Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

I need to do something.

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:08 AM #1 of 51
I need to do something.

This morning, all my work was taken from me. All my commissions, all my quotations, all my customers. People I have been working with and providing with service for 2 years.

Cheryl bitched at my father because she noticed I was making substantial commissions on my work, and now, he's given her MORE than half of my pie. Because she's jealous. And he bent to her whim.

He wrote an email in response to one of the leads I forwarded him this morning. He said "Cheryl can take this and all future TP leads."

I almost had a coronary. I wrote this in response to him. I know I didn't fuck up since he just DEFENDED me the other day when Cheryl attacked me for making money on these things. He's not the kind of person to hold back if I fuck up.

I am sorry to post this here, but I AM REALLY stressing about this - to the point of TEARS. I feel really back-stabbed. Someone console me. ;_;

Originally Posted by Email to my father
What. Is this a joke.

Now she's asking me for templates. Why do you do this to me, Dad. And now prices. This is REALLY pissing me off, Dad. DO NOT put me in these positions, please. I do NOT want to oversee this shit when you KNOW it upsets me. And I have to oversee it since you're not here and she's asking me questions. Do you not TRUST me to do this for you? Have I messed up? Did I do something wrong??

I'm not too happy about this. I would have done these without expectation of commission - you know that. I know it's pretty clear you don't care if this upsets me, but this is totally unprofessional. You're playing games with me, and I don't appreciate it. I may be your daughter, but I expect you to stick to your word as my superior. You're making my workplace incredibly tense. I don't like working in a tense place. I want to get MY work done.

I guess if I bitch about things, I will get them too. Is that how it works in this company? I bitch and something happens? Seems to work for her - why shouldn't it work for me. I see where your loyalty lies and it hurts me a lot that you apparently don't trust me to do these things for you (with NO expectation of anything in return.)

I do these things to HELP you, not for the money. Remember that. Please.

If we're going to bitch and get entitlement to things, I'd like to officially ask for packing list envelopes.

Danielle

PS - I'd ask that you keep this email between you and I, please.
I guarantee she'll see this email within the next 24 hours. I am fully expecting WW3. And peeack will be thrilled to know this is the closest I've come to quitting my job ever.

And if it comes to WW3, I am totally busting out. I will rage like there has been no rage before. I don't think anyone quite understands how long I've been harboring this anger inside of me pertaining to this workplace.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by I poked it and it made a sad sound; Mar 8, 2006 at 11:12 AM.
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:17 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 10:17 AM #2 of 51
Man, that stinks. I can commiserate on a small scale, with my cousin/roommate being my boss and creating a tense work environment for me both in and outside of work at times, but he typically only threatens my job, he doesn't take away my work (well, other than writing the program to do aspects of my job, but I help him do that =P). It's really tough to work with family mostly because all actions taken in one aspect of life will typically affect other aspects, if inadvertantly. And either way, taking your projects and customers and whatnot just because another employee whines is bad work ethic.

Good luck with WW3 if it comes to that. Hopefully it won't and your dad will see your side of the argument.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:21 AM #3 of 51
Originally Posted by Drex
Man, that stinks. I can commiserate on a small scale, with my cousin/roommate being my boss and creating a tense work environment for me both in and outside of work at times, but he typically only threatens my job, he doesn't take away my work (well, other than writing the program to do aspects of my job, but I help him do that =P). It's really tough to work with family mostly because all actions taken in one aspect of life will typically affect other aspects, if inadvertantly. And either way, taking your projects and customers and whatnot just because another employee whines is bad work ethic.

Good luck with WW3 if it comes to that. Hopefully it won't and your dad will see your side of the argument.
Usually I can muscle him into the "right" thing to do.

And I am not saying MY way is the right way because *I* benefit. I am saying I will refuse my commissions if it comes to that.

I just don't want her to take something from me that I've been working on so hard when she can't lift a finger to do ANYTHING. She is the shittiest worker I've had to deal with, and I'm going to burst. BURST. And I really REALLY need help keeping this anger under control, here.

I am SHAKING in anger. Moreso in feeling really really betrayed. You ever wonder if I get hurt? This is about the time. I take my work seriously - ALL my work, in both personal and business facets. I do things as quickly and diligently as I possibly can.

This feels like the last straw. I feel like I am being shit on big time. (Keep in mind she's my father's pseudo-girlfriend. They're either on or off.)

This has happened to me all my life. It feels like I am 10 again and I have no say in anything - including my own work. Which makes me feel like being employed here completely defeats the entire purpose.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by I poked it and it made a sad sound; Mar 8, 2006 at 11:32 AM.
Minion
Retainer

Member 21

Level 28.54

Feb 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:31 AM #4 of 51
I think working with your family is a bad idea. I also think working in a small company is a bad idea. You're doing both at once and you obviously are not enjoying it. Just find another job.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:38 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 10:38 AM #5 of 51
Yeah...we have a guy in the workplace that basically took over all the customers of the CEO when the CEO didn't have time to deal with it anymore (at the time the business was very young - now it's just young). He flourished for about a month, then didn't produce anything on his own for about 4. When he was kicked out of the corporate side of things and made local-only, he did next to nothing for a month, but now he seems to have started to find the motivation to get some work done. I honestly don't know why he's still with us, though. I think a majority of the business partners would do him in, but they're too kind-hearted and willing to give multiple chances. Of course, I'm sure that's a big piece of why I still have my job.

I'm sure that didn't help at all. Ah, well.

As for the anger, I always have to find some way either to vent my anger (and posting about it online tends to help sometimes) or to make it dissipate, typically through music and relaxing my body. While I was on my mission for my church, my mission president (guy in charge of about 200 missionaries in a geographical area) gave us this spiffy meditation/relaxation technique. When you're first starting it, though, you need a place you can relax (ie bed, sofa, or comfy chair or something) and like 15 minutes. Basically you get a focus word or thought that you can keep your mind on - one that won't keep your mind really busy, but that is enough to keep your mind off of other things. Then you focus on one part of the body to the next, typically from the feet up, willing yourself to relax. This way you get both the physical and mental relaxation for at least a small period of time. Eventually when you get good enough at it you can slip into it at will. Quite useful. I don't know if you're in a position to really relax right now, but it's one of the best ways I've found to quell my anger, and especially the physical side effects of my anger.

Most amazing jew boots
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:39 AM #6 of 51
Originally Posted by Minion
I think working with your family is a bad idea. I also think working in a small company is a bad idea. You're doing both at once and you obviously are not enjoying it. Just find another job.
Working with my family is great. I love working side-by-side with my father. Cheryl, however, is NOT my family.

Thats not the issue, here.

And you know I won't give it up until I just can't take it anymore. (Which has never really happened to me. I can take A LOT.)

This is more of a PERSONAL issue than anything.

Drex - I appreciate your input a lot. I am glad you can sympathize in a way. The meditation I AM SURE would help, if I had the time right here in the office. I could maybe lock myself in the bathroom, lay on the floor, and just vege out for 15 minutes. But I'd see her face and go right back into anger.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
peeack
Good Chocobo

Member 443

Level 18.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:40 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 02:40 AM #7 of 51
Quote:
And peeack will be thrilled to know this is the closest I've come to quitting my job ever.
Well not thrilled at the circumstances love, but a change of scenery could be good for you. Unfortunatly, I don't really have any advice for you. Mostly because I can't really comprehend how your Dad could be that much of a twat not only to his daughter but to one of his employees. Does he not give a shit about you? Does he not want to run his buisness efficiantly? Fucking French!

Fuck 'em Sass. Let them both have it with both barrels, then get the fuck out of there. I don't doubt you're qualified enough to gain employment elsewhere. It's not giving up, it's being AGGRESSIVE in that you're DESTROYING their workplace. Think of it that way, and it doesn't rrreaally seem like you're throwing in the towel.

FELIPE NO
<33
Secret Squirrel
River Chocobo

Member 89

Level 24.44

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:45 AM #8 of 51
One thing that I've always been confused about ... is Cheryl actually your boss? (literally, as in she has authority to hire/fire/review you, not figuratively as in she has power because she sleeps with the company owner.)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:47 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 10:47 AM #9 of 51
The biggest problem with working with family is that if you nuke the workplace and jet, you still feel the results, and now it's personal. I think an argument a la WW3 can work out, but not as much if it turns entirely emotional and then you try to bail - it looks like you're letting it all loose and then trying to avoid the consquences. At least, that's how I would see it.

Luckily, I think you already think along these lines, for the most part, and it's everyone else that's giving the conflicting ideas. Ideas are good as long as they're applied correctly to your circumstances. Don't be silent about it, though (I know you won't ^_^), because bottling everything up is bad for you, plus they won't know what you're thinking and will likely take you to a new level of hurt unless they're informed.

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:50 AM #10 of 51
Originally Posted by peeack
Well not thrilled at the circumstances love, but a change of scenery could be good for you. Unfortunatly, I don't really have any advice for you. Mostly because I can't really comprehend how your Dad could be that much of a twat not only to his daughter but to one of his employees. Does he not give a shit about you? Does he not want to run his buisness efficiantly? Fucking French!

Fuck 'em Sass. Let them both have it with both barrels, then get the fuck out of there. I don't doubt you're qualified enough to gain employment elsewhere. It's not giving up, it's being AGGRESSIVE in that you're DESTROYING their workplace. Think of it that way, and it doesn't rrreaally seem like you're throwing in the towel.
Ahaha, I love Peeack. You made me feel better. ^_^

I don't want to do anything malicious. Thats not morally RIGHT and its not the way I do business.

And I USED to be qualified to manage hotels. My name hasn't been out on the wire for years, though. I used to be recruited, but I think I've been out of the game too long to play anymore.

That, and I am in a really TOUGH spot. I go to school fulltime and I expect to work fulltime as well. One of the benefits of this job is they're paying for my education. They allow me to attend classes during work hours, since I am going to school for my work here, because I/they figure I have a future in it. I have invested a lot here. Its too soon for me to just give up. Besides. I don't "give up" at ANYTHING. ^_^

I've seriously considered sabotage, too. Which is COMPLETELY immoral, but I almost feel like I am resorting to survival, here.

I figure I just need a shot of whiskey and a good conversation with my father about it.

SS - She is technically the "office manager." But I also hold positions above her ranking. It's kind of fucked up. We all wear a million different hats. She relies on me on some things, I need her for others.

Depending on who you ask in the company, we could be either peers or she could be my superior. No one would consider me to be her superior, however. I think when I first started working here, she was deemed my superior. Since, my father has seen that she has misguided me in some areas and told me to think for myself and do what I feel is the PROPER way. If I have questions, HE is my superior. He specifically instructed me NOT to take orders from her.

Drexxxx - My family is a creature in and of itself, and we get over shit really easily. I am sure the three of us (sister, father, myself) could work in harmony with each other with few tiffs - there would NEVER be a WW3 between the three of us.

The problem lies (and I admit) that I have a serious issue with CHERYL as his girlfriend. Because I don't like what she does to him in his personal life, I have a really hard time working with her. I can play nice REALLY well (I even bought her coffee today) just because I have to work here, but I HATE her as a person.

Its hard to keep things professional when you know so much about our lives OUTSIDE of the office.

And honestly, I know I should not know ANYTHING about their relationship. Thats how NORMAL people would work, right? But unfortunately, she's SABOTAGED me, she's tried to take whats my family's outside of the office, and she's generally a conniving, gold-digging BITCH.

This make me distrust all her motivations here.

Last edited by I poked it and it made a sad sound; Mar 8, 2006 at 11:57 AM.
peeack
Good Chocobo

Member 443

Level 18.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:04 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 03:04 AM #11 of 51
Oh aye, I forgot about the school thing. Would you still be able to do that, work a different job, and cover all your weekly / monthly expenses?

<33
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:07 PM #12 of 51
Knowing you can be the fat, heartless bitch upon which smaller, less angry moons of anger revolve around, may I make the strong suggestion and completely pulling the rug out by calling in a third party? Better Business Bereau or OSHA or something?

Shit needs to be done. Your father is a spineless twit that I'd enjoy yelling at for not having any balls. The cunt in your office, however, deserves to have her stomache nigger-stomped so hard, she vomits blood upon first strike.

I'm in a vaugely similar situation since last night for much smaller reasons, but it did end up with screaming at my mother's voicemail and calling her all sorts of foul words that begin in 'f' and 'b'. So I'm familiar with this scenario, I know what its like to have some douche come in and start marking their territory.

I suggest putting on some rubber gloves and wiping a streak of dog shit under her car mats. Believe you me, come the warmer weather, the interior of her car will start smelling like someone shoved horseshit into her trunk.

Theres also gotta be various things you can do to her at work, like hide all her pens or wipe your ass with some money from her purse or something.

How ya doing, buddy?
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:10 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 11:10 AM #13 of 51
Dang, you make me hate her too. =P I certainly wouldn't trust her motivations, especially if she's proven herself to be not the most hardworking person in the workplace as well as a jerk outside.

I learned in history class that one way to dissolve class tensions is to declare war on an outside force. Therefore, I think you should declare war on another small business. It will dissolve the tensions and give you a common goal, then you can enslave the people you conquer and there's a whole new lowest class that everyone above benefits from. =D

EDIT: It's easier to just use milk rather than dog crap. You don't have to wear gloves, it doesn't stain, and it's just about as hard to get out with similar smelly results. Sour milk smell interactions with carpet cleaner smells are wondrous. I've been in enough cars with little kids to know this.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:13 PM #14 of 51
Originally Posted by Drex
It's easier to just use milk rather than dog crap.
The trick is to find a dog who's passing worms.

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:16 PM #15 of 51
Peeack - No, I would not be able to maintain school AND work if I were to quit here and go elsewhere. Since my school doesn't really BENEFIT any of the companies I would go to out of choice, they would neither PAY FOR nor TOLERATE my school during business hours/expenses.

One MAJOR reason I am sitting here right now.

LeHah - I'm not calling a third party because I feel hurt. Thats fucking retarded. I'll take care of my own business in time - I am just ANGSTING (appropriately in here) about how I feel backstabbed.

Though I rather like how you referred to things. I admire you sometimes. I wish I could have the balls to do horrible things to her.

I've since talked to my father via both email and phone. He stands his ground, but he sees my point. He's made excuses for himself, none of which are satisfactory explanations for his decision.

Drex - its totally true that "declaring war" on a third party works. Too bad she is no help in love OR war.

Now, after I've given her the templates to the quotes, the price list and formulas for the quotes, the explanation for all the details of said processes, SHE NEEDS ME TO INSTALL ADOBE ON HER COMPUTER. Because she "can't figure it out."

And I have no authority to tell her to go fuck herself.

FELIPE NO
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:17 PM #16 of 51
Originally Posted by Sassafrass
LeHah - I'm not calling a third party because I feel hurt. Thats fucking retarded. I'll take care of my own business in time - I am just ANGSTING (appropriately in here) about how I feel backstabbed.
Thats weak shit. You should get your dad to lose his fucking business.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:18 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 11:18 AM #17 of 51
Originally Posted by LeHah
The trick is to find a dog who's passing worms.
I concede the point.

Though that's not the wording I would use, since when does it take authority to say something like that?

Seriously, though, just keep it as mounting evidence for that chat you aim to have with pops.

(EDIT: heh, the word "not" sometimes completely changes the meaning of a sentence =P)

peeack
Good Chocobo

Member 443

Level 18.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:21 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 03:21 AM #18 of 51
Install your fist in her face, Sass. Jesus christ. She's so infurating, and I'm not even involved.

Quote:
So? =D You have no authority here either, doesn't stop you from telling us to fuck our selves, if the situation warrents it.

<33
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:24 PM #19 of 51
Sir, this is a "professional" (ahahhaha) environment. (I mean the office, not GFF. ^_^ )

I need to be able to control myself. Not all things in life are resolved with "GO FUCK YOURSELF, YOU HORRIBLE CUNT."

LeHah, I would never do that. I love working with him and he's awesome at what he does. Its just when he plays politics with me that I get hurt. I am not half as vicious as you are. I don't want to hurt anyone.

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:25 PM #20 of 51
I am not half as vicious as you are. I don't want to hurt anyone.

"That... is why you fail"

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:26 PM #21 of 51
You feel backstabbed because you have been backstabbed. I know you love your dad, but let's face it. He gets sex from this woman. She's going to win out every time.

Think about how many hours a day of your precious life you spend at your job. You may love your dad and your job, but this bitch continues to cause you serious stress, and who needs that? I'd seriously get the hell out of there. History has proven that your dad is usually going to side with this woman. You're too smart and life's too short to have to deal with her crap day in and day out.

And telling anyone to go fuck themselves isn't going to help the situation.

That's my two cents.

I was speaking idiomatically.
peeack
Good Chocobo

Member 443

Level 18.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:34 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 03:34 AM #22 of 51
Quote:
Go fuck your self. =D

You could always go to the butchers, Sass, and get a pig's spine or something. Bring it to work, chuck it on your Dad's desk and suggest he use it occasionally. Testicles could be substituted also.

<33
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:38 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 11:38 AM #23 of 51
THAT would be pretty sweet.

FELIPE NO
Minion
Retainer

Member 21

Level 28.54

Feb 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:43 PM #24 of 51
One thing's for sure. You will have to do something other than get upset all the time. Get some leverage against them. I don't know the situation well enough to tell you what to do, but I'm sure you could think of something. Stupid pranks aren't going to help and they'll only make you feel better for 5 minutes until you have to deal with the aftermath.

How ya doing, buddy?
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:44 PM #25 of 51
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
You feel backstabbed because you have been backstabbed. I know you love your dad, but let's face it. He gets sex from this woman. She's going to win out every time.
That, actually, is completely inaccurate. I hate to brag, but I am thinking you have no idea what I have done to horrible women in my father's past.

I usually win out. But the same techniques I use here on GFF - EXHAUSTION. My resolve and determination is borderline mentally ill. I have fought many women out of my father's life - this woman is weaker, dumber, and much less USEFUL in his personal life than any of the past ones.

And don't ask me why I know this, but I guess she refuses to put out for him anymore. OR WAS refusing. Until they broke up because she was neither listed in my father's will nor would he allow her to get her hands into the ownership of this business.

Quote:
Think about how many hours a day of your precious life you spend at your job. You may love your dad and your job, but this bitch continues to cause you serious stress, and who needs that? I'd seriously get the hell out of there. History has proven that your dad is usually going to side with this woman. You're too smart and life's too short to have to deal with her crap day in and day out.
Did you miss the part about school? ;_;

Quote:

That's my two cents.
You're absolutely right about this one. ^_^

Originally Posted by MinionPie
One thing's for sure. You will have to do something other than get upset all the time. Get some leverage against them. I don't know the situation well enough to tell you what to do, but I'm sure you could think of something. Stupid pranks aren't going to help and they'll only make you feel better for 5 minutes until you have to deal with the aftermath.
I agree with you.

And I have leverage, in a way. I've already threatened him to quit in an email about 15 minutes ago. He didn't like that, considering the plans that are upcoming (which I can't talk about. =/ ) and he was relying on me to do things.

Its just hurt, you know. I hate it when I do everything I can for a cause and WHAM, I get it in the ass. ;_;

Last edited by I poked it and it made a sad sound; Mar 8, 2006 at 12:47 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > I need to do something.