Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Smart FTP's new version

Zorro
I'll come up with something witty soon

Member 2506

Level 15.02

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 09:22 AM Local time: Jul 26, 2006, 04:22 PM #1 of 1
Smart FTP's new version

Greetings!

I've posted this problem on the Smart FTP forums four days ago, but still no reply, so I hope I'll be getting a little more reaction around here

I've tried the search, and it did indeed yield that I'm not the only one with my problem. But no solution has been suggested as of yet, so here goes: I've been using Smart FTP for a year now, and I find it quite user-friendly. It took me a little while to figure out why it wouldn't start up anymore though - the old version wouldn't work with the new version out. Downloaded it, installed it, but I didn't feel right at home, especially because queues don't friggin' work. Where there was a transfer queue for each connection before, there's ony one now. (And what's the difference between transfer queue and temporary queue? Both don't work.)

When I first tried to line up a queue, everything was fine. Then I made a second connection and tried to line up another queue, but the files ended up under those of the first queue. So I wondered: 'Just a sec, I have to wait for all files to download from source A so I can download from source B? Hm, might have something to do with the number of threads you can adjust. I'll try setting it to 2.' Whoops, now SFTP tried to download two files from the same source at once. Naturally, the connection was cancelled. So to find out what the heck was going on, I deleted every queued file, lined up the second connection queue again - nothing happened. And then all of a sudden - nothing continued to happen, and the connection shut down. I reconnected, but no context menu appears when you right click on a queued file, Play doesn't work, Pause / resume doesn't work, Save doesn't work, I have to download every file manually by right click (download - direct - default folder), switching frantically between sources so they don't shut down because of inactivity. Since then no queue ever worked again, regardless of the server. Sometimes the transfer queue panel shows a sleeping symbol and "waiting to retry" until the connection shuts down (and the connection log doesn't give a hint that SFTP at least tries to get a queued transfer started which means it doesn't tell me what the heck is wrong), but most of the time no symbol appears at all; however, manual download always works immediately. The connection log fucks up every now and then, too, but that I can handle. What I need to know is how to queue up files and get the client to actually download them (and how to manage more than one source), because I'm tired of guiding SFTP through every step and not being able to leave the computer for two minutes.

What's slightly embarrassing is that very few seem to have a problem with the new version, otherwise I would have found a solution somewhere else. But the official forum doesn't help you, there's no help file, and the tutorials only serve to show me that I'm not making any obvious mistakes. Well, at least I figured out how to use mk. I on my own

Thanks in advance!

Zorro

Jam it back in, in the dark.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.
~ Robert Wilensky ~

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > Behind the Music > Smart FTP's new version