Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] General MINOR gaming related news, rumours and things of not-thread-worthy nature

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2009, 02:10 PM #76 of 385
Speaking of Fallout, has the Pitt DLC ever been fully fixed? Last I heard it was still kind of glitchy even though they put it back up on the marketplace for download. I'd really like to give it a go, but it had some pretty nasty issues before.

How ya doing, buddy?
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2009, 03:22 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2009, 01:22 PM #77 of 385
Joke's on them, Vegas is already a nuclear wasteland.

I always did want a New Reno-ish city in Fallout 3. I was pretty disappointed that there wasn't. Hopefully this will be similar.

How ya doing, buddy?
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2009, 06:56 PM 1 #78 of 385
Actually, I'd say that this caters more to the Fallout 1 and 2 fans.
If you think anybody is going to bother catering anything to the mongoloids at NMA you have another think coming.

Obsidian is a real studio that exists in reality and, like Bethesda, they will produce an actual game that actual people will actually buy. If anybody's expecting a FO2 expansion pack just because Avellone's involved I feel deeply, deeply sorry.

Will it have a different feel than the Bethesda game? Of course. Will it be "a return to the old school"? Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, hahahahaha, hahahahahahaha, no.

I'm pretty excited about this myself but that's because I love Fallout and I trust Obsidian, not because of some hallucinatory idea of it being a throwback.

(If nothing else, Obsidian will probably hire more than three VAs)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Araes
Plush

Member 11574

Level 19.87

Aug 2006

Old Apr 20, 2009, 07:49 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2009, 07:49 PM #79 of 385
(If nothing else, Obsidian will probably hire more than three VAs)
It would be interesting to see what the profit margins have been like for Obsidian on projects like this, as they've basically been their bread and butter since the Black Isle days, so you'd think something has to be working. They tend to have a reputation for getting good content creators, but I would think that might almost bite them more with the escalation of next gen graphics. Maybe they make it up with not having to dive into the nuts and bolts of game creation as often. Then again, quite a few companies have moved over to wholly purchased engine development, so really it would be more the tradeoff off of existing franchises / user bases with licensing fees.

Also, if were to be some Avellone driven project, I would much rather see Fallout:Torment. Need another million word count novel hidden in a game.

FELIPE NO
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:00 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2009, 03:00 PM #80 of 385
While the announcement of a new game is pretty sweet, when the hell is the Broken Steel DLC supposed to be released?
Seems someone heard you Garr, and you now have your answer to that question: May 5th.

Quote:
So, you've taken part in Operation Anchorage and visited The Pitt and you're still hungry for more Fallout 3 content? Luckily you don't have too much longer to wait for Broken Steel, the third -- and largest -- piece of downloadable content for the game, which will be made available on Xbox Live and PC on May 5.

Not only does Broken Steel add a new main quest line which, at four to five hours, is longer than The Pitt, but it also removes a lot of Fallout 3 fans' major qualms with the game -- the ending. Broken Steel takes place after the original ending of the game, allowing you to continue to explore the world after the main quest line is complete. It also increases the level cap from 20 to 30 and introduces some new high-level perks, armor and weapons.
[ source ]

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2009, 11:40 AM Local time: Apr 21, 2009, 09:40 AM #81 of 385
Now this is only unofficially(?) speculation right now, but I've just come across a couple of telling signs that the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 will soon be graced with the presence of a certain fighting game that takes you for rides:

Quote:
Back in October of last year, an ESRB rating first revealed that Capcom was evidently planning to release a port of their beloved crossover fighting game, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. There hasn't been any more news on the possibility since then, but now no less than two pieces of information have practically made it official: Xbox360Achievements.org has posted a list of (what else?) twelve supposed Achievements from the 360 version, and Siliconera reports that MadCatz is planning to release a new fight stick based on the title in July.
[ source ]
[ source ]
[ source ]

If this is considered old news, then forgive me because I wasn't aware until now; The articles I linked to were posted only a few days ago so they should still be relevant, even if only containing 'updated' info.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2009, 12:14 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2009, 05:14 PM #82 of 385
Now this is only unofficially(?) speculation right now, but I've just come across a couple of telling signs that the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 will soon be graced with the presence of a certain fighting game that takes you for rides:
It's almost like I posted this exact rumour a few days back.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2009, 12:31 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2009, 10:31 AM #83 of 385
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2009, 01:45 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2009, 06:45 PM #84 of 385
No worries, though interesting that the rumour is still floating about. Guess we'll see how it plays out, but no official news has hit yet.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 01:59 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2009, 06:59 AM #85 of 385
It's been confirmed, Marvel Vs Capcom 2 is heading to the XBLA and PSN this summer:

Quote:
In what will inevitably go down as the worst kept industry secret in recent years, I’m very happy to finally be able to confirm that Marvel vs. Capcom 2 will be coming to Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network this summer.

The deal took a good while but it’s probably our most requested title to bring back, so Marvel and I and a few other people here at Capcom rolled up our sleeves and got it done. I can’t stress enough, if you ask for something loudly enough and long enough, we’ll work very hard to make it happen.

So while you may have been able to surmise that something was going on with MvC2, we do still have a few surprises up our sleeves.
[ source ]

Follow the link for more information on the feature they're bringing.

How ya doing, buddy?
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 02:55 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2009, 10:55 AM #86 of 385
Trailers and some gameplay. Where are my delicious pixel edges though

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 03:03 AM #87 of 385
But finally, no one pussying out choosing Easy Mode.

Seriously, Easy Mode has to be the worst addition in any of these tag games.

FELIPE NO
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 04:21 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2009, 09:21 AM #88 of 385
Trailers and some gameplay. Where are my delicious pixel edges though
I've not seen the trailers (at work), but I'm guessing they're showing off the 'smooth' mode for the sprites. You'll be interested in this bit from the Capcom page I linked above Q:

Quote:
HD upscaling options – Given that most people play Xbox 360s and PS3s on HD TVs, it’s important to help make the game look better. We’ve refined our real-time sprite filtering to use even more advanced techniques and we’re providing two upscaling options for the sprites… one we’ve termed “Crisp” the other we’ve termed “Smooth”. It’s a matter of personal preference for which one you’ll enjoy more. For purists, if you’d like you can use the “Classic” setting, which leaves the sprites completely unfiltered. Because the filtering is applied in real-time, you can change these settings on the fly, mid-match if you choose. Our producer will be showing you some comparison screenshots in the coming days to better clarify the differences. The backgrounds in MvC2 are all 3D, and when rendered at higher resolutions look fantastic. The original textures and assets from the Dreamcast were actually much higher quality than the Dreamcast could really display at the time and when shown in HD, the impact is really quite amazing.

Most amazing jew boots
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 04:46 AM #89 of 385
So, are you guys gonna make an attempt at playing this game seriously or are you all going to just play it for about a week or two and never touch it again? (Street Fighter 4 anyone?)

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 05:02 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2009, 10:02 AM #90 of 385
Ouch. Is that entirely necessary Manny? I mean, I personally plan to pick up SFIV again soon, but have been somewhat distracted with life, illness, work and other games (heaven forbid). At the moment I'm not 100% sure I'll be picking this up as it largely depends on what price they pitch it at.

Q: This entry at Capcom Unity has comparison snaps of Classic and Smoothed filters if you're interested: http://www.capcom-unity.com/jimmyrey...ts_mahvel_baby

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 05:35 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2009, 11:35 AM 3 #91 of 385
MvC2 is far more appealing than SFIV to me as it attracts far fewer of the people like Manny who take fighting games far too seriously in my experience. At least that's how it always used to be in the arcades round here. You'd get a load of spotty nerds hanging around the SF3 and KoF cabinets discussing counter ranges and pokes and what ever the fuck it is you weirdos talk about and the MvC and similar games would just have people having a laugh and playing the game on them.

It's a sillier game but there's still room to have serious fights which is why I like it. Hopefully this release will have decent online connectivity and I won't be too handicapped using the shitty 360 d-pad (Because you can fuck right off if you think I'm spending £100 on an arcade stick to play a game that costs a tenner and I already have several iterations of on a console I do have a decent arcade stick for). I suppose I could get a PS3 and the PSN version and use my old Namco arcade stick to play it.

Anyway, I'll probably be buying this and studiously avoiding anyone who talks about frame cancelling and tiering of characters.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 05:46 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2009, 01:46 PM #92 of 385
That's excellent news OP. Looking sweet indeed.

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 06:32 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2009, 04:32 AM #93 of 385
Wow, awesome! Even though I'm one of five people on the planet who liked the Jazzy music, I'm still glad to hear about support of custom soundtracks. I wonder if there will be any new extras, such as color themes, or perhaps saved team configurations (Load up your 'profile' and automatically select with Cable, Spider-Man and Ryu, for example)? I guess with them saying no unlockables (or very few) extra surprises will be kept to a minimum. Online battle is gonna be the real draw for me I think.

Anyway, great news to hear Omagnus, can't wait for this =D

I was speaking idiomatically.
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 07:06 AM 1 #94 of 385
Ouch. Is that entirely necessary Manny? I mean, I personally plan to pick up SFIV again soon, but have been somewhat distracted with life, illness, work and other games (heaven forbid). At the moment I'm not 100% sure I'll be picking this up as it largely depends on what price they pitch it at.

Q: This entry at Capcom Unity has comparison snaps of Classic and Smoothed filters if you're interested: Whoops! Browser Settings Incompatible
My apologies for being snobbish in that post. Just, I can't help but wonder why people buy these games sometimes when they only play it for X amount of time, never care enough to get better, then just throw it off to the side. It has me thinking "Why are they so excited about it in the first place then?".

MvC2 is far more appealing than SFIV to me as it attracts far fewer of the people like Manny who take fighting games far too seriously in my experience. At least that's how it always used to be in the arcades round here. You'd get a load of spotty nerds hanging around the SF3 and KoF cabinets discussing counter ranges and pokes and what ever the fuck it is you weirdos talk about and the MvC and similar games would just have people having a laugh and playing the game on them.

It's a sillier game but there's still room to have serious fights which is why I like it. Hopefully this release will have decent online connectivity and I won't be too handicapped using the shitty 360 d-pad (Because you can fuck right off if you think I'm spending £100 on an arcade stick to play a game that costs a tenner and I already have several iterations of on a console I do have a decent arcade stick for). I suppose I could get a PS3 and the PSN version and use my old Namco arcade stick to play it.

Anyway, I'll probably be buying this and studiously avoiding anyone who talks about frame cancelling and tiering of characters.
That's the thing. I never said "You guys should be spending at least 5 hour a day on this game to get better otherwise, you should not be playing this game!". I AM however questioning why people would want to purchase this game unless they fit one of these 2 things:

-They got a group of buddies that they wanna stick with and don't care about getting much better at the game overall and won't bother playing with randoms.

-They want to seriously learn the game.

I would like to just remind everyone that if you fall under the first one, don't start complaining about the game when you start to run into this (which will be a lot more often than other games since this game is insanely popular in America):

YouTube - ECC9 MVC2 Santhrax VS JWong Grand Finals Set 2 Part 1

Also, the people that fall under the second one will far outnumber the people who fall under the first after a few weeks. THIS is the reason why fighting games are such a niche market. It's also (IMO) the biggest problem with fighting games. Some people like tackle football, and other people like tag football.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 07:24 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2009, 12:24 PM 6 #95 of 385
Not being funny Manny but you can pretty much get the fuck out with that attitude. I quite frankly feel I've put plenty of time in Street Fighter IV (as I have with most every game I've played) and don't need anyone telling me what I am and aren't allowed to have been excited about.

I get excited about games that look like they'll bring me enjoyable experiences, or those that are remakes/re-release of games I know I have enjoyed before (as is the case with MvC2), and if I buy it I can spend 5 minutes or 5 years playing it for all it matters. Perhaps I should give companies who produce games I don't plough endless hours into the finger and just pirate their games or something, is that your alternative plan? Or because I don't spend the Manny-approved amount of hours with a game do I not deserve to play it at all? Fuck you.

Shin: If I buy this, which I probably will provided they don't charge silly money for it, then I'm down for some muck about fighting with you.

Most amazing jew boots
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 08:05 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2009, 02:05 PM #96 of 385
I agree wholeheartedly with Omagnus, why is it so wrong to just buy a game to have a laugh with it? Let's face it, a full price computer game costs about the same as a night out these day, often less so if I've got at least five hours enjoyment out of it then that represents good value for money in my book. I don't feel the need to invest hundreds of hours getting good at something in order to justify buying the thing in the first place.

I own plenty of games I'm not that good at and I've had hours of fun playing them online, even against randoms who are much better at them than I am. Sure sometimes you get taken apart in quick order but that doesn't neccessarily make it less fun. Personally I can enjoy something without winning all the time.

The idea that someone wouldn't play a game online if they weren't serious about becoming the greatest player ever is a stupid one, simple as that. Manny, are you one of those people who quits out of games they can no longer mathematically win? People like that are the reason I don't play online at all as much as I used to, what's wrong with just playing games for the fun of playing them?

And yes Omagnus, I'm bang up for that assuming this is under £15 or so.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 12:29 PM Local time: Apr 28, 2009, 05:29 PM #97 of 385
I trust I'll be seeing some of you guys on for this.
Yeah, should be grabbing that. I'm interested to see how the controls handle, and most importantly how well the swinging mechanic has been implemented, since those are the bits that make me question whether or not this will get a purchase. I'm pretty sure Skills is planning to get it too, so with a few more we should be able to set up some private matches (provided the demo supports that).

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 12:31 PM Local time: Apr 28, 2009, 05:31 PM #98 of 385
Quote:
Absolutely. I've been aching for a multiplayer game with some vertical action forever.

Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 04:24 PM #99 of 385
Okay, I apologize for getting you guys all riled up. Thank you Shin for at least answering the question.

Just read about this:

http://psp.ign.com/articles/977/977050p1.html

Tekken 6 for the PSP? Finally something entertaining to play while on the shitter!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2009, 04:54 PM #100 of 385
The Bionic Commando multiplayer demo is set to be released tomorrow.

[ source ]

Nah man, I can't play it for 30 hours this week so it won't be worth the asking price.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] General MINOR gaming related news, rumours and things of not-thread-worthy nature