Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] Few LiVE account Q

B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2007, 02:12 PM Local time: Jan 25, 2007, 08:12 PM #1 of 17
Few LiVE account Q

I just made an account and I didn't noticed that I can use spaces... LOL so I decided to make a new one with spaces in gametag but... I can't remove my MSN ID from old account. Is there a way to move it to new one? Maybe can I simple change my gametag to new one? Anyone try anything like that?

I'm new to the LiVE world of XBOX 360 so be gentle =P

Jam it back in, in the dark.
"We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each od them lies an IRREPARABLE truth."
- Assassin's Creed Ending
XBOX 360 LiVE ID: B4 Hunter PL
Playing on X360: Assassin's Creed, HALO 3
Playing on PC: Gears of War, Call of Duty 4
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2007, 02:58 PM Local time: Jan 25, 2007, 01:58 PM #2 of 17
Yes, you can change your gamertag, but it costs MS points. A great website that you should go to, to read about this kind of stuff, would be www.xbox.com and then go to the Xbox Live section, as it will most likely answer any basic, new-to-Live questions you might have.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2007, 04:33 PM Local time: Jan 25, 2007, 10:33 PM #3 of 17
Thanks russ. What what I have read there if my account is still offline I can change it in LiVE menu... and for the points it cost 800. Still don't know how to get them but hey =D That's the fun part! Thanks for help =)!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
"We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each od them lies an IRREPARABLE truth."
russ

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2007, 05:20 PM Local time: Jan 25, 2007, 04:20 PM #4 of 17
Yeah, you can either go to your local video game store and buy the points, or what I did the one time I bought points was I went into the Marketplace through the xbox's dashboard and you will find something that you can choose that says "Add more MS points" or whatever. It will charge whatever credit card you have associated with your Live account. I think it's something like 1600 points for $20 US, making a gamertag change cost the user $10, but I don't know about point costs in other countries.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
sabbey
River Chocobo

Member 139

Level 26.07

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2007, 10:13 PM Local time: Jan 25, 2007, 07:13 PM #5 of 17
Not really worth the cost though, just dump the account and start from scratch or stick with the one you have. Well, that's what I'd do. Sheesh, MS really knows how to milk people over everything, don't they?

As for using a Credit Card through the dashboard, from those I have talked with, don't do it. MS makes it easy for billing issues. Can't recall if it's from people stealing the account info, or if it's them charging you regardless if you should be charged or not however. Will need to check online again, but it's more easier and convenient just to order the MS Points card at retail or online though a regular store.

EDIT: Here's an article that basically says why I'd never add a CC myself...
http://www.computerworld.com/blogs/node/2794

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by sabbey; Jan 25, 2007 at 10:24 PM.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2007, 02:07 AM Local time: Jan 26, 2007, 01:07 AM #6 of 17
The points just get charged to the credit card you're already using to sign up for Live, so it's not really any easier to get your information stolen.

I've also never had an issue with the way they charge my card when I buy points. The ease of doing it through the marketplace is part of the reason why it's so easy to spend so much money without realizing it though.

I'd just make a new one though if you don't care about the MSN ID it's linked to, or any achievements/gamerscore you might have already unlocked.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
russ

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2007, 09:13 AM Local time: Jan 26, 2007, 08:13 AM #7 of 17
Sabbey, the situation described in your link was involving an Xbox located at someone's workplace, that was shared throughout the office. This is hardly an issue with someone who is the only person who plays the thing.

FELIPE NO
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2007, 05:10 PM Local time: Jan 26, 2007, 11:10 PM #8 of 17
Ok I just managed to make a new profile =) Now I just need to wait till my X360 get here and start playing =) I hope we made some thread where players place their GameTag's from GFF? If not it's about time to make it =)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2007, 06:27 PM Local time: Jan 27, 2007, 12:27 AM #9 of 17
Thanks =)

Most amazing jew boots
sabbey
River Chocobo

Member 139

Level 26.07

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2007, 06:24 PM Local time: Jan 27, 2007, 03:24 PM #10 of 17
Sabbey, the situation described in your link was involving an Xbox located at someone's workplace, that was shared throughout the office. This is hardly an issue with someone who is the only person who plays the thing.
Yeah, but that's not the main point I was trying to point out. It's just that except for the convenience of not having to wait for the card to arrive or having to head to the store to buy one, the issues with MS and the credit card, the hassle as it were, is not worth it when one can wait a few days for the card rather than getting the instant gratification of doing so right through the dashboard...

Also, I have heard of billing issues from more than a few and I use a debit card that might not always have enough funds to cover the charge. So, I am not going to take that risk. That said, even if I used a traditional credit card I'd still just stick with buying the cards online. Both those and the XBOX Live cards are cheaper online if one looks around instead of buying directly through MS regardless, and why else would you even need a credit card linked to the account otherwise?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2007, 09:19 PM Local time: Jan 28, 2007, 03:19 AM #11 of 17
You gotta remember though that B4 lives in Poland. Even here in England, you'd struggle to find a high street store selling MS points over the counter. Credit Card registery is the only sensible option in Europe and with the dollar being worth fuck all at the moment (More then $2 to the pound at the moment for the first time since like 1987), MS points are pretty reasonable. Makes a change for us to get stuff cheap for once, given that normally we pay in pounds what you guys pay in dollars for stuff (Xbox in US $300 normally equals Xbox in UK £300, i.e. $600).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2007, 06:30 AM Local time: Jan 28, 2007, 12:30 PM #12 of 17
As for me I can but it on Ultima.pl for 269.00zł (1$ = 3zł) so it's around 90$. So I just try to look for cards around Internet auctions like Allegro or eBay. Not long ago I saw cards from Germany for like 199.00zł (67$). Still it's quite expensive =/ Since few months earlier you could get 12+1 months of live for 120.00zł (40$).

And here comes the question:

Are cards from US possible to use on PAL console? And where do you think I should get card from? I mean possible lowest price.

Most amazing jew boots
reflectiVe
R.I.P., J. Dilla. (Jay Dee)

Member 5717

Level 7.21

Apr 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 02:24 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 12:24 PM #13 of 17
I was actually thinking about doing this on my gametag because I don't like it. I was going to avoid it because I don't want to lose all my gamerpoints. I have over 4.3k of them. If I were to change my name through the 360 dashboard, would I lose all my progress? If so, I'll just avoid it and live with my retarded XBL name.

I was speaking idiomatically.

This is message is dedicated to real Hip-hop
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 02:37 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 01:37 PM #14 of 17
Changing your name doesn't cause you to lose anything.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 04:54 PM #15 of 17
The only way you'd lose something is if you did what B4 was originally planning to do and move to a completely new gamertag. Everything, including your friends' entries for you on their friends lists, is switched automatically if you pay for the gamertag change.

FELIPE NO
reflectiVe
R.I.P., J. Dilla. (Jay Dee)

Member 5717

Level 7.21

Apr 2006

Old Apr 20, 2007, 04:49 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2007, 02:49 PM #16 of 17
Alright! Now that's what I'm talking about when I'm talking about america! Thanks for the response. I'll change my name as soon as I can....sometime soon, hopefully. GoReSpill is a retarded name.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

This is message is dedicated to real Hip-hop

Last edited by reflectiVe; Apr 20, 2007 at 04:52 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] Few LiVE account Q