Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Pool's Closed, Due To Aids!

Robo Jesus
Your Mechanical Messiah

Member 1543

Level 15.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 05:06 AM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 03:06 AM #1 of 10
Pool's Closed, Due To Aids!

Toddler banned from swimming pool due to being HIV-positive.

Honestly, I'd prefere having the brat banned too. There is no P in my ool, and I like to keep it that way.

That said, it doesn't take too much of a stretch of the imagination for said little kid to bust his head open on the nice concrete sides of the pool in some fashion, and start bleeding all over. Though I expect a hell of a firestorm over this.

Btw, in before 4chan.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
"You can't win, Pilate. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."-Jesus
Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 05:38 AM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 04:38 AM #2 of 10
Quote:
"We weren't sure if somebody could get the virus if the child upchucked on them or from blood or what," said Ken Zadnichek, the park's owner. "We didn't know what the risk was. That's why we asked for something from their doctor or the county health department."
Pretty typical. I mean, it was Alabama. They're still passing around as gospel truth that you can catch AIDS from kissing someone down here.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Smelnick
Banned

Member 12225

Level 26.09

Sep 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 06:35 AM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 06:35 AM #3 of 10
I think that is retarded. Aids is only passed through sharing of inner bodily fluids. Its a proven fact you can't get it from sweat and saliva. What are these people that worried about? I hate paranoid discriminates.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 06:47 AM #4 of 10
They're worried that the kid is FOUR and therefore apt to PISS in the pool or injure himself in some way therefore causing blood to come up. I mean, honestly. The things that the guy who made the call are bodily fluids such as blood and vomit. I mean, yes. The guy at the end is right, that simply swimming in a pool with someone is not going to give you the hivver, but it's a little kid. Piss.

Show me a kid that's never pissed in a pool (and that's an inner bodily fluid) and I'll show you a kid that has never been to one.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.

Last edited by wvlfpvp; Jul 11, 2007 at 06:51 AM.
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 07:54 AM #5 of 10
I like how they keep mentioning the fact that transmission is impossible through casual contact. It's a plausible scenario like others have mentioned that the AIDS kid hurts himself. It's also entirely plausible that some other kid does too. So you've got AIDS blood floating around in the same place that another perfectly innocent kid might have an open wound.

I remember when we had to learn first aid in high school there was this huge emphasis on rubber gloves, and never touching a wounded person with your bare hands, because who knows what you could get? (AIDS). So I think the manager's reaction was pretty much spot on. Hell, I wouldn't have even asked for a doctor's note. The chance that it could happen is non-zero, and I also doubt that it's significantly small enough to be ignored. When you consider the financial liability, not to mention the negative publicity when other people find out that AIDS was swimming in their pool, then yeah, screw the business of one family. Drops in a bucket compared to potential loss.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jochie
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 466

Level 19.65

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 12:45 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 10:45 AM #6 of 10
Isn't there enough chlorine in pools to kill Godzilla, though?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 04:06 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 11:06 PM #7 of 10
The guy asked for a doctor note, it isn't like he said GTFO. Besides it is a privately owned business, he can 86 anyone he wants.

Isn't there enough chlorine in pools to kill Godzilla, though?
I'm not so sure it is so simple like that. When I was a child, I knew a kid who did a flip on the diving board and smashed his face up pretty good and got blood in the pool. They made everyone get out of the pool while they treated the water with a bunch of chemicals. We then had to wait for the chemicals to get back with in their acceptible levels before we could get back into the pool.

FELIPE NO

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice
Stop Sign
By the sea

Member 1161

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2007, 04:25 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2007, 02:25 PM #8 of 10
It's true that chlorine can inactivate the HIV virus. It's also true that organic matter (like blood) can inactivate chlorine, thus removing any protective effect it might have.

This is why when there's an accident where blood (or for that matter, feces) is released into the pool, the staff has to remove the organic matter the best they can and raise the chlorine levels, just to be safe.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Robo Jesus
Your Mechanical Messiah

Member 1543

Level 15.22

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2007, 11:14 PM Local time: Jul 14, 2007, 09:14 PM 1 #9 of 10
It's true that chlorine can inactivate the HIV virus. It's also true that organic matter (like blood) can inactivate chlorine, thus removing any protective effect it might have.

This is why when there's an accident where blood (or for that matter, feces) is released into the pool, the staff has to remove the organic matter the best they can and raise the chlorine levels, just to be safe.

Found this info at a website:

These chemicals will kill the HIV virus after soaking for 30 minutes.
• Glutaraldehyde 2%
• Rubbing alcohol 70%
• Polyvidone iodine 2%
• Surgical spirit 70%
Chlorine solution 0.5%
• Hydrogen peroxide 6%

http://tilz.tearfund.org/Publication...IDS+update.htm

Note that it takes a solution of 0.5% Chlorine approximately 30 minutes to kill the HIV virus.

Next:

There are two kinds of chlorine found in pool/spa water: free (able to destroy microorganisms) and combined (unable to destroy microorganisms). Public pools and spas should have a free residual chlorine level of a minimum of 1.0 parts per million (ppm) if cyanuric acid is not used, and 1.5 ppm if a cyanuric acid is used. There should always be an operable automatic chlorinator when the pool and/or spa is open. The automatic chlorinator can be adjusted to maintain a safe level of chlorine. Chlorine should not exceed 5.0 ppm.

http://www.co.el-dorado.ca.us/EMD/en.../pool_faq.html

A 0.5% solution of chlorine is much, much higher than the swimming pool level of 5 ppm (0.0005% solution). If it takes the former 30 minutes to fully disinfect HIV virus, how long do you think it'll take pool water?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
"You can't win, Pilate. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."-Jesus
Max POWER
My style is impetuous

Member 7000

Level 17.86

May 2006

Old Jul 16, 2007, 09:13 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2007, 08:13 PM #10 of 10
Originally Posted by From the Article
"They don't know near enough, especially that children are totally innocent and represent no danger to the public," she said.

Medical experts said the HIV virus is unable to spread through casual contact.
This is true. However, it's also true that HIV can be spread through body fluids, such as blood, urine, vomit, etc. This kid is innocent, but he may not know how his actions might affect others, and I frankly wouldn't want to put the welfare of all the pool-goers in the hands of the adoptive parents. I feel for them, because of course it isn't the kid's fault, and he won't understand why he's not allowed at the pool. However, this was the right decision, no matter how many people disagree.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Pool's Closed, Due To Aids!