Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] BatManhunt: Arkham Asylum

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2009, 04:36 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2009, 02:36 PM #26 of 141
Gotta thank Hantei for this.

I got mine for yeah, 38 bucks. Will play later though after a run from Wolfenstein.

How ya doing, buddy?
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2009, 05:23 PM #27 of 141
I've been playing this for the last several hours and it hasn't disappointed yet. Half of the time I don't even notice the music playing, but there are some good tracks in there. The boss battles are intense and Mark Hamill is friggin hilarious. The detective puzzles are neat and there were a few times where I scratched my head trying to figure out certain things. One small thing I noticed is the intro began to stutter and skip at certain points for the first minute, but after that I haven't had any problems since.

There are some really freaky parts in this game that made me go "WTF". I'm sure if any of you play it, you'll see eventually.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2009, 08:30 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2009, 06:30 PM #28 of 141
This game is fucking awesome. That's all.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2009, 09:01 PM #29 of 141
Game is fancy as hell. Almost looks like I'm watching very detailed action figures move around and the voices just feel like I'm watching a darker version of the animated series.
In the back of the ps3 cover it says that it has trailers and behind the scenes but I have yet to see that in the menu. Not sure if it means after beating the game or only the limited edition although I wouldn't know why it would say that when it doesn't specify I'm just assuming it's in the disc.
Haven't tried the challenges or joker challenge, dont plan to untill I beat or feel more accustomed to the game.

I was speaking idiomatically.

New Record!
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2009, 09:08 PM #30 of 141
In the back of the ps3 cover it says that it has trailers and behind the scenes but I have yet to see that in the menu.
On your PS3 main menu where you usually go to Game for Arkham Asylum, go to Video. The movies were there for me.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2009, 09:18 PM #31 of 141
On your PS3 main menu where you usually go to Game for Arkham Asylum, go to Video. The movies were there for me.
That's a new one. It's like each ps3 game has a different requirement for certain things. I'll check it out later, thanks.

FELIPE NO

New Record!
gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old Aug 26, 2009, 04:16 PM #32 of 141
For those who have played the game:
Does the game music have any Dark Knight/Batman Begins elements in it or is it completely different music style? And have anybody ripped the game music?

Most amazing jew boots
Thanks to Fjordor for the funny image!
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Aug 26, 2009, 08:44 PM #33 of 141
The music is very Dark Knight-ish. Sometimes it feels like the movie trailer music is going to start.

Most amazing jew boots

New Record!
Jessykins

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2009, 03:15 AM Local time: Aug 27, 2009, 01:15 AM #34 of 141
Holy fucking shit, those mother fuckers.

Spoiler:
The third time you face the Scarecrow, fuck. I thought my 360 was RRODing on me at first. If you're reading this and haven't gotten there, just wait and see. It's a fucking trip.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2009, 07:30 AM Local time: Aug 27, 2009, 07:30 AM #35 of 141
For those who have played the game:
Does the game music have any Dark Knight/Batman Begins elements in it or is it completely different music style? And have anybody ripped the game music?
It's a darker version of the animated series (which is saying a lot). Those silly movies aren't involved in this at all, thank god

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2009, 07:47 AM Local time: Aug 27, 2009, 01:47 PM #36 of 141
Those silly movies aren't involved in this at all, thank god
Behave, the music from the first movie was the best thing about Lego Batman.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2009, 11:38 AM #37 of 141
Holy fucking shit, those mother fuckers.

Spoiler:
The third time you face the Scarecrow, fuck. I thought my 360 was RRODing on me at first. If you're reading this and haven't gotten there, just wait and see. It's a fucking trip.
Spoiler:
I got to that part last night and I thought my PS3 was dying. I kept screaming "NO!" and then the intro started playing again. I thought the game had reset...then I saw the differences. "Mother fucker...they pulled a Hideo on us. Scarecrow is friggin Psycho Mantis!!"

I finished the game last night and I must say that was one of the better games I've played this year. The last boss was a little disappointing, but Arkham Asylum is a damn good game. Now I'm going to go back and collect stuff for it because it is that awesome.

Most amazing jew boots
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2009, 10:46 AM #38 of 141
I just beat the game and I loved every second of it. Well maybe the last fight could have been more epic but overall it was pretty much the only single player game this year where I actually felt the need to play it.
I got over 75% of the Riddler trophies in the first playthrough and now that I can roam free in arkahm the rest shouldn't be too hard. I also heard the challanges were forgettable but I'll still try them for the sake of a few trophies here and there.

Also after the ending credits.
Spoiler:
I heard there were different villains that reached out of the water to grab the Titan. I got the Killer Croc hand

New Record!
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2009, 05:36 AM Local time: Aug 31, 2009, 03:36 AM #39 of 141
It's a darker version of the animated series (which is saying a lot). Those silly movies aren't involved in this at all, thank god
Exactly. This is the 90's animated Batman put into a game. It's awesome as fuck beyond words. Atmosphere's darker as well and I want it that way. Props to Scarecrow sequences too; well done.

FELIPE NO
Jessykins

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2009, 04:06 AM Local time: Sep 1, 2009, 02:06 AM 1 #40 of 141
I swear I never hated those stun baton guys more than I do during the combat challenges. THEY FUCKING RUIN EVERYTHING.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2009, 01:16 AM Local time: Sep 7, 2009, 10:16 PM #41 of 141
Nominating Shock and Awe (Extreme) for most infuriating, controller-breakingest level of forever.

I just got 100% on this game and that level's medals were the only thing keeping it from me for about an hour and a half. Thank God for triple batarangs.

How ya doing, buddy?
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2009, 09:13 AM #42 of 141
oh gawd I hardly got one medal on that level, I thought getting 100% would be pretty easy for the challenges but it is indeed frustrating with those fucking stun things.
Also just heard there will be some DLC for the game on the 17th, not sure what it might be. Probably the joker for the xbox or the scarecrow pack in the stores. I'm hoping it's something completely new since I already have those.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

New Record!
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2009, 02:54 PM Local time: Sep 8, 2009, 11:54 AM #43 of 141
Actually, the stun baton guys weren't the bad part. The restricting timer is what will mess you up the most on that level if you don't make sure to do lots of takedowns or throwing them off the edge. The triple batarang and extended batarang daze upgrades are pretty much essential to get enough of them on the ground while you focus on taking out the others. Even with those, though, I still finished with only a few seconds to spare on each round, often times relying on the last couple of seconds that it takes for the floor to actually kill you. Definitely the hardest challenge room in the game. Rumble in the Jungle (Extreme) only took me a couple of tries, but you do get lots of extra points for beating Titans and smacking thugs while riding on their backs.

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2009, 02:57 PM #44 of 141
Still can't get the combo system down very well. Any suggestions?

Most amazing jew boots
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2009, 03:20 PM Local time: Sep 8, 2009, 12:20 PM #45 of 141
What are you having trouble with? Countering? Just finding something to hit? If it's countering, all I can say is to be aware of everyone around you. If you see someone running at you, expect him to attack. Even on hard mode, which takes away the Spider-Sense lines, it's pretty easy to anticipate when someone's about to attack you. Also, try to avoid Ground Pounding someone with enemies really close, as you can't counter until the animation is finished, and they'll likely kick you in the face and ruin your combo.

Another thing to keep in mind is that no matter how far away an enemy is, as long as you aim the left stick at them, you'll always fly across the screen to attack them. Very useful for takedowns and throws.

You may also want to practice jumping over enemies. Your combo stays active while you jump or throw batarangs or use the batclaw. For the challenge rooms, I've found that it helps a lot to batclaw the last guy, jump over him and then finish him with a Ground Pound, as you get lots of extra points for those. Tremendously useful for going after medals.

EDIT: One more thing about batarangs/batclaw. When you use either one, you have to do something else before you use it again. Using it twice in a row will end your combo.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jessykins

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2009, 05:22 PM Local time: Sep 8, 2009, 03:22 PM #46 of 141
Still can't get the combo system down very well. Any suggestions?
Get a good idea of how the rhythm of a fight goes, as well. You'll begin to realize it's not just about going in and pressing buttons but knowing who to press them on and when. Keep in mind that combos will continue despite using the stun or dodging around/over people, so long as you keep up a good rhythm and know who you want your next target to be.

If someone seems close enough to hit you, they probably are going to. If you're in a quick takedown animation and there's some dude standing right next to you, be prepared to counter when the animation finishes. Don't just get up swinging.

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2009, 05:57 PM Local time: Sep 8, 2009, 03:57 PM #47 of 141
Sometimes when you hit the counter button the meter disappears or starts again at 1. In that case, try jumping around enemies.

FELIPE NO
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2009, 07:08 AM #48 of 141
I actually found that batman has some major range. I got the 40 combo trophy by going all around a room. When I hit one guy on the left, I immediately go to the farthest enemy on the right so that all the enemies will keep moving and not crowd up on me.
When you're in the middle of a combo, don't be afraid to aim a punch to an enemy all the way across a room. Batman leaps at them like a mad man. Doesn't work all the time, you actually need to get your rhythm down to perfect this certain technique.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

New Record!
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2009, 07:46 AM Local time: Sep 9, 2009, 07:46 AM #49 of 141
I wish they used the L3 or R3 buttons for throw or instant take-down. Hitting those two buttons feels clumsy to me, since I always need to mind the counter button, just in case

Also, how the hell do you get high points on the challenge modes involving fights? I got perfect dark knight on a couple and still only got 6-7k. Do I need to chain throws and shit? I avoid those because they leave you open like nobody's business :x

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2009, 07:58 AM #50 of 141
When you're in the middle of a combo, don't be afraid to aim a punch to an enemy all the way across a room. Batman leaps at them like a mad man. Doesn't work all the time, you actually need to get your rhythm down to perfect this certain technique.
This is basically my problem.

I'll be doing a combo and the next thing you know Batman bitch-kicks some dude from across the map in the face... but it only happens when I don't want it to and it always kills the combo I'm trying to achieve. I can't seem to get higher than 10x.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] BatManhunt: Arkham Asylum