Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 06:57 PM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 04:57 PM #1851 of 1941
Holy shit. Well damm, I didn't expect all of that to be true. Can't wait to check it out next year.

Flyable mounts in Azeroth!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SuperNova
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 830

Level 19.47

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 06:58 PM 1 #1852 of 1941
My main is on Korialstrasz, but I'm sure once I start playing again, I'll just roll a new main on whichever server you guys most play on. That being said, my Hunter, whom I love, is already on Undermine.
You know, no one touches it, but <Aperture Science> is still on Dark Iron. :P

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

I have nothing clever to put here.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 07:11 PM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 05:11 PM #1853 of 1941
For those who like pictures, New Class / Race Combos:

Most amazing jew boots
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 07:56 PM #1854 of 1941
Warcraft Panel part 1 (still being updated on mmo-c)

Originally Posted by Blizzard
Archaeology

* Secondary profession (like cooking)
* The profession will let you collect Artifacts throughout the world.
* It will be used to unlock Paths of the Titan. (Character progression, more about it tomorrow)
* It will also give you unique rewards like vanity pets, instant travel to a dungeon, titles, unique recipes for other professions, etc ...

Reforging

* Reforging is another way to customize your gear.
* It will be relatively cheap, you will need a Blacksmith / Leatherworker / Tailor / Jewelcrafter / Engineer to do it. Each profession get to reforge a type of items.
* It lets you reduce one stat for another. Some restrictions will apply, you can't put the extra stat on something that is already on the item.

Professions

* Multi-gains will be added, while you level up your trade skills, rare items will give you more points as you skill up. (Rare items will give you 5 points for example, while green bracers will only give one)
* Gathering should be a little more fun.
* Engineering is a very fun tradeskill, but it's either amazing or it sucks and everybody drops it. More convenient items like Jeeves or Wormhole Generator will be added to the profession in the future to get back to the roots of Engineering.
* Fishing will also have some big changes, no details yet but it's going to be more fun.

Itemization

* Mana/5 sec is gone. Spirit now regenerates mana.
* All healers will get a Meditation like skill. (In combat regeneration)
* Mages and Warlocks won't have to deal with Spirit on their gear anymore.
* Spell Power is also gone. Intellect now provides mana AND Spell Power
* Hunters and Enhancement Shamans won't have to worry about intellect anymore
* Attack Power is also gone.
* Agility now provides 2 AP for rogues, hunters, shaman, and druids. Plate-wearers won't steal your gear anymore!
* Defense is gone. No more juggling around the cap. Tanks will receive the needed anti crit from talents (Survival of the Fittest)
* Armor Penetration is gone. It was too confusing and is now replaced with a mastery.
* Mastery makes you better at what you do. (more on this later)
* Haste now increases rate which you gain energy, runes, rage, and focus.
* Talents for Enhancement and Retribution will make this work.
* Block value goes away. A block mitigates a percentage of damage. It is now a real mitigation stat.
* With No Defense, Spell Power, Attack Power = more Stamina for all.

Legendary Item

* Shadowmourne - Legendary Axe.

Goblins

* Rocket Jump - Activate your rocket belt to jump up to 20 yards, every 2 min
* Rocket Barrage - Fire your belt rockets at an enemy within 30 yards, every 2 min. (Shared cooldown with Rocket Jump)
* Time is money - Cash in on a 1% increase to attack and casting speed.
* Best Deals Anywhere - Best possible gold discount, regardless of reputation.
* Pack Hobgoblin - Calls in your personal servent, allowing you bank access every 30 min.
* Better Living Through Chemistry - Alchemy skill +15, Your potions give more health / mana
* Goblins can be all classes except Paladin or Druids

Worgens

* Darkflight - Activate your true form, increasing movement speed by 70% for 6 sec, every 3 min.
* Viciousness - Increase damage by 1%.
* Abberation - Reduced duration on Curses and Diseases used against you by 15%.
* Flayer - Skinning skill +15, you skin creature fast, and you don't even need a knife.
* Worgens can be all classes except Paladins or Shamans

Worgen Form

* The Worgen Form is cosmetic only
* out of combat you can pick between Human or Worgen.
* In combat you will be a worgen.

Death Knight
Druid
Hunter

* Hunter's mana is GONE!!!
* Hunters now use focus, no longer care about intellect or mana regen.
* Focus regenerates contunously, Steady shot improves the rate of getting focus bag.
* Rogue energy comes back at a 10 / sec rate, Hunter focus comes back at 6/sec (12/sec with steady shot)
* A shot costs 30 to 60 focus.
* Hunters will have fewer cooldowns on abilities
* Ammos will become an item, not a consumable.

Mage
Paladin
Priest
Rogue
Shaman
Warlock

* Soul Shards are no longer in your bags. The goal is to make them fun, not a hassle.
* Soul Shards will be integrated to the user interface. (Just like Death Knight runes)
* You get three shards per fight, they will regen very quickly out of combat.
* It will be possible to get more for long fights or mistakes through Drain Soul.
* Soul Burn (New Spell) : Cost 1 Shard, 30 sec cooldown, off the GCD. Empowers your next spell, many (not all spells) behave differently when empowered.
* Empowered Searing Pain : Next 3 Searing Pains crit
* Empowered Summon Demon : Instant Cast
* Empowered Soulfire : Instant Cast
* Empowered Fear : Instant Cast
* Empowered Death Coil : Longer Horror, more healing received.
* They are only used in combat, summons or demons won't use your shards.

Warrior

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

sabbey
River Chocobo

Member 139

Level 26.07

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2009, 04:42 PM Local time: Aug 22, 2009, 01:42 PM #1855 of 1941
This expansion might just get me back into the game...

Most amazing jew boots
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2009, 06:49 PM Local time: Aug 24, 2009, 04:49 PM #1856 of 1941
oh internet u

YouTube Video

Most amazing jew boots
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2009, 10:43 PM #1857 of 1941
Looking at a trailer of how old zones are affected by the Cataclysm, it's easy to see the allure. Having a zone called Desolace looking like anything but can't be right, though.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Yushiro
Able Squad, More Like Awesome Squad

Member 4745

Level 10.03

Apr 2006

Old Oct 5, 2009, 02:50 PM 1 #1858 of 1941
Well, thanks to SuperNova I'm finally back on WoW. I should be active on Undermine (Taokaka - Orc DK or Millia - Orc Hunter), Baelgun (Mooberus - Tauren DK), and Korielstrasz (Xephyr - UD Lock).

There's nowhere I can't reach.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2009, 02:58 PM 4 #1859 of 1941
Well, thanks to SuperNova I'm finally back on WoW.
There is no depth of villainy to which SuperNova will not sink

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2009, 01:29 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2009, 11:29 AM #1860 of 1941
Anyone who bothers to look at this thread probably already knows, but I'll mention it anyway: Blizzard has just released two pets for sale at their Blizzard Store for World of Warcraft. You have the choice of "Lil KT", a miniature version of the boss Kel'Thuzad, a minion of the Lich King, or the Pandaren Monk, a miniature version of the Pandarens, a race of hard drinking peace loving Panda-man. Link to the site with more details below.

Blizzard Store

Blizzard Store: World of Warcraft® Pet: Lil' K.T.
Blizzard Store: World of Warcraft® Pet: Pandaren Monk

Additionally, a small incentive for purchase is added by Blizzard with the following:
Quote:
Half of the proceeds to every Pandaren Monk purchased through December 31, 2009 will be donated to the Make-a-Wish Foundation

VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2009, 12:07 AM #1861 of 1941
I will never pay real money for in-game crap.

I was speaking idiomatically.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 2, 2010, 09:46 AM #1862 of 1941
Spoilers obviously, but this is the video that plays when Arthas is defeated. Just incase you wanted to see (or like me and probably won't down Arthas anytime soon)

Video taken down by blizz, however you can access viewing it in the cinematic folder where you installed wow at (if you're still playing currently) if not, it'll probably be viewable on youtube with blizztard going ape after Arthas goes down on live servers, which will probably be soon.

Hellscythe
Mmmmm....Animal fires....Flying Dutchman.....20x20

Member 1315

Level 6.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2010, 12:07 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2010, 09:07 AM #1863 of 1941
Meh. Starting again when Cata comes out. PC-less at the moment anyhow, and I want the 3x for the addict-a-friend thing.

FELIPE NO
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2010, 12:56 PM #1864 of 1941
Patch 3.3.2 just put in the first in a series of buffs that affect raiding in ICC. The first gives a +5% HP/Damage/Healing buff, that over time will eventually stack to +30%. The point of this is to allow more casual guilds to experience content, although not at the rate that the more hardcore raiding guilds.

Maybe we'll finally be able to get through some of the second wing as a result.

Most amazing jew boots
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2010, 01:28 PM #1865 of 1941
I haven't played in a few days. It feels kinda good.

I'll probably sign on tonight for 25m ICC and then go back to ME2 once they give my axe to someone else. Well, maybe I'll stay for other stuff considering we might be able to down Blood Princes... I could use the mace. Hrrrmm...

Man, fuck this game.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2010, 02:35 PM #1866 of 1941
Patch 3.3.2 just put in the first in a series of buffs that affect raiding in ICC. The first gives a +5% HP/Damage/Healing buff, that over time will eventually stack to +30%. The point of this is to allow more casual guilds to experience content, although not at the rate that the more hardcore raiding guilds.

Maybe we'll finally be able to get through some of the second wing as a result.
I wouldn't say it was just *for* casuals. Considering that no one had gotten heroic Arthas down until Paragon did with this buff (only 10 man. no one has gotten Heroic 25m Arthas down yet. 100 million health for the lulz). They did the same thing with BC right before wrath came out, decreasing all mobs health by 30%.

Although that 5% buff does help alot since we were being face-rolled by Saurfang.

also 3.3.3 will start bringing elements leading up to the Cataclysm of 4.0 with the Gnomes on a quest to take back Gnomereagan and the trolls taking back Echo Isles.

Interesting to note though, that during a tweet Q&A someone asked about heroic versions of other dungeons and Blizz said that they want to work on making heroic versions of all the old world normal dungeons, not just Deadmines and Shadowfang Keep. Heroic Maraudon and Scholomance ftw!

SuperDK
ROBO-KY!

Member 654

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2010, 03:03 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2010, 01:03 PM #1867 of 1941
Hm, I thought Paragon said that a major reason they were able to get heroic LK down was because blizz fixed some bug with the spirits (or something to that extent). 5% is a fair amount of damage though.

My guild finally killed normal LK in 10man. It felt so good. ::nerdmode::

All Kingslayers, report in.

khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2010, 09:24 PM #1868 of 1941
I wouldn't say it was just *for* casuals. Considering that no one had gotten heroic Arthas down until Paragon did with this buff (only 10 man. no one has gotten Heroic 25m Arthas down yet. 100 million health for the lulz). They did the same thing with BC right before wrath came out, decreasing all mobs health by 30%.

Although that 5% buff does help alot since we were being face-rolled by Saurfang.

also 3.3.3 will start bringing elements leading up to the Cataclysm of 4.0 with the Gnomes on a quest to take back Gnomereagan and the trolls taking back Echo Isles.

Interesting to note though, that during a tweet Q&A someone asked about heroic versions of other dungeons and Blizz said that they want to work on making heroic versions of all the old world normal dungeons, not just Deadmines and Shadowfang Keep. Heroic Maraudon and Scholomance ftw!
I think Maraudon goes against what they want...short linear heroics. Deadmines is relatively short...SFK isn't terribly big either. I can maybe see Scholomance as a heroic...Scarlet Monastery too...but anything else would get ran once or twice before people stopped wasting time in them.

Can you imagine heroic BRD? It would take at least an hour for well geared speed group aoeing everything.

Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2010, 01:16 AM #1869 of 1941
An hour with a group of randoms, possibly composed of people that speak no english whatsoever, is far more time than I want to spend with them.

And leveling running Maraudon was a huge enough pain as-is.

I was speaking idiomatically.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:42 PM #1870 of 1941
For the few people who actually still play (or those who keep up after quitting) Cataclysm Class changes are beginning to unfold (with the rumor of Beta starting real soon and the gaming media sites already getting beta access)

Condensed this a little bit, just listing main abilities with the link to the blue's thread on each class so people can read up further.

New Death Knight Abilities

Outbreak (level 81): Outbreak infects the target with both Frost Fever and Blood Plague at no rune cost. This ability allows death knights to apply diseases quickly when they are switching targets or when their diseases have been dispelled.

Necrotic Strike (level 83): Necrotic Strike is a new attack that deals weapon damage and applies a debuff that absorbs an amount of healing based on the damage done. For context, imagine that the death knight can choose between doing 8,000 damage outright with a certain ability, or dealing 6,000 damage and absorbing 4,000 points in incoming heals with Necrotic Strike -- the burst is smaller, but a larger overall amount of healing would be required to bring the target back to full health.

This ability is meant to bring back some of the old flavor from when death knights could dispel heal-over-time (HoT) effects. It also gives the class a bit more PvP utility without simply replicating a Mortal Strike-style effect.

Dark Simulacrum (level 85): The death knight strikes a target, applying a debuff that allows the death knight to copy the opponent's next spell cast and unleash it. Unlike Spell Reflection, Dark Simulacrum does not cancel the incoming spell. In general, if you can't reflect an ability, you won't be able to copy it either.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...62356308&sid=1

New Druid Abilities

Thrash (Level 81): Thrash deals damage and causes all targets within 10 yards to bleed every 2 seconds for 6 seconds. The intent here is to give bears another button to hit while tanking. Talents will affect the bleed, such as causing Swipe to deal more damage to bleeding targets. 5-second cooldown. 25 Rage.

Stampeding Roar (Level 83): The druid roars, increasing the movement of all allies within 10 yards by 40% for 8 seconds. Stampeding Roar can be used in cat or bear form, but bears might have a talent to drop the cooldown. The goal of this ability is to give both bears and cats a little more situational group utility. 3-minute cooldown. No cost.

Wild Mushroom (Level 85): Grows a magical mushroom at the target location. After 4 seconds the mushroom becomes invisible. Enemies who cross the mushroom detonate it, causing it to deal area-of-effect damage, though its damage component will remain very effective against single targets. The druid can also choose to detonate the mushroom ahead of time. This is primarily a tool for the Balance druid, and there will be talents that play off of it. No cooldown. 40-yard range. Instant cast.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...62387043&sid=1

New Hunter Abilities

Cobra Shot (level 81): A new shot that deals Nature damage instead of Physical damage. This ability will share a cooldown with Steady Shot. This will give hunters an alternative to Steady Shot on heavily-armored targets, and we will have talent incentives in the Beast Mastery tree to make this a signature shot.

Trap Launcher (level 83): When used, the next trap can be shot to a location within 40 yards. This provides the current Freezing Arrow treatment to all traps and, as a result, we will be removing the current ability Freezing Arrow. 1-minute cooldown. No global cooldown.

Camouflage (level 85): The hunter enters an obscured state that prevents him or her from taking ranged damage. The character would still be subject to melee or area-of-effect attacks, and dealing or taking damage will break the Camouflage effect. The hunter can move and set traps when under Camouflage, and will receive a damage bonus when attacking while under Camouflage (which will then break the effect).

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...61186675&sid=1

New Mage Spells

Flame Orb (available at level 81): Inspired by Prince Taldaram’s abilities in Ahn'kahet and Icecrown Citadel, this spell allows the mage to cast a flaming orb that travels in front in a straight line, sending beams that cause fire damage to passing targets. Once it’s cast, the mage is free to begin casting other spells as the Flame Orb travels. While the spell will be useful to any spec, Fire mages will have talents that improve it, possibly causing the Flame Orb to explode when it reaches its destination.

Time Warp (level 83): Grants a passive Haste effect much like Bloodlust or Heroism to party or raid members. It also temporarily increases the mage's own movement speed. Time Warp will be exclusive with Bloodlust and Heroism, meaning you can’t benefit from both if you’ve got the Exhaustion debuff, though the movement-speed increase will still work even when under the effects of Exhaustion.

Wall of Fog (level 85): Creates a line of frost in front of the mage, 30 yards from end to end. Enemies who cross the line are snared and take damage. The mana cost will be designed to make Wall of Fog efficient against groups, not individuals. This spell is intended to give mages a way to help control the battlefield, whether the mage is damaging incoming enemies (Blizzard can be channeled on top of Wall of Fog) or protecting a flag in a Battleground. 10-second duration. 30-second cooldown.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...62357286&sid=1

Paladin April 16th

New Priest Spells

Heal (available at level 16): While priests already have a spell called Heal, the existing version becomes obsolete at higher levels, which is something we intend to change in Cataclysm. Introduced at a low level, the "new" Heal spell will functionally work much like a down-ranked Greater Heal did in the past, adding more granularity to your direct-healing arsenal. If you need to heal someone a moderate amount and efficiency is an issue (making Flash Heal the incorrect spell for the job), then Heal is what you want to use. Heal is intended to be the priest's go-to direct-healing spell unless they need something bigger (Greater Heal) or faster (Flash Heal). We will be following a similar philosophy with all the healing classes.

Mind Spike (level 81): Deals Shadowfrost damage and puts a debuff on the target that improves subsequent Mind Spike damage. The intent of Mind Spike is to fill a niche missing in Shadow DPS, though it may be occasionally useful for healers as well. Mind Spike provides a quick nuke to use in situations where the priest doesn't have time to set up the normal rotation, such as when adds are dying too fast or you have to swap targets a lot. Spamming Mind Spike will do about as much damage as casting Mind Flay on a target afflicted with Shadow Word: Pain. The idea behind the debuff is that when you cast Mind Spike, we expect you to cast a lot of them; we don't intend you to fit it into an already full Shadow rotation. It also provides Shadow with a spell to cast when locked out of the Shadow school. (School lockouts will no longer affect both schools for multi-school spells.) 1.5-second cast. 30-yard range. No cooldown.

Inner Will (level 83): Increases movement speed by 12% and reduces the mana cost of instant-cast spells by 10%. This buff will be exclusive with Inner Fire, meaning you can't have both up at once. Inner Fire provides a spell power and Armor buff; Inner Will should be useful on a more situational basis.

Leap of Faith (level 85): Pull a party or raid member to your location. Leap of Faith (or "Life Grip") is intended to give priests a tool to help rescue fellow players who have pulled aggro, are being focused on in PvP, or just can't seem to get out of the fire in time. Instant. 30-yard range. 45-second cooldown.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...38432151&sid=1

New Rogue Abilities

Redirect (available at level 81): Rogues will be getting a new ability to help them deal with changing targets. Redirect will transfer any active combo points to the rogue's current target, helping to ensure combo points aren't wasted when swapping targets or when targets die. In addition, self-buff abilities like Slice and Dice will no longer require a target, so rogues can spend extra combo points on those types of abilities (more on this below). Redirect will have a 1-minute cooldown and no other costs.

Combat Readiness (level 83): Combat Readiness is a new ability that we intend rogues to trigger defensively. While this ability is active, whenever the rogue is struck by a melee or ranged attack, he or she will gain a stacking buff called Combat Insight that results in a 10% reduction in damage taken. Combat Insight will stack up to 5 times and the timer will be refreshed whenever a new stack is applied. Our goal is to make rogues better equipped to go toe-to-toe with other melee classes when Evasion or stuns are not in play. This ability lasts 6 seconds and has a 2-minute cooldown.

Smoke Bomb (level 85): The rogue drops a Smoke Bomb, creating a cloud that interferes with enemy targeting. Enemies who are outside the cloud will find themselves unable to target units inside the cloud with single-target abilities. Enemies can move inside the cloud to attack, or they can use area-of-effect (AoE) abilities at any time to attack opponents in a cloud. In PvP, this will open up new dimensions of tactical positional gameplay, as the ability offers a variety of offensive and defensive uses. In PvE, Smoke Cloud can serve to shield your group from hostile ranged attacks, while also drawing enemies closer without the need to rely on conventional line-of-sight obstructions. Smoke Cloud lasts 10 seconds and has a 3-minute cooldown.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...62386514&sid=1

New Shaman Spells
Primal Strike (available at level 3): Primal Strike is a new weapon-based attack that every shaman will learn very early in the game. Our goal with this ability is to make leveling as Enhancement rather than as Elemental more viable, since many key Enhancement talents become available at fairly high levels.

Healing Wave (level 4): While the shaman already has an ability called Healing Wave, we're adding another spell to the class's direct-healing arsenal and giving it a familiar name. The current Healing Wave will be renamed Greater Healing Wave, and the intent is for the 'new" Healing Wave to be the shaman's go-to heal. Lesser Healing Wave and Greater Healing Wave will be used on a more situational basis.

Unleash Weapon (level 81): Unleashes the power of your weapon enchants for additional effects (see below). A dual-wielding Enhancement shaman will activate the effects of both of their weapon enchants. Instant cast. 30-yard range. 15-second cooldown. Undispellable.

Here are a few examples of effects we're considering for this ability:

* Windfury Weapon – Hurls a spectral version of your weapon at a target, dealing 50% weapon damage and increasing the shaman's Haste for the next five swings.
* Flametongue Weapon – Deals instant Fire damage and buffs the shaman's next Fire attack by 20%.
* Earthliving Weapon – Heals the target slightly and buffs the shaman's next healing spell by 20%.

Healing Rain (level 83): An area-effect heal-over-time (HoT) spell that calls down rain in a selected area, healing all players within it. There is no limit to the number of players who can potentially be affected; however, there are diminishing returns when healing a large number of targets, much like the diminishing returns associated with AoE damage spells. This should give Restoration shaman another healing tool that improves their group-healing and heal-over-time capabilities. 2-second cast time. 30-yard range. 10-second duration. 10-second cooldown.

Spiritwalker's Grace (level 85): When this self-targeted buff is active, your spells are no longer interrupted by movement and possibly even by your own attacks. This will give shaman of all three specs another way to heal or do damage when it’s necessary to move in both PvE and PvP. Instant cast. 10-second duration. 2-minute cooldown

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...38611737&sid=1

New Warlock Spells

Fel Flame (level 81): Quick-hitting spell dealing Shadowfire damage. This is similar to the mage ability Frostfire Bolt, in that the lower of the two resistances (in this case shadow and fire) on your target will be used for calculating its damage. Additionally, Fel Flame refreshes the duration of Immolate and Unstable Affliction. Our goal for Fel Flame is to provide a spell that's good for mobility and for use by Destruction and Demonology specs. Also, did we mention it uses green fire? Yep. Instant cast.

Dark Intent (level 83): Increases the target's chance for a critical effect with periodic damage or healing spells by 3%. When the target lands a crit, you get a buff to your damage for 10 seconds. This effect stacks up to three times.

Demon Soul (level 85): Fuses the warlock's soul with his or her demon. This provides warlocks with a self-burst cooldown to use. The specific effects granted by Demon Soul depend on the demon chosen. Demon Soul lasts for a certain number of charges or until it expires (around 20 seconds), depending on the demon used. 2-minute cooldown

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...38461679&sid=1

New Warrior Abilities

Inner Rage (Level 81): Whenever the character reaches a full 100 Rage, he or she will gain a buff that causes attacks to consume 50% more Rage and do 15% more damage for a short amount of time. This is a passive ability so it won't need to be activated by the player. The goal for this ability is to provide a benefit for hitting max Rage instead of it feeling like a penalty. However, we also don't want warriors to feel like they're supposed to pool Rage and do nothing until they hit 100, so we'll be closely monitoring how this plays out during the beta testing, and making adjustments as needed.

Gushing Wound (Level 83): This ability will apply a bleed effect to the target. If the target moves, the bleed gains an extra stack and refreshes its duration, up to a maximum of three stacks. The ability is currently planned to have no cooldown, cost 10 Rage, and have a 9-second duration. Gushing Wound is designed to be weaker than Rend with one stack, but better with three stacks, which will be reached when fighting a moving target.

Heroic Leap (Level 85): This ability makes the character leap at their target and apply the Thunder Clap ability to all enemies in the area when they land. Heroic Leap will be usable in Battle Stance and shares a cooldown with Charge, but the Juggernaut and Warbringer talents will allow Heroic Leap to be used in any stance and possibly while in combat. The cooldown for this ability might be longer than the Charge ability, but it will also apply a stun effect so you can make sure the target will still be there when you land.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...38612592&sid=1

Turbo
*blink*

Member 25

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2010, 08:36 AM #1871 of 1941
So the Friends and Family alpha has started, and of course, those folks have broken NDA and given us a wealth of information.

MMO-Champion - World of Warcraft Guides and Raid Strategies

FELIPE NO

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2010, 08:52 AM #1872 of 1941
I wouldn't say they "broke" NDA as I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have posted it if Blizzard didn't give the thumbs up.

Also, since that place is a giant clusterfuck:

MMO-Champion Cataclysm Crawler Index of screens and all that.

Org looks amazing!

Spoiler:

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Turbo
*blink*

Member 25

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2010, 08:55 AM #1873 of 1941
I rather like the new maps, they look detailed and refined. 1k needles looks pretty good too. Oh. Don't forget about deathwing.

Most amazing jew boots

VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2010, 10:03 AM #1874 of 1941
Hm, mmo-champ is down. hah.

That does look really impressive, though. I just kind of hope character models get the same polishing. They look so dated and lame now, even with the stylized toon look.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2010, 10:28 AM #1875 of 1941
It's still up for me.

I might have to take back my "breaking NDA" comment. Apparently the Alpha client got leaked out, which caused the shit to hit the fan. No sense in keeping some of these things under the hat when a good portion of the internets can build sandboxes and sift through it

Also:

Spoiler:

Reminds me of the car from the Filmation's Ghostbusters cartoon. lol

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft