Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

A Wii Little Problem

chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2007, 07:36 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2007, 11:36 PM #1 of 4
A Wii Little Problem

I have a really weird (or normal, depending on your view) problem with the Wii. Whenever I try going on Opera Internet, it freezes like it's in the middle of winter. Why? I don't know.

The thing is, I can Wiimail, receive fresh news and weather, as well as send Miis, but I can't hop on the Internet. The Wii Shop Channel is a hit-an-miss, and I can't send votes on the Everybody Votes Channel. What the hell is going on? Don't the weather and news channels utilize Wii-Connect 24? So why doesn't Everybody Votes work?

And what about the Internet? My girlfriend's sister just used the net for a bit and then it froze, played up and was never functional ever again. The Wii Shop Channel mostly doesn't work these days, but I've hopped on once or twice (only to stuff up after access the list of games).

One reason to why this may be happening is because the wireless router is about three rooms away, but in the past it's been fine. Another reason to why this may be happening is that my girlfriend's sister has knocked the Wii over twice, but that didn't stop it from working alright.

Any suggestions?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2007, 08:47 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2007, 03:47 PM #2 of 4
I know my Wii fell down to the ground a few times when (retarted) friends got excited during a GameCube game and pulled the thing down in either joy or sorrow. That shouldn't be the problem.

I guess the problem really is how far away the router is. Why don't move closer with the Wii, and see if that solves it? Then you know if that's the problem or not.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2007, 09:59 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2007, 01:59 AM #3 of 4
The thing is, however, that my laptop can pick up the signal quite nicely, with about two bars.

Unless the Wii's ability to pick up a wireless signal is weaker... I tried it with it with the DS and it wasn't able to pick it up either.

If proximity is the problem then how am I still able to send Wiimails, read the news and check the weather, yet not access internet? Strange problem -_-'. Perhaps it's the internet channel?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Snowknight
may carry parasites

Member 165

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Apr 9, 2007, 05:08 PM #4 of 4
Try setting your wireless radio to channel one on your router--Nintendo wireless devices seem to operate much better if this is done.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > A Wii Little Problem