Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] So Basil saw the pilot for Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2008, 10:23 PM Local time: Jan 13, 2008, 09:23 PM 2 #1 of 19
So Basil saw the pilot for Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Originally Posted by Basil
FUCKING AWESOME.

The premise is all that matters, and since the events in this show take place between T2 and T3,

Spoiler:
once again we see a Terminator and a Protector sent back in time to kill/protect John.

That stuff never gets old. There had better be a Season 1 DVD release and/or a soundtrack release for Bear McCreary's music.

I'd make a thread on this in Media Centre, but I'm too busy for that.
Luckily, I'm not.

Now, I have no real opinion on this one way or the other, as I don't watch a ton of TV series these days.

But please, let's all weigh in.

However, LeHah has a different view point.

Originally Posted by LeHah
Overrated schlock. The woman who plays Sarah Connor is good and Ms Firefly is somehow more tolerable than she was on Joss Whedon's Whackoff Hour.

On the other hand, the show thinks its smarter than it is, the plot device makes no sense (Starts in 1999, ends in 2007? Why not just START IN 2007?), and the fact that they're obviously trying to ignore Terminator 3 just shows in how bad taste the show is.

A lot - A LOT - of bad dialouge but thats common for a pilot episode.

Honestly, I hope the show is finished before the writer's strike is over, so the show is canned and remains a cute footnote.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Last edited by No. Hard Pass.; Jan 13, 2008 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Because journals are for fags.
eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2008, 10:56 PM Local time: Jan 13, 2008, 10:56 PM 1 #2 of 19
I thought it was decent at best. I was afraid it would get too slow at parts, but the action was pretty frequent. I don't know, I think I'm just comparing it to the movies too much, when I have to realize that this isn't a movie.
Spoiler:
Good god I cringed when the 15 year old terminator girl said "Come with me if you want to live." Fucking blasphemy.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2008, 10:56 PM Local time: Jan 13, 2008, 10:56 PM #3 of 19
I watched the first 15 minutes and thought it was a good start, but I haven't finished it so I will have to take a look at the rest before making a challenged decision...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2008, 11:16 PM Local time: Jan 13, 2008, 10:16 PM 4 #4 of 19
Haven't seen any of the movies besides T3 (which obviously doesn't have much impact on this show, taking place afterwards and all), so I'm mostly just judging it based on the show itself. That being said, I thought the show was pretty good. Nice balance of story and action, and it seemed interesting enough to make me want to see more.

Of course, since it coming on in the same timeslot as 24 was supposed to, I have to say that I would still prefer to have that instead. But if they could have stuck with the original plan (this show followed by 24), I would have said that Fox had the best Monday nights out of any network. Of course, this is impossible now, as Prison Break will be back on, and that show needs to die already.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2008, 12:46 AM #5 of 19
The Terminator franchise can be revived if Cameron agrees to do a prequel with Michael Biehn in the lead.

People want a Terminator film set during the future war so bad, and that is how I would do it. None of this Terminator 4, "let's introduce a new hero lol" thing that are trying. Instant bomb.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2008, 02:02 AM Local time: Jan 14, 2008, 02:02 AM #6 of 19
Rock are you insane. See T3 but not the others. Insanity? I think so.

I thought it was pretty mediocre. Could have been much better. After only seeing the pilot, I am dying for not only Prison Break to return, but also hoping chronicles gets seriously better quick.

The girl who plays Cameron is actually quite good of an actor. At least I thought she was in the 4400. Some of her lines could have been better in the pilot, even if she was acting in Terminatorish manner.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2008, 02:40 AM Local time: Jan 14, 2008, 01:40 AM #7 of 19
Rock are you insane. See T3 but not the others. Insanity? I think so.

In all honesty, I just don't watch movies that often (definitely more of a TV guy). And I only saw T3 because my friend was watchig a bootleg copy while I was over his house one day. I never went out expecting to see it, and I certainly didn't spend money on it (it really didn't seem that bad to me, but I guess it isn't good compared to the other movies).

FELIPE NO
JasonTerminator
Sup staypuft.

Member 1276

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2008, 03:01 AM Local time: Jan 14, 2008, 01:01 AM #8 of 19

In all honesty, I just don't watch movies that often (definitely more of a TV guy). And I only saw T3 because my friend was watchig a bootleg copy while I was over his house one day. I never went out expecting to see it, and I certainly didn't spend money on it (it really didn't seem that bad to me, but I guess it isn't good compared to the other movies).
T2 is one of my favorite movies ever (Although, that should be obvious.), and I'm sure it applies to a number of other people in this thread.

I haven't seen Sarah Connor Chronicles yet, but I'm wary of a Terminator without Arnold.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by JasonTerminator; Jan 14, 2008 at 03:04 AM.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2008, 03:21 AM Local time: Jan 14, 2008, 03:21 AM 1 #9 of 19
Yeah seriously, T2 is one of the best movies ever made, and T1 in conjunction makes it even more better. T3 is good as well, just not as good as the first and not even near the second.

Most amazing jew boots
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2008, 03:40 AM Local time: Jan 14, 2008, 03:40 AM #10 of 19
Originally Posted by Skexis
It's decent enough, but you can tell some of the patronizing made for TV stuff is already creeping in. I mean, did we have to have the whole good terminator/bad terminator thing explained to us using blue or red eyes?

Few TV writers believe in context anymore. It's all bludgeoned into our skulls so no one possibly has to go a minute trying to think for their damn self.
Mini-rant engage.

Nah, it was okay. Better than any of the reality shows, but not as good as something like Heroes or Lost. I just have trouble seeing it as a full-fledged series because of the standards and practices hoops they're required to jump through, as well as the hour-long time limit they have to keep themselves to.

Serialized drama just tends to wear on the nerves a bit. Hell, people even criticized Lost when they started to think the show was leading them on.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I want to like it, but I still have my doubts. =p

How ya doing, buddy?
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2008, 04:17 AM Local time: Jan 14, 2008, 01:17 AM #11 of 19
I, for one, thought it was fucking terrible. The girl Terminator couldn't seem to decide whether to be an emotionless robot with a teenage girl skin or a teenage girl who just happens to be a robot. Oh, and she can eat for some reason. And I love how their big explanation for why, even though Miles Dyson was killed, robots are coming from the future to kill them was "Someone else built Skynet. We don't know who though. lol"

The action scenes were decent, but it doesn't make up for the bad acting and fanfic level writing. "The future belongs to us. And it starts..... NOW." *nuclear explosion out of nowhere, Sarah and John are unharmed* (I know it was a dream sequence. Doesn't make it any less gay.) I've had a bad case of writer's block for several years, but I could scribble out something better than this trash in my sleep.

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2008, 06:17 AM 1 #12 of 19
The Terminator franchise can be revived if Cameron agrees to do a prequel with Michael Biehn in the lead.
Yeah because Michael Biehn has any box office draw and hasn't aged in the last 20 years. Get out, cockfag.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Jan 14, 2008, 04:36 PM #13 of 19
Quote:
The girl Terminator couldn't seem to decide whether to be an emotionless robot with a teenage girl skin or a teenage girl who just happens to be a robot. Oh, and she can eat for some reason.
Spoiler:
Well she is stated to be a new kind of Terminator. Either that or she's a Terminator the resistance in the future captured a long time ago, and they activated her learning mode in the chip she has in her head [if you saw the deleted scene in T2 youd know what I mean]. I'm having my bets on the fact its a new model of Terminator, prolly similar to the T-X but without the liquid metal and creating guns outta nowhere.

Anyway, I have to say for a TV show and for an age where there aren't many good shows on television, I thought it was a good pilot for a series that has massive potential.

Spoiler:
The show pretty much retconned the saga, making T3 more of a 'what if' story. That is, if this show is canon, which I think it is. Also, we have to remember this is a story of paradoxes and destiny. And yea, Reese says "The Future is not set, there is no fate for what we make etc etc." But on the other hand...it IS the fate of the world that Judgement Day will occur and John Connor will end up leading humans to resist Skynet. Those are two things that will never change, no matter what.

So with that fact outta the way, i'm guessing that by them going to 2007 and destorying that Terminator in 1999, the investigators from 1999 will study the broken/burned pieces of that destoryed terminator and will get the idea of Skynet from there. Kinda like the paradox from Terminator 1.

But people its only been one episode, so lets not be so jaded just yet.

I was speaking idiomatically.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Jan 14, 2008, 05:13 PM #14 of 19
I thought it was an okay pilot, not a lot to go on at the moment. Pilots are usually pretty mediocre across the board, it isn't until the series gets going a little bit that you can really judge. I never really got into the Terminator series, but we're in a television drought and I'm always up for a new sci-fi/action series.

A problem is that I don't see as much potential for side-stories or filler episodes. The only real motivation holding this show up is "they must destroy Skynet". Hopefully each episode continues along that arc instead of having stand-alone episodes (which would just drag the pacing of the show down).

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2008, 05:23 PM Local time: Jan 14, 2008, 04:23 PM #15 of 19
As far as pilots go, I wasn't thrilled with it. It was a good second episode. As a pilot I expected it to grab my attention more and leave me with a cliffhanger, gasping for the next episode. I guess Heroes has spoiled me in that way.

I'm not very into the Terminator series. I've caught bits and pieces on TV, and the premise is tried and true, but I was just never enveloped in them like a lot of people are. I think it could work well as a television series, though, and there's enough storyline to be told, and television work has progressed to the point that this could really be something. Tack on the fact that there's a dearth of new programming available, and I foresee the series being picked up for a second season. I have high hopes for it, mostly because if it isn't good I'll still watch it, since it's just about all that's on nowadays. :P

Most amazing jew boots
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2008, 05:28 PM #16 of 19
The Pilot seemed alright. Most pilots are usually boring while establishing character and what not. (i.e. Battlestar)

I'm going to save judgement until after tonights finale of the pilot. But the show's got enough action to make it worthwhile I think.

I just don't know how they can make this into a full season show without it getting repetitive/boring sooner or later.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2008, 05:54 PM #17 of 19
Most pilots are usually boring while establishing character and what not. (i.e. Battlestar)
I really, really hope you're joking.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2008, 10:34 PM #18 of 19
Ok, episode tonight. I was laughing pretty hard when Sarah threw the terminator out the window. Then I was cheering when the female terminator shot Enrique. I was like "HELL YEAH!!" Not much action but I'll be expecting more in later episodes.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Jan 15, 2008, 01:08 AM #19 of 19
Just saw the pilot, and I was pleasantly surprised. It was better than Terminator 3, at least. Some things didn't make sense though, like why didn't the female Terminator just rip out the battery cells of the other one after shocking it. I would have also liked to see them putting together the plasma rifle from the first two movies instead of that crazy isotope gun.

Now I gotta download Episode 2.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] So Basil saw the pilot for Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles