Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Question] The Gamingforce Game of the Year 2016: Now with microtransations - voting edition
Closed Thread

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2017, 08:16 AM Local time: Jan 7, 2017, 01:16 PM 7 #1 of 20
The Gamingforce Game of the Year 2016: Now with microtransactions - voting edition

Oh now would you look at this, the forums have been resurrected and I've returned from the land of Maple Syrup sort of in time (OK, a touch late) to get a Game of the Year thing going.

So yes, by virtue of a returning forum it is once again time for the Gamingforce Game of the Year to make its appearance! 2016 has been a bit of mixed bag across the board for a number of reasons, but all things told it was a pretty solid year for gaming with some top notch games seeing a release, including several titles with many years of development behind them that seemed destined to never see the light of day. As ever this thread becomes the arena of combat and popular choice in which they will do battle to become our Gamingforce Game of the Year 2016. Assuming people realise the forums are back, reset their accounts and take time to come post.

So yes, the year that is 2016 is done and bring on 2017, yet another year due to be full of hype, big releases, disappointments and even more games to pile onto the backlog. For those brave souls who return to GFF to vote I salute you. As ever the question we ask and look to answer is: what does Gamingforce consider the best of gaming experiences of 2016? Once again, no gimmicks this year, as ever I'd simply ask for you to take part and encourage others to do so.

As with the previous years' voting here's how this is going to work: each person has 100 points to vote for games released in 2016 (doesn't matter where, but games have to have been commercially released in 2016) and you can allocate them to as many games as you like as long as it totals 100 in the end. The only rule is that you can't award any single game more than 40 points. So you could vote two 40s and a 20, or a 40 and six 10s, or any other combination of points as long as it adds up to 100.

To vote all you have to do is post a reply with your top games of 2016, how many points you're giving each, and a brief explanation of why you feel the game deserves your points.

Example:

GAME A - 40 points
Man I loved game A because...

GAME B - 20 points
I ended up playing so much of game B that...

GAME C - 15 points
Game C gets some points because...

GAME D - 15 points
I couldn't decide between this and C, so gave both points, but D rocks because...

GAME E - 5 points
Good, but not necessarily great, but I figure E deserves some points because...

GAME F - 5 points
Like E, F gets a few points because...

--------

Voting will close on Saturday 4th February at 18:00 GMT (that's Englandland time), at which point I'll add all the points together and work out GFF's top games of 2016, posting the results in a new thread for discussion/people to complain about. I'm allowing a little extra time again this year as the thread is going up late so you've got a chance to go try and squeeze in any contenders you wanted to try before voting.

So, go on, get voting.

Oh, and get other people to come vote too.

Disclaimer/Rules:
1. If you allocate any game more than 40 points your vote won't be counted.
2. If your points allocation totals more than 100 points your vote won't be counted (totals less than 100 are fine).
3. Votes for games not released in 2016 will be ignored.
4. Only official commercial releases in 2016 count.
4a. No 'Early Access', 'Alpha', 'Beta' or other pre-release titles will be counted.
5. No negative points. I'll point and laugh and then ignore your vote.
6. Whole integers only. Fractions and decimal places will also lead me to ignore your vote.
7. Any other such idiocy will also probably lead your vote not being counted.

And as ever, I take no responsibility for Skills fucking with stuff, which if you ignore these points he almost certainly will do somehow.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by OmagnusPrime; Jan 21, 2017 at 01:36 PM.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2017, 01:36 PM Local time: Jan 21, 2017, 06:36 PM #2 of 20
Please note, I've now extended the voting period by a week. Votes need to be in by 18:00 GMT on Saturday 4th February.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Question] The Gamingforce Game of the Year 2016: Now with microtransations - voting edition