Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[:plant:] "You haven't played WHAT??"

ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2008, 04:07 AM Local time: Aug 22, 2008, 01:07 AM #1 of 28
"You haven't played WHAT??"

"You haven't played WHAT?? Dude, drop whatever you are doing and play it."

or, alternately, you just stare dumbfounded as your respect for them vanishes before your very eyes.

What games make you start formulating Bush 41 and checkout scanner similes if someone hasn't played them? The video gaming equivalent of not having ever heard anything by The Rolling Stones.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Nintendonomicon
Mama's boy

Member 1640

Level 16.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2008, 04:51 AM Local time: Aug 22, 2008, 02:51 AM #2 of 28
What are these Rolling Stones you mention?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Return to Crystal Lake...

My Wii Friend Code 1942-4227-2974-0276
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2008, 06:23 AM Local time: Aug 22, 2008, 12:23 PM 5 #3 of 28
Ultima VII. Anyone who has not played this has no right to call themselves a fan of rpgs. Compared to Ultima VII, most "rpgs" are little more than interactive story books with no actual roleplaying allowed. You can play the game anyway you want and still muddle through to the end.

In a shop and can't afford the armour you want? Pretty much every rpg going would make you go and kill monsters for three hours. Ultima let you kill the shopowner, steal everything then ressurect him (With total amnesia, yay) and sell the stuff back to the fucker. Too much crime will make one of your goody goody followers complain so you can happily chop him up.

Ultima VII was doing well what Oblivion tried to do and failed back in the days when if you wanted to run a game that needed 4 mb of RAM you had to re-write your config.sys first. A true role play game is a rare thing and Ultima VII was one of the originals and definitely the best.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2008, 10:09 AM #4 of 28
Truth be told, I've never played any of the Final Fantasy games, except for a brief foray into FFXIO and an even briefer one with FFVII. (I'm talking less than 10 minutes.) Let's see...I've never played a Metal Gear (Solid or not), I've never played a Metal Slug, I've never played a Castlevania game, I've never played Chrono Trigger, and until recently I've never played a Warcraft game (WoW excluded).

There, that should create some fodder.

How ya doing, buddy?

guru_of_time
_

Member 711

Level 11.94

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2008, 01:24 PM Local time: Aug 22, 2008, 11:24 AM 1 #5 of 28
I've beaten Final Fantasies I-V, VIII, X, X2, but I haven't beaten VI, VII, or IX...or XII for that matter.

Most amazing jew boots
Corn chips are no place for a mighty warrior!
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2008, 03:31 PM #6 of 28
It has to be the Metal Gear Solid series for me. I do own the Essentials Collection, which baffles my friends even more why I haven't actually played the series at all. Waste of 30 bux much?

I do realize it's good and everything, but I just don't have the motivation to play it at all.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2008, 07:22 PM Local time: Aug 22, 2008, 04:22 PM #7 of 28
Kingdom Hearts 1 was a good game with a pretty bad camera system, which they improve greatly in Kingdom Hearts 2. Same thing with the combat system. I would still recommend playing the first one so you can understand the 2nd game's story more, but if you only care about gameplay, I say skip the first one and start straight into KH2. UNLESS you somehow got KH1 Final Mix, which was a Japan release only game with improvements and a slightly tweaked camera system.

Despite having bought the game a while ago, I still haven't started on World Ends With you. Been kinda lazy latly on games. Usually after a day of taking care of chores or whatnot I get so tired I just browse the web, go on forums or chat with people as oppose to gaming a bit.

FELIPE NO

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :

Last edited by Kairi Li; Aug 22, 2008 at 07:25 PM.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2008, 08:00 PM #8 of 28
Not really a huge one, but I bought Persona 3: FES about a month ago, and I haven't even opened it yet. It sounds weird, but I almost feel too lazy to game.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Klaus
Please... don't touch me.

Member 2469

Level 7.46

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2008, 09:42 PM #9 of 28
I have, but have not played at all; Makai Kingdom and Valkyrie Profile 2. I'm kinda weirded out at people who have never played a Final Fantasy game. Never? Ever??? I think ones who say they never heard of it are liars. I mean, I have played a NFL/NBA/NHL 20XX/etc. game despite not being a fan of them.

I'm loving Soul Nomad though, have to force myself to play games now, when before I cut school to play. (Which was for The Bouncer. Heh)

"So shut your cow-mouth or I'll remove your face by hand before I stop your whore's heart!"
~Victor von Doom
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Aug 24, 2008, 12:53 AM Local time: Aug 24, 2008, 03:53 PM 2 #10 of 28
If you haven't played Rock N' Roll Racing everyone laughs at you all the time. When you go to bed you'll find its loaded with other people.

Not there for sex.

For laughing.

As for me, I haven't played pretty much anything people consider a must-play for the past few years. But that's okay, because I've played Rock N' Roll Racing. Free pass.

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2008, 01:25 AM Local time: Aug 24, 2008, 01:25 AM #11 of 28
In before [/cave story]

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Old Aug 24, 2008, 01:35 AM #12 of 28
WHAT?! You haven't played Cave Story?

How ya doing, buddy?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Augustus
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 30604

Level 1.10

May 2008

Old Aug 24, 2008, 02:16 AM #13 of 28
I could never finish Kingdom Hearts...just got bored. I've never played Diablo or Starcraft...and people always seem surprised by this.

I've never played Cave Story (although I will...yay freeness)...

I think everyone should get around to playing Beyond Good and Evil, it's a great game.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2008, 10:49 AM Local time: Aug 24, 2008, 10:49 AM #14 of 28
WHAT?! You haven't played Cave Story?
YOU LOST THE RACE, SIR. THE MILLION DOLLARS WILL NEVER BE YOURS~

ps: Never seen that smilie used before, I don't think~

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Old Aug 24, 2008, 12:50 PM #15 of 28
YOU LOST THE RACE, SIR. THE MILLION DOLLARS WILL NEVER BE YOURS~
Drat! Double drat!

ps: Never seen that smilie used before, I don't think~
The shock emoticon is a rare one but wonderful when put to the correct use.

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2008, 03:29 PM #16 of 28
I never brought myself to play all the original final fantasy games, even VI even as much praise I've heard about it but I just can't bring myself to play them right now.
Also I never finished any of the shin megami tensei series. I played them for a while, then I put them aside and forgot about them.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

New Record!
Megavolt
Seer

Member 1731

Level 14.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2008, 04:50 PM Local time: Aug 24, 2008, 03:50 PM #17 of 28
Ah yes, the good ole, 'if you haven't played *insert game here*, you're just a freaking dilettante'.

I haven't played the DMC games or the Onimusha games. It doesn't really matter to me though since the PS2 era of gaming was far from being my favorite and I'm not a big action guy anyway. I would like to play some more western RPGs such as the aforementioned Ultima VII, as I'm a bit tired of the JRPG formula these days. Someday I'll play through the Ultima and Wizardry games to see what's what. (I've eyed Ultima Collection and Wizardry Archives on Ebay in the past, but I never got them) I need to play Daggerfall and Arcanum too.

Personally, it saddens me a bit that more people haven't played the Ogre Battle games (especially with so many Suikoden fans around who like the political stories of those games), though I know that the games are hard to find these days.

But that's okay, because I've played Rock N' Roll Racing. Free pass.
Free pass for me too. I used to rent that game back in the day and I managed to score my own cartridge a few years ago.

~MV
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2008, 05:01 PM Local time: Aug 24, 2008, 03:01 PM #18 of 28
Never played System Shock 2 or Fallout 1/2. If a kind soul wants to throw the games my way I'll be happy to check them out, I just never got around to playing them. On that note never played any of the Ultima games either.

speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2008, 05:46 PM Local time: Aug 24, 2008, 04:46 PM #19 of 28
I've never played Chrono Trigger. I watched a friend play it for about 10 minutes once though. The funny thing is, I was planning to play it when it was re-released for PS1 but money was tight back then so I never picked it up. With the lack of PS3 rpg's (and obvious never-ending lack of Wii rpg's) I will soon hit Ebay for Vagrant Story, Chrono Cross, FF IX, and FF Chronicles. Then I will have more rpg's that I will never get around to playing for the PSX.

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
CelticWhisper
We've met before, haven't we?

Member 805

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2008, 12:18 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2008, 11:18 AM #20 of 28
Suikoden. Any of them, but I guess the worst offense is not having played Suikoden 2. I'm not as into SRPGs as I used to be and was probably too busy fan-whoring over FF7 when Suikoden came out to notice it. I think I have ISOs of at least the first 2 games that I should play one of these days, but...yup.

Spec - if you're quoting who I think you're quoting (the character in your avatar), it's actually spelt "G'Kar." (The More You Know)

How ya doing, buddy?

It is not my custom to go where I am not invited.
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2008, 12:53 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2008, 11:53 AM #21 of 28
Spec - if you're quoting who I think you're quoting (the character in your avatar), it's actually spelt "G'Kar." (The More You Know)
Ah! Dang, I even looked it up on the Intarwebs first and found that spelling. (Because, you know, everyone spells correctly on teh Intarwebs!1 ) I did find this though: B5 Misspelling Dictionary

The Gamecube/Wii introduced me to a lot of games/series. Before this dyNamic duo, I had never played:

-a Resident Evil game
-a Smash Bros. game (not that I was missing anything)
-Mario 64 (this may have come first but greatest platformer of all time? Rayman 2 DC version wipes the floor with this)
-any Zelda game (well, 5 minutes of the original in a demo kiosk but I don't count that)

So, I guess even though these 2 systems didn't pan out how I had hoped, it could have gone a lot worse...

Most amazing jew boots
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2008, 01:21 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2008, 11:21 AM #22 of 28
I bought Zelda: Phantom Hourglass a while back but never played it since my first DS got stolen along with all my games. I have yet to play the game.

Also, despite the fact that they were relatively large titles back in the day, I have never played Eternal Champions or its sequel. I'm told that, in retrospect, I wasn't missing much and thus, I've never bothered picking up a used Genesis copy for $2 at the swap meet every time I see it.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2008, 01:30 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2008, 01:30 PM #23 of 28
I've never played a single Metal Gear Solid game, despite owning the original one for the PS1 and the Twin Snakes version for the Gamecube. I don't know what it is, but the whole stealth-action subgenre never really did anything for me.

Probably why I don't own a PS3 at all as well.

Most amazing jew boots
Old Aug 25, 2008, 02:25 PM #24 of 28
That's not so bad. Except for MGS4 I have every other Metal Gear Solid game and the Twin Snakes. I haven't started ANY of them. NEVER.

I should really change that.

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Megavolt
Seer

Member 1731

Level 14.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2008, 03:51 PM Local time: Aug 25, 2008, 02:51 PM #25 of 28
Never played System Shock 2 or Fallout 1/2.
Those are a few of the first CRPGs (yeah, some people might say that SS2 is more of an FPS game, but whatever; I think it's RPG enough to qualify as an RPG) I sought out and played during my effort to check out the popular western RPGs. You should do the same, as they're actually that good.

Speaking of SS2, I haven't played Bioshock yet, but then I don't own a current gen console. I could get it on PC, but I wouldn't want to pay 50 bucks for it.

Suikoden. Any of them, but I guess the worst offense is not having played Suikoden 2. I'm not as into SRPGs as I used to be and was probably too busy fan-whoring over FF7 when Suikoden came out to notice it.
They're not SRPGs. They just have a few SRPG-style battles during the course of their stories. Otherwise the Suikoden games are mostly traditional JRPGs in terms of their gameplay (random battles, turn-based combat between your party and the enemy, etc), save for the character recruitment and castle building aspects.

~MV

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [:plant:] "You haven't played WHAT??"