Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[:plant:] Official MUGEN Thread
Closed Thread

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 01:47 PM #176 of 1438
Quote:
The character needs to be converted with dos2win for the pictures to properly come up.
I downloaded this thing, but how does it work?

According to you, it's supposed to fix portraits like this, right?

But will it also fix the character sprites?

Again, I want to start adding stages, but I want to make it so that all new stages will appear when I use Stage Select, instead of scattered around. I want to make sure each one works.

I've seen that Evangelion link before, but I don't know where to download the program. I hope it'll be easy to move the characters from that program into my MUGEN folder.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
WooshaQ
Wheel of Ka

Member 502

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 02:06 PM Local time: Aug 7, 2006, 08:06 PM #177 of 1438
Why haven't you tried before asking this questions. Guess it's too late asking that so I might as well provide the answer. Yes it will, just extract the d2w files into the folder with broken character and run the executable, pretty much it.

I don't quite get what you mean. You cannot find dowanload link or you don't know what to do with the downloaded file. Either way, it's in the site's forum and once you get it, run the instaler; later copy the character from the game into your mugen and pray for it to work

Anyway, have you guys noticed a whole bunch of zero-poster coming here (propably just) to request mugen stuff? Cyric, reading your answer made me proud! Respect!

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by WooshaQ; Aug 7, 2006 at 03:29 PM.
Conan-the-3rd
[Insert genie + computing pun here]

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 02:21 PM Local time: Aug 7, 2006, 08:21 PM #178 of 1438
You know, I'm supprised no one's made a Cell that uses his absorbition ability as a Fatality/Destroyer/Fatail KO

There's nowhere I can't reach.
All I'm saying is that if the laptops of the future are not in the
shape of chibi genie girls then I'm going to be sorely disappointed.
K4thos
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 10772

Level 1.10

Aug 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 02:41 PM #179 of 1438
Quote:
Anyway, have you guys notices a whole bunch of zero-poster coming here (propably just) to request mugen stuff?
Heh i found this forum searching for that chars in google so my first post is request. Normaly I won't be able to know this forum even exsist...

BTW. I see that you use hi-res filter. EVE screenpack and lifebars no need this filter. In my opinion the best option is DoubleRes = 2 (bilinear filtering). You can change it in mugen.cfg/video win.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by K4thos; Aug 7, 2006 at 03:39 PM.
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 03:02 PM #180 of 1438
We have created a monster...='(

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Ken Hikari
Silent Protagonist

Member 395

Level 13.07

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 03:07 PM Local time: Aug 7, 2006, 12:07 PM #181 of 1438
I agree Tokubetsu. :eyebrow:

Most amazing jew boots
lordmbison
Carob Nut

Member 10702

Level 4.76

Aug 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 03:30 PM #182 of 1438
Hi I've been wondering if anyone here has a version of Magneto from X-Men: Children of the Atom. You know, the really powerful one that was the boss in that game? If you do have it can you please send it to:

pokeravi@hotmail.com

If not then this is a really hard and stupid favor to ask but can anyone do it for me? You can use this Magneto from X-Men vs. Street Fighter as a base.

getterth.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

The sound files, animations and everything's already there from COTA. But of course since the guy made a version of him from X-Men vs. Street Figter he didn't use the COTA files. But I don't have a clue how to change that stuff to make him like in COTA. However, I've learned how to change his voice from X-Men vs. Street Fighter to the one in COTA, so you don't have to do that. But please if someone could do the animations and moves that he has in COTA I would really appreciate it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
BIGWORM
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 03:49 PM #183 of 1438
I don't know if you guys noticed my absence the past few days. I think I'm just turned off to MUGEN by the zero-posters here.

FELIPE NO
[ SCHWARZE-5 - Helger Collins ]
WooshaQ
Wheel of Ka

Member 502

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 04:11 PM Local time: Aug 7, 2006, 10:11 PM #184 of 1438
Originally Posted by lordmbison
If not then this is a really hard and stupid favor to ask but can anyone do it for me? You can use this Magneto from X-Men vs. Street Fighter as a base.
LOL! Wrong place, GFF is not home for requesting things like that as I assume that none of the actual members is a pro coder when it comes char making. All we have is one little thread. If you really want to, try requesting such an edit on mugenguild.com, you're gonna get flamed though. Yet it's still worth to try.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 04:18 PM #185 of 1438
Quote:
Why haven't you tried before asking this questions.
I have tried. I usually always try before I ask for help.

Just so you know, the thread is meant is primarily meant for people new to MUGEN. The purpose is to help each other out as well as share any characters and such. So please don't lecture so much when most of us are asking for help. I know all too well that if you tinker around without knowing what you're doing, you could end up crashing the whole damn program.

Quote:
Anyway, have you guys notices a whole bunch of zero-poster coming here (propably just) to request mugen stuff?
I'm well aware, but that's not up to me or you. Let the mods determine which people are worth keeping around.

On a lighter note, the lifebar you linked too works like a charm, and is a far improvement from the EVE lifebar. The new announcer is a lot better, too.

Also, thanks for helping me finally find a Sol worth keeping. Now if only I could find Dizzy...

How ya doing, buddy?
vboy23
Carob Nut

Member 10501

Level 4.59

Aug 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 05:55 PM Local time: Aug 7, 2006, 04:55 PM #186 of 1438
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
Now if only I could find Dizzy...
taiyakiugh.hp.infoseek.co.jp

Click on the 2nd link on the left side, she's all the way down the bottom, and only 45% complete.

Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 06:44 PM Local time: Aug 7, 2006, 06:44 PM #187 of 1438
Originally Posted by WooshaQ
The reason I want to somehow limit the massive sharing is to keep the comunity alive... You wont believe how many great creators have left because their works were massively publish without their permission.
Since you bring it up, a question for you. Does this apply to original creation characters, or to ports as well? Because I can only see the term "pirate" and laugh whenever someone clings insecurely to their SFA3 Ryu conversion.

I'm not angry at you, mind you, I'm just curious how they attempt to justify this to themselves.

Number two, though, I'm not sure why being published with or without someone's permission is such a bad thing. If you make an original character available for use in a customizable engine, why do you care who gets to use it? As long as it's got your name in the credits, why can't Joe Schmoe have it fight against his Evil Ken? That's the point of MUGEN to begin with.

Lazyguy
Confused yet

Member 10757

Level 14.04

Aug 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 06:55 PM Local time: Aug 7, 2006, 06:55 PM #188 of 1438
Wooshaq despite what you think about first time posters its how they get started and get what they need to get the ball rolling. I asked cause i need a better ai for the rugal that i want. Still how would it feel being the little guy in the group of giants ehhh.

OtakuManga
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 10806

Level 1.47

Aug 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 11:42 PM #189 of 1438
WHOA!!!! A MUGEN GROUP!!!!

Sup GUYS anyone wanna do some trading... i got lots of characters and can answer some questions well i can try to answer )

well i cant show my roster until i post more so hit me up i'll be on tomorrow...

I was speaking idiomatically.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 01:37 AM #190 of 1438
Quote:
Number two, though, I'm not sure why being published with or without someone's permission is such a bad thing. If you make an original character available for use in a customizable engine, why do you care who gets to use it? As long as it's got your name in the credits, why can't Joe Schmoe have it fight against his Evil Ken? That's the point of MUGEN to begin with.
This is exactly how I feel with all the whining going around with MUGEN creators. Is it not the point for other people to use their works as they see fit? If they're worrying about credability, all they have to do is trademark their name in somewhere (just check out Thor for proof). That's why I can't understand or respect all their decisions to close down their sites and keep people from downloading their characters.

I've asked this several times, but I'll keep asking until I get an answer. I'm trying to figure out how you can determine the order that stages will appear in stage select. I've looked at all the .def files but I can't figure it out. I don't want to add new stages unless I can test them out by rows, instead of cycling the huge list of stages already displayed.

Quote:
Sup GUYS anyone wanna do some trading... i got lots of characters and can answer some questions well i can try to answer )
If you're an intended dupe account, this is gold.

Lost_solitude
stop stealing my "me time"

Member 2164

Level 13.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 01:38 AM Local time: Aug 7, 2006, 08:38 PM #191 of 1438
Have you ever read what I posted ealier. Stupit question.... Of course not. Geez, do it, NOW! It's all written there...

If you still don't have a clue, check spoiler below...
Spoiler:
RAR fromat is NOT supported for god sake. Extract what is inside using programs like winrar, than either just place the contents in the right folder or pack it again, only this time zip it instead or raring it.

hehe^_^ wow I got it i was so confused but all I needed was winrar and it all makes sense...man I'm slow. Check out my roster

just an idea of the chaos in my game. The screen pack is nothing cause I'm working on making my own once I find out how ;^_^

FELIPE NO
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 01:41 AM #192 of 1438
On that note, I'd like Heihachi (!), Talbain and Ren & Stimpy please.

Conan-the-3rd
[Insert genie + computing pun here]

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 01:46 AM Local time: Aug 8, 2006, 07:46 AM #193 of 1438
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
This is exactly how I feel with all the whining going around with MUGEN creators. Is it not the point for other people to use their works as they see fit? If they're worrying about credability, all they have to do is trademark their name in somewhere (just check out Thor for proof). That's why I can't understand or respect all their decisions to close down their sites and keep people from downloading their characters.
I third this one, wearhouse drama shutdown makes Mugen harder, rather than less pirated.

Quote:
I've asked this several times, but I'll keep asking until I get an answer. I'm trying to figure out how you can determine the order that stages will appear in stage select. I've looked at all the .def files but I can't figure it out. I don't want to add new stages unless I can test them out by rows, instead of cycling the huge list of stages already displayed.
Unfortuantely, teh only answer I can give you is that it's effected by how the "Chracter" stages are defined, that being, what stages are attached to the chracters.

For example my select.def looks a bit like...

Code:
svcryu, stages/vfgcaptain.def 
super-mario, stages/finaldest.def
songoku, stages/finaldest.def
sailor_mercury, stages/gameosap.def
svcathena, stages/VanityParadise.def
terry, stages/vfgcaptain.def
zerosvc, stages/RM8-FrostmanCity.def
KOS-MOS, stages/metro_dream.def
In this case, "Vfgcaptin" would be stage 1, "Final Destination" Stage 2 and "GameCrown and Osa P" stage 3 on the stage select list, Vanity Paradice Stage 4 and so on.

This, however, can be a pain in the arse if you want a given order to both your level list and your Select screen as it's pritty impossible to have one wihtout the other (especaily if you want your training level to be the first one).

Jam it back in, in the dark.
All I'm saying is that if the laptops of the future are not in the
shape of chibi genie girls then I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

Last edited by Conan-the-3rd; Aug 8, 2006 at 01:52 AM.
WooshaQ
Wheel of Ka

Member 502

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 03:22 AM Local time: Aug 8, 2006, 09:22 AM #194 of 1438
Originally Posted by Skexis
Since you bring it up, a question for you. Does this apply to original creation characters, or to ports as well? Because I can only see the term "pirate" and laugh whenever someone clings insecurely to their SFA3 Ryu conversion.
I guess it's more about the work they put in coding the character than the originality of their creations. Funny thing is that nobody really looks at the credits, do you? (there in the chraracter .def file)

As for the stages there is something that is called stage viewer, with this proggie you can view all the stages you have in the mugen directory. But you shouldn't worry, all of them should work. In worst case if you get a message saying the mugen cannot read the stage sprites. If this case you will have to change \ into / in the line starting with spr = stages/stagename.sff. For some reason some authors do that...

in case you don't know there is a place in the select.def where you can add secret stages, one that are not assigned to any character.

Quote:
[ExtraStages]
;Put extra stages here. They will be available in VS and Watch modes.
;For example, you can insert "stages/mybg.def".

stages/kurukuru2.def
stages/NBC-Planetarium-Close-Stage.def
stages/MK3_Temple.def
So if you want to test them, add some there and go to training, pick two chars and when asked to select stages press right direction on gamepad or keyboard. You'll start selecting from the back. Just where they are.

I bet you're gonna be dissapointed with this Heihachi, I had King and Mokujin from the same creator and they had no special mover or AI, were just a dummies.

Last edited by WooshaQ; Aug 8, 2006 at 03:29 AM.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 03:49 AM Local time: Aug 8, 2006, 03:49 AM #195 of 1438
I guess it's more about the work they put in coding the character than the originality of their creations. Funny thing is that nobody really looks at the credits, do you? (there in the chraracter .def file)
Well, more power to them for their effort, but if they wanted recognition of skill, they're in the wrong business. I understand that it took a lot of time to do it, and if they invested a lot into the characters, then it will show. Expecting people not to spread a free, easily imported piece of art --what they consider to be a neat creation-- is some kind of wacky looney tunes logic that I can't identify with.

And I don't really care to look at the credits, no. It's just that people notice repetition, or exception. If they see a certain community bringing a lot of good work to the table, or one exceptional piece of work from an individual, then chances are they'll give the proper attention. Expecting anything else is a bit like asking the world to change to suit your desires. It doesn't help that a lot of these places seem pretty insular to begin with, so when they're done convincing themselves that they're right, they don't bother to listen to the substance of people's complaints.

No, the creators and porters of these characters are not here for our entertainment. They don't have to do anything, and we can't force them, but that's the point. They're doing it of their own volition. And they're doing it as a service. Not an exchange.

I'm not trying to grill you or put you in an uncomfortable position, but I'm sensing that you're closer to the mugen community than a lot of people here, so I think you might be able to give me better answers than most.

Last edited by Skexis; Aug 8, 2006 at 03:51 AM.
Cyric
EXILED

Member 10676

Level 3.52

Aug 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 07:21 AM #196 of 1438
Originally Posted by Lazyguy
Wooshaq despite what you think about first time posters its how they get started and get what they need to get the ball rolling. I asked cause i need a better ai for the rugal that i want. Still how would it feel being the little guy in the group of giants ehhh.
WooshaQ didn't give any opinion about first time posters, he just stated a "fact" (depending on what you consider alot at least). However there are some other people here who have seemed a bit more disdainful towards newer members.

Anyway, have you guys noticed a whole bunch of zero-poster coming here (propably just) to request mugen stuff? Cyric, reading your answer made me proud! Respect!
Well I didn't come here only to request mugen stuff but I did find it by doing a Google search for mugen stuff just like K4thos did. I did some browsing around and found there were some other things I was interested in discussing here like Doujin games which I have a few of that arent listed on the "master thread" and some import games that I am interested in (Bleach DS and Jump Superstars... haven't seen a thread about Bleach Heat the Soul 3 yet though). On top of that it seemed like one of the rare gaming forums with a fairly mature and respectable crowd.

After posting a bit I can say I am rubbed the wrong way by the looking down on of zero-posters by some people on this thread... I'm the head Admin of the largest Magic: The Gathering forum and about a year and a half ago due to some unfortunate events the majority of our users left the site. If alot of people joined our site, even if it's just to post on a specific thread, then I would gladly welcome them to the site and hope they decide to stay for other reasons. Not only that but I've also ran a clan for several years and people come and go, if people stop coming then your going to be in a real tight spot when the other people go (and I've dealt with situations like that).

On the other side of things I can also see why a bunch of n00bs would be unwelcome in a community. There was a point of time that the site I run was so large that it was hard for anyone to stick out and even harder to keep up with anything (though nothing nearly as bad as Gaiaonline). On a smaller basis as a clan leader I've always got to be careful on bringing newer people in and not bringing in too many around the same time or risk alienating the vets of the clan and making them feel out of place even though they were there first. However without those new people eventually the same people will repeat the same conversations over and over just in slightly different ways each time and things will get stale (or people will end up having problems with other people, or life happens, etc.).

I deffinitly can say I feel unwelcome here, however I've been around the net long enough to know that's something that happens when you join a new site and I don't really intend to let it get to me (much ). Though I must say WooshaQ doesn't seem (too ) bad, it's rare you find someone you can reason with online... in your first encounter

Lazyguy
Confused yet

Member 10757

Level 14.04

Aug 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 09:22 AM Local time: Aug 8, 2006, 09:22 AM #197 of 1438
even though most creators dont like wharehousing its much easier for others that cant or dont have the time to make a character and just want to have fun and play the game. i'll put my roster up to for those who want to save themselves the effort of looking for characters.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 04:08 PM #198 of 1438
I've found some characters that come as .dgc files. What program can I use to open this format?

Also....

http://randomselect.i-xcell.com/foru...p?topic=1375.0

Man, I hope he finishes it. We need more guys like this so MUGEN remains awesome.

I like how Death Dealer is the coolest Demitri ever.

WooshaQ
Wheel of Ka

Member 502

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 04:15 PM Local time: Aug 8, 2006, 10:15 PM #199 of 1438
I'm waiting for this one:

As for the file format...

FELIPE NO
Attached Files
File Type: rar DGCA.rar (958.6 KB, 35 views)
Ken Hikari
Silent Protagonist

Member 395

Level 13.07

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 05:35 PM Local time: Aug 8, 2006, 02:35 PM #200 of 1438
I've searched around on places like StreeMugen and Randomselect, but I still can't find a lifebar that fits my taste.

Anyone know of any good sites that specialize in nothing but different Lifebars of shapes, sizes and genre's?

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [:plant:] Official MUGEN Thread