Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] Nintendo 3DS announced - 3D DS requires no glasses

Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2011, 04:16 PM Local time: Feb 28, 2011, 04:16 PM #26 of 38
I know the next installment of Layton is scheduled to be released in America, but I guess I missed the memo on them region-locking the system. Balls.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2011, 06:57 PM Local time: Mar 1, 2011, 07:57 AM #27 of 38
Really? When is Professor Layton and the Specter's Flute coming out stateside?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2011, 11:11 PM Local time: Feb 28, 2011, 10:11 PM #28 of 38
Lace is exactly correct.

SSF4 Arcade though....haven't they gone on record for saying that's fuck all at this point?
The creator has admitted he gets paid just to troll people on Twitter. It's part of his job description. It also applies out of Twitter, he is just more active on it instead of reporting to news magazines and such.

That and the achievements were already shown on the 360 version in a leak, before the game even hit arcades. Everyone called it fake because Evil Ryu and Oni Akuma had no place in the game at all, then they turned out to be in the game. A while ago Seth Killian told MTV (lol) that one of the lowest points in his life has to have been when certain people are leaking information about games that are either still in development (referring to SSF4 AE) or just released (MvC3), because it puts a big strain on relationships between the company and its fans.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2011, 01:38 PM Local time: Mar 1, 2011, 01:38 PM #29 of 38
Really? When is Professor Layton and the Specter's Flute coming out stateside?
Sorry, by next I mean the next to be released....which is Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle. They're skipping the other ones as far as I know.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2011, 01:49 PM Local time: Mar 1, 2011, 12:49 PM #30 of 38
That would be pretty ass, considering they've gone on record stating they will release the entire Layton prequel trilogy in English.

Maybe we'll hear something at E3.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2011, 08:02 AM #31 of 38
Nintendo had my money for this the instant Mega Man Legends 3 was announced.

Already got mine pre-ordered.

FELIPE NO
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2011, 01:54 PM Local time: Apr 10, 2011, 12:54 PM #32 of 38
How's everyone's street pass plaza's filling out?

I've managed to get 13 or 14 unique people with a handful of duplicates that I bumped into every day at class, so I think I have a total of 19 tags or so, and amassed about 10 at once on Friday.

Anyone else have any luck? Gotten anything super bizarre?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2011, 02:13 PM #33 of 38
I've got 10 characters in my plaza. I got 4 tags on Friday from the 3DS booth set up outside my office (I looked like a total stalker standing outside their booth in the rain three different times). All those were labeled as NY, and gave me Pikmin pieces, which were new to me. Otherwise, I've tagged a few on trips to EB, and a grand total of 2 randoms (oddly enough, on the same day, but at different times). My building is heavily trafficked by tourists/kids, as are the alternate food court where I eat lunch and Union Station. I'm hoping that once tourist season picks up and/or the market gets more saturated with 3DSes that I'll get more tags.

I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't have a friend/family member with a 3DS, because Find Mii gets impossible if you don't have a leveled-up Mii.

How ya doing, buddy?
Old Apr 10, 2011, 05:19 PM #34 of 38
I got a duplicate. It asked me what I thought of him and I was like "You're okay." and he frowned and skulked off. Then I had him go fight ghosts after he gave me a Metroid Other M puzzle piece.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2011, 01:18 PM #35 of 38
Nintendo 3DS eShop is coming June 6th.

Quote:
From Gamespot.com

The eShop will launch on June 6 in North America (June 7 in Europe), and will be available to gamers by downloading a system update via the System Settings tab on their 3DS.

Once the update is installed, gamers will be able to access the eShop, where they can download a free remastered and 3D-enabled Excitebike until July 7. Gamers can also grab Pokedex 3D, a free application that allows Pokemon fans to view their Pokemon Black and Pokemon White monsters in 3D.

Nintendo said it plans to open up the 3DS' eShop with Game Boy games Super Mario Land, Alley Way, and Radar Mission. While Nintendo regularly updates its WiiWare and DSiWare download hubs on Mondays, new content will arrive in the 3DS' eShop on Thursdays.

Also included with the update will be a Web browser for the 3DS. According to Nintendo, the Internet viewer will allow gamers to view Web pages in 3D, provided said pages are capable of rendering 3D. Additionally, Nintendo said gamers will be able to move from game to browser without much of a headache. Players can pause their 3DS game, enter the browser, and then go back to their game via the system's Home button.
Source: Nintendo details 3DS eShop - News at GameSpot

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 01:21 PM #36 of 38
It has been reported the browser doesn't support flash but quite honestly I would only recommend doing simple things on this browser anyway. You know, like looking up FAQs and general browsing and stuff.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2011, 01:47 PM #37 of 38
After using Flash on my Droid, I can firmly say that this thing not having Flash is a good thing. Portable devices are not ready for Flash yet.

Most amazing jew boots
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2011, 07:56 PM #38 of 38
Got 16 different people so far. I usually have more luck if I go to the Eaton Center, getting 1 or 2 every time I go there. I guess it's because it's a tourist area. It's rare, but I sometimes get them on the way home from work and I never get any on the way to work. Only once have I ever met a fellow Nintendogs player though. Guess it's not too popular.

Finding Mii isn't that hard at all without family members with 3DS's. Lots of level 1 heroes have magics that strengthen the next hero so level 1 heroes can become level 2 heroes and so on. I hired 135 or so heroes so far and I am currently on the second last room.

P.S. I'm hoping Revenge of the Gator comes to the eShop.

Update: I don't like doubleposting either. Anyway, just for the update today. I think the Pokedex app is pretty cool. I actually like the 3D models this time around after the horrid ones in those Stadium games, Machamp especially.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Freelance; Jun 7, 2011 at 06:03 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] Nintendo 3DS announced - 3D DS requires no glasses