Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Yet Another 9/11 Movie...

Ayre
Wark!

Member 1736

Level 2.50

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 01:09 AM Local time: May 17, 2006, 01:09 AM #1 of 7
Yet Another 9/11 Movie...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/wtc/

Link goes to the trailer for another 9/11 movie coming out this August called... wait for it... World Trade Center.

This is absolutely disgusting. Every Hollywood producer and director probably saw the news that morning and said "You know, this would make a great movie someday...".

Jam it back in, in the dark.
PUG1911
I expected someone like you. What did you expect?

Member 2001

Level 17.98

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 01:24 AM #2 of 7
How is this different than every other movie/book/etc. made about every other tragedy?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.
3.1 inches of glory

Member 4123

Level 28.07

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 01:40 AM Local time: May 16, 2006, 11:40 PM #3 of 7
You gotta hand it to an orchestra, no matter what the subject, no matter how lame or cheesy, they can give anyone goosebumps.

Also why not? It would've happened eventually, at least like this it wont turn into a 3 hour love epic like Pearl Harbor became.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 02:07 AM Local time: May 17, 2006, 02:07 AM #4 of 7
Its another 9/11 movie but the other two focused on flight 93, not the perspective of the people on the ground.

Got to say this movie looks very good. Nicholas Cage looks to be great it in it, and Oliver Stone looks very much capable of doing this by the trailer

I think crying or tearing will be inevitable throughout the movie.

How ya doing, buddy?
evergreen
Bullet in the Head

Member 828

Level 19.83

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 02:12 AM Local time: May 17, 2006, 12:12 AM #5 of 7
The guy from Crash whose daughter gets shot is in this, and so is the guy from Hostel and crazy/beautiful. I saw the trailer in German.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 02:14 AM #6 of 7
Look...making films about this is fine...10 or 20 yrs down the road. This is like picking at a wound that hasn't healed yet. Films like Pearl Harbor, Schindler's List...were things that were over 40 yrs ago, and they are here to introduce the new generation of things that have happened in the past. This event was only six years ago, come on people...we haven't forgotten this damn day at all, so why do we have to re-create it?? This should be something that should be for our children, so you can say to them "You see that? I was there when that happened".

That's my problem with these 9/11 movies. Oh, and hollywood loves making money off of people's misery, so there ya go.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
XtremeDJW
Chocobo

Member 3625

Level 10.03

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 05:00 AM Local time: May 17, 2006, 10:00 AM #7 of 7
Originally Posted by SCHNEE-1
Look...making films about this is fine...10 or 20 yrs down the road. This is like picking at a wound that hasn't healed yet. Films like Pearl Harbor, Schindler's List...were things that were over 40 yrs ago, and they are here to introduce the new generation of things that have happened in the past. This event was only six years ago, come on people...we haven't forgotten this damn day at all, so why do we have to re-create it?? This should be something that should be for our children, so you can say to them "You see that? I was there when that happened".
I'm sure they made WWII films pretty quick sharp after 1945.

From looking at that trailer no doubt I'll be shedding a few tears when I see it.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Yet Another 9/11 Movie...