Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Great Comic Book Arcs

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 01:57 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 11:57 PM #26 of 28
The Dark Phoenix saga was pretty cool... it was one of the last archs I followed of X-Men until Age of Apopcalypse came out.

Now THAT was a neat idea... Apocalypse ruling America while lots of mutants and other superheros (Iron Man, Avenger's Members) duked it out against Apoc and his forces. I liked seeing the characters in a different form... a bit overthetop at times, but it was still a great series.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
HightopNinja
Ninja in Hightops

Member 2115

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 04:52 AM #27 of 28
Originally Posted by Knighthawk
Yeah that black and white shit is ridiculous, I think I saw some spiderman books like that.
The marvel TPB's that are really thick and black and white, are the Essentials line. They're not too bad an investment at 14.99 a pop for over 500-800 pages. I picked up the Howard the Duck Essential and it was fun to read it. Afterwards, I finally finished off my Howard the Duck series..so now I just read the Essentials, as it was a killer to find alot of those issues in decent to excellent condition.

and just to keep it on topic: Avengers Disassembled was one of the greatest arcs in recent history. Hawkeye biting it was sad as hell.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Dave Foley is my Hero.
Interrobang
What I learned in Boating Class is

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 01:07 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 12:07 AM #28 of 28
Originally Posted by Crash Landon
Also, years ago, there was a Marvel arc in which a group of heavy-hitting villains gathered together and secretly "swapped" foes in the hope of catching each others' adversaries off-guard and unable to formulate a counterstrategy in time.
Red Skull attacked Dr. Strange. Dr. Doom went for the X-Men. Magneto battled the Avengers. Loki blindsided the Fantastic Four; and so on.

I forget the name of this arc, as it was in the 80s, but it was an exciting read for fans of any of the major titles, as people got to see new villains appear and found their heroes in unfamiliar territory. The writing wasn't as crisp or brazen as it is now but for the time, it was quite revolutionary.
Days of Vengeance. One plotline I really liked was Magneto's punishment for the Red Skull, which was a logical extension of Magneto being a Holocaust survivor and Red Skull being a Nazi.

Quote:
Avengers Disassembled was one of the greatest arcs in recent history. Hawkeye biting it was sad as hell.
You're a dumbass. Inane events thrown right after each other and having Strange be a deus ex machina isn't anywhere near "one of the greatest arcs in recent history".

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Great Comic Book Arcs