Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Ys III re-make for PS2

Wolfen
Crystal Hunter

Member 5956

Level 6.05

Apr 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 05:57 PM #1 of 9
Ys III re-make for PS2

I've never played the Ys games alot, mostly because I'm not willing to download them and play them as roms. And Ys VI, i've simply never played and seen a lot of bad reviews of.

Anyway, I've always loved the music, and when I saw this:
http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Produ...iii_wanderers/

I got pretty excited, and now I wonder what has happened with that game, has it come to the U.S yet? Was it ever translated? If yes, where do I import it?(since I live in Sweden)
Much appreciated for replies
cya

Jam it back in, in the dark.
War, what is it all about? About who's right, or who's left?
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 06:34 PM #2 of 9
The port to PS2 was poorly received...Ys 3-5 were basically rush job ports by Taito and have been reviewed terribly. Few people even know about them. Even the music is very 'bleh' midi-transcriptions. Needless to say, it's never left Japan.

There was interest on Konami's part to bring Oath of Felghana over (which is a killer remake of Ys 3 done by Falcom), but nothing's been followed up on that. Probably won't happen until they decide to bring the game to PS2 (it's currently PC only).

Don't believe anything bad you read about Ys VI...It's an amazing game. It's just extremely old-school, the graphics aren't mind-blowing and the story isn't terribly deep (oh, and it's not high-profile, so reviewers feel inclined to rag it more than it probably deserves), but the gameplay more than makes up for it. I still play through boss rush mode when I have a half hour or so to kill.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...

Last edited by Golfdish from Hell; Dec 13, 2006 at 06:40 PM.
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 06:55 PM Local time: Dec 14, 2006, 01:55 AM #3 of 9
Who needs another remake when you can play Oath in Felghana?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SuperDK
ROBO-KY!

Member 654

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2006, 12:18 PM Local time: Dec 14, 2006, 10:18 AM #4 of 9
Wasn't Ys III received badly anyway? Like, isn't it the black sheep of the series?

I liked it though, although I never played any of the others.

Most amazing jew boots
Razikain
Flying Toaster

Member 16855

Level 4.68

Dec 2006

Old Dec 14, 2006, 05:25 PM Local time: Dec 14, 2006, 10:25 PM #5 of 9
Any Ys game that is ported to the PS2 has been considered a black sheep. Ark of Napishtim got some truly horrible reviews on PS2. I think they probably work better as pc games anyway.

I was speaking idiomatically.
"Show...a little more respect...for faerie tales..."
Wolfen
Crystal Hunter

Member 5956

Level 6.05

Apr 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 01:50 PM #6 of 9
There's another remake of Ys3, oath in felghana? Might take a look at that one in that case...

How's the music in Ys VI? The music in the Ys game is actually the sole reason why I've gotten interested in the series, hasn't happened in any other game actually?

EDIT: Maybe someone could tell me which Ys-games that are available for import to ps2, which are good and where can I buy these (or morelike, one of em)? Would be much appreciated, I'm beginning to like the series more and more!

EDIT2: ...anyone who wants to help me?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Wolfen; Jan 4, 2007 at 01:03 PM.
Wolfen
Crystal Hunter

Member 5956

Level 6.05

Apr 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 08:59 AM #7 of 9
Please?

FELIPE NO
seanne
²°°

Member 69

Level 35.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 09:35 AM Local time: Feb 8, 2007, 04:35 PM #8 of 9
The music in Ys VI is good, as is the game.

The only Ys release for the PS2 that's been localized in the west is Ys VI. Then there are the Taito made remakes of Ys III and Ys IV. The Ys III remake seems to be more or less a straight port with bumped-up graphics and so - as apposed to Oath in Felghana. And their Ys IV release seems to be some sort of combination of the SNES game Ys IV: Mask of the Sun and the PC Engine's Ys IV: Dawn of Ys. Eitherway, neither have been translated.

You can pick up Ys VI at dvdboxoffice for example. (just make sure you can play imports first =p)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
kainlightwind
Good Chocobo

Member 120

Level 17.77

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2007, 03:58 AM Local time: Feb 11, 2007, 02:58 AM #9 of 9
I have recently been playing Ys: The Oath in Felghana, which is indeed a true remake of Ys: III. The music is done very well as a remix. Also I've been playing a little of Ys: Origin. Which is just as fun. If you're a Ys fan, I recommend you get these. Also there is a translation patch in the works for Felghana which is in beta testing. So I'm sure it will be released soon.

Don't bother with the PS2 version of Ys: III. Crappy. Ark is good game to go by with the PS2 but that's about it. The rest are PC games that you'll have to work around just a little. Which involves setting your regional settings to Japanese just to play the games. Also, I'd recommend getting a PS2 control adapter for your PC.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Ys III re-make for PS2