Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Do you talk in the movies?

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:42 AM #1 of 46
Do you talk in the movies?

Come on, admit it. You talk during a movie, don't you? Do you curse loudly in public places? Spit disgusting phlegm-wads on sidewalks? Blast the music in your car so loudly that it makes all the surrounding cars vibrate? Tailgate whoever is unfortunate enough to be driving ahead of you?

We all have habits that we just know annoy others, yet we do them anyway. What do you do that you just know makes everyone want to punch you in the face?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:45 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 11:45 AM #2 of 46
I have a tendency to talk a lot in movies, depending on who I am with.

However, my friends and I usually try to alleviate the annoyance factor of this by going to the movies long after the opening of the shows, and later at night.

I also tend to correct people a lot when they get facts wrong.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Minion
Retainer

Member 21

Level 28.54

Feb 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:56 AM #3 of 46
When I'm unsure of something, I like to make sure I've exhausted every possiblity that I can think of before I feel comfortable with whatever decision I'm making or whether or not I am going to accept a piece of information. Most people see this as "arguing" but I really just don't like to accept anything that I'm not confident about or clear on.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:59 AM #4 of 46
I correct people when they mispronounce a word. Also, I volunteer to drive places so I can listen to the music that I like. Oh! I almost forgot...I am extremely critical of food that I deem to be not very tasty (this is probably due to my obsession with food), and I won't eat something just to be polite. I'll hurt someone's feelings rather than eat something I don't like.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:02 AM #5 of 46
My language gets pretty colourful now and then.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:03 AM #6 of 46
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
I correct people when they mispronounce a word. Also, I volunteer to drive places so I can listen to the music that I like.
Same for me on both of those. Bravo

However, I never ever talk at the movies. Being a film major, it's very important for me to uphold the standards of being in the theater, since so many assholes talk during the show and ruin the experience for me. Plus, it's just courteous, and if there's one place I must be courteous, it's the movie theater.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:05 AM #7 of 46
An ex friend of mine (the really controlling type) would correct people on misuse of words. It was especially annoying because she was wrong even more often than she was right and would never admit it.

FELIPE NO
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:07 AM #8 of 46
I don't do it unless I'm sure that I'm right.

How ya doing, buddy?
vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:09 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 11:09 AM #9 of 46
If I'm with my friends, I'll make jokes every now and then. Especially if it's a cliche Romantic movie.

If I'm by myself I won't talk but I eat sort of loudly. I try not to keep going to the concession stand to stop myself from doing that.

Minion
Retainer

Member 21

Level 28.54

Feb 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:10 AM #10 of 46
I don't do this, but what I really can't stand are all the people at a classical concert of some sort who are CONSTANTLY COUGHING. Seriously, there must be some kind of bacteria that is released only when someone is performing classical music that apparently half the population of the world is vulnerable to. You can't get a live recording of anything without some jerk hacking up a lung. Son of a bitch.

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:13 AM #11 of 46
Oh, man. Don't even get me started on coughers. I hate it when some lunger sits right next to me in a restaurant and hacks up phlegm-wads every two or three minutes (this happened to me a couple of nights ago).

I'm sorry if I sound unsympathetic to the plight of the mucous-filled, but really. That crap is gross.

Most amazing jew boots
SMX
Chocobo

Member 103

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:15 AM #12 of 46
If the movie is good, I don't talk a lot.

If it sucks, I act like a jackass and bust retarded jokes with my firend through the whole thing.

vuigun
meh moo.

Member 361

Level 26.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:16 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 11:16 AM #13 of 46
My Dad actually blows his nose whenever we're in a theater. And he does it, hard. I think that's even worse than coughing.

Actually, my dad is the typical person who eats, talks, and does everything that can ruin a good theater experience.

Nahual
k'iskallawankitaj mamaykipis riman

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:19 AM #14 of 46
I don't talk LOUD during movies. I might sneak in a few words to the person sitting next to me.

I go up to random people at school and say, "What up dude?" Many people don't like that...

Quiero ayudar a todos que viven en el mundo...pero empiezo contigo.

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:19 AM #15 of 46
I am constantly swearing in public. Fuck, I scream obscenities out my window at poor drivers. Swearing is so natural to me that I don't even think about the kids that may be around. "JESUS FUCKING MARY" comes out of my mouth a lot in public, which makes heads turn. ;_;

I play some music really fucking loud on the road. But I try to be somewhat considerate about it.

Interestingly enough, my smoking is probably the thing I am MOST conscientious about.

And any fuckwit who talks during a movie with me around gets some harsh words said to them. Or possibly crap thrown at them.

FELIPE NO
Nahual

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:24 AM #16 of 46
Originally Posted by Sassafrass
. "JESUS FUCKING MARY" comes out of my mouth a lot in public, which makes heads turn. ;_;

I play some music really fucking loud on the road. But I try to be somewhat considerate about it.

And any fuckwit who talks during a movie with me around gets some harsh words said to them. Or possibly crap thrown at them.
That would make my head turn.

I play some music loud, but that's only because I want the other drivers to hear my awesome music. Only at red lights. Only when I'm bored.

I applaud you. I would love to be at a movie and see something like that happen. I would make sure I was quiet the whole time though.

Most amazing jew boots

Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:28 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 12:28 PM #17 of 46
I think half the fun about talking in movies is to try and talk just enough so that any persons close by get irritated, but slightly not enough for them to react.
I have manged to walk this line rather well so far.

I'm an ass.

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:28 AM #18 of 46
Originally Posted by Nahual
That would make my head turn.
It's completely unintentional. =/

Quote:
I applaud you. I would love to be at a movie and see something like that happen. I would make sure I was quiet the whole time though.
Who DOESN'T throw shit at people who talk? Seriously. I've kicked seats of people in front of me. They always turn around acting like its ME who was being rude.

And then, I threaten them. Which is probably not all that LEGAL, but I have a whole theatre of people who are pissed of behind me - with bucket loads of popcorn.

C'mon. You guys have TOTALLY gotten rude about a talker in the threatre, RIGHT? I pay GOOD MONEy to see a film in the threatre. I don't want some fucking PRICK answering his motherfucking PHONE in the middle of a movie. (This has HAPPENED to me. He carried on a CONVERSATION during the movie - AT FULL SPEAKING VOICE.) This was a bad idea for him. I was in the ghetto theatre, and everyone pretty much moved him forceably OUT of the theatre.

And I don't want to hear your motherfucking commentary on the fucking MOVIE guys. SHUT UP with the "I BET SUCH-AND-SUCH WILL HAPPEN!"

Sit down, shut the fuck up, and watch the movie.

Last edited by I poked it and it made a sad sound; Apr 3, 2006 at 11:30 AM.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:34 AM #19 of 46
I did tell this girl once who kept whispering on her cell phone that I was going to take it from her if I saw it again. (Sounds like a teacher, now that I think about it). She looked at me like I had lost my mind, but I think she knew I was serious because the phone didn't come out again.

It's not that I could hear her, because in fairness she was whispering, but the bright blue light it emitted was really bothering me.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:34 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 06:34 PM #20 of 46
Haha, I like how half of the people haven't even read the first post and just answer the question in the thread's title.

Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:36 AM #21 of 46
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
I did tell this girl once who kept whispering on her cell phone that I was going to take it from her if I saw it again. (Sounds like a teacher, now that I think about it). She looked at me like I had lost my mind, but I think she knew I was serious.

It's not that I could hear her, because in fairness she was whispering, but the bright blue light it emitted was really bothering me.
Yea, if a stranger threatened to take MY cell phone away like they were my mother, I'd probably deck them. ^_^

I can't IMAGINE someone saying this to me. "If you don't stop talking on that, I am going to take it away." O YEA, LADY? I DARE YOU TO TRY.

But thats because I have an issue with motherfigures. Heh.

Did you realize how silly it must have sounded Alice? I've been in situations where I aas like "MAN. I COULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING SO MUCH BETTER."

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:43 AM #22 of 46
It's all in the tone. When you're 18 years old and some lady taps you on your shoulder and, with a smile that never reaches her eyes whispers, "If I see that phone again I'm taking it from you," with just the right amount of "don't fuck with me" in her voice, your inborn fear of your own mom kicks in and you put your damn phone away.

Nahual

Member 1931

Level 23.32

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:43 AM #23 of 46
Originally Posted by Sassafrass

I don't want some fucking PRICK answering his motherfucking PHONE in the middle of a movie. (This has HAPPENED to me. He carried on a CONVERSATION during the movie - AT FULL SPEAKING VOICE.) This was a bad idea for him. I was in the ghetto theatre, and everyone pretty much moved him forceably OUT of the theatre.
I think that might get me to act out but I'm not really the type to act out unless I am really angered.
Remember the quiet ones are the most dangerous.

FELIPE NO

Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:47 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 05:47 PM #24 of 46
I like to talk during funerals, I don't know why

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
EmpyreanHorizon
The cow is stuck...

Member 2562

Level 6.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 12:04 PM Local time: Apr 4, 2006, 01:04 AM #25 of 46
Personally, I don't talk in movie theatres, even if the movie itself sucks as hell (then i'd leave)--but we do get the coughers, talkers, and worse of all, babies.
Who the heck brings their babies in to see a movie? It's like sitting in a 17 hour flight with a sugar-high toddler.
Sadly, society doesn't allow us to punch the faces of cyring babies in the cinema....so it's more of whether we should punch the parents instead. (hey, thread said tendencies that make people want to punch you, right? moving on.)

I have a friend who's super loud. Heads always turn when we're having a conversation because it's usually, 'my ass hurts,' or 'I can't take it anymore! no more oral sex for my horny husband!' in volume 60. It sometimes pisses people off because a lot of them are conservative Christians. It's funny though, because we're on campus, and the discipline office is pretty much across the hallway. Oh, all the innocent minds we've tarnished and all the exams they've failed because of that *cough cough*

You know that psychological tendency where you acknowledge that you have the advantage over something so you use it just to annoy other people? For example, when you're using the public telephone and someone comes up behind you and waits for his/her turn. So, intentionally, you prolong the conversation because you suddnly get this power trip knowing you control how long the poor guy's gonna wait? Hehe, I do that. In the bathroom stalls. See how good their bladder control is. I'm evil.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Do you talk in the movies?