Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Past or Future

The Burniator
Banned

Member 7974

Level 7.02

Jun 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 09:37 AM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 08:37 AM #1 of 34
Past or Future

I've searched if there was already a thread like this but I didn't find one. So if you found a time machine would you go back to the past or the future? If I found a time machine I'd go to the future, you can always read about the past but you're not going to be around long enough to see all the things that are going to happen in the future.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 09:40 AM #2 of 34
I'd go back to the past and re-do some things I messed up on the first time around. There's no WAY I'd go to the future. Just think how old I'd be! I might even be dead. Forget that.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
starslight
if you want blood

Member 275

Level 17.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 09:47 AM #3 of 34
I'd go 100 years into the future, where everyone I know now would be dead.

I'd get to start over where I'd never made a bad impression on anyone, and possibly fulfill my dream of becoming a space marine.

How ya doing, buddy?
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 09:52 AM #4 of 34
I would mostly go a few years into the past to just to not mess up on a few classes that did poorly in. Other than that, I wouldn't go any further back and I won't go into the future. I don't want to know what's going on there.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 09:53 AM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 09:53 PM #5 of 34
I will go to the past and want to meet these persons, hopefully they speak english:
-Jesus Christ
-Leonardo da Vinci
-Mozart
-Bach
-Chopin
-Hitler
-Thomas Hobbes

And I want to see the world's end. I want to go 5 billion years by now, where the earth will die soon. I wonder if there is still human left in our planet.

I was speaking idiomatically.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
The Burniator
Banned

Member 7974

Level 7.02

Jun 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 09:58 AM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 08:58 AM #6 of 34
Originally Posted by eriol
And I want to see the world's end. I want to go 5 billion years by now, where the earth will die soon. I wonder if there is still human left in our planet.
The sun is probably going to blow up around that time.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
YeOldeButchere
Smoke. Peat. Delicious.

Member 246

Level 21.94

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 10:01 AM #7 of 34
The future, obviously. Aside from me not being a big fan of the Black Death, among others, it's somewhat more likely that if I don't like where I end up, I'll be able to come back. Plus I get to steal future technology, come back in the present, use it to take over the world, and possibly destroy the entire universe in the process because of some time paradox. But it's as they say, no pain, no gain.

Alternatively, there's always the classic "Kill Hitler" which could be interesting.

FELIPE NO
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 10:31 AM #8 of 34
Future:

- I couldn't stand not living in today's technologically advanced world, if I were to go in the past. I would be curious to see how much more we could possibly invent.
- This sounds silly, but after watching Fate Stay Night, I would rather let the past rest in peace. No point in trying to redo anything for me, however much I'd want to.
- My view is that history will always force the past upon us, so I'll leave it in textbooks, rather than experience it firsthand.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 01:04 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 10:04 AM #9 of 34
I'd probably want to go a few years back in the past. At least I know what to expect from the past and how the world is, but I probably couldn't say the same about the future.

Gecko3
Good Chocobo

Member 991

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 02:12 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 02:12 PM #10 of 34
While I would like to visit the past, I'm more interested in the future. I want to see what life on Earth is like, say, 500, then 5,000, then 500,000, and finally 10 million years from now. Assuming we haven't wiped each other out via nuclear war or some other weapon of mass destruction, we will probably be pretty advanced and will probably have technology to visit other star systems (and that'd be something I would want to do in the future, visit the stars or even galaxies if that's feasible and see what lies out there).

Also, would we still look like the way we do today? Or will we have evolved into something else entirely by that point? Or I wonder if I'd have to jump another 3 billion years ahead to see.

And yeah, our sun won't blow up, as it's not massive enough. Yeah it's big, but I think only stars that glow blue or white are massive enough to explode (and you don't want to be around those, cause their so big they'd reach the orbit of Jupiter if you were to replace our sun with it in this solar system. Not only that, they only live for a few million years before they exhaust their fuel supply and explode, compared to our sun's billions of years).

It's a big universe out there, and our sun is only one of trillions of other stars, and our galaxy is only one of billions out there. Hopefully someday we'll be able to explore the farthest reaches of the galaxy to see what's out there (and hopefully we don't run into any alien civilization that's more advanced than us and wipes us out in the process).

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 02:17 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 02:17 AM #11 of 34
Originally Posted by Gecko3
Also, would we still look like the way we do today? Or will we have evolved into something else entirely by that point? Or I wonder if I'd have to jump another 3 billion years ahead to see.
This is interesting point. I thought we, homo sapiens are the final form of evolution. Perhaps we have evolved to another heavenly being or we are ceased to exist because we couldnt cope with the global warming and numerous disaster which (might) brought the end of humanity. I wonder if there is still nature's selection up today.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
daguuy
I am IronMan

Member 3545

Level 6.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 02:33 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 01:33 PM #12 of 34
i'd go back a few decades to see what's up but not do anything to screw up the space time continuum. then i'd go to the future and do whatever the hell i want, i want to see what it's gonna be like a few hundred years from now.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Dee
Dive for your memory

Member 1285

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 05:07 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 05:07 PM #13 of 34
I'd flash to the future, get winning lotto numbers, flash back to present and become a millionaire.

Borg1982
One to be born...

Member 31

Level 20.43

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 06:21 PM #14 of 34
I'd goto the past because I want to see all of the things that I used to do at the time - and some of those things (like video games) would be brand new. I'd love to goto 1990's Funcoland and buy games!!!!

Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 06:24 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 11:24 PM #15 of 34
I'd probably go to the past. I couldn't deal with the uncertainty of the future; what happens if you arrive and discover everything is dead and gone? I'm not sure where in the past I would visit. Probably the 60's.

How ya doing, buddy?
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 06:26 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 06:26 PM #16 of 34
I'd go back in time and make President Ford fall down some stairs in front of the press. Would be pretty embarassing!

Mission: Success

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 07:38 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 01:38 AM #17 of 34
Both!

Past - To see what life was like before the TV and internet

Future - Have a look at the technology to see how it is going to progress from todays technology, and also to see how i'm getting on.

Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 07:46 PM #18 of 34
Past, I need to tell my younger self to get a life and a back bone. There's so much I'd do over, so many people I'd yell at, plus maybe I can stop that damn Boy Band trend/fad thing from starting.

Baaah~
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 07:57 PM #19 of 34
I would use it to browse the future. Stopping at notable moments. World ending, oil ending, wars starting, inventions being made, shit like that.

How ya doing, buddy?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 08:15 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 06:15 PM #20 of 34
What's with the time traveling thread? Anyway, I've often wished I could go back to the past and do stuff differently (not sure if "going to the past" means I'm still the me in the past or if I'm me from the future as another body in the past..., but whatever). But I think now I'd avoid it as I'm done with everything already and wouldn't want to bother anymore. So yeah, kinda what Burniate-man said, I'll check out the future.

Most amazing jew boots
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
the quiet fox
World Fabricator

Member 2058

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 08:17 PM #21 of 34
No way I'd go into the future. I'm not sure I could deal with a sudden, instant knowledge of everything that will happen to me and others, especially if it turns out to be less than pleasant.

So I'd go into the past. I'm not sure how far; enough that I could take a look at a simpler life without so much dominant technological advance. Part of me desires that sort of existence, albeit a romanticized version of it. (And the other part of me that would wither and die without a computer can take comfort in the fact I could come back whenever I felt like it.)

Maybe I'd make a stop in the early 80s. I could go to a Duran Duran concert and be like WOOOOOO I LOVE YOU SIMON without feeling like a complete idiot. Oh wait. You didn't hear that!

1 2 3 4, get down, get down...
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 08:24 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 06:24 PM #22 of 34
Originally Posted by the quiet fox
Maybe I'd make a stop in the early 80s. I could go to a Duran Duran concert and be like WOOOOOO I LOVE YOU SIMON without feeling like a complete idiot. Oh wait. You didn't hear that!
Oh true! I change my stance then. Into the past I go. I'll attend concerts that I may have been too young or not even born for. I'd get legendary video games and systems in their complete awesomeness. I would also bring my computer because it would kick the asses of any other computer of the past. I'll do whatever else it takes to get a WTF expression out of earth's population.

waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Cobra Commander
Gots to Dominate!

Member 7345

Level 13.25

May 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 09:59 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 04:59 PM #23 of 34
I think I would zip on over to the future to see when we invent those damn flying cars!

FELIPE NO
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 11:14 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 09:14 PM #24 of 34
I would like to travel to both past and the future however I would like to be only an observer, assuming I'm safe from all bodily harm. I'd just like to see what happened and what will happen. I have nothing I would tell my past self, and there is nothing for me to gain by going into the future and bringing it back to the present. I'd like to just experience the future as it happens.

tanisari
Putting the Universe in its Place

Member 2152

Level 4.68

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 11:29 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2006, 10:29 PM #25 of 34
I'd go to the relatively-recent past so that I could have a beer with Gottlob Frege. Afterward I'd kill him and cut him up into small pieces to store in jars underneath my bed, for safekeeping.

(<3 Frege.)

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Past or Future