Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

I suck at talking to people
Closed Thread

Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Jun 9, 2007, 09:58 PM Local time: Jun 9, 2007, 08:58 PM #1 of 43
I can strike up a conversation with just about anyone, but it always feels a little awkward at first if I don't know the person. Usually I have to be in a really jovial mood and they have to do something to acknowledge me first in some way or another. For example, this lady I was standing in line behind in Wal-Mart told me I could go in front of her and stow some groceries in her cart until I got to checkout, cause I had like 15 things in my ARMS, and she had 3 in her cart. Doesn't speak highly of my planning skills or intelligence, but anyway. So I said thanks, commented on how the speedy checkout lanes are ALWAYS the SLOWEST, and she laughed and agreed. That led to "do you live around here, or you just passing through?" and she revealed she lived on the hill about a mile away from my apartment building. So I chatted about that for a while, then about the show I perform in, then I walked away. It was groovy.

I can't really give any advice other than GO FOR IT, and PAY ATTENTION. Notice what they seem to like, or whatever, and talk about it, but don't just make a stupid comment, ask them questions, because a question opens the way for THEM to carry the conversation further. Basically asking a question lets the other person do all the work - you just have to figure out what to ask.

Most amazing jew boots
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > I suck at talking to people