Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Question] Playstation Breaker Pro.

Andrew Evenstar
Save the Queen

Member 419

Level 23.33

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2007, 02:56 PM Local time: Dec 24, 2007, 11:56 AM #1 of 6
Playstation Breaker Pro.

Does anyone have this?

Breaker Pro for PS1 and PS2 / ModChipStore.com

Does it really work with playing backup PSX games on your PS2? My old modded PSX is breaking and I need a new way to play backup PSX games.

Thanks.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Biohazard Mercenaries

[Final Fantasy]
IV > VI > VIII > VII > IX > V > XII > X

Last edited by Andrew Evenstar; Dec 24, 2007 at 03:23 PM.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2007, 07:10 PM Local time: Dec 25, 2007, 01:10 AM #2 of 6
I have one. It works perfectly with the PS1. It actually does work perfectly with the PS2 as well, but you need either a fliptop case or a slide card to make it work. You can't just eject the tray. You need to take out your Breaker Pro and insert your PS1 backup without the sensor registering that the drive has opened.

On the PS1 it's really easy to do that. You just need a spring to keep the sensor button depressed on the original PS1, and a small piece of plastic tape on the slimline PSOne model.

On the original PS2 there are two methods. You can either use a replacement 'flip-top' case which will allow you to open the tray from the top without pressing the reset button, or you can use a slide card which allows you to manually open the tray. The slimline PS2 requires either a flip-top case or some special tools which are locked into place over the three tray sensors.

I don't much like the slide card. It seems like a laborious method which doesn't work every time and which I suspect may damage the PS2. I suggest using a slimline with the "Magic Tools".

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Andrew Evenstar
Save the Queen

Member 419

Level 23.33

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2007, 08:24 PM Local time: Dec 24, 2007, 05:24 PM #3 of 6
Awesome. Thanks so much. My slim ps2 is already modded for ps2 games. I have swap magic. Where did you buy yours and for how much?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Biohazard Mercenaries

[Final Fantasy]
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2007, 08:34 PM #4 of 6
I have SM and breaker pro and satisfied with both, though no replacement for a soldered modchip.

Most amazing jew boots
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2007, 08:38 PM Local time: Dec 25, 2007, 02:38 AM #5 of 6
I honestly don't remember where I got mine from, because I've had it for well over three years now. I know a few places in the UK that sell them, but that would be a PAL version which wouldn't help you a lot. I've seen more than a few people recommend this online store, when the topic has arisen on other forums. I suggest you try them, since they look respectable. It's available for immediate shipping, and that's a bit less than I paid.

I've never found a game that wouldn't work with Breaker Pro. I couldn't even force myself to find something bad to say about it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Andrew Evenstar
Save the Queen

Member 419

Level 23.33

Mar 2006

Old Dec 26, 2007, 03:01 AM Local time: Dec 26, 2007, 12:01 AM #6 of 6
Sweet. I just ordered it from the site you provided. Thanks.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Biohazard Mercenaries

[Final Fantasy]

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Question] Playstation Breaker Pro.