Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2010, 09:44 AM #1 of 48
Crap, forgot about that. I'll have to let my friend know to go so we can both get the map.

I've been grinding my nuts off trying to level and gear out around Bloomingdale. I probably should try to unlock some of those classes but they just seem a little far fetch for me. Especially the metal slime one

How ya doing, buddy?

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2010, 11:54 AM #2 of 48
Just unlocked Gladiator. Now for Armamentalist. I heard Paladin and Ranger weren't too bad to unlock either.

There's only 2 locations in South Carolina participating in the DQ event... luckily Myrtle Beach is one. Going there Saturday. I heard there will be swag and I'm all about free stuffs

There's nowhere I can't reach.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2010, 04:01 PM #3 of 48
I spent my time just grinding out gold trying to buy everything in the DQVC I had downloaded. Icicle Dirk at 8700 was a bit hefty of a price, but it's helped my thief out a few. Any tips on how to make stealing work more often? My Deftness is a little over 200 atm.

Got the map from that one dude at Zere Rocks. Can't wait to test it out. Finally got the ship too so I'm just seeing what I can find. I'm enjoying this game a ton.

Also unlocked Paladin and Ranger... found some book for Dancer?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2010, 04:52 PM #4 of 48
I haven't found ANY books yet.

Where did you get it?

I think it was in Gleeba. Wanted me to accept a quest after reading it. Lost art of Belly Dancing or something?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2010, 05:00 PM #5 of 48
Well that's pretty bogus.

Guess I'll try to grind out all the money for me to buy out the shop with tonight before heading to Best Buy tomorrow for the map and everything. What day does the DQVC usually update on for the week?

I was speaking idiomatically.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2010, 05:29 PM #6 of 48
Pretty sure the only unlockable classes are Ranger, Gladiator, Armamentalist, Paladin, Superstar, and Sage. I read that Superstar is post-game only and the Sage quest requires a monster in the final dungeon.

The DQVC updates daily at 8am GMT (4am EST). If you mean when the weekly themes change and visitors arrive, it's apparently on Fridays since a new visitor arrived today and the sale theme changed to slime apparel. Be sure to grab Slime Crowns since they were used in some high level alchemy recipes in DQ8. I wouldn't be surprised if they're required for stuff like liquid metal equipment in 9 too.
Yeah I had just read the book text wrong. Off to more grinding!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2010, 05:16 PM #7 of 48
I stopped by Best Buy today and got their map (Estark), and picked up more tags, bringing my total up to 9. The inn is improved, but though I've tried several times, Angelo won't give me his fourth item. What job class do you need for the third item, anyway?

I also got some nifty stickers:

I got the stickers today too. Also got a swell poster when I got the map too :3

(sorry for piss poor quality, my phone sucks.)

FELIPE NO

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2010, 02:28 PM #8 of 48
I think it sucks that the DQVC stuff is random. I only got a slime shield the first day and the rest of the time it's been stuff like Birthday Cakes (3 days in a row) and alchemy mats like Ice Crystals.

At least grinding on the Goldman (Gold Golems) outside Gleeba is profitable! I've got a few of the 1000g selling fodder coins from them.

Most amazing jew boots

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2010, 11:46 AM #9 of 48
I'm working on the grottos now, as well. I find myself going back to the earlier ones to see if I can get different maps from the same grotto. I think the highest level one I have is like level 30-ish. I'm still sporting (for the most part) the same gear I had when I completed the main story. Really want to make some of those sweet end weapons and armors but I don't have the funds to get those chrono crystals at 50k a pop

This week in DQVC is Dragon Warrior (Quest) 3 week. Haven't really seen anything "must have" but I've been buying stuff incase it can be alchemized into better, later.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:47 PM #10 of 48
Yeah I need those sollerets and so I went to the guide and saw that they were were not alchemized. Threw a fit, raged a little. When it subsided I just tried to grind out grottoes :|

I'm just so sick of fighting Shogum or when the game wants to be a massive faggot and have Nemean disruptive wave everytime I get buffed up.

Baramos beat my ass silly when I fought him.

Oh and I dunno about everyone else, but that Estark's map thing. The guy who gave the map to me at best buy must have beefed him up a few times, because I get the floor wiped with me when I fought him. my main guy is a warrior and he hit Estark for 70 while Estark just murdered everyone with kafrizz in almost one shot :\ and my characters are like 56, 53, 56 and 24 (changed the profession to Sage from Mage)

How ya doing, buddy?

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2010, 05:47 AM #11 of 48
Baramos was fine then all the sudden he turned all super cena on me and hit mad crazy crits and started going before my priest could cast multiheal. I just sat there dumbfounded. I'll try to get some more gear made and try him again. Right now my hero is sporting Erdrick's Sword and that upgraded mirror armor.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies