Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 163 Voting/WEEK 164 Nominating

Djinova
Why didn't he just...

Member 2441

Level 23.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2009, 04:13 PM #26 of 37
How did I forget voting? Almost.

(2 points) Musicdisk - Starshine
(2 points) DJMAX PORTABLE Legacy - Relation Again (ESTi's Remix)
(2 points) Dead Space Original Video Game Soundtrack - The Leviathan

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2009, 07:51 PM Local time: Mar 17, 2009, 08:51 AM #27 of 37
Quick votes:

(2 points) Musicdisk - Starshine

(2 points) Heroes of Might and Magic II - The Succession Wars (PC Game Rip) - City of the Knight

(2 points) DJMAX PORTABLE Legacy - Relation Again (ESTi's Remix)

Special mentions to Arkanoid and Dead Space.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
I think therefore I am... I think.
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2009, 08:06 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2009, 06:06 PM #28 of 37
I'd like to nominate "Forest Interlude" from the Donkey Kong Country 2 Soundtrack, thing is that there is (according to VGMdb) an OST which has this track listed as track number 10 with 3:11 in length, the version that i have is 4:33, so i looked for the OST version but only found one with 3:07, so does anyone have a suggestion where to get it?
I grabbed a copy of the track from the album you linked and it's 3:11. For SotW, I generally prefer to use official CD versions over rips, unless the rip offers something the OST doesn't, like multiple loops. In this case, the CD doesn't loop the track, while the ripped 4:33 version you uploaded does, so I could definitely use that.

However, SNES Donkey Kong Country 2, does anyone else have a problem with that? DKR I was okay with, but DKC2 sounds way too not obscure to me.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Opfer
nice

Member 28563

Level 18.16

Mar 2008

Old Mar 16, 2009, 08:20 PM Local time: Mar 17, 2009, 03:20 AM #29 of 37
Arkanoid DS Audio Planet - REVENGE OF ARKANOID -Complete Mix-
I don't really like the vocals. It has some interesting melodic parts in the second half.

Dead Space Original Video Game Soundtrack - The Leviathan
I guess this one works well in the game, but I don't see myself listening to it stand-alone.

DJMAX PORTABLE Legacy - Relation Again (ESTi's Remix)
This one has a very nice melody, although it's not exceptional in any way. Just a nice piece of music.

E.D.F. - Earth Defence Force (Game Rip) - Boss Attack
Melody is kinda catchy. I like the fast pace, too.

God Tracks! - Battery Size D
Wow, if it weren't for the parts with the weird robot voice, this one would be really awesome. It definitely has its moments with great melody and nice instrumentation, but the robot parts really turn me off.

Heroes of Might and Magic II - The Succession Wars (PC Game Rip) - City of the Knight
I don't usually get much out of orchestrations that have neither rhythm nor action, sorry.

Master Takahashi's Super Adventure Island - Ice Groove
Good rhythm, although the melody can't keep up, so it gets repetitive pretty quickly.

Musicdisk - Starshine
This one is pretty good. The melody is nice, and it varies just enough to stay fresh.

2 Points: Musicdisk - Starshine
2 Points: DJMAX PORTABLE Legacy - Relation Again (ESTi's Remix)
1 Point: E.D.F. - Earth Defence Force (Game Rip) - Boss Attack
1 Point: God Tracks! - Battery Size D

How ya doing, buddy?
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2009, 09:27 PM #30 of 37
Yeah, no way DKC2 is eligible. Sorry, Stalky.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

Opfer
nice

Member 28563

Level 18.16

Mar 2008

Old Mar 17, 2009, 05:30 AM Local time: Mar 17, 2009, 12:30 PM #31 of 37
Last minute nomination:

Artist: Doo
Album/Game Title: Trackmania United Forever (Game Rip)
Track Title: Menus
Year: The game was released 2008, track could be older though, I coulnd't find a release date on it

Uploaded it to the FTP.

Most amazing jew boots
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2009, 06:06 AM Local time: Mar 17, 2009, 04:06 AM #32 of 37
Voting is closed and nominations are restricted!

1). [30] Musicdisk - Starshine
2). [15] E.D.F. - Earth Defence Force (Game Rip) - Boss Attack
3). [14] DJMAX PORTABLE Legacy - Relation Again (ESTi's Remix)
4). [9] Arkanoid DS Audio Planet - REVENGE OF ARKANOID -Complete Mix-
5). [8] God Tracks! - Battery Size D
6). [5/3] Heroes of Might and Magic II - The Succession Wars (PC Game Rip) - City of the Knight
7). [5/2.5] Dead Space Original Video Game Soundtrack - The Leviathan
8). [4] Master Takahashi's Super Adventure Island - Ice Groove

Well that was, ah, decisive.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Stalky
I think not.

Member 24973

Level 10.75

Sep 2007

Old Mar 17, 2009, 06:48 AM Local time: Mar 17, 2009, 12:48 PM #33 of 37
Yeah, no way DKC2 is eligible. Sorry, Stalky.
Too bad that you guys measure the obscurity of the tracks, to most other people it sure would be obscure enough but then again, to most people all video game music would be obscure, so it's fine i guess.

So what about a track from "TimeSplitters: Future Perfect"?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2009, 09:15 AM Local time: Mar 17, 2009, 10:15 PM #34 of 37
Stalky, at least on GFF, the DKC2 soundtrack is very well known, thanks to several hit tunes from the game among forum users here, notably Stickerbush Symphony/Bramble Blast and Snakey Chantey.

I believe one of the objectives of Song of the Week is to introduce obscure game music to others.

The thing with popular video game soundtracks is that inadvertantly, many on the forums will check them out due in part to hype. But for the obscure soundtracks, they may remain undiscovered by the majority on the forums.

So Song of the Week is that platform to showcase these otherwise lesser known video game tunes.

Of course, there's a certain amount of flexibility when it comes to what is considered obscure, in which case a discussion/debate usually helps determine a nominated song's eligibility if it's a borderline case.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
I think therefore I am... I think.
Chuckster
Put the nostalgia straight into my veins

Member 321

Level 37.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:03 AM #35 of 37
Too bad that you guys measure the obscurity of the tracks, to most other people it sure would be obscure enough but then again, to most people all video game music would be obscure, so it's fine i guess.

So what about a track from "TimeSplitters: Future Perfect"?
For what it's worth, I don't think DKC2 should be eligible, and not because I was a SNES whore when I was a kid.

I have a nominated a track from TS:FP in the past, so I don't see why it wouldn't still be eligible.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Stalky
I think not.

Member 24973

Level 10.75

Sep 2007

Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:16 PM Local time: Mar 17, 2009, 06:16 PM #36 of 37
I hope you people didn't misunderstand me, by "so it's fine i guess" i did not mean that it should be okay to nominate a track from DKC2 but that i have no problem if it doesn't get to be nominated if someone who is involved with SotW a lot tells me that it's well known. (You don't have to convince the crap out of me on this one )

If "restricted" only means that any further nominations won't make it into the next week but will be added to the queue then i'd like to nominate the following:

Artist: Goteki
Game: TimeSplitters: Future Perfect (Game Rip)
Title: Mind The Gap "Subway"
Year: 2005
Source: ID3 Tags of the MP3 which i got from here
I'll just go ahead and upload it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2009, 01:01 AM Local time: Mar 18, 2009, 04:01 PM #37 of 37
Bleh I seriously couldn't find the time to participate in SotW this week. I'll be sure to download the tracks and give them a listen. Here's hoping I'm able to post some comments or at least some points next/this week.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 163 Voting/WEEK 164 Nominating