Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Kramer snaps

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:08 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 08:08 PM #26 of 221
Originally Posted by Spike
But to be on topic, he's an idiot for using racial slurs to get back at someone else being an asshole.
No. No. No. Here's what happens when you're at a comedy show. You pay to see the comedian perform not for the right to heckle and interrupt them in the middle of their act. If you so happen to interrupt someone while they're on stage, you open the door for the performer to heckle you in return. Lewis Black does it all the time and I don't see anyone giving him shit for it.

Quote:
Heckler: Shut up Lewis!
Black: FUCK YOU! AND YOUR REPUBLICAN BULLSHIT NONSENSE!
I love Lewis Black. <3

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Snowknight
may carry parasites

Member 165

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:11 PM #27 of 221
I'm not defending the black guy at all. Like I said, he was an idiot for using racial slurs. If Michael Richards yelled at the black guy and made fun of him, that's fair game since the black guy was being an asshole and ruining his act. I think they were both out of line. My point, which you didn't understand, was that Michael Richards shouldn't have used racial slurs. No, I don't understand why the n-word is so bad either as I do not know it's history, but it's obviously incredibly offensive.
I completely understood your point--there's no need to go underlining like I can't read. (I never even tried to imply that you were defending the black guy either. Ok, so "also" should be removed, meh.)

His goal was to offend, and he was obviously "incredibly" offended, as is evidenced by his response. Smart? No. Situationally warranted? I'd say so.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:11 PM #28 of 221
Originally Posted by Encephalon
No. No. No. Here's what happens when you're at a comedy show. You pay to see the comedian perform not for the right to heckle and interrupt them in the middle of their act. If you so happen to interrupt someone while they're on stage, you open the door for the performer to heckle you in return. Lewis Black does it all the time and I don't see anyone giving him shit for it.
On the same note (I agree with you, Ence), I think if anyone who WAS black saying the shit Richards said would have been accepted.

I think it's ridiculous to get all HURT and OFFENDED when you fire at someone, and low and behold, THEY FIRE BACK.

In fact, I find the heckling worse than the name-calling - mostly because it's extremely STUPID to do.

How ya doing, buddy?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:16 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 08:16 PM #29 of 221
Originally Posted by Sassafrass
On the same note (I agree with you, Ence), I think if anyone who WAS black saying the shit Richards said would have been accepted.
Ditto... Double standards and all that.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Spike
Good Chocobo

Member 642

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:18 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 08:18 PM #30 of 221
Originally Posted by Snowknight
I completely understood your point--there's no need to go underlining like I can't read. (I never even tried to imply that you were defending the black guy either. Ok, so "also" should be removed, meh.)

His goal was to offend, and he was obviously "incredibly" offended, as is evidenced by his response. Smart? No. Situationally warranted? I'd say so.
Oh, my intention wasn't to insult you. I apologize for that. I just have a bad choice of words sometimes. I thought you had misunderstood my post when I clearly misunderstood yours. And I agree that the situation called for him to insult the black guy. I just don't think racist comments have any room in any argument though. But I agree with you for the most part.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:23 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 09:23 PM #31 of 221
No, I don't understand why the n-word is so bad either as I do not know it's history, but it's obviously incredibly offensive.
So shut the fuck up if you don't know.

Was it funny? Not really. The interrupting the white man line was pretty good, but over all it was pretty fucking unfunny. But that's mostly because Michael Richards is mostly unfunny. However, the black guy did call him a cracker-ass. That's a racial slur too. Someone yell at that ignant ass nigga.

Also, requesting that Balcony Heckler be curbstomped for stealing my Muppets av/sig combo.

You fucking biter.

How ya doing, buddy?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Last edited by No. Hard Pass.; Nov 20, 2006 at 10:29 PM.
Spike
Good Chocobo

Member 642

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:27 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 08:27 PM #32 of 221
Originally Posted by Denicalis
Where the hell is this coming from? I wasn't defending Michael Richards. I was saying he was wrong for using the word. I don't understand why you're so upset when it seems that you have the same point of view that I do.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:28 PM Local time: Nov 21, 2006, 11:28 AM #33 of 221
If the black dudes started it, why should Richards be sorry? He was just doing his job when these guys started yelling he's not funny? I think anyone would be very upset with that, and will think of anything to get back at those who humiliated him. Well, he didn't have to go over the line, but still.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:34 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 09:34 PM #34 of 221
Where the hell is this coming from? I wasn't defending Michael Richards. I was saying he was wrong for using the word. I don't understand why you're so upset when it seems that you have the same point of view that I do.
I'm not mad, mate, but if you don't understand the situation, how can you really be a valuable source of information on it?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:43 PM #35 of 221
The example provided--that nasty n-word--is a racial slur for some unknown reason. Maybe I need to be black to understand it, but the logic that "the slave masters called us that" doesn't work for me. Or maybe I'm just a fucking bigot.
yeah, that's basically it right there, Klanny McWhitePower.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Denicalis

Was it funny? Not really. The interrupting the white man line was pretty good, but over all it was pretty fucking unfunny. But that's mostly because Michael Richards is mostly unfunny. However, the black guy did call him a cracker-ass. That's a racial slur too. Someone yell at that ignant ass nigga.
Far be it for me, of anyone, to keep someone from doing the whole racial slur thing. Just make it funny. The retorts in question was too painfully bitter to work.

cracker-ass is not a slur and you know it. It attempts to be but it's hard to use terms that imply domination and superiority on the dominate racial group. That's why you go for the fag jokes imply that he has a black baby accuse his women of being slutty and unfulfilled at home ATTACK THE WEAK POINT FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE I got nothin'.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Sarag; Nov 20, 2006 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Snowknight
may carry parasites

Member 165

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:53 PM #36 of 221
Originally Posted by a lurker
yeah, that's basically it right there, Klanny McWhitePower.
THE SOUTH WILL RISE AND LOSE AGAIN!!1

Honestly, though, I think that word has been used for too long out of its original context to be offensive. Nevermind that it really shouldn't have been offensive in the first place. Oh, but I must be a bigot

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Snowknight; Nov 20, 2006 at 11:00 PM.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:57 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 09:57 PM #37 of 221

Honestly, though, I think that word has been used for too long out of its original context to be offensive.
That's not up to you to decide, mate. That's up to the offended group to decide.

Most amazing jew boots

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:59 PM #38 of 221

Honestly, though, I think that word has been used for too long out of its original context to be offensive.
What was its original context, to be dismissive of black folks? Cuz it's still being used that way, Klanny.

lol original context, language evolves, etc

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:59 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 08:59 PM #39 of 221
I'm actually more insulted that he didn't insult Mexicans. Then again... We don't heckle; we attack.

FELIPE NO
Snowknight
may carry parasites

Member 165

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 11:08 PM #40 of 221
What was its original context, to be dismissive of black folks? Cuz it's still being used that way, Klanny.

lol original context, language evolves, etc
Ok, I admit defeat.
I will promptly burn a cross on myself.

I still don't understand why certain uses of the word are offensive. For some people--usually those of older generations--the word is used not to express an undying hate for black people but, rather, as the primary word that they were taught for referring to black people. Yes, it is up to the offended to decide, but I'd like them to be a bit less caustic about it. Guh, I don't know.

I'm still going to burn a cross on myself, though

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 11:09 PM #41 of 221
But to be on topic, he's an idiot for using racial slurs to get back at someone else being an asshole.
I think that if he used NIGGER as a point of topic - if he threw the EXPLAINATION of his use - into the crowd, it would've been a victory like the internet has never seen.

Most amazing jew boots
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 11:26 PM #42 of 221
Ok, I admit defeat.
I will promptly burn a cross on myself.

I still don't understand why certain uses of the word are offensive. For some people--usually those of older generations--the word is used not to express an undying hate for black people but, rather, as the primary word that they were taught for referring to black people. Yes, it is up to the offended to decide, but I'd like them to be a bit less caustic about it. Guh, I don't know.

I'm still going to burn a cross on myself, though
one can only assume that darkies understand that insults are contextual, and that someone is more likely to come across a racist person than a racist and also a race traitor.

Personally I would like dudes to buy my drinks everywhere I go without the implied sex at the end of the night but we don't always get what we want. Don't know why you would even think it's appropriate to insist that black people sanction you calling your (black?) friends nigger, though.

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 11:44 PM #43 of 221
one can only assume that darkies understand that insults are contextual,
Assuming that all blacks are not savages, of course.

Seriously though, one cannot deny that the word has a certain disgusting levity to it. You curse people out when you say nigger. Not nigga but nigger.

However, it should also be said that the word was used properly. Michael Richards wanted to insult those people and struck at a base nerve with a lot of people - not just blacks. The word is there to be insulting, obviously and it's a great, gallant thing that we're able to have the choice of flinging racial slurs at anyone we chose (thought the effects of that are ours to reap, obviously)

The whole thing boils down to White Man's Guilt in the audience and wouldn't be such a big deal if it wasn't from a celeb. I bet you dollars to donuts we wouldn't have seen this if it was Bobcat Goldwaith screaming about chinks.

How ya doing, buddy?
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 11:54 PM #44 of 221
Originally Posted by LeHah
Assuming that all blacks are not savages, of course.
That is a fairly safe assumption.

Quote:
I bet you dollars to donuts we wouldn't have seen this if it was Bobcat Goldwaith screaming about chinks.
because no one goes to his shows anymore?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Nov 21, 2006, 08:28 AM Local time: Nov 21, 2006, 07:28 AM #45 of 221
Really sounds like these guys just made a wrong turn on thier way to Def Comedy Jam. This could've been avoided.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Minion
Retainer

Member 21

Level 28.54

Feb 2006

Old Nov 21, 2006, 09:31 AM #46 of 221
For once, someone says the n-word and black people aren't overracting to it. Probably just circumstantial, though.

Anyway, as stupid as it was for him to say that, it reminds me of how tired I am of the fact that there is a word I can't say but other people can. I really don't care if I can say it or not, since I don't really ever use it verbally or in writing, but I have little tolerance for the double standard grade school bullshit behind it all. If the word evokes such negativity, then no one should use it. You don't see Jews jokingly calling each other Hitler, do you? Maybe that's because it would actually be offensive. Nobody else has a word that they pretend to be offended by so that only they can use their special word. Grow the fuck up already.

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2006, 09:38 AM #47 of 221
Originally Posted by Minion
For once, someone says the n-word and black people aren't overracting to it.
Try turning on the news. It's all people are talking about, apparently.

Most amazing jew boots
Minion
Retainer

Member 21

Level 28.54

Feb 2006

Old Nov 21, 2006, 09:40 AM #48 of 221
Yeah, but from what I saw, the reaction is sort of understandable. You could have put the Grand Wizard of the KKK on stage and he would have been less offensive.

Actually what really bothers me about this is not that some B-list actor may be a bigot, but what he did, unfortunately is going to reflect badly on a cultural icon. It's kind of like he committed "crimes against culture" or something.

Last edited by Minion; Nov 21, 2006 at 09:52 AM.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2006, 12:50 PM Local time: Nov 21, 2006, 11:50 AM #49 of 221
Originally Posted by Minion
For once, someone says the n-word and black people aren't overracting to it. Probably just circumstantial, though.

Anyway, as stupid as it was for him to say that, it reminds me of how tired I am of the fact that there is a word I can't say but other people can. I really don't care if I can say it or not, since I don't really ever use it verbally or in writing, but I have little tolerance for the double standard grade school bullshit behind it all. If the word evokes such negativity, then no one should use it. You don't see Jews jokingly calling each other Hitler, do you? Maybe that's because it would actually be offensive. Nobody else has a word that they pretend to be offended by so that only they can use their special word. Grow the fuck up already.
Minion, you've never taken a class on gender, race and language have you? There's this whole thing where eventually a sub-group will absorb a word, change it, and take away the power it has. Nigger is in the last throes of that. It will either go the way of Pryor, which is stop using it all together because he realised its very usage has a certain undercurrent of subjugation, or the way of Chris Rock, which is throw it around all the time, make it funny, and then it isn't hurtful. You're wrong about the jewish community, by the way. They took nazi germany and made it a part of their belief of the chosen people being tested constantly. They put it in the same compartment as enslavement in egypt (whether it really happened isn't important, they believe it did) and the current strife in Israel. They don't throw around Hitler, but you best believe jewish comics make JOKES about Hitler. Or about how jews are all controlling the media. Or about how jews are Mel Gibson's personal satan. Every culture does this, mate.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Fleshy Fun-Bridge
Hi there!

Member 907

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2006, 01:01 PM #50 of 221
Originally Posted by LeHah
Try turning on the news. It's all people are talking about, apparently.
Not to mention the instant YTMND and internet-in-general infamy that its earned him.

It could have been handled a lot more gracefully. Shit, you can hear on a CD when someone was making too much noise and heckling Dane Cook, he didn't totally flip out. He very calmly called the guy out and threatened to have security remove him because he was ruining the show for everyone else around him. It was actually kinda cool.

---

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Kramer snaps