Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Calendar application

Snowknight
may carry parasites

Member 165

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 07:50 PM #1 of 5
Calendar application

What calendar application do you use? Do you use something like Sunbird or iCal (if you're on a Mac, anyway), or do you just use the built-in calendar in another applation like Outlook?

For awhile now, I've sought a good calendar application for Windows, but I never seem to find one I like. Sunbird seems too empty, like it's missing something. (This is hard to explain...) Outlook is... not my favorite thing in the world. Once, I thought I had found something great in Chandler, but I realized that it is a serious resource hog. (80MB of RAM used before the interface has even loaded, way to go!)
For the time being, though, I use Sunbird, mainly because it works. I'm interested in finding something better, though.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:13 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 07:13 PM #2 of 5
This probably isn't something you are looking for, but I use Excel to keep track of everything I need to. I usually dislike most calendar programs, they are either missing key things I want or are way too bloated, so I'd rather just manage everything myself.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
and Brandy does her best to understand
subferno
Syklis Green

Member 1456

Level 6.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:38 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 09:38 PM #3 of 5
I use an application called RainLender

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Snowknight
may carry parasites

Member 165

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:40 PM #4 of 5
Originally Posted by BlueMikey
This probably isn't something you are looking for, but I use Excel to keep track of everything I need to. I usually dislike most calendar programs, they are either missing key things I want or are way too bloated, so I'd rather just manage everything myself.
I might try this, as it seems easier to be able to type in whatever I feel like (and in whatever format).
Thanks for the suggestion.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 04:28 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 02:28 PM #5 of 5
Originally Posted by subferno
I use an application called RainLender
I used to use this, especially when I was running AstonShell since it integrated so well. The program works together well with Outlook, but I have since abandoned both. I tried Sunbird for a while, but I remain just very bad at keeping it up to date. So, I just write things down on Post-It notes and a dry-erase board in my room. Works for me, may be ill-advised for you.

I was speaking idiomatically.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Calendar application