Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] J-Pop: An Introduction (and discussion)

GoDoFCh33se
Ch33se

Member 9059

Level 2.00

Jun 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 02:23 AM Local time: Jul 11, 2006, 12:23 AM #251 of 609
is it justt me or has ayumihamasakisekai.no-ip.org been down for a couple of days. anyone know whats going on?

How ya doing, buddy?
the quiet fox
World Fabricator

Member 2058

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 05:14 AM #252 of 609
Originally Posted by GoDoFCh33se
is it justt me or has ayumihamasakisekai.no-ip.org been down for a couple of days. anyone know whats going on?
You can get to the forums using http://www.ahsforum.com. In fact, I didn't know there was any other way to do so.

(I hope this is what you're asking about, anyway. )

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
1 2 3 4, get down, get down...
Flara
yours only

Member 4638

Level 10.40

Apr 2006

Old Jul 11, 2006, 01:54 PM #253 of 609
weeeee I just watched Sowelu's newest PV, Mamoru Beki Mono, and I really like the song. It's nice to hear a nice slow song from Sowelu once in a while after the Heads or Tails collaboration album came out.

And I'm currently listen to Koda Kumi's 4 hot wave. I like I'll be there, JUICY makes me wanna get up and grind someone (hahaha...), Ningyo I'm not too crazy about... With Your Smile is the typical Koda Kumi dance song, almost like CHASE, Koi no Tsubomi and Birthday Eve

Also, I just watched UVERworld's NEWEST PV called SHAMROCK. It's really different from all the other singles and the PVs cuz number 1) There's OTHER PEOPLE IN THE PV!!! Like you get to see girls and guys, not just one girl but a whole bunch of them with guys 2) the melody and feel of the song is different from the usual rhythm UVERworld portrays like in d-technolife, Chance! and Just Melody. It's really different especially right after the Colors of the Heart single but nonetheless, I STILL LIKE IT!!!!

*pokes this thread* why is it so dead all of the sudden?

edit//

I'm crazy about Shuji to Akira's Seishun Amigo (I know I'm kinda late since it was released in October 2005) but Shuji is suppose to be Kamenashi Kazuya from KAT-TUN and Akira is supposed to be Yamashita Tomohisa from NewS. This song is the ending theme song to the j-drama, Nobuta wo Produce. This song is nice though, me like me like... the singing isn't bad. I think both Kame and Yamapi did a great job (even though both of them aren't great singers... But they're HELLA GREAT ACTORS!!!)

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Flara; Jul 11, 2006 at 01:58 PM.
rollstorm
Looking For My Night Bright Knight

Member 8680

Level 2.62

Jun 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 06:38 AM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 07:38 PM #254 of 609
Question

ah i wonder if anyone who knows an anime called<Air>.I don't think the anime is good enough but it's music,really really excellent!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 06:48 AM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 07:48 PM #255 of 609
I love Nami Tamaki, oh my god Her new Album Speciality was awesome, although i found some of her songs too much repetetive and has the same thing over and over, but as i said its a good album, and its pretty much a "happy" kind of album.

FELIPE NO
Hiro
Rie Kugimiya

Member 2329

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 07:01 AM #256 of 609
Originally Posted by rollstorm
ah i wonder if anyone who knows an anime called<Air>.I don't think the anime is good enough but it's music,really really excellent!
Yes, I do know of AIR. The opening, insert, and ending tracks are all sung by Lia and the music is composed by I'VE. I don't follow Lia, so am unsure as to what activities' she's been up to, if any, but that's not to say that any of the three tracks she sang for AIR was poor, in fact, they were all excellent in my opinion.

Most amazing jew boots
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 07:28 AM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 12:28 PM #257 of 609
You do follow GARNET CROW though so I'm sure you're aware their 22nd and 23rd singles are on the horizon - mid-August and early September respectively.

Also, MAY has her third Japanese single coming out. It's called "SURRENDER" and the coupling track will be a Japanese version of a song from the Korean version of "Wonderland" called "LYDIA".

And for those people who have been living in cave recently, Koda Kumi is releasing her 32nd single on the 26th July, called "4 hot wave", which has seven tracks, though three of those are an intro, outro and interlude.

How ya doing, buddy?
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 07:55 AM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 08:55 PM #258 of 609
I'm so out of the J-pop circle these days. Busy with school and stuff

There's nowhere I can't reach.
soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 11:12 AM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 10:12 AM #259 of 609
Originally Posted by OmagnusPrime
And for those people who have been living in cave recently, Koda Kumi is releasing her 32nd single on the 26th July, called "4 hot wave", which has seven tracks, though three of those are an intro, outro and interlude.
4 hot wave isn't that bad. The only song I didn't warm up to at first was JUICY, but I think I like it kinda better now that I've listened to it a couple of times. The PV is a typical slut!Kumi romp, but it's just funny at the same time because it's so provocative. It's more provocative than SHAKE IT.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Hiro
Rie Kugimiya

Member 2329

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 02:34 PM #260 of 609
You do follow GARNET CROW though so I'm sure you're aware their 22nd and 23rd singles are on the horizon - mid-August and early September respectively.
Ahahaha. I was actually not aware of this, OP, so thanks a ton for the heads-up. I didn't think that they would pull a fast one on me like this by releasing two more singles right after having releasing one in July...not that I'm complaining or anything!

I guess I'll have to lay down my orders on Amazon.co.jp...

Synthesis
Southern Cross

Member 257

Level 25.84

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 07:49 PM Local time: Jul 14, 2006, 06:49 PM #261 of 609
News from the J-R&B/Hip-hop scene.

Heartsdales, announced they are breaking up to pursue their careers further as solo artists. Although I am disappointed that this has happened, I am hopeful that both Yumi (Rum) and Emi (Jewels) will continue to make great music.

On July 12th, Heartsdales released their, THE BEST OF Heartsdales "THE LEGEND" CD+DVD compilation album. The CD contains their music tracks while the DVD correlatively contains the music video for each track respectively.

I recommend this album to anyone with even the slightest interest in J-R&B/Hip-Hop.

Flara
yours only

Member 4638

Level 10.40

Apr 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 01:33 AM #262 of 609
woohoo! i revived the thread! hahaha...

ahem...

uhh let's see...

HEARTSDALES IS BREAKING UP????? aww... then what's the point of having Jewls and Rum seperate if they're amazing together?? i am disappointed...

UVERworld will be releasing their 5th single, SHAMROCK, on August 1. The first Press Edition includes a DVD weeeeee

I'm gonna smack myself.. I forgot to mention about Sowelu's 3rd album!!! It was released on July 12, 2006. The album is called 24-Twenty Four.

Tracklist

1) Dear Friend
2) Crazy For You
3) Mamoru Beki Mono
4) Tomorrow
5) Smaile Again
6) Dance
7) Flyer
8) Cry
9) Let's Go Far Away
10) Kimi no Kehai
11) Without you
12) Pride
13) To You

I love Sowelu!!!

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 04:19 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 09:19 PM #263 of 609
You'll have to let us know how Sowelu's new album is. I bought "Sweet Bridge", mainly because I rather liked her debut album and felt bad not having bought anything of hers, and plus I hoped it would be as good. I felt it wasn't necessarily as good, but still a pretty solid album. I'd certainly be interested to hear her 3rd, maybe I'll pick it up when I'm out there.

Oh, and, I'm deifnitely attending Asami Konno's graduation. At least that's what I've been told as I've been informed we now have tickets for the event. Should f-ing rock. I'm so excited right now. ^^

FELIPE NO
Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 05:36 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 04:36 PM #264 of 609
Get lots of pics and vids plz.

How ya doing, buddy?

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery
Elrasiel
Take A Last Stand - X3

Member 4186

Level 13.65

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 05:58 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 02:58 PM #265 of 609
Does anyone know when Namie Amuro is going to release her next album?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 06:20 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 11:20 PM #266 of 609
Originally Posted by Dhsu
Get lots of pics and vids plz.
Of what, Konkon's graduation? Given their pretty strict policy of no cameras I imagine that's not going to be likely.

As for a new Namie album, still not for a little while. She's only had two singles since her last album, and whilst that was about a year ago now I imagine it'll be at least one single more before you hear mention of a new album.

Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 06:36 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 05:36 PM #267 of 609
Of what, Konkon's graduation? Given their pretty strict policy of no cameras I imagine that's not going to be likely.
That's what *hidden* cameras are for.

Flara
yours only

Member 4638

Level 10.40

Apr 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 01:08 AM #268 of 609
You'll have to let us know how Sowelu's new album is. I bought "Sweet Bridge", mainly because I rather liked her debut album and felt bad not having bought anything of hers, and plus I hoped it would be as good. I felt it wasn't necessarily as good, but still a pretty solid album. I'd certainly be interested to hear her 3rd, maybe I'll pick it up when I'm out there.
I LOVE IT!!!!
EVERY TRACK IS AMAZING!!!
And I'm dead serious!!! I'll personally talk about every song from track 1 to track 13

1) Dear Friend
This is the opening theme song for a J-drama, and it's such a happy-go-lucky song, it makes me all giddy when listening to it. I saw the PV and it's really cute!! It's really unlike all the Sweet Bridge PVs but it's definitely a really cute cute one

2) Crazy For You
This song is like Dear Friend but the beat is a little toned down. It's a good song, just listening to the lyrics, it's different from all the other songs titled as "Crazy For You." This Crazy For You is like a mature version without having high BPMs and all that bass. I like the melody a lot, it's nice to bob my head to it cuz that's how much I'm enjoying this song!!!

3) Mamoru Beki Mono
This song has got to be my most favorite song in the WHOLE ENTIRE ALBUM!!!! It's a slow slow song, it makes me think about happy things, like my family, friends and co-workers XD. Sowelu's singing makes it even greater because she has this warmth in her voice which makes me feel happy when listening to it.

4) Tomorrow
The tempo of this song is like "Crazy For You." It's a good song to listen to while you're just lying down on your bed, thinking... I'm enjoying this song a lot cuz it feels happy haha. Sowelu makes me happy ^__^

5) Smaile Again
I swear, this is no typo!!! It's actually SMAILE AGAIN. I checked it out on yeasia.com, it DOES say "SMAILE Again" haha anyways, the accordion at the beginning frightened me a bit but it's a nice lil melody. It's barely noticable unless you strain to hear it throughout the song. Again, this song is enjoyable, it's a little slower than "Tomorrow" but it's perfect the way it is.

6) Dance
This song doesn't make me wanna get up and dance because this song isn't upbeat. It's enjoyable to listen to and it's different in a good way. It has a lot of the Sweet Bridge feel to it, where it is easy listening. I like it when Sowelu pronounces those English words perfectly hehe

7) Flyer
The melody feels happy haha This song makes me think of those long car rides in the country side, where you poke your head out the window and wind is blowing at you. It feels nice, just like the song.

8) Cry
Sowelu's vocals are pretty in here. I think I like it better when she gives it her all in these types of slow songs, cuz I can feel her heart pouring out and feel her emotions when singing this song. The tempo is slow but it's amazing cuz Sowelu sings so well.

9) Let's Go Far Away
This is like a summer vacation song. Let's go far away to the beach!!! I'm still enjoying this song even though it was released last year. But how can I EVER get bored of Sowelu??? I just simply can't.

10) Kimi no Kehai
This song is like "Cry." It does feel a bit more sorrowful than "Cry" but it's still a great song. With all the low tones I hear from Sowelu, it makes this song a pretty good song to listen to when you're down. "Kimi no Kehai" means "Your Sign"

11) Without you
This song is beautiful. I really like Sowelu's vocals in here and the lyrics are pretty. The tempo is slow but it's great because Sowelu's voice is meant for these types of songs.

12) Pride
I feel like singing this song haha it's different from all the tracks in the album. I dunno... but this song has this special feel to it... I can't explain it but this song is great. Makes me wanna find the lyrics so I can sing it haha

13) To You
This is a beautiful song. This was the single before Sowelu released "Dear Friend". Her vocals are beautiful in here, I just love these types of slow songs. It feels like she gives it her all. I can feel it.

All in all, this Album a wonderful creation. It's much like her first album, Geofu, but so much better. To compare 24 with Sweet bridge, I think 24 wins. Sowelu just keeps wowing me with her beautiful voice and wonderful songs. I can't get enough of her!!! Sowelu <3!!!

I think you, OP, HAVE to buy it. I'm pretty sure it's a great album to listen to when you fly back from Japan.

Elrasiel
Take A Last Stand - X3

Member 4186

Level 13.65

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 02:09 AM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 11:09 PM #269 of 609
What kind of sound does sowelu make?

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 03:26 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 08:26 AM #270 of 609
Elrasiel: Sowelu would fall under the R&B category, if you ask me.

Originally Posted by Flara
I LOVE IT!!!!
EVERY TRACK IS AMAZING!!!
Well, when JPOPSUKI reappears I may have to check it out. Either that or see if I can pick up a copy cheaply when I'm out there.

Originally Posted by Dhsu
That's what *hidden* cameras are for.
Yeah sure, except I've heard of people trying to sneak cameras in and of those caught with cameras in there and it ends up with you being thrown out. Quite frankly I'm not going to give up my chance to be in a concert for the attempt of sneaking a camera in, sorry.

Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 04:50 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 03:50 AM #271 of 609
Don't worry, I wasn't actually being serious (in case you couldn't tell). I'd never ask someone to risk being thrown out of Konkon's graduation concert. ^_^

FELIPE NO

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 05:12 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 10:12 AM #272 of 609
No worries, I had a suspicion you were joking. I'm very excited right now, been talking to the person I'm going to see and talking about things including the concert. It's going to rock so hard. Got to stock up on pink glo-sticks for the end though as they're the official colour for Konkon's graduation bit. Wheeeeeeee. ^^

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
rossbarney2003
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 5362

Level 2.12

Apr 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 06:54 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 12:54 PM #273 of 609
Originally Posted by Lolicon Desu
I love Nami Tamaki, oh my god Her new Album Speciality was awesome, although i found some of her songs too much repetetive and has the same thing over and over, but as i said its a good album, and its pretty much a "happy" kind of album.
I'm just about to listen to Nami's "Speciality" album now. I liked "Result" and "Get Wild" so i'm hoping the rest of the album is just as good.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 05:50 PM Local time: Jul 19, 2006, 02:50 PM #274 of 609
Originally Posted by The GreyFox
I'm not sure if I quite understand this sentence very well. If you're saying "Eyes On Me" was very popular in China then that's not necessarily true. It was more of a hit in Japan, and later in the year in North America (whom know her, for the most part, for this song only). It's not a surprise alot of Fayenatics dislike the song, as it's not really a Faye styled track at all. But if you meant the sentence in a way that she was popular in China (as in past tense), then that's not true. She is still extremely popular, and is a major influence to this very day in the East Asian music industry.
Quoting a older post I know, but how is it that Faye Wong has her own "style" of songs when she probably didnt write any of them, and the only songs I liked from her turned out to be covers of "Dreams" from the Cranberries and "Silent All these years" by Tori Amos? (Which by the way cause me to realise that the Canto Pop industry is full of lazy stars that won't write their own music to the point of covering famous western tracks to make them "hot". I stop listening to Faye and all Canto stuff after I discovered this)

Unless of course she has a legion of the same composers writing her songs, I don't see how the fans dislike Eyes on Me cause its not her "style" when there isn't seem to be her own style to begin with.

On a personal note, I much prefer Aki's rendition of Eyes on Me than Faye, her voice is much more powerful and projects better and she plays the piano with it too, just like Julia did in the game. Faye on the other hand probably can't project well enough that she relies on the microphone.

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :

Last edited by Kairi Li; Jul 19, 2006 at 05:56 PM.
Flara
yours only

Member 4638

Level 10.40

Apr 2006

Old Jul 22, 2006, 01:02 PM #275 of 609
uwah! i think I'm turning into a fangirl again... not just any fangirl.. but I'm really liking Yamashita Tomohisa and NewS and KAT-TUN... well anyways...

I was browsing through this forum and Yamapi is coming out with a new group called GYM, which stands for Golf, Yamapi, Mike. GOLF&MIKE is a Thai duo and I guess they're coming into the Japanese Music Industry since Johnny Kitagawa made them... meh

Well, I tried my very best to translate what yesasia had to say about the single..

Yamashita Tomohisa and the Thai duo, Golf&Mike, are uniting together as GYM with a single release. The title is called "Fever to Future" which is Fuji TV's drama, Onna no ko volley ball 'warudo' grand prix 2006 (onna no ko baareebooru waarudo guran puri 2006) theme song. Also inclues a 8 page booklet, the coupling songs, Hokago Blues, "My Angel" and Fever to Future original karaoke.

Tracklist
1) Fever to Future
2) Hokago Blues / Yamashita Tomohisa
3) Run for your love / GOLF&MIKE
4) My Angel
5) Fever to Future / Original Karaoke

that's only for the regular edition... the limited edition you don't get My Angel and The Original Karaoke tracks, but u get a secret bonus track and a DVD with the Fever to Future PV and making of plus a 12 page booklet. Both editions will be released on August 29, 2006. Such a long way to go >___<

I can't wait til UVERworld's SHAMROCK release on August 1... I'm too lazy to translate the description and romanize the song titles lolz... the kanji actually scares me...

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] J-Pop: An Introduction (and discussion)