Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Games you regret buying.

SonicPanda
You're lying, dammit! And I can prove it!

Member 5153

Level 23.81

Apr 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 01:22 AM #101 of 132
Originally Posted by Elixir
You mean Sonic Mega Collection Plus? The PS2 game which was released a year and a half ago?

It has Flicky, Ristar, The Ooze, Comix Zone (<3) and Blue Sphere as unlockables.
Nope, I mean Sega Genesis Collection. Games include:

Alex Kidd: The Enchanted Castle
Altered Beast
Bonanza Bros.
Columns
Comix Zone
Decap Attack
Ecco
Ecco: Tides of Time
Ecco Jr.
Eternal Champions
Flicky
Gain Ground
Golden Axe 1, 2, and 3
Phantasy Star 2, 3, and 4
Ristar
Shadow Dancer: Secret of Shinobi
Shinobi 3
Sonic 1 & 2
Super Thunderblade
Sword of Vermillion
Vectorman 1 & 2
Virtua Fighter 2

And the PS2 version has Zaxxon, Tac/Scan, and Zektor as unlockables.

Comes out sometime in the fall according to this: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3152778

I was speaking idiomatically.
DAMN good coffee!

September 2007: Waiting for Godot...
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 01:39 AM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 07:39 PM #102 of 132
ETERNAL CHAMPIONS

I remember playing the this game to death. That's an impressive list, especially since Ristar, Ecco, Comix, Bonanza and the 2 Sonics are there. But unfortunately I don't see any Micro Machines, Landstalker, Toejam and Earl, Streets of Rage or Fantastic Dizzy. And I probably won't ever.

They seriously fucked up with the Sonic Gems/Mega Collections, since the japanese versions included all games, unlike the US/PAL versions which were lacking a few.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
BlueNocturne
Syklis Green

Member 2459

Level 7.53

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 02:48 AM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 12:48 AM #103 of 132
In recent memory.. Perfect Dark Zero. I don't usually take suggestions from others when buying games, but my friend kept pressing me to get it so we could play multiplayer. It was a mistake.

Most amazing jew boots
maxmontezuma
ClouD

Member 6653

Level 7.08

May 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 06:59 AM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 12:59 PM #104 of 132
Oni ... This game is so damn boring ... I hate it :P (Just bought it, because i found 20 bucks infront of the store, lol)

Enter the Matrix ... Very boring too, i thought it would be awesome, but it isn't ;/

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 08:05 AM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 03:05 PM #105 of 132
Originally Posted by SonicPanda
Altered Beast
<3

I was never a huge fan of Comix Zone. Or maybe I just sucked at it, come to think of it... XD

Oh and talking about bad buys and Megadrive: Streets of Rage 3. SoR 1 was an instant classic, SoR 2 was still great, but 3... Geez. It's like they took out all the things that made the other two challenging. I waltzed through that game. And I was a little kid, so a game was like, a lot of money.

By the way out of curiousity, anyone have an idea why Sonic 3 isn't included in that collection? Have they got something against Funkymuskrat's music?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by surasshu; Sep 3, 2006 at 10:05 AM.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 09:20 AM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 09:20 AM #106 of 132
To the best of my knowledge, Elixir, Landstalker is still getting ported to the PSP, so it makes sense that it wouldn't appear in that collection. Dunno about the other games, though.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Rakka
Forgiveness

Member 10978

Level 9.10

Aug 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 01:02 PM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 01:02 PM #107 of 132
I don't think that it's too early to mention Star Fox Command. It got fairly good reviews, and I adore the original Star Fox and Star Fox 64, so I threw caution to the wind and bought a copy...big mistake!

First off, the controls were pretty badly thought-out. I'm not sure if using the touchscreen to fly seemed like a good idea when the developers came up with it, but it just doesn't work well. Basic manuvering isn't too bad, but boosting and rolling are absolutely terrible! As for the game, it consists of a pointless stragetic mode, a bunch of one-minute dogfights, flying through rings to blow up missiles, and blowing up the same exact mothership about twenty times. There aren't any epic boss battles or long obstacle courses anywhere that I found.

I played though it once, having some faith that there would be SOMETHING to make the whole game worthwhile, but there is almost no variety in the gameplay besides the changing background graphics. Even the end battle is horrible...a giant interstellar snake-thing that dies after being hit with one bomb and a dozen laser shots. I played long enough to try one alternate mission, but it was almost identical to the basic route.

The game is just crushingly disappointing...I sold my copy the day after I bought it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

all the cool people are doing it...rakka's last.fm page
Master Thief
Gucci? Prada?

Member 12045

Level 1.60

Sep 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 01:42 PM #108 of 132
Guilty Gear Isuka......by far. I was so disappointed when I started to play that game and realized that I actually had to hit a button in order to turn the other direction to face my opponent......

I've long been a fan of the great, but unpopular, Guilty Gear games, but that's the last time I buy a game without reading some reviews first.

How ya doing, buddy?

The Master Thief strikes again......
Torte
Vampire Killer

Member 4126

Level 15.25

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 06:57 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 11:57 PM #109 of 132
Rakka, you missed out. If you had persevered, you would have seen there's a nice variety of enemies and bosses. The 1p game is more geared towards playing in bursts, as strange as it sounds for a Star Fox game. Sure it's repetitive at times, but playing whenever you have a spare moment is rewarding. The more I play the more I appreciate and now having tried WiFi, I must say the whole package is a sweet deal. Quick, simple, fun gaming - what portable gaming should offer. To each his own, but I reckon you've missed out. Take it as a freindly comment, I'm not criticising.

Onto games 'I' regreat buying, well Mario & Luigi 2 disappointed me a heck of a lot. Not only was it shorter than the first (for me) but it was more linear, more simple (super items vs attacks) and the progression was too bland. I can't bring myself to sell my games, which hurts me more here.

Most amazing jew boots
Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 07:12 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 06:12 AM #110 of 132
Fucking Donkey Kong 64 with its get the green banans but you cant get the green bananas before you get the blue bananas but you cant do that until you get the yellow but you need the yellow to get the red to get the green and even after you get the green you have to get the blue and you have to get the blue to get the key cause its being guarded by the babana fairy but you cant get the banana fairy cause you need Lanky who needs Diddy who needs Tiny who needs Chunky and you have to switch between all of them to get the other banana and OH LOOK THERES A BOSS BATTLE!!!

AAAAAAGHHH!!!!

How ya doing, buddy?
egokun
Chocobo

Member 2715

Level 10.84

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 04:23 PM #111 of 132
Two games for the PSOne:

- Excalibur 2555 AD: the worst piece of crap ever to enter my house. I will never, ever understand how this game got such warm revies from the magazines, and how some magazines could say that this was the heir of Tomb Raider. It was an appalling game, with bad graphics, bad voice acting, and just plain awful gameplay. A shameful camera, an impossibly bland combat system, secret doors that you were forced to find and that were impossible to find if not by sheer luck, illogical puzzles and lots of fetch quests in the first levels (I never got past level four by myself: I used a cheat code to get to the final boss, and I beat him by placing the heroine in a corner where all I could see was her and some fireballs the boss sent at her).

- Jurassic Park: The Lost World: oh-my-god. The only good thing in this game were the graphics. Everything else was terrible. I don't believe that it was possible to get to the end of this game without cheating (or even cheating).

FELIPE NO
Herbal_Carnage
The Last Raven

Member 21584

Level 1.60

Mar 2007

Old Mar 28, 2007, 03:49 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2007, 12:49 AM #112 of 132
Chromehounds,It was wayyy to slow for my taste,Weres the fun in really slow mechs? If there is i coulden't find it. =\

Xfire=Theunrealone27
Myspace=www.Myspace.com/unorthadox27
HeЯb{PurPleKusH}

Image removed by GFF Signature Police
Amayirot Akago
WRYYYYYYYYY!!

Member 12969

Level 21.07

Sep 2006

Old Mar 28, 2007, 05:31 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2007, 11:31 AM #113 of 132
In my younger, more naive days, I too fell victim to the "hey this looks cool and it's hella cheap let's buy it for the sheer heck of it OH SHIT WHAT IS THIS CRAP" syndrome more than once.

Major offenders:

Virus: The Game: Ugly, ugly, UGLY Descent clone with some tacked on strategy elements.
Megaman X3 (PC): I've never been a big Megaman fan, so what the hell was I thinking getting this? The cutscenes are neat, and the game has its merits, but the trademark high difficulty just kills it for me.
Maximum Force (PC): Easiest, ugliest, and most idiotic lightgun game ever, my love for the genre not withstanding.
Redneck Deer Huntin': I'm not gonna waste a single breath talking about this one.

I've got plenty of others, but those 4 stand out the most.

Anime lover, gamer, and dreamer
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2007, 11:15 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2007, 05:15 AM #114 of 132

This game isn't. worth. the. light. of. day. Seriously, it's like the two worst shooting games on the earth decided to have sex and make aidsbabies.

Sol Divide is just.. oh god, I don't know how to begin. It's in japanese so I can't understand the conversations (why is there conversations in a shmup?), but a lot of them are:

"You stole this from me and I want it back!"
"NO. WE FIGHT."
::boss battle::
"You stole something from me too! WE FIGHT!"
"No, I run!"
::level::
"There's no escape now, fuckbucket.
::boss battle::

This goes on for oh.. the entire game. Moving onto Dragon Blaze, it's basically a clone of Gunbird. The exact same concept with each of the characters applies. The game feels stiff and pretty much a bore to play, and bullet patterns are few and far between (and feel like ass). There's absolutely no graizing bullets, either. If you touch them, YOU'RE DEAD.

So yeah, bad purchase. Cheap, but bad purchase.

Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2007, 12:31 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2007, 06:31 PM #115 of 132
Empire Earth II (PC) - I liked the first installation of this series, but they didn't seem to put as much effort into this one. It looked kinda ugly, and it didn't feel as good as the first one.

Galactic Civilizations II (PC) - I bought this thinking that it would be a sci-fi version of Civilization. But it just seemed so slow and boring, just couldn't get into it. I may pick it up again one day though.

Universal Combat (PC) - Quite possibly the worst game I have had the dis-pleasure of owning. It looked ugly, took too damn long to do anything, crappy controls. I hated this game. For some reason though, it still sits on my shelf.

Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 (PC) - I have liked all the other C & C games, but there is something about this one that I didn't like.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2007, 01:11 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2007, 12:11 PM #116 of 132
Chromehounds,It was wayyy to slow for my taste,Weres the fun in really slow mechs? If there is i coulden't find it. =\
Whoa now, I'll contest that statement to the ends of the Earth. CH is excellent.

Originally Posted by Rakka
Star Fox Command
This was gonna be what I said. I like how TERRIBLE it is. Unlimited SaGa and other such disasters go here too.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2007, 02:31 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2007, 01:31 PM #117 of 132
Suikoden III. Picked it up just because people spoke so highly of 1 & 2. I found the game mechanics to be restricting in regards to the setting and the controls. First town is basically a 2d set with doors you can enter = lolz. I immediatley also disliked the notion of "fields" that you cross to travel to different areas. I Ebay'd this one.

Most amazing jew boots
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
Herbal_Carnage
The Last Raven

Member 21584

Level 1.60

Mar 2007

Old Mar 28, 2007, 03:36 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2007, 12:36 PM #118 of 132
Whoa now, I'll contest that statement to the ends of the Earth. CH is excellent.
I duno I never really liked it,maby im just into armored core's speed >.<

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Xfire=Theunrealone27
Myspace=www.Myspace.com/unorthadox27
HeЯb{PurPleKusH}

Image removed by GFF Signature Police

Last edited by Herbal_Carnage; Mar 28, 2007 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Messed up srry! =( <----NooB
WooshaQ
Wheel of Ka

Member 502

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2007, 06:22 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2007, 12:22 PM #119 of 132
One day I got Dragon Ball hungry and bought Tenkaichi 2 (I think) and after 30 minutes of play I almost vomit. Maybe if I were a DB fanboy it would be different but as I thinking being I can only describe it in one way: CRAP! Every fight looks the same way, charge up and super and so on. This is the universal strategy which obviously your opponents use as well. Boy was I stupid that day! ;]

FELIPE NO
Pokey
killhouse

Member 15382

Level 9.89

Nov 2006

Old Apr 9, 2007, 11:10 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2007, 10:10 PM #120 of 132
- Perfect Dark Zero. A disappointment in every category.
- Half Life 2 for the Xbox: The resolution is crap, the framerate horrendous. I'm glad they at least tried their best on the port, but when your xbox sounds like its going to explode when there's more then 5 allies/enemies on screen...=/ I'm glad that they're doing it again for the 360 though, but it still was an initial waste of 60 bucks.

crabman
NEWS!

Member 17465

Level 11.09

Dec 2006

Old Apr 12, 2007, 03:06 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2007, 01:06 PM #121 of 132
Guild Wars: Oh Christ. I've been strict on cash lately but I bought this expecting it to be better. Really. But it was just horrible. Everything repeated. Shitloads of the spells were worthless. It was such a bass-ackwards game that I enjoyed playing as a SPELLCASTER. I never enjoy Spellcasters. But WoW was just far superior to this. I really wish I didn't buy this.
Ya, i'll stop kidding myself. Guild Wars is pretty awful. the only thing going for it is the fact that there is no membership fee. The worst part is that i couldn't return the damn thing since i had to buy it new...

Otherwise, the first TMNT game that came out for the gamecube. Worst game ever, super boring, repetitive and cheesy. Like dynasty warriors except not fun.

O i regret ever playing dynasty warriors, me and a buddy of mine spent like 80 hours on that game, no joke.

Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2007, 03:35 PM #122 of 132
I never really regret buying a game but there was christmas when I ask for the game "Gungrave" and my aunt bought me "Mobile Suit Gundam: federation vs zeon", it was still factory sealed so I could return the game and pick another one, but I was looking at the back of the case and decided to give it a try...big mistake I played 20min and never touch it again...and sure the store wouldn't exchange it now that it was open >.>

Torte
Vampire Killer

Member 4126

Level 15.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 03:01 AM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 08:01 PM #123 of 132
I've got Petz Vet: My Pet Hotel for NDS. I can't believe they still come up with crap like this, but for collection purposes...

Thelonious Monk
Wark!

Member 651

Level 1.21

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 04:41 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 02:41 PM #124 of 132
i regret buying WoW. i mean, its a GREAT MMO and all but it eats away my life ! sitting in front of a computer all day and night is not exactly the way i wanna be spending my weekdays and weekends, but crap, WoW is too damn fun. i hope i quit soon lol

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 05:31 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 03:31 PM #125 of 132
Wow... So many games I have that I regret buying.

PS2

The Bouncer (It only LOOKS pretty. Everything else in this game is the same horridly cliche regurgitated tripe. Too bad too, I actually liked the story. )

Devil May Cry 2 (No... Just... NO. Probably the biggest disappointment I've ever had in a game series)

The Getaway (I actually got this for my birthday back in '03 but it was still a horrible game and I never had the heart to tell my sister that just because it WAS SUPPOSED TO PLAY like Grand Theft Auto didn't MAKE IT Grand Theft Auto.)

The Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (Has anyone ever told you that a movie game was worth about as much as a crusty sperm sample on a rent-by-the-hour motel bedsheet? I suggest you heed their advice no matter how much you love the property attached.)

XIII (To be fair, I actually LOVE the story of this game but it's not enough to hold my interest with hackneyed gameplay like this. Save yourself the trouble and read the comic if you're THAT hard up for a good conspiracy story.)

XBOX

Test Drive (Even though I stole this game, I'M the one that feels ripped off.)

PlayStation

Bubsy 3-D (Yeah... OK. Fool me once: Shame on you. Fool me twice: Shame on me. )

N2O: Nitrous Oxide (Trust me... After the third of fourth motion-induced nausea trip this stopped being fun. Even The Crystal Method doing the soundtrack couldn't save this game. )

Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi (Living proof that the most solid of franchises can produce the most horribly flimsy games EVER.)

Nintendo64

Doom64 (God... I fucking spent $60 on this the day it came out? I wanted to shove up John Carmack's ass for the longest time until I realized that he'd probably outrun me in that fancy-ass Ferrari of his as he laughed all the way to bank. Motherfucker)

SegaCD

Sewer Shark (Yeah... It came with the SegaCD... So the fuck what? It's still one of the most predictably repetitive games EVER made)

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Games you regret buying.