Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] What should be made for the DS?

RPG Maker
Lost Dreamer

Member 342

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 06:50 PM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 06:50 PM #1 of 61
What should be made for the DS?

What game or add-on would you like to see be made for the DS?

Super Smash Bros. DS:
I would like a DS version of Super Smash Bros. Being able to play the game anywhere would be nice and also you should be able to play online with other people. Also be able to use the wifi connection so people near can play with one game card.

Graphing Calculator DS:
Another thing I want to be made is a Graphing Calculator for the DS. Some people need for school and those kind of Calculator cost alot so being made into a game card.

Whats thing do you want to be made for the DS?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by RPG Maker; Nov 30, 2006 at 02:53 AM.
Borg1982
One to be born...

Member 31

Level 20.43

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 09:43 PM #2 of 61
Shining Force DS -- my favorite strategy series!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 09:47 PM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 08:47 PM #3 of 61
Originally Posted by Borg1982
God help me, but I agree with Borg. Shining Force DS would be great. Even a remake of II would be golden.

Also, Dragon Force DS.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 09:51 PM #4 of 61
Originally Posted by Borg1982
Oh god.

Are you serious?

Have you even seen what Sonic Team has done lately?

At this point in time, I'd rather see Shining Force remain in the depths obscurity until Sonic Team hires people that aren't 10 year olds who think they can make a game.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 09:52 PM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 08:52 PM #5 of 61
Originally Posted by Merv Burger
Oh god.

Are you serious?

At this point in time, I'd rather see Shining Force remain in the depths obscurity until Sonic Team hires people that aren't 10 year olds who think they can make a game.
Ya, mate. A good remake would be nice. We're talking about perfect situations here, not the shoddy bit that is the current reality of Sonic team.

I was speaking idiomatically.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 10:49 PM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 04:49 PM #6 of 61
Earthbound. They don't even need to add anything -- just port it. The game isn't heavy on any resources and it's aged pretty well. Since they aren't going to release Mother 3 outside of japan it'd be a nice thought.

Also, Final Fantasy Tactics. Not the FFTA rubbish we played a few years ago, but the original game. I'm pretty sure the DS could handle it even though the maps are in 3D.

Oh and Vectorman for DS would be nice. If this was 2005, I'd say Front Mission as well. But thankfully they're making a Front Mission DS for us.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
StarmanDX
Muad'Dib!

Member 354

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 11:35 PM Local time: Nov 29, 2006, 10:35 PM #7 of 61
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Tetrisphere. Come on, the DS was practically made for this game. Nintendo should own the rights now that H2O Entertainment is gone, no?

FELIPE NO

Bless the Maker and His water. Bless the coming and the going of Him.

cubed
Knock knock who's there? Me! I keel you!

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Nov 29, 2006, 11:50 PM #8 of 61
Adventures of Lolo. A new adventure, using DS hardware to make new puzzle. Lala has still managed to get kidnapped again. I can dream.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

---------------{ Currently playing }--
... Nothing.... really.

-----------------------{ Last rips }--
Trauma Center New Blood (Wii)
Trauma Center Second Opinion (Wii)
Planet Puzzle League (DS)

---{ Currently in ripping progress }--
Dragoneer's Aria (PSP)
Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS)

-----------{ Other stuffs about me }--
My VGM Collection
(last update: mar. 03, 2008)

--------------------------------------
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 02:40 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 03:40 PM #9 of 61
DS is not for shoddy ports of strategy rpgs! DS is the future! It's for new games. Starman at least wants to incorperate the touchscreen.

addressing RPG Maker's orignal ideas:
Smash Bros.
No.
I don't know why people keep suggesting Smash Bros games for the DS and or GBA, it won't work. Smash Bros, it's entire gameplay revolves around the "smash" that is, tapping the joystick quickly to execue jumps, sprinting and the smash attacks. Smash Bros is basically the first fighting game to be designed and work better with analog controls and taking those away would be a disaster.

Graphic Calculator
YES!
This would be great! I don't have my graphing calculator anymore, I think I gave it to my sister or something for her to finsih up school with but I find I need to use one every now and then. A Graphic Calculator app would be fantastic and a super way to get DS into more high schools which would be awesome. The screen would also kick the shit out of every calculator screen ever and the touch screen would be e far quicker and user firendly way to navigate around.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by RABicle; Nov 30, 2006 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Holy shit. Fixed opposite of intened meaning in first sentance.
Borg1982
One to be born...

Member 31

Level 20.43

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 02:42 AM #10 of 61
Originally Posted by Merv Burger
Oh god.

Are you serious?

Scratch my idea. Camelot started the Shining series. I'd like to see any
Camelot-made RPG for the DS.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 03:10 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 12:10 AM #11 of 61
Originally Posted by StarmanDX
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Tetrisphere. Come on, the DS was practically made for this game. Nintendo should own the rights now that H2O Entertainment is gone, no?
OOHHHHHH. Nominating Starman for every GFF award including hottest female, brb.

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 03:41 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 06:41 PM #12 of 61
YES. Tetrisphere had the greatest music ever. A new one would be best. Also where's a new Kirby's Dreamcourse Nintendo hoooooly shiiiiiit.

It'd work so well on DS. And there would be sexy online, and everyone would hit eachother onto spike traps. Much joy. And Pokemon Snap, where's that? WHERE IS IT? It's not on DS where it should be. They've made what, seven hundred thousand Pokemon spin-off games for the thing so far, but the only one that matters and would make so much sense heads would explode isn't on it. POKEMON SNAP. THROW APPLES AT SNORLAX.

And pinball games in general. Pretty sad that the only one so far is Metroid Pinball. As good as it is, there's only like two bloody tables. Revenge of the Gator DS plz. ALSO POKEMON PINBALL. THE OTHER ONLY SPIN-OFF THAT MATTERS.

Last edited by Infernal Monkey; Nov 30, 2006 at 03:45 AM.
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 04:00 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 10:00 PM #13 of 61
Originally Posted by Infernal Monkey
This brings back a few memories of some old favorite games which should be made for the DS.

Snake Rattle 'n' Roll. How I'd see it is like this: you use the touchscreen to control rattle or roll, and you use the L trigger (or dpad) to shot tongue. Touching the screen twice quickly would make him jump.

It's quite a plausible idea, actually. The game's quite long and quite addictive, and definitely one of my favorite Megadrive games of all time. They might want to do a remake or something though, or include both NES and Megadrive versions, or something. It'd be so nice.

Second game which comes to mind is Q-Bert otherwise known as MOTHERFUCKING @!#?@!

It's outdated as hell, but this was one of my most played SNES games. It could be incorporated into the touchscreen for movement and that's all you really need. Much like Snake, it's hella addictive.

There's literally shitloads of 16bit games which could be remade into DS titles.

Last edited by Elixir; Nov 30, 2006 at 04:02 AM.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 04:03 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 03:03 AM #14 of 61
Originally Posted by Infernal Monkey
YES. Tetrisphere had the greatest music ever. A new one would be best. Also where's a new Kirby's Dreamcourse Nintendo hoooooly shiiiiiit.

It'd work so well on DS. And there would be sexy online, and everyone would hit eachother onto spike traps. Much joy. And Pokemon Snap, where's that? WHERE IS IT? It's not on DS where it should be. They've made what, seven hundred thousand Pokemon spin-off games for the thing so far, but the only one that matters and would make so much sense heads would explode isn't on it. POKEMON SNAP. THROW APPLES AT SNORLAX.

And pinball games in general. Pretty sad that the only one so far is Metroid Pinball. As good as it is, there's only like two bloody tables. Revenge of the Gator DS plz. ALSO POKEMON PINBALL. THE OTHER ONLY SPIN-OFF THAT MATTERS.
As good as REVENGE OF THE GATOR was, it's not KIRBY'S PINBALL LAND, which is mindBLOWING. EXPLODING, even. You know. Boom bang zap kapow. That sort of shit.

Also we need a sticker printer like the gameboy printer for Pokemon Snap DS so we don't have to go to Blockbuster and pay a jillion dollars for a small sheet of stickers.

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 04:13 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 12:13 PM #15 of 61
I wouldn't mind seeing a DS version of Linerider, but even a good traditional Mana game would be nice ;_;

That said, Startropics. I mean holy shit come on. None of that "we'll just update it for the next gen with puke polygon graffix", but acttually make good use of the DS' awesome 2D capabilities and if possible, even include a classic mode, with original graphics. Best would be being able to select the look on the fly, with being able to play the same save game regardless of graphics type.

And where's my Stunt Race FX 2, Nintendo? ;_; That game seems to have become the single most overlooked awesome SNES game, ever since everyone started playing emulators. "haha, Wildtrax? What the hell is that!"

FELIPE NO

Old Nov 30, 2006, 04:28 AM #16 of 61
Qwarky fails to include DS version of Cave Story in his post b/c PSP doesn't deserve such an awesome game. >=|

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 04:39 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 12:39 PM #17 of 61
You'd think the ava/sig set was self-explanatory >=|

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Old Nov 30, 2006, 04:40 AM #18 of 61
The ava/sig set along with not mentioning it is what makes it worse! >:U

How ya doing, buddy?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 04:42 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 12:42 PM #19 of 61
No, it's a mention in itself, you fool. Now get back to playing Stunt Race FX, you tool >=0

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 04:50 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 07:50 PM #20 of 61
I can't believe I forgot about Kirby's Pinball Land. That game was fantastic. Especially one mini-game where you had to knock food into another Kirby's mouth or something. Eat everything Kirby, eeevvveerrything!

Also Linerider, Stunt Race FX and Snake Rattle 'N Roll = <3
COMBINE ALL OF THEM INTO ONE GAME!

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 04:51 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 03:51 AM #21 of 61
Holy hot damn, I just got the best idea EVER.

UNIRACERS DS.

Keep it exactly the same as the other game as far as gameplay goes. Nothing dumb with the tricks or nothing. Same great tunes and tracks and everything. FLAWLESS.

Not much touch screen functionality, you'd think, right? WRONG. TRACK EDITOR. YES. YES THE STYLUS TO MAKE FUCKING TRACKS. AND THEN...

SHARE THEM OVER WIFI, and PLAY OTHER PEOPLE ON THEM. Oh God. Imagine it. YES.

I have the best ideas ever.

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 06:22 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 12:22 AM #22 of 61
Originally Posted by Colonel Skills
UNIRACERS DS.
Yeah I thought about this while replying previously, but since the PSP can't even handle Uniracers properly, the DS definitely can't. It's one of those games which uses resources like nothing else. We're talking 5 fps in menus.

Unless they somehow dumb the version down, but it's bound to lose it's charm in the process.

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 06:34 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 02:34 PM #23 of 61
Originally Posted by Megalixir
Yeah I thought about this while replying previously, but since the PSP can't even handle Uniracers properly, the DS definitely can't. It's one of those games which uses resources like nothing else. We're talking 5 fps in menus.

Unless they somehow dumb the version down, but it's bound to lose it's charm in the process.
You're also talking emulation as opposed to software created for the platform itself. Play Mario Advance on the DS and then the rom of the same game on the DS through an emulator and you're bound to notice the difference.

FELIPE NO

Old Nov 30, 2006, 06:38 AM #24 of 61
Dude, you're talking about emulation. Skills is talking about having the same game but built ground up with code for the DS. It would run fine. Oh, also it would be quite awesome. Nintendo needs to come up with great ideas like this more often. I think Uniracers and Echo the Dolphin or two of the most obtuse game concepts every created.

Oh lol sup Q? ='D

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 30, 2006, 06:40 AM Local time: Nov 30, 2006, 03:40 AM #25 of 61
Uniracers was a sexy game. FZero, but with UNICYCLES.

Ecco the Dolphin is on VC now. <3

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] What should be made for the DS?