Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (the movie)

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 08:09 PM #1 of 12
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (the movie)

Ugh, why?

Atleast with Bruckheimer producing it we can look forward to some lavish production values... Hopefully that will make what would be a pretty lousy movie halfway decent.

Supposedly due out in 2008. Thoughts?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 08:37 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2007, 06:37 PM #2 of 12
So are those actual pieces of concept art for the movie, or just related subject matter artwork?

And why? Because Sands of Time fucking rocks! Though with Bruckheimer involved I'm meh towards it however the game would lend itself for a very intense action movie with some great visual effects. Hopefully.

Most amazing jew boots
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 08:53 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2007, 08:53 PM #3 of 12
Better a movie with big-name production values behind it. I think Walt Disney is fairly fitting considering the storyline, and my only real worry is that it will pander to kids more than it tries to be a family movie along the lines of Pirates.

How ya doing, buddy?
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 09:07 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2007, 07:07 PM #4 of 12
I'm crossing my fingers that the storyline should be intact, but here's me hoping for the impossible.

I may see it; looks interesting enough.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Vestin
Good Chocobo

Member 8812

Level 17.17

Jun 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 02:21 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2007, 11:21 PM #5 of 12
I was expecting fancier title art to be honest, but meh.

I'm not sure that they're going to be able to pull this off right (do they ever?) but either way, I suppose it doesn't matter.

I'm waiting for them to try and bring God of War to the big screen. That'll be the day.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 09:29 AM #6 of 12
Oh, this should be interesting. The special effects are going to be ridiculous!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 04:03 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2007, 11:03 PM #7 of 12
hopefully they'll stick with the sweet fairytale atmosphere the first had and not the emo dark thing in the second.

no homo
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 07:38 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2007, 05:38 PM #8 of 12
Better a movie with big-name production values behind it. I think Walt Disney is fairly fitting considering the storyline, and my only real worry is that it will pander to kids more than it tries to be a family movie along the lines of Pirates.

As long as it is at least a PG-13. Sands of Time was rated Teen, so I doubt they'll do much in adding violence and such.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2007, 09:11 AM #9 of 12
As long as it is at least a PG-13. Sands of Time was rated Teen, so I doubt they'll do much in adding violence and such.
I don't think Disney has ever been behind any movie rated R. I'm not talking about any of the Disney sub-companies (like Miramax/Dimension, Touchstone) but I'm pretty sure they haven't churned them out. PG-13 would probably be best fit for this.

It'd be interesting to say the least. I haven't finished Sands of Time (have it on X-Box) but from what I've played of it, I really liked it.

I'm curious on what happened with the God of War movie that was announced last year.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2007, 08:12 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2007, 07:12 PM #10 of 12
The only problem is that this is going to be a repeat of Doom. They're going to introduce a bunch of characters to follow the Prince around for the sake of dialog. They can't just have two characters (The prince and Fara) talking to each other inbetween all the action. Audiences won't stand for it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2007, 08:20 PM #11 of 12
Yeah, I'm sure we can look forward to plenty of idiotic side characters. I really can't see what story they have to make into a movie. Aside from the invasion at the very beginning, most of the game was about as simple as "get to the top of the castle." It was incredibly fun to play, but watching the Prince run along walls and dodge blades with the same overused Matrix effects for two hours would be mind-numbingly dull.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2007, 10:07 PM #12 of 12
I'm pretty sure they will not only take the story of sand of time but the hole trilogy with farah, prince, priestess and her guardian I think it have the potential to make a good story as a movie, even the dahaka thing could be a good main enemy for the movie...

or I can see that they will stay with only the sand of time story to milk the license and make the trilogy in movies...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (the movie)