Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Iran Captures 15 British sailors

Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2007, 12:34 PM Local time: Mar 26, 2007, 07:34 PM #1 of 5
Iran Captures 15 British sailors

Iran Captures 15 British sailors and marines.

I'm kind of surprised that no one has brought this up yet.

Personally I see this as a suicidal move on Iran’s part. It doesn't look like this will actually incite war with Iran but “it was the straw that broke the camels back”. I wonder how many more straws it will take before Iran runs out of luck.

How ya doing, buddy?

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2007, 12:41 PM Local time: Mar 26, 2007, 12:41 PM #2 of 5
I only saw something briefly on a news ticker the other day, and I wondered what had prompted them to do it.

It seems particularly stupid at this point for Iranian forces not to offer up a warning before taking prisoners. I'm sure if they had told the soldiers to evacuate the immediate area this could have been settled much quicker.

Even if the Brits decided they couldn't do their job if they moved out of the area, they still could have confirmed the situation with their superiors.

Of course, that goes to Ahmadinejad's motives and his policy in all of this. If he doesn't care at this point who he pisses off, then there's no reason to be diplomatic.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
GhaleonQ
Holy Paladin Fencer *snickers*

Member 20358

Level 16.99

Feb 2007

Old Mar 27, 2007, 03:23 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2007, 02:23 PM #3 of 5
Gumby, it's more of a delay in hopes that the Japanese will learn to stomach war again, Australia will strengthen its military, Russia will start acting in the interest of its people again, western and eastern Europe will promote strong international bonds, and our various Middle Eastern allies will avert their eyes for a moment. Until nearly all of those things come to pass (or Iran becomes incredibly silly and dangerous), we're stuck.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Mar 28, 2007, 01:25 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2007, 07:25 AM #4 of 5
I heard of that in the news.

I am pretty sure, though, regarding the current excellent relations between Iran and UK that it won't be much of a problem. They will be released, soon.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 28, 2007, 03:53 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2007, 03:53 AM #5 of 5
What I hear from Brits is that they expect Iran to give the sailors back after some pointless posturing. The waters in the Northern Gulf are contested between Iran and Iraq as it is, and apparently this isn't anything new.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Iran Captures 15 British sailors