Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] What MMORPGs have you played or are playing now?

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 10:26 PM Local time: Jan 8, 2007, 10:26 PM #26 of 36
Ooof... Soooo damn many MMO's I've played... It all started with Ultima Online o'course. Old school goodness =3

Most recent? I was accepted into beta for Vanguard. I played it and had fun for a little bit. But the server inconsistencies (beta) as well as shabby optimization made me back off. It'd only get uglier as open beta kicked in. I'll stand back and wait on it. As far as what it was like? Think a WoW clone with a great crafting system. Needs more tutorial tips on how some things work though... All in all, it was fun. I might try it again someday. Right now I'm between MMO's. Might return to WoW a little while after the expansion has settled in.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Walter90
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 18030

Level 1.34

Jan 2007

Old Jan 8, 2007, 10:40 PM #27 of 36
Hmm...

Let's see. Currently I'm playing SWG: An Empire Divided.

I have played World of Warcraft, Everquest II, Guild Wars, Guild Wars: Factions. I've dabbled around in EQII expansion trials, and CoV/CoH trials.

Still playing SWG though.

Ah, and I've participated in a few game betas.

Vanguard being the latest.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 11:51 PM #28 of 36
Let's see. Currently I'm playing SWG: An Empire Divided.
Just wondering... what server?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

"Out thought and out fought."
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2007, 01:34 PM Local time: Jan 13, 2007, 11:34 AM #29 of 36
I've only played World of Warcraft as an MMORPG. Personally it's more like a chat room with activities involved rather than a RPG to me.

Will I venture into other MMO's? Probably not. WoW alone takes up about at least 12 hours of my time weekly. Given that I work full-time 40+ hours a week, it doesn't give me much time to do anything else.

Most amazing jew boots
lilxdanny
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 19669

Level 1.34

Feb 2007

Old Feb 15, 2007, 01:54 AM #30 of 36
World of Warcraft, guild wars.

Both are kind of, no-real-point-leveling games, but for some reason, i love them!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Gunblade

Member 21331

Level 3.41

Mar 2007

Old Mar 21, 2007, 03:02 PM #31 of 36
i played WoW, Slik Road, hero online, SWG, RYL2, and some more
i play Guild Wars got my own guild with hall and cape, FlyFF just started that game

How ya doing, buddy?
Eiffel 65 1999-2006 Bloom 06 2006-4ever
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2007, 11:12 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2007, 10:12 PM #32 of 36
Played:

Anarchy Online
Asheron's Call 2
Final Fantasy XI
Star Wars Galaxies
World of Warcraft

My favorite is probably Asheron's Call 2 or Anarchy Online. Even though WoW had many things about it that were technically superior to these titles, it just couldn't capture the flavor/setting of AO or the community of AC2.

SWG was a complete waste of time, and I played it upon release before they continually borked it over and over again. A grind-fest, and nothing else. Might as well repeatedly hit the "any" key on your keyboard over and over again, counting how many times you've hit it, and after you've hit it 200,000 times just call yourself a "Jedi."

FFXI was far better than SWG, but I didn't like it as much as AO, AC2, or WoW. The levelling system really did it for me - no matter what, don't take levels away from your players for cryin' out loud.

At this point, I would rather purchase games that I wholly own and can choose to keep or sell on Ebay rather than "rent" intellectual property space.

How ya doing, buddy?
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2007, 12:43 AM #33 of 36
At this point, I would rather purchase games that I wholly own and can choose to keep or sell on Ebay rather than "rent" intellectual property space.
That's about how I feel now, I recently gave a few games I had already played a second chance but Meh....

I'm still gonna give Age of Conan a chance but that doesn't come out till October and that's only if it doesn't get delayed again by then. It was supposed to be out in April originally.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

"Out thought and out fought."
Disembow
SL Furry

Member 3141

Level 5.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2007, 06:32 AM #34 of 36
Ragnarok Online
Silkroad Online
World of Warcraft
Runescape
Trickster (Both Japanese and English, currently on English)
Voyage Century Online
ROSE Online
Ragnarok Online (Over 2 years, various servers)
Lineage II (Private servers, over 2 years)
Fly for Fun
Guild Wars (Original only, quit after partying went downhill in terms of intelligence levels)
Star Wars Galaxies
Maplestory (Only the most annoying grindfest in history, made Lineage 2's level 70+ seem fun at 2x rates)
Rappelz

I don't have many, but I've traveled around and seen some various games, there's also about another 5 or so freebie MMOs I've visited breifly and haven't bothered with the name of. Overall, out of these, Lineage II and Trickster have been the most fun to me for various reasons.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Billy
City of Heroes is the pwnzrs.

Member 21791

Level 3.09

Apr 2007

Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:02 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2007, 04:02 AM #35 of 36
Have Played:-
City of Heroes (Demo) - Was amazing.
World of Warcraft (PS) - Not as good as it seemed.
Mu Online - Very hard to level.
Mu Online (PS) - Were very good and fun.
Kal Online - Boring/Hard Leveling.
Kal Online (PS) - Still boring.
Risk your Life - Was a good game.
Runescape - Shouldnt really mension this crud.
FlyFF - Not too great.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

- - - - -
世界是一個討厭的地方. 不要轉動你的後面. - The world is a nasty place. Never turn your back.
Lord Jaroh
It's all about being a Newbie

Member 2072

Level 13.42

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2007, 08:42 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2007, 08:42 PM #36 of 36
Played:

Dark Age of Camelot
Final Fantasy XI
Asheron's Call
City of Heroes
Guild Wars
Everquest
World of Warcraft

Tried:

Eve
Star Wars
Ultima Online
a Sprite based one years ago that I can't remember

The games I still play:

Guild Wars, because I don't have to pay for it.

I'll see what Age of Hyboria has to offer, but that is the only one that I can think of that piques my interest right now. MMOs are going to have to change their play or pay structure to get me onboard again. None of these offers enough to justify spending more money to play them, beyond the initial purchase of the game.

We'll see what happens in the future...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] What MMORPGs have you played or are playing now?