Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] NOBDYH GVIE S A SHIT ABOUT DIABLO IIII

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2012, 02:51 PM #326 of 497
1.04 preview notes here: 1.0.4 Systems Preview - Diablo III

I'm not gonna lie, I got a bit wet reading that. I might be back on board, rumored date is 8/20.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 13, 2012, 01:12 AM #327 of 497
Yeah, I changed my password and email associated with battle.net after that Blizzard Security Breach. One of the big things that concern me is they got secret questions and answers. It was kind of funny to see that no one in China was affected at all. Rumors flying about that it was the gold sellers trying to hack into the database to get all the info from people's D3 accounts since it some were dealing with real money. Tin foil hats are ready for wear!

That whole removal of Invulnerable Minions makes me happy in the pants. So many times I'd get the combination of: Arcane Sentry, Illusionist, Invulnerable Minions and Waller(or Jailer) and end up having to just restart the fucking game.

FELIPE NO

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Aug 13, 2012, 08:52 AM Local time: Aug 13, 2012, 06:52 AM #328 of 497
I like how Blizzard didn't decide to notify people about the security breach via e-mail. You know, for all the people that have quit the game and might not hear about it except through way of mouth. Also kinda regretting buying the digital copy now. =\

Quote:
We don’t think they fit well into the general philosophy of the game, which is more about trying to farm as efficiently as possible.
Not sure if that line from the update strikes anyone else as a weird thing for the point of a game.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by RacinReaver; Aug 13, 2012 at 10:49 AM.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Aug 13, 2012, 07:09 PM #329 of 497
A lot of games boil down to the Skinner box mentality but Blizzard is one of the few companies to be so shamelessly explicit about it. But a lot of players seem to share this perspective. Get to max level, beat the campaign on top difficulty, then the real game (of farming loot for your e-peen) begins.

And this is something that seems to be specific to Diablo, I'm sure people farm in Diablo-likes like Torchlight or Titan Quest or whatever but it's not considered the entire point of the game.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 13, 2012, 09:13 PM #330 of 497
To be fair I'm pretty sure Torchlight and Titan Quest are much considered the same way.

Most amazing jew boots
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:35 PM #331 of 497
When you log into your Battle.net account, you can now change your secret question and answer as well as get a new mobile authenticator number (if you use the mobile one)

How ya doing, buddy?

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:52 PM #332 of 497
Holy Fuck: 1.0.4 Legendary Item Improvements - Diablo III

We don't even have full patch notes for 1.04, but it looks like they may have actually gone a long way in fixing this shit, I'll eat some crow on this one (I figured they would eventually get it, but not this quickly). There's also some detailed notes on Barbarian changes in 1.04, but none of this means anything to me: Patch 1.0.4 Preview: Barbarian - Diablo III

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:32 PM Local time: Aug 15, 2012, 06:32 PM #333 of 497
I imagine the prices of those legendaries will further skyrocket. 2k DPS weps for a hundred mil gold? As it can't get any more expensive.

I was speaking idiomatically.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:59 PM #334 of 497
Patch preview notes for I think all the classes are up. The philosophy seems to be that instead of nerfing anything, they buffed all of the currently unpopular skills. On the DH they upped the damage on Rain of Vengeance to 75% over 5 seconds to 715% over 5 seconds which is fucking hilarious.

Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:31 PM #335 of 497
Did they really up the damage or did they just clarify? One of the earlier blog posts that was posted mentioned something about changing the language to make it more clear. Ie. 75% damage for five seconds vs. (with 2.0 attack speed) 750% damage over 5 seconds.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Aug 17, 2012, 02:37 AM Local time: Aug 17, 2012, 12:37 AM #336 of 497
I'm glad they adopted the philosophy of buffing weak skills to be stronger rather than nerfing strong skills.

I might actually play again for a bit when 1.0.4 hits.

Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2012, 01:26 PM #338 of 497
Is it me, or are these buffs a little too late? It's nice that most skills got buffed, but pretty sure it wont get the majority of players back. They fucked up at launch, basically. The only chance they have now, is the PvP patch, but I doubt even that will make a big dent.

My friends list was full on launch...everyone played that game for weeks, months even. In the rare chance that one of them does come online now, it's always WoW.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:04 PM Local time: Aug 18, 2012, 10:04 PM #339 of 497
Yeah I played for three weeks. Probably played D2 for like 5 years.

Biggest disappointment for a franchise in the history of gaming. Probably made the game in one year even with the long wait after the godly Diablo 2. Why do you remove almost everything that worked well in D2? Shouldnt you be expanding upon it? NOPE not Blizzard.

Hard to believe they can put out stellar WoW and SC2 and then release this.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:09 PM #340 of 497
Unofficial Patch 1.0.4 Changes - Paragon Levels, Skills and Legendary Passives - Diablo 3 Database (D3DB)

List of the new new Legendary passives, items, skill changes and Paragon Levels

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2012, 02:03 PM #341 of 497
Gamers are fickle. Look at the MW2 boycotts, the Sony boycotts after the PSN hack, etc. Ultimately if this patch fixes a lot of issues (which it looks like it does) people will come back. Torchlight 2 STILL not being out and Path of Exile's Open Beta being delayed also helps quite a bit here, since there's ultimately nothing filling this space right now. If they turn everything around and the game gets to where it should have been at launch a year from now most people won't remember or care how shitty it was for a few months, for better or worse.

How ya doing, buddy?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:53 AM #342 of 497
Introducing the Paragon System - Diablo III

In-depth Paragon leveling system.

russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:10 PM Local time: Aug 20, 2012, 11:10 AM #343 of 497
Ok, the Paragon system actually sounds interesting. This could be the first real, non-superficial improvement over Diablo 2 that this development team has managed to make.

FELIPE NO
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2012, 08:05 PM #344 of 497
Patch is coming tomorrow, see the absurdly long patch notes here: Scheduled Maintenance - August 21 - Forums - Diablo III

I'm only like halfway through the patch notes and this is fucking crazy. GAF is right, we're finally out of beta!

Last edited by SailorDaravon; Aug 20, 2012 at 08:08 PM.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:25 PM #345 of 497
And here I was a few days ago thinking to myself, "Man, I'm glad I didn't climb aboard that boat."

I mean, I'm still kinda glad about it, but if they can keep the game fresh long-term...we'll see, I guess.

Most amazing jew boots

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:23 PM #346 of 497
Patch is up. People on GAF are reporting way higher quality of drops, and Elites in general being way, way less fucked in general. GET EXCITE

There's nowhere I can't reach.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2012, 07:22 PM Local time: Aug 21, 2012, 06:22 PM #347 of 497
I played for about an hour. Basically did an act 1 inferno farm run, plus Jailer through Butcher. I ended up getting about 3/4 of the way to my first paragon level and found a high quantity of yellows and blues, but I was also running with 200% base MF plus 5 stacks for most of it. Quality of my drops were better than usual, but nothing special.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2012, 08:55 PM #348 of 497
Multiple people on GAF are already finding way better shit; same items as before, but with way better rolls and stats on them. Super jelly. I'll have to try to get back into this sometime this week.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:38 AM #349 of 497
I've noticed an increase in the amount of rares I've found as well. Plus it seems to be a bit easier to play as shit isn't killing me in two hits. Hopefully I can play and get some paragon levels under my belt and be a little more successful in the RMAH. Since next week the 5.0.4 patch hits WoW and then I'll be derping around on that

I was speaking idiomatically.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:52 PM #350 of 497
Act 3 is still rough, but I finally managed to kill Ghom (which I absolutely could not do pre-patch), but it still took me forever. I've started playing again, at least until Borderlands 2 comes out, so we should try to hook up. I'd imagine that we could at least get you as far as I am. Wasn't one of the things in this patch them removing enemy HP bonuses in multiplayer, or doing something with that?

Other than that I'm still having better luck rolling through Act 1 with my 200+ MF/GF gear then trying to do Act 2/3 with my "real" gear. Act 2 is kinda doable but a pain in the ass with my MF/GF gear, but I won't even touch Act 3 with that. Ultimately I'm getting way more rares doing Act 1 since I can do it so much faster, but the only downside is that most of the plans I would want for higher gems and crafting don't drop in Act 1 :/

Also with my DH I picked up a build that someone on GAF suggested which has been interesting so far. Instead of spamming Elemental Arrow (Lightning Ball) and Smokescreening anytime anyone gets near me, I've switched to Cluster Shot with the Rune where it drops grenades and does Fire damage. Then to up my Hatred regen to support that I've switched to the Bat (for 3 Hatred Regen/sec), and Entangling shot with the Rune that regens 6 Hatred per shot. I'm still on the fence about Entangling shot; with this setup being able to slow enemies is very useful, but it's slower and does less damage than Hungering Arrow. Also I dropped Caltrops for Gloom, with the Rune that blocks 65% of damage while it's active. So essentially I go into combat and with full Hatred I can get off two Cluster Arrows which will pretty much kill any normal mobs, and if it doesn't or I'm fighting Elites I'm regening Hatred like a motherfucker, and I pop Gloom which will allow me to tank maybe half of the Elites out there. And with Gloom active you get 20% of damage dealt back as health, so if I pop a Cluster Shot I'm doing 60k+ on normal and 130k+ on a crit so I'm healing fast. Then I still keep Smoke Screen for when that's not an option or it goes bad.

I'm still dying (that's the DH way), but this is a fairly interesting build. What the other guy is doing which supports this much better is he's got his natural crit chance at 30%+ and has max discipline + discipline regen with the Natalya set which makes all of that much easier. Additionally with his natural crit he can drop Sharpshooter and he picks up the Passive that reduces the discipline costs of the Cluster Shot grenades, and I think maybe ups their damage or something else as well. I'm not sure that I'm going to roll with this forever, but it is interesting. Without having his setup it's probably not quite as reliable as Elemental Arrow, but I'm doing HUGE bursts of damage in like 1-2 seconds. Also Entangling Shot is much more useful when playing in groups, so there's that as well.

How ya doing, buddy?

Tags
basically, get equipment in order to get equipment, keep flogging that horse, not one shit was given

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] NOBDYH GVIE S A SHIT ABOUT DIABLO IIII