Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2007, 10:28 PM #2776 of 3592
I just hope that the sixaxis will work well with the new rumble feature. I'm glad i didn't buy another controller yet, I'll wait till those new one come out.

btw what happen to tekken 5 DR? it still not up in the ps store >.>

Additional Spam:
WTF!! so apparently tekken 5 DR is only for the US??? what about canada damn it ; ;

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Inhert; Mar 1, 2007 at 10:34 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2007, 10:50 PM #2777 of 3592
So it's not just me who's as confused as hell.

Most amazing jew boots
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2007, 10:53 PM #2778 of 3592
damn it this just so fucking lame! I just hope it's an error that they kind of "forgot" to put it in the Canada store, I surely hope they will add it and not give us the lame thing "sorry it's US only".... well they can,t really do that since europe will have it too... I just hope we don't have to wait till the PAL release before we have it... damn I'm piss now I wanted for this for a long time and even refuse to buy VF5 at a discount price because I wanted to test tekken first >.<

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Inhert; Mar 1, 2007 at 10:59 PM.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 06:29 PM #2779 of 3592
Hmm, to calm all of you who are rightfully annoyed at T5's handling here are some scans of Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction. Someone over on PSINext scanned these:

These are from the new EGM, for those who want to know.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 07:02 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2007, 07:02 PM #2780 of 3592
I can't wait until the new R&C game comes out. They've always been superior titles and this one looks incredible. It's too bad the title doesn't have any sexual innuendo (none that I can see, anyway).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Hauton
Carob Nut

Member 892

Level 5.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 08:24 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2007, 07:24 PM #2781 of 3592
Ahem, "tools" of destruction?

I was speaking idiomatically.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 09:15 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2007, 09:15 PM #2782 of 3592
But compared to Going Commando, Up Your Arsenal, and Size Matters, Tools of Destruction is rather tame.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 10:05 PM #2783 of 3592
lol, yeah, but you've got to admit that their titles rock because we get a chuckle out of them and the young ones have no idea why.

FELIPE NO
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2007, 02:47 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2007, 01:47 AM #2784 of 3592
Also, to keep the good news rolling, Sony and Immersion shook hands, kissed and made up.

So yeah, new controller with rumble feature on the way, most likely. Kind of sucks, but it's not like anyone will be surprised when Nintendo makes their second Wii controller.
Haha, I wonder how much more the controllers are gonna cost now, assuming they do make a sixaxis with rumble feature. Heh and if they do go through with it, then they're gonna have to eat up their words about how they didn't originally include a rumble feature as it would've interfered with the motion sensitivity.

Last edited by Hantei; Mar 3, 2007 at 02:59 AM.
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2007, 03:10 AM #2785 of 3592
the dualshock rumble system would probably have interfered with the motion sensitivity, but Immersion came up with a new rumble technology that is not suppose to cause trouble with the sixaxis ... that,s probably why Sony eanted to be "friend" with them again.

I think it's a good thing, at least they are done with that lawsuit and it will just shut the hell up all the fanboy crying out loud at sony for taking out the rumble feature >.>

personally I found out that I don't miss the rumble feature that much. I'm so use now to play on my ps3 that the last time I tried my ps2 I was "shocked" to feel the controller vibrate XD 10sec later I turn the rumble off because it was annoying me >.> and I kind of like the lightest of the sixaxis (I was surprise to see that the wiimote feel heavy in your hand :\)

anyway I was going to buy a second controller soon or later so I guess i'll just wait a little to see that new technology ^^

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2007, 12:58 PM #2786 of 3592
Hantei: Many sites and I included believe that things will go the way of the PS1. The standard controller will come with the system, and the rumble enabled controller will the the seperatly sold controller replacing the normal PS3 controllers on shelves.

-UPDATE-
I know that this has already been touched on, but I find this article to be a little more clear on the details of the whole PS Home & Sony's GDC keynote.

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200703/012.asp

Looks like someone hit a nerve looking at the response KIKIZO got out of Sony.

On the flip side, with so many sources getting the same story and Sony's response to all of this I'm actually getting excited for Sony's GDC speech this year and perhaps the first steps to building a community for the system.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Slayer X; Mar 3, 2007 at 01:19 PM.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2007, 11:00 PM #2787 of 3592
Have you guys already talked about Warhawk? Apparently Incog ditched the single player game completely and made it a PSN-only title. I'll put up pictures and more info as I go through the thread. Here's a summary:

Quote:
- PSN Downloadable Title, Online Only.
- 32 Players are confirmed, they might increase it, but definitely won't decrease it.
- Maps are HUGE! Maybe bigger than Resistance Maps.
- All the match types are there: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Zone/Territory, etc etc...
- Deep Character and Vehicle Customization
- Dedicated Servers
- Will feature alot of Downloadable content: expect Expansion Packs, New Maps, Weapons, Vehicles and character skins.
- Controls configurations are great. You can turn SIXAXIS On or Off for Vehicles, Planes, or both...
- ALOT of Rewards and Medals that will keep the replay value alive and kicking.
- Voice IP Support.
Screens:

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Metal Sphere; Mar 3, 2007 at 11:19 PM.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2007, 12:40 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2007, 12:40 AM #2788 of 3592
So no single-player mode? I dunno how I feel about that, but I guess we'll see how it works out. It still looks like an incredible game though; can't wait to try it out.

Any word of a demo? Oh wait, didn't they announce the demo'd be coming in the late Spring?

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2007, 01:15 AM #2789 of 3592
Next thing is to wait and see if it's going to be the next PSN title or if it'll ship on disc at all.

I'm not really surprised that it's online only. I rather have them make a great and well supported multiplayer game then a Single Player portion that sucks big time and an undersupported multiplayer portion. The majority of an action games lifetime comes from the online play anyways, and we know that games like this do sell.. and well from the Battlefield series so I don't see the real problem if there even is one. Can't wait for it to come out ^^

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2007, 01:33 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2007, 12:33 AM #2790 of 3592
Boo to that, part of what I was looking so forward to in it were the epic giant FLEET battles that were seen in the early trailers. That sort of thing won't be available in an online only title, but I'm hardly disappointed. At least it wasn't cancelled outright like the scare was there for a bit.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2007, 01:37 AM #2791 of 3592
You don't know that for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if a game like this has a co-op VS CPU Army game mode that 99% of online flying games tend to have. So don't give up on thoes huge battles just yet.

To add to my earlier post. I can't wait to get more details on all of the possible customization.

FELIPE NO
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2007, 01:47 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2007, 12:47 AM #2792 of 3592
I guess there's always the possibility of a VS WAVE CPU mode or something, which would be pretty swank if it were multiplayer, actually. I guess I'll with hold comment on that until the "etc etc" is filled out.

Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2007, 01:23 PM #2793 of 3592
ROFL
Oh man it's shit like this that cracks me up. Doubletalking redneck reviewers with two-second attention apans who complains when something is too hard. Last time was IGN over God Hand and now it's 1UP over MotorStorm

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3157687

Best part, "Play the lone single-player career mode for any length of time and the frustrations start to kick in, hard." LOL

Followed by, "All of us here who played MotorStorm agreed that the online mode was truly its best quality". Damn thoes games with hard careers and great online play. Wouldn't a game be perfect if it were easy and had no online play, man wouldn't that be great? lol Hell they gave Halo 2 a higher score and it only had half what what they said about MotorStorm.

This doesn't really bother me. I just thought I'd share the laugh with you guys.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Slayer X; Mar 4, 2007 at 01:30 PM.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2007, 04:02 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2007, 03:02 PM 1 #2794 of 3592
Are we really gonna turn this into a GAF style "insult the review site because they don't agree with me" style conversation?

Most amazing jew boots
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2007, 04:18 PM #2795 of 3592
Nah man, though I love your dipiction of GAF.. hey wait.. that's like what I think of it too, lol.

I just find it fun to tear down crappy reviewers and laugh at them as they go down in flames (or at least their integrity). But I've come to terms that I'm a little out there so I'm not surprised that people don't share my sense of humour when it comes to these things.

Most amazing jew boots
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 12:49 AM #2796 of 3592
Turns out tommorow's Heroes (which I don't watch regularly; I've only seen the first episode and seriously need to catch up) features a sneak peek of Heavenly Sword. This is brand new footage, finally showing something outside the Arena, and....

It looks pretty damn awesome.

Old Mar 5, 2007, 12:57 AM 1 #2797 of 3592

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 12:58 AM #2798 of 3592
As long as that X button isn't a lie, I'm sold.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Soldier; Mar 5, 2007 at 01:00 AM.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 01:04 AM #2799 of 3592
Turns out tommorow's Heroes (which I don't watch regularly; I've only seen the first episode and seriously need to catch up) features a sneak peek of Heavenly Sword. This is brand new footage, finally showing something outside the Arena, and....

It looks pretty damn awesome.
Yeah, it looks nice. Props to Wario64 for fixing the sound in these videos:

Heavenly Sword clip

FELIPE NO

Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 01:18 AM #2800 of 3592
this look awesome! I see heavenly sword like the new God of Wars in term of gameplay ^^

anyway know when it will be release? I think it go push back again or something...

(seriously acer how much time to you spend to create all those text.gif for every post you're doing? XD)

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread