2009, 12:22 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2009, 06:22 PM #70 of 112
Rainbow 6 with Mobile Suits? When I think of Gundam, sneaking around and busting up terrorists with window breaches and flashbangs isn't exactly what first comes to mind!

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jul 16, 2009, 12:48 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2009, 05:48 PM #71 of 112
Squad-based tactical giant robot action sounds strangely appealing.

FELIPE NO
Chen
Posting in the speed of sound!

Member 33479

Level 4.40

Apr 2009

Old Jul 17, 2009, 05:28 PM #72 of 112

Seriously.
And i'm not talking about that shitty 3d alpha they made.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2009, 07:20 AM Local time: Jul 19, 2009, 10:50 PM 2 #73 of 112

Give this game online and a stage creator and you would have the best game released on any current system.

One of the only games on the N64 that isn't aged as fuck and the best game Rare ever made. As much as I'd really like to see a sequel/remake to this game, I couldn't trust the current Rare to do it justice.

How ya doing, buddy?
Yushiro
Able Squad, More Like Awesome Squad

Member 4745

Level 10.03

Apr 2006

Old Jul 23, 2009, 02:42 PM 1 #74 of 112

Basewars: I'm pretty sure this was the first and only fun baseball game ever in the history of video games. Konami needs to remake this fucking game now and maybe even do it with other sports. Wouldn't be a bad way to edge into EA's horrible sports game monopoly.

Treasures of the Deep: A very underappreciated and underrated, but completely awesome game. It deserves a sequel badly (though I can already see Bamco milking the DLC on this one, 300pt. paint jobs anyone?). Oddly enough, it's the only good game Black Ops ever made.

Colony Wars: True, it had two crappy sequels, but the original had some of the best production values I've still ever seen in a game. The James Earl Jones-esque narrator, the very in-depth menus, stats, and background info and really awesome graphics for the early PS1 years were way ahead of its time. A faithful remake of the original would absolutely kill on this gen of consoles, though some extra content wouldn't hurt.

Tetrisphere: This was my favorite puzzle game of all time, and I'm still shocked they never went further with it. Sequel, DS port, Wiimake; I don't care, anything will do; just bring this damn game back to life, Nintendo!

Deus Ex: So far, one of the greatest games of all time has only gotten one decent, but very misguided sequel. I'm well aware Deus Ex 3 is finally being made, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna suck, so I'm still putting this on here for hopes of an excellent sequel, or at least remake, down the line.

Also, awesome call on Uniracers, Novax.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Malmer
From Shambler with Love

Member 168

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Jul 23, 2009, 03:09 PM Local time: Jul 23, 2009, 10:09 PM #75 of 112

Give this game online and a stage creator and you would have the best game released on any current system.
I'm thinking that'd be like Line Rider, but with a lot more color.
I believe I rented that once, or maybe I just read a lot about it. Wasn't it supposed to be a Sonic-killer or something? It had a good sense of speed.

Speaking of speed, yeah, I could beat another Jazz Jack Rabbit.

In this almost, but not quite, entirely unrelated post: I'm actually enjoying XGRA a whole lot at this point, reminds me of the first two... =S

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Games that "ABSOLUTELY" deserve a remake or sequel.