Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] LOST
Closed Thread

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 09:08 PM #326 of 1091
Eko is so badass. I love him.

Is it a shock to anyone that the Swan is actually a mind game? Anyone notice how Dr. Marvin Candle's name isn't actually Dr. Marvin Candle, apparently?

I like how Eko is like Locke in season 1, and Locke is all like WTF DUDE. THATS SO LAST SEASON. We're all about acting like JACK now.

Also, I love how Sawyer is all "Awwww, Kate. Don't cry." I smiled while that bitch Libby died.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 09:11 PM #327 of 1091
Originally Posted by Sassafrass
Also, I love how Sawyer is all "Awwww, Kate. Don't cry." I smiled while that bitch Libby died.
I just don't like how they stopped a storyline halfway through.

Unless Hurley realizes by himself in a future episode that Libby was from his psych hospital, it just kinda fizzles out.

FELIPE NO
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 09:11 PM #328 of 1091
Eko truly does kick ass. No question about him. He and Locke make a fantastic on-screen team.

I'm a bit disappointed that
Spoiler:
the computer input was all just a sham, as I kinda figured. I'm also extremely disappointed that Libby died. That is complete horse shit.

Other than that, a great episode. Anyone else see the Hanso commercial?

Also, next week looks GREAT! I've been predicting that another plane will crash on the island and based on that final shot of the preview, I wonder if my prediction will be right... I guess we'll find out!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 09:12 PM #329 of 1091
The new website shown in the fake Hanso commercial is http://www.sublymonal.com, for anyone who missed it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 09:16 PM Local time: May 10, 2006, 07:16 PM #330 of 1091
Yeah I just went there.

Spoiler:
Clicked through the screens, and got a "sublymonal message" olol. "Code: Heir Apparent"

What?

Then continues to Hanso site.

Most amazing jew boots
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 09:19 PM Local time: May 10, 2006, 08:19 PM #331 of 1091
Originally Posted by JazzFlight
I just don't like how they stopped a storyline halfway through.

Unless Hurley realizes by himself in a future episode that Libby was from his psych hospital, it just kinda fizzles out.
Spoiler:
The producers still plan to tell her story (Read the interview here[POSSIBLE SPOILERS] ), throughout the flashbacks of next season.

I don't see how it will work, really, and it seems like they just should have let her live.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Ah! Amoeba
"You mean the movies lied?"

Member 177

Level 31.14

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 09:19 PM Local time: May 10, 2006, 09:19 PM #332 of 1091
Man, I didn't want Libby to die. Poor Hurley.

He is going to get so huge.

How ya doing, buddy?
soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 09:19 PM Local time: May 10, 2006, 08:19 PM #333 of 1091
Poor Libby.

Well, there goes her importance right out the window. I suppose her reason for being institutionalized could be explained in a future Hurley-centric episode. It's possible that Libby was institutionalized after Hurley, so there could be another episode with flashbacks to the mental hospital that explains why Libby came to be there.

But then why was she in Australia?

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by soulsteelgray; May 10, 2006 at 10:17 PM.
Ah! Amoeba
"You mean the movies lied?"

Member 177

Level 31.14

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 09:20 PM Local time: May 10, 2006, 09:20 PM #334 of 1091
Is it at all possible she comes back from the dead?

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 09:32 PM Local time: May 10, 2006, 07:32 PM #335 of 1091
Oh true... perhaps the Ekow story from the episode is some sort of foreshadowing of someone rising from the dead. Maybe... I'm betting it's Tony.

Most amazing jew boots
waka waka

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 10:06 PM #336 of 1091
I'm not so quick to believe the button pressing is 100% psychological experiment. LOST itself is a psychological experiment on its audience.

In fact, think of it this way. The Pearl itself had a camera. Someone is watching the Pearl. Maybe the Pearl is the psychological experiment, and the button pressing is for real?

The fact that the Pearl's orientation video was on tape instead of film means something. You know what happens when you run a magnet along tape?

Last edited by Eleo; May 10, 2006 at 10:10 PM.
soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 10:26 PM Local time: May 10, 2006, 09:26 PM #337 of 1091
Originally Posted by Eleo
I'm not so quick to believe the button pressing is 100% psychological experiment. LOST itself is a psychological experiment on its audience.

In fact, think of it this way. The Pearl itself had a camera. Someone is watching the Pearl. Maybe the Pearl is the psychological experiment, and the button pressing is for real?

The fact that the Pearl's orientation video was on tape instead of film means something. You know what happens when you run a magnet along tape?
If I was Locke, I'd send a message up that tube along the lines of, "Hey, smartasses, get us off this hell of an island!"

Maybe the button pressing is tied to the electromagnet in the Swan.

rockthepartay
Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner.

Member 693

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 10:35 PM #338 of 1091
I can't remember correctly, but in Eko's dream at the start of the episode wasn't the hatch shaking as if something was about to blow up? Could it be a possible foreshadow of the button not being pressed and the hatch exploding?

I don't know, but I still refuse to believe that we wasted an entire season on a worthless hatch.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 11:01 PM #339 of 1091
^ another reason why I'm reluctant to believe the hatch is useless.

I think whoever was in the Pearl station was being watched and observed. Their observations being sent up the tube was a secondary form of observation. Not only now do their observers see their actions/reactions but they also gain insight as to their thoughts.

The people in the Pearl station eventually figured this out (exposing the camera) and were like, fuck this, let's bounce.

That's my theory, anyway.

makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 02:47 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 01:47 AM #340 of 1091
OK.. I figured out what you do with the code from http://www.sublymonal.com..

Spoiler:

At the Hanso site, it takes you to the Exec bios screen. So click the Dr. Thomas Mittelwerk link at the top right and you should see a thing where you can enter text.

Enter the code.."Heir Apparent" and you get some creepy ass images and a message if you click the right things..

Then it takes you back to Hanso site. Is that it? ...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 05:17 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 02:17 AM #341 of 1091
Best episode since awhile, possibly of the season. Locke's reaction to the tape, man, Terry O'Quinn entirely overshadows everyone else on the show. Great performance on his part.

Quote:
LOST itself is a psychological experiment on its audience.
Sir, you are right on the ball with this. What I particularly liked about the episode was the character's somewhat addressing what the audience must be thinking. We've been getting crushed under the weight and slapped in the face lately with Hanso and psych experiments and explanations that are tangibly connected to logic. The audience knows it can't be that cut and dry and Eko's speech was a wink to them. Notes and surveillance and studies, sure, but dream visions and the dead rising? This is why I'm not so hinged on what questions are answered each week. The mystery in and of itself is not what draws me to this show, but the conflicting nature of the shrouded truth and how not only the characters but the viewers as well react to that.

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
Ascendancy
I'm a second year student!

Member 1628

Level 9.05

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 11:31 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 04:31 PM #342 of 1091
Originally Posted by soulsteelgray
If I was Locke, I'd send a message up that tube along the lines of, "Hey, smartasses, get us off this hell of an island!"

Maybe the button pressing is tied to the electromagnet in the Swan.
He did send up the little bit of paper with the drawing on it, so i guess if they're still monitoring it they'll know.

My memory is a little shoddy, but have they actually mentioned the magnetic field in the hatch ever since jack and sayid tried to get into the room? It's like they just went "k cant get in forget about the huge magnetic field"

Also, with the close up of the camera in the pearl hatch i'm inclined to agree that station number 5 (pearl) is being monitored by station 6, which is the only one we know virtually nothing about yet.

*edit*

Come to think about it. Maybe michael got caught on camera shooting AL and libby =o

Last edited by Ascendancy; May 11, 2006 at 11:35 AM.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 12:21 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 10:21 AM #343 of 1091
Originally Posted by striped phantom
OK.. I figured out what you do with the code from http://www.sublymonal.com..

Spoiler:

At the Hanso site, it takes you to the Exec bios screen. So click the Dr. Thomas Mittelwerk link at the top right and you should see a thing where you can enter text.

Enter the code.."Heir Apparent" and you get some creepy ass images and a message if you click the right things..

Then it takes you back to Hanso site. Is that it? ...
hanso site:
Yeah, that's all I did so far. Weird stuffs. That web site is tantalizing and eerie.

What if that monkey is behind EVERYTHING? osnap.

preview:
So like any other preview for any other show, characters are staring at something we don't know and are going WHAT THE FUCK [MATE] (they did depart from Australia). Here, there was a light. I wonder what it is. I've seen suggestions ranging from a ship, a nuclear explosion, an XBOX, and another crashing plane. Another crashing plane is interesting as it could bring more characters into the show.

FELIPE NO
waka waka

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 03:13 PM #344 of 1091
Originally Posted by nazpyro
preview:
So like any other preview for any other show, characters are staring at something we don't know and are going WHAT THE FUCK [MATE] (they did depart from Australia). Here, there was a light. I wonder what it is. I've seen suggestions ranging from a ship, a nuclear explosion, an XBOX, and another crashing plane. Another crashing plane is interesting as it could bring more characters into the show.
Spoiler:
I've been predicting another plane crash for a while. It would be pefect since they want to do a few more seasons. It would thin out their numbers, eliminating any lame characters, and in the process add some new ones. It would be a great way to jumpstart the show.

DragoonKain
Titletown, USA

Member 144

Level 23.83

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 03:47 PM #345 of 1091
If I were Locke and Eko I'd go back to the pearl and send a stick of dynamite through that air chute.

THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE YOUR 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 07:21 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 05:21 PM #346 of 1091
web site:
I don't know if this is new... but I haven't seen it posted anywhere yet. Alvar Hanso's profile in the exec bios. Click the date. (This is assuming you've been keeping up with this game.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
waka waka

soulsteelgray

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 09:32 PM Local time: May 11, 2006, 08:32 PM #347 of 1091
Originally Posted by nazpyro
web site:
I don't know if this is new... but I haven't seen it posted anywhere yet. Alvar Hanso's profile in the exec bios. Click the date. (This is assuming you've been keeping up with this game.
I've never felt so creeped out by a website before.

wakarukaya
Carob Nut

Member 582

Level 5.90

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 02:02 AM Local time: May 12, 2006, 12:02 AM #348 of 1091
Hey, I'm sorta behind, so I haven't really read some of the more recent posts, (so I don't know if this has already been posted or not) but I found that you can watch full episodes streaming on the abc homepage:
http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing
After clicking the "launch" button, you click on the lost screen, then you can navigate with the arrows on the top and bottom of this screen to choose an episode.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 04:12 AM Local time: May 12, 2006, 04:12 AM #349 of 1091
Why doesn't Eko and John just follow the tube wherever it goes. Just use that axe or something and keep following it.

Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 04:15 AM Local time: May 12, 2006, 10:15 AM #350 of 1091
Originally Posted by Eleo
Also, did anyone know that Locke's dad actually is the real Sawyer? This isn't an upcoming revelation but rather something we were supposed to put together. I for one suspected it but wasn't entirely sure. Apparently they removed a line from that past episode where Locke's dad just out and out says he is known by some as "Sawyer".
Well, obv.

Last night's episode was not that bad, but first of all, what a weak ending and second, it's good that some more or less annoying characters died but there are still so many left (when will Michael finally die, nobody really cares about him). Question #2: When will Jack be more fucking optimistic again; it's a catastrophy.

How ya doing, buddy?
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] LOST