Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Pang's Violence Basement
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

"Zelda - The Hero of Time" fan movie!

MeTaL_oRgY
Good Chocobo

Member 375

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 03:59 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 02:59 PM #1 of 16
"Zelda - The Hero of Time" fan movie!

Quote:
The Hero of Time (The Legend of Zelda) is a full-length, independent Zelda movie being made by a small group of producers and film buffs called "BMB Finishes". They have been working on this movie for the past two years, and it is now nearing completion. It is a fully independent production that when finished will be promoted as a festival piece, as well as a Zelda fan-made film. All of the people making the movie are big fans of the Zelda series, and they have put a ton of creativity and effort into this film. The movie is being directed and produced by Joel Musch. David Blane is also producing the film on top of starring as Link.
I just wanted to share this with you. People from my forums showed me this video and it's pretty good for a fan movie. Just watch the trailer and discuss.

Movie Trailer
Movie Information

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Toma
Pu.Li.Ru.La

Member 987

Level 11.46

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 05:11 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 03:11 PM #2 of 16
It loks like they put a lot of time and effort into it. That said...ouch.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
DJ Gear
Iron Chef

Member 6267

Level 7.34

May 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 06:21 PM #3 of 16
I like how this was place in the jokes forum. That says a lot about it.

Anyway, I watched the preview before. Looks like they worked really hard, but it's still looking rather lackluster. Granted, it's good for a fan movie, but I'm sorry to say as an actual production, I wouldn't consider it worthy of the name Zelda.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 09:18 PM #4 of 16
Good for a fan movie? What are you smoking dude? It's better than that.
I admit, because these guys tried to do something so epic it looks like it falls flat on its face, but the trailer didn't look that bad at all.

Some of the makeup may have looked ludicrous and the actors like douche bags, but that's to be expected when all we had to go on with these characters before this were either digital models or well-made art.

I wonder what the total budget will amount to being.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 09:24 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 09:24 PM #5 of 16
Frankly, I just don't think the Legend of Zelda series lends itself to action or drama very well. It works as a video game, but it's too straightforward and too simple to be taken out of context.

I'll watch it, but I don't think I'll be too impressed. Nothing against the filmmakers, because it does look like they've gone the extra mile to try to make it engaging...I just don't think you can make high drama out of it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
ava lilly
not a lily

Member 307

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 04:50 PM #6 of 16
why does that look more like a trailer for the cosplay gone wrong thread if someone made a movie out of it?

I'm sure they put a lot of effort into it... but lol.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
MeTaL_oRgY
Good Chocobo

Member 375

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 06:07 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 05:07 PM #7 of 16
Originally Posted by ava lilly
why does that look more like a trailer for the cosplay gone wrong thread if someone made a movie out of it?

I'm sure they put a lot of effort into it... but lol.
Aww. Come on, it isn't THAT bad. It's a fan movie. The scenarios, outfits and the actual movie look pretty good. Considering the many things they had to overcome with this movie (the fact they are doing a movie from a videogame, they do it with no real profit, they are just fans, they have no formal education on movie production, etc. etc.), I think they've done an amazing job so far.

FELIPE NO

knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 06:57 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 05:57 PM #8 of 16
Yeah, they've done an amazing job for people with no training, but it's still a movie by people with no training. The only people who are big enough fanboys to buy this are probably already involved in making it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 08:39 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 07:39 PM #9 of 16
I'm sorry, but if that trailer was any kind of indication of the quality of how the final product will be, I probably won't be watching it. I know it's fan made and all, but if you can't make something that's on the same level of quality as the original, then you probably shouldn't be making it at all.

Not to mention the 'Lord of the Rings' -ish look it had to it. They even used that same music in the trailer...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
MeTaL_oRgY
Good Chocobo

Member 375

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 10:05 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 09:05 PM #10 of 16
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
They even used that same music in the trailer...
Ahhh!!! Not true! ;_; The first two songs are original arrangements for the movie. The last song (after the maniacal laugh) is from the Requiem for a Dream soundtrack (Which, by the way, is an amazing soundtrack). They do have some Shore influence, though.

I still believe it's worth a try. Although I wouldn't buy it, this is the intearweb! We can get ALMOST anything for free. So I'll watch it for sure.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by MeTaL_oRgY; May 9, 2006 at 10:07 PM.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 10:37 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 09:37 PM #11 of 16
Originally Posted by MeTaL_oRgY
Ahhh!!! Not true! ;_; The first two songs are original arrangements for the movie. The last song (after the maniacal laugh) is from the Requiem for a Dream soundtrack (Which, by the way, is an amazing soundtrack). They do have some Shore influence, though.
Well, maybe it's from that soundtrack, but it was also used in the trailer for The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (click on the first trailer, and got to about the two minute mark).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 02:55 AM Local time: May 10, 2006, 12:55 AM #12 of 16
It was remixed specifically for the Two Towers trailer. Then idiots thought it would be part of movie.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 01:09 PM Local time: May 10, 2006, 11:09 AM #13 of 16
All joking aside, I think that it's kind of neat that dedicated fans of the series have gone the extra yards to make a film production out of the series. But in the end, I have to go with Skexis on this one; the series just doesn't have that "action" kick to warrant epic battle scenes and a dramatic storyline.

As for why this is in this forum, I can only guess it's because no matter how hard anyone tries, Link ALWAYS look like a fruity fairy.

How ya doing, buddy?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 01:50 PM Local time: May 10, 2006, 12:50 PM #14 of 16
Originally Posted by Cellius
It was remixed specifically for the Two Towers trailer. Then idiots thought it would be part of movie.
Well, that explains it. I never seen the movie (okay, I have, but I wasn't really paying attention to it), so I didn't know if it was actually in the movie or not, but I knew I had heard that or something similar to it in the trailer for it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
jPokalypse
Wark!

Member 1358

Level 3.20

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 06:13 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 11:13 AM #15 of 16
The CG sucked and the colours aren't quite right in general. If you know you can't make a epic action/drama you could at least show off some nice CG (e.g. final fantasy) I think the trailer is a little on the long side and shows pretty much all the interesting parts of the movie anyway. I was hoping this was all a joke (it still is) but it seems the effort they put into it doesn't quite weigh out... :-S

Most amazing jew boots
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 02:16 AM Local time: May 12, 2006, 12:16 AM #16 of 16
Originally Posted by jPokalypse
The CG sucked and the colours aren't quite right in general. If you know you can't make a epic action/drama you could at least show off some nice CG (e.g. final fantasy)
You're right. The least these cumguzzlers could have done is put their multi-million dollar resources to good use.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Pang's Violence Basement > "Zelda - The Hero of Time" fan movie!